Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,398 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

How To Kill Your Shyness,(learn From My Experience). - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Kill Your Shyness,(learn From My Experience). (3553 Views)

Shyness Killing Me Slowly / Battling Shyness / Vertedness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Kill Your Shyness,(learn From My Experience). by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 12, 2014
Ok,while I was still at Bowen university,I was a very shy guy,not just shy to the opposite sex But shy to both sexes embarassed,there was always something pushing me back from starting a conversation with someone I really wanted to talk to for the first time,its always like "I will say the wrong thing" "I will get laughed at" "they would see me as a strange fella" bla bla. Talking to girls on a casual level was even more difficult for me. I always feel like they are watching every step I take and counting on every word I speak, So I was always over conscious around them.

Until one day.

Things started taking a U turn for me..

It all stared during our departmental dinner night,although it was done during the day,till afternoon time Sha. Each department would schedule a day for their own dinner night,during my own department dinner night I couldn't dance because I knew a lot of faces there and Ofcourse they would focus their eyes on me that "see this gentle boy ooo now dancing as If there is no tomorrow " ,that day was somehow boring to me Sha,I didn't dance. So I promised myself that I must dance,come What may ,in another department dinner night.

So I chose business administration department dinner night cos they had fresh and endowed babes there. So the party started,the most outgoing person was the first to come up stage and started dancing by himself,Soon others joined him,throughout those times I was planning how I would get up my sit without being noticed(silly me) . When I noticed that no one was looking at my side I just stood up like iroko tree still looking back to make sure no one was looking at me,then I started walking to the stage like a remote controlled robot.

I got on stage,everyone was dancing,I thought to myself, "no one is looking at me na,y am I shy?" So I started dancing the 1980's dance cheesy Lol,So I watched how some guys were dancing then I imitated their dance steps. I rocked girls that day ooo,I lost count of the amount of girls I rocked that day, Soon I discovered I wasn't shy anymore.

"OMG I can't believe this"
"Am I actually dancing among crowds in front of the audience "
"Wow am not shy again"
"I feel like Superman"
"Let me rescue the shy ones"

For my mind I was feeling So great,at last I killed my shyness. So i graced the opportunity to bring up the shy girls to the stage. Not in my widest dream did I see myself bringing up girls to dance on stage. The shyness vanished completely, it felt like I was never shy afterall.

Wait a second.......

I think I was never shy afterall.......

That was the shocking revelation.

It was that day I realised no one is Really shy. Those who think they are shy haven't just overstepped their comfort zone,once you push your limits,once you do something you think you would never do,it is then you would realise you are not shy afterall. There are no shy people in this world,But they are people who haven't left their comfort zone.

Leave your comfort zone,it may be difficult at first just focus your mind that you can't afford to be shy again,and you would be amazed with the things that you would do out of boldness.

*share your own shyness to boldness transition*

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Kill Your Shyness,(learn From My Experience). by FLAWLES(f): 2:02pm On Nov 12, 2014
NAIRALAND

1 Like

Re: How To Kill Your Shyness,(learn From My Experience). by FLAWLES(f): 2:04pm On Nov 12, 2014
Re: How To Kill Your Shyness,(learn From My Experience). by major466(m): 2:15pm On Nov 12, 2014
Shyness, just like poverty is a thing of the mind.
Quite inspirational and funny in a way. grin
Re: How To Kill Your Shyness,(learn From My Experience). by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 12, 2014
FLAWLES:
NAIRALAND

Nairaland killed ur own shyness?
Re: How To Kill Your Shyness,(learn From My Experience). by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 12, 2014
major466:
Shyness, just like poverty is a thing of the mind.
Quite inspirational and funny in a way. grin

Thanks.
Re: How To Kill Your Shyness,(learn From My Experience). by Booty4me: 2:39pm On Nov 12, 2014
Story for the gods cool
Re: How To Kill Your Shyness,(learn From My Experience). by FLAWLES(f): 2:41pm On Nov 12, 2014
Dapo777:

Nairaland killed ur own shyness?
. :/
Re: How To Kill Your Shyness,(learn From My Experience). by Agybabe(f): 2:59pm On Nov 12, 2014
Until you tell me, you asked a girl out that night...ahdntblvit. grin

~>MaLady<~
Re: How To Kill Your Shyness,(learn From My Experience). by adepiero: 3:08pm On Nov 12, 2014
OP don't lie, you took alcohol or coke and something? undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Kill Your Shyness,(learn From My Experience). by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 12, 2014
Agybabe:
Until you tell me, you asked a girl out that night...ahdntblvit. grin

~>MaLady<~

Will you be my girlfriend? Let me take you to paradise!!! grin kiss
Re: How To Kill Your Shyness,(learn From My Experience). by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 12, 2014
adepiero:
OP don't lie, you took alcohol or coke and something? undecided

They don't allow alcohol at Bowen university, its a Christian school. So I didn't take anything, some people even asked me If I took something that day,knowing I was the shy type.
Re: How To Kill Your Shyness,(learn From My Experience). by adepiero: 3:18pm On Nov 12, 2014
Dapo777:

They don't allow alcohol at Bowen university, its a Christian school. So I didn't take anything, some people even asked me If I took something that day,knowing I was the shy type.
they don't allow doesn't mean It can't be smuggled in. undecided

well, congratulations for your freedom ;Do
Re: How To Kill Your Shyness,(learn From My Experience). by Agybabe(f): 3:24pm On Nov 12, 2014
Dapo777:

Will you be my girlfriend? Let me take you to paradise!!! grin kiss
If you get mind, come say it to my face with confidence. tongue
Re: How To Kill Your Shyness,(learn From My Experience). by THUNDER4real(m): 3:40pm On Nov 12, 2014
ok

1 Like

Re: How To Kill Your Shyness,(learn From My Experience). by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 12, 2014
Agybabe:

If you get mind, come say it to my face with confidence. tongue

Ok Where shall we meet? I will shock u to d bones. angry
Re: How To Kill Your Shyness,(learn From My Experience). by Kingademos(m): 4:40pm On Nov 12, 2014
everytin dat happened to u also happened to me bt in my case, d shyness neva left.
even as i dy type, i dy shy. lol
Re: How To Kill Your Shyness,(learn From My Experience). by Agybabe(f): 10:39pm On Nov 12, 2014
Dapo777:

na Cali
Re: How To Kill Your Shyness,(learn From My Experience). by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 13, 2014
Agybabe:

na Cali

I dunno Dat place.
Re: How To Kill Your Shyness,(learn From My Experience). by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 13, 2014
grin grin

maybe it is one of those Davido or Olamide's crazy songs that made you go crazy.

Really sometimes coming out of your comfort zone doesn't really work. Some people are just naturally introverted maybe you aren't a full one. even after something like that some will return back to their shell.

Different things for different folks though

2 Likes

Re: How To Kill Your Shyness,(learn From My Experience). by Agybabe(f): 9:50pm On Nov 13, 2014
Dapo777:

I dunno Dat place.
calabar
Re: How To Kill Your Shyness,(learn From My Experience). by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 13, 2014
Nairaland
Re: How To Kill Your Shyness,(learn From My Experience). by johnstar(m): 10:08pm On Nov 13, 2014
Dapo777:

surulere national stadium
Re: How To Kill Your Shyness,(learn From My Experience). by Missmossy(f): 10:15pm On Nov 13, 2014
What an experience cool it helped in the longrun anyway. Good for you,its pays to be confident.

2 Likes

Re: How To Kill Your Shyness,(learn From My Experience). by Nobody: 11:59pm On Nov 13, 2014
Missmossy:
What an experience cool it helped in the longrun anyway. Good for you,its pays to be confident.

Yup
Re: How To Kill Your Shyness,(learn From My Experience). by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 14, 2014
bluelover:
grin grin

maybe it is one of those Davido or Olamide's crazy songs that made you go crazy.

Really sometimes coming out of your comfort zone doesn't really work. Some people are just naturally introverted maybe you aren't a full one. even after something like that some will return back to their shell.

Different things for different folks though

I am an introvert But I am very bold.
Re: How To Kill Your Shyness,(learn From My Experience). by nanauju(f): 12:21am On Nov 14, 2014
Nice one op. My own case is that I'm usually shy when I'm in the midst of people I don't really know or hang around with. I'll just keep to myself. But I'm very outspoken when I'm with my friends and people I know.
Re: How To Kill Your Shyness,(learn From My Experience). by Dopeyomi(m): 12:30am On Nov 14, 2014
[size=20] am not bold enough to try this.. Except if i sip some content of alcohol [/size]
Re: How To Kill Your Shyness,(learn From My Experience). by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 14, 2014
Dopeyomi:
[size=20] am not bold enough to try this.. Except if i sip some content of alcohol [/size]

Funny enough I wasn't on any liquid.
Re: How To Kill Your Shyness,(learn From My Experience). by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 14, 2014
nanauju:
Nice one op. My own case is that I'm usually shy when I'm in the midst of people I don't really know or hang around with. I'll just keep to myself. But I'm very outspoken when I'm with my friends and people I know.

INTROVERT.

I mean It's the same ‘case’ with every introvert.
Re: How To Kill Your Shyness,(learn From My Experience). by chamboy(m): 4:38pm On Nov 14, 2014
Departmental Dinner lol....

(1) (Reply)

Should You Date Someone You Don't Love? / 10 Reasons Why Men Don't Find Fat Women Attractive / My Girlfriend Left Me With No Regrets At All. Now She Doesn't Even Care.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.