Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? (28127 Views)

Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? / Whats D Longest time U ve Driven Ur Car Without A Trip To Mechanic / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by redcliff: 11:10am On Nov 25, 2014
kablooee:

This better be a joke, besides the offline advantage which you can also implement in Google maps, sygic has no place near Google maps, Google maps is donkey years ahead

I would agree sygic is better..
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 25, 2014
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by nurey(m): 5:32pm On Nov 25, 2014
I have finally downloaded sygic and used it, the offline navigation is badolee and it can also give you upto three route options to anywhere you going, I mean multiple ways to get to a certain destination with data, connecting to gps is fast and accurate so I would say sygic is better than Nokia maps sef.
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by IamChiboi(m): 6:31am On Nov 30, 2014
I started driving recently, and I find the map on my Q5 very helpful, it has taken me to places I wasn't familiar with, easily
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by kingkayz: 10:49am On Nov 30, 2014
Nokia maps is available for android users now. Same functionality with Sygic maps and it's free

Just google Nokia here beta and download

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by DECOtech(m): 8:57am On Dec 01, 2014
drumma:
Hi Guys.... this might not be news but I just tried something today and I was stunned to my bones... I was on the island running some errands and I had no idea how to locate my destinations given that most addresses there are kinda scattered so I brought out my iPhone, launched my google maps and once I clicked on start navigation....... it took me directly to my destination with voice prompt, actual amount of time it will take me to drive there and accurate turning points..... this is so amazing, ya'll should try it and share your views.....

I have no problem going to look for people again henceforth

_
YES, I always drive with google maps in areas that are unfamiliar to me anywhere in Nigeria.
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by datguru: 8:14pm On Dec 04, 2014
That's suicide mission
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by Truman155(m): 8:14pm On Dec 04, 2014
no and i dont care dso we use that shii in nigeria?
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by unibenstudent1(m): 8:16pm On Dec 04, 2014
Google map of nairaland
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by dastranger(m): 8:16pm On Dec 04, 2014
Google maps, ovi maps.. all stale undecided.
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by xammyx(m): 8:17pm On Dec 04, 2014
Yes. With good smart phone like android. Is possible. I do use Google map while drawing to unknown destination in Abj. grin
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by Pangea: 8:17pm On Dec 04, 2014
Yes, severally in lagos,
It's quite good!
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 04, 2014
Yes in 2011, from Karu FHA to Usuma crescent ,Maitama....it was accurate on my blackberry 9900.
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by maylisa(f): 8:19pm On Dec 04, 2014
Yes in abuja
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by LeylowDee: 8:21pm On Dec 04, 2014
It actually guide me to Ugboko village in Delta State over the last weekend. I was impressed.

Try it 2day

Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by Kimoni: 8:21pm On Dec 04, 2014
Yes! severally. No app needed, Google map has this functionality.
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 04, 2014
Mrkuvuki:
Yes in 2011, from Karu FHA to Usuma crescent ,Maitama....it was accurate on my blackberry 9900.
Bb 9900 is just the perfect phone to use.
I love that phone, it does everything for me

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by phransix147(m): 8:23pm On Dec 04, 2014
Try it in lagos you would be @ the mercy of LASTMA
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by Anextin(f): 8:23pm On Dec 04, 2014
yes, works perfectly well in Abuja, especially in the metropolis
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by elewedu(m): 8:24pm On Dec 04, 2014
On my return to lagos, its been a great guide, helping arround lagos. Jst have a good internet, you re good to go.
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by prettyboi1(m): 8:25pm On Dec 04, 2014
I've been using it for many years.
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by rodeo0070(m): 8:25pm On Dec 04, 2014
I've not used Google maps before. But I've used Nokia Here maps. I heard its better...
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by yommyphresh(m): 8:28pm On Dec 04, 2014
Yes na but na for dream sha
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by holatin(m): 8:29pm On Dec 04, 2014
tried it while trekking

helps in finding toyin street ikeja {prostitude hub}

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BMW Does The Bottle Cap Challenge With A BMW M4 Coupé (Video) / How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? / Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.