Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,574 members, 7,955,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:28 PM

The 100 TV Serie...anyone? - TV/Movies (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The 100 TV Serie...anyone? (80979 Views)

The 100 Million Queen Amina Of Zaria Movie / Startimes Acquires Serie A Broadcast Rights / Yoruba/english Tv Serie And Full Movie(home Video) Audition!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 100 TV Serie...anyone? by khalhokage(m): 6:23am On Dec 15, 2015
I just finished Season 1 of this show, and I have to ask does it get better?
I got sick of it before the end, I liked and enjoyed it's sci-fi premise but the teenage drama and disturbingly constant wrong choices was just off putting.

The grounders are never explained and surprisingly none of them bothers to ask especially Octavia ffs, maybe it'll be explained in season 2 but I won't see it if I think it's more of the same.

So my question is, does it get better?

Help me out cao.
Re: The 100 TV Serie...anyone? by cao(f): 8:26am On Dec 15, 2015
khalhokage:
I just finished Season 1 of this show, and I have to ask does it get better?
I got sick of it before the end, I liked and enjoyed it's sci-fi premise but the teenage drama and disturbingly constant wrong choices was just off putting.

The grounders are never explained and surprisingly none of them bothers to ask especially Octavia ffs, maybe it'll be explained in season 2 but I won't see it if I think it's more of the same.

So my question is, does it get better?

Help me out cao.
Grounders never explained? The Grounders are the human survivors of the nuclear apocalypse, over time evolution have made them resistant to the radiated Earth's atmosphere. They lived on the surface, the survived on the ground (natural selection aka survival of the fittest), grew their own language from broken English & truncated signposts (eg the town of tonDC is simply from Washington DC). The Grounders have a rather interesting hierarchy, there are 12 tribes with their individual leaders, but the true leader is their Heda, Lexa, who formed a rather unprecedented alliance with all tribes. I binged all two seasons in one go. The thing I like about The 100, is the fact that no one can really be deemed a true hero, they're all grey. Yes, they've made silly decisions, but this Earth is made and ruled by youth, they sent 100 juvenile delinquents to Earth, what did you expect, kids below 18, who were waiting to be spaced, to be the epitome of wisdom? And, the Sky People are immune from the Earth's radiation because they've lived in space, where they've enjoyed solar radiation.

Oh, and the Mountain Men, are the folks who stayed in the underground bunker of Mount Weather, as a result, they have no immunity to the radiation.

4 Likes

Re: The 100 TV Serie...anyone? by khalhokage(m): 9:06am On Dec 15, 2015
cao:

Grounders never explained? The Grounders are the human survivors of the nuclear apocalypse, over time evolution have made them resistant to the radiated Earth's atmosphere. They lived on the surface, the survived on the ground (natural selection aka survival of the fittest), grew their own language from broken English & truncated signposts (eg the town of tonDC is simply from Washington DC). The Grounders have a rather interesting hierarchy, there are 12 tribes with their individual leaders, but the true leader is their Heda, Lexa, who formed a rather unprecedented alliance with all tribes. I binged all two seasons in one go. The thing I like about The 100, is the fact that no one can really be deemed a true hero, they're all grey. Yes, they've made silly decisions, but this Earth is made and ruled by youth, they sent 100 juvenile delinquents to Earth, what did you expect, kids below 18, who were waiting to be spaced, to be the epitome of wisdom? And, the Sky People are immune from the Earth's radiation because they've lived in space, where they've enjoyed solar radiation.

Oh, and the Mountain Men, are the folks who stayed in the underground bunker of Mount Weather, as a result, they have no immunity to the radiation.

Thanks, now I'm more interested interested in seeing season 2, I think that's where most of these exposition are, for example nothing about immunity to radiation is ever mentioned in season 1 and the mountain men only show up at the season finale to kidnap the 100, but i'm definitely go to watch season 2 now.
Re: The 100 TV Serie...anyone? by cao(f): 11:35pm On Dec 15, 2015
khalhokage:

Thanks, now I'm more interested interested in seeing season 2, I think that's where most of these exposition are, for example nothing about immunity to radiation is ever mentioned in season 1 and the mountain men only show up at the season finale to kidnap the 100, but i'm definitely go to watch season 2 now.
You're welcome, hope you enjoy the ride.
Re: The 100 TV Serie...anyone? by BraniacX(m): 12:56pm On Dec 20, 2015
khalhokage:

strap your seatbelt on, this is one hellofa bumpy joy ride and you're gonna love it! wink

hey! drop your testimony here when you're done cool
Re: The 100 TV Serie...anyone? by khalhokage(m): 2:35pm On Dec 20, 2015
BraniacX:

strap your seatbelt on, this is one hellofa bumpy joy ride and you're gonna love it! wink

hey! drop your testimony here when you're done cool

No problemo
Re: The 100 TV Serie...anyone? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 14, 2016
*spreads mat*

Counting down to The 100 season 3... 1 week leftgrin

#TEAM_DeathToAllGroundersangry
Re: The 100 TV Serie...anyone? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 21, 2016
its the 21st... where is everybody?undecided

cc:cao, brsinaicX, Guykhena, austeenX, Alfred34, mintayo
Re: The 100 TV Serie...anyone? by cao(f): 6:26pm On Jan 21, 2016
Preboy:

Well, I finished work about 30 minutes ago and I'm running on fumes after my new quest - to embarrass myself at CoD:BO3. So once I land for my house, na sleep I go knack...
Re: The 100 TV Serie...anyone? by CassieV(f): 7:37pm On Jan 21, 2016
Preboy:

Lol, we get to watch tomorrow though.
Re: The 100 TV Serie...anyone? by Alfred234(m): 8:31pm On Jan 21, 2016
Preboy:

cc:cao, brsinaicX, Guykhena, austeenX, Alfred234, mintayo
*Strolls in*
Can't wait to watch
Re: The 100 TV Serie...anyone? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 22, 2016
So Clarke don turn Lez full time naa...
Re: The 100 TV Serie...anyone? by mrdrizzy(m): 9:50pm On Jan 22, 2016
suxxman:
really ?.what happened
Re: The 100 TV Serie...anyone? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jan 22, 2016
mrdrizzy:
really ?.what happened

Ga'an Watch Joor tongue
Re: The 100 TV Serie...anyone? by cao(f): 12:13am On Jan 23, 2016
This is going on the back burner for a while, I kinda have a lot of shows to catch up on.
Re: The 100 TV Serie...anyone? by Mintayo(m): 5:46am On Jan 23, 2016
suxxman:
As in...
Re: The 100 TV Serie...anyone? by Nobody: 7:47am On Jan 23, 2016
Jasper tho... I feel for the guycry, he has definitely lost it

As for Clarke.... What can I say, she had the potential all this while, some month in the jungle just helped bring it outundecided
Re: The 100 TV Serie...anyone? by Rich4god(m): 9:18am On Jan 23, 2016
Why is jasper acting awkward...
Re: The 100 TV Serie...anyone? by Samiceman: 10:41am On Jan 23, 2016
Rich4god:
Annoying is the word! The season premiere sucks sef
Re: The 100 TV Serie...anyone? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 23, 2016
Rich4god:
his girlfriend died at mt. weathe with her people... he is traumatized
Re: The 100 TV Serie...anyone? by Alfred234(m): 9:17am On Jan 24, 2016
The Season premiere was slow tho... I hope the next episode will be better
Re: The 100 TV Serie...anyone? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 26, 2016
clarke na lezbo.

*sobs* chaaai..why all the series now dey geh gay character....now no hope for bellamy to nack clarke she na punna she like now

.bastard lezbo
Re: The 100 TV Serie...anyone? by cao(f): 1:23am On Feb 15, 2016
slowpoison1:
clarke na lezbo.

*sobs* chaaai..why all the series now dey geh gay character....now no hope for bellamy to nack clarke she na punna she like now

.bastard lezbo
Clarke is a bisexual, just like Captain Flint in Black Sails, get over it. And seriously, Bellamy?! You could probably pick any other random guy & Clarke would have better chemistry with that person than Bellamy...you could even pick Clarke's sketchbook sef...
Re: The 100 TV Serie...anyone? by CassieV(f): 3:41am On Feb 15, 2016
cao:

Clarke is a bisexual, just like Captain Flint in Black Sails, get over it. And seriously, Bellamy?! You could probably pick any other random guy & Clarke would have better chemistry with that person than Bellamy...you could even pick Clarke's sketchbook sef...
grin grin

You've started watching season 3 yet?
Re: The 100 TV Serie...anyone? by cao(f): 3:51am On Feb 15, 2016
CassieV:

grin grin

You've started watching season 3 yet?
Nope, I'm thinking of binge-watching it instead, but my Tumblr dashboard has been keeping me posted. You do not f**ks with Heda, especially when it comes to Wanheda, she will go 300 on ya ass. See finishing move - Long Live the King fatality.
Re: The 100 TV Serie...anyone? by CassieV(f): 7:56am On Feb 15, 2016
cao:

Nope, I'm thinking of binge-watching it instead, but my Tumblr dashboard has been keeping me posted. You do not f**ks with Heda, especially when it comes to Wanheda, she will go 300 on ya ass. See finishing move - Long Live the King fatality.
Lol how are you able to see all the spoilers on Tumblr and still resist watching? I no fit grin
Re: The 100 TV Serie...anyone? by cao(f): 11:18am On Feb 15, 2016
CassieV:

Lol how are you able to see all the spoilers on Tumblr and still resist watching? I no fit grin
I no know-o, some of the gifs I've seen for the next episode have me worried. Plus, there are behind the scenes recordings by some fans who live Canada (the country where it's filmed) & they've posted some clips from the season finale. They just wan kill person.
Re: The 100 TV Serie...anyone? by CassieV(f): 2:54pm On Feb 15, 2016
cao:

I no know-o, some of the gifs I've seen for the next episode have me worried. Plus, there are behind the scenes recordings by some fans who live Canada (the country where it's filmed) & they've posted some clips from the season finale. They just wan kill person.
Wow.. What's got you worried about the next episode?
Re: The 100 TV Serie...anyone? by cao(f): 3:18pm On Feb 15, 2016
CassieV:

Wow.. What's got you worried about the next episode?
Basically, Clarke & Lexa are looking at something in sadness/sorrow/shock...probably Pike & his vendetta against all Grounders (including the ones sent to help them), so I'm assuming all does not end well, which will obviously affect Clexa & the coalition.
Re: The 100 TV Serie...anyone? by CassieV(f): 3:24pm On Feb 15, 2016
cao:

Basically, Clarke & Lexa are looking at something in sadness/sorrow/shock...probably Pike & his vendetta against all Grounders (including the ones sent to help them), so I'm assuming all does not end well, which will obviously affect Clexa & the coalition.
Oh yeah, I read somewhere that pike took some men and killed the 300 grounders that came to protect them. It sure is gonna cause alot of problem..
Re: The 100 TV Serie...anyone? by Mintayo(m): 6:48am On Feb 16, 2016
CassieV:

Oh yeah, I read somewhere that pike took some men and killed the 300 grounders that came to protect them. It sure is gonna cause alot of problem..
If this is true, that's a whole lot of problems for the sky people. embarassed
Jaha, or whatever his name is should just come on time with his "city of light" crusade and turn them all into zombies. sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (27) (Reply)

BBNaija: Meet Seyi, Obafemi Awolowo Grandson Is On The Big Brother Naija 2019 / Kiddwaya: My Bank Account, Net-Worth Bigger Than All Housemates / BBNaija: Vandora "My Ex Used To Slide It In While I Sleep And I Don't Feel It"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.