Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,119 members, 7,828,988 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

N200BN Varsity Funding: ASUU Denies Receiving Money From FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N200BN Varsity Funding: ASUU Denies Receiving Money From FG (979 Views)

Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal / Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly / Patience Jonathan Denies Receiving N3bn From NDDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N200BN Varsity Funding: ASUU Denies Receiving Money From FG by mrvitalis(m): 6:37am On Nov 13, 2014
wka—THE Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, said yesterday that no government–owned university had received funding from the N200 billion earmarked for revitalizing the university education in 2014, one year after it reached an agreement with the federal government on the matter.

File Photo: Cross section of stakeholders at a meeting to review the ongoing strike by ASUU held at the Trenchard Hall of the University of Ibadan. Photo by Dare Fasube

Chairman of Nnamdi Azikiwe University branch of ASUU, Dennis Aribidor, who spoke in Awka, as part of activities marking the one anniversary of the killing of former ASUU president, Professor Festus Iyayi, by the convoy of Kogi State governor, Captain Idris Wada, said the conditions that led to the strike were still there in the universities.

Aribodor expressed worry that tension was again mounting among the unions in the institutions, regretting also that no university had received money to pay arrears of earned allowances owed staff from 2009 to 2013, as agreed with government, apart from the 30 per cent released during the ASUU strike.

Noting that it would appear that what Iyayi was fighting for before his life was cut short was in vain, the ASUU chairman observed that the most fundamental problem bedeviling the educational system in Nigeria was that emphasis was placed on self enrichment and individual aggrandizement, instead of emphasizing knowledge acquisition geared towards public good and national development.

He said: “Nigerian educational system is characterized by chronic underfunding, bad leadership, infrastructural decay, poor conditions of learning and service, promotion of mediocrity, shortage of personnel and entrenchment of orthodoxy, parochialism and chauvinism.”

He insisted that ASUU would continue to reject what he called ‘the ongoing systematic privatization of education and selling off of public educational institutions.’”
Re: N200BN Varsity Funding: ASUU Denies Receiving Money From FG by kazmanbanjoko(m): 6:42am On Nov 13, 2014
Na wa oooo. New movie: Fed govt VS ASUU. season 3 (coming soon)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N200BN Varsity Funding: ASUU Denies Receiving Money From FG by Amanwulu1(m): 6:45am On Nov 13, 2014
K
Re: N200BN Varsity Funding: ASUU Denies Receiving Money From FG by hybridtm(m): 6:49am On Nov 13, 2014
Make dem let me graduate first abeg.....i don too stay for school.... dem turn 6years course to 8years
Re: N200BN Varsity Funding: ASUU Denies Receiving Money From FG by egift(m): 6:52am On Nov 13, 2014

3 Likes

Re: N200BN Varsity Funding: ASUU Denies Receiving Money From FG by destante(f): 6:52am On Nov 13, 2014
there is no end in sight to this drama yet. Btw op, what is the source?
Re: N200BN Varsity Funding: ASUU Denies Receiving Money From FG by Arch1: 6:53am On Nov 13, 2014
JonTAN bring back our Professor Festus Iyayi
Re: N200BN Varsity Funding: ASUU Denies Receiving Money From FG by Mariecakes(f): 6:56am On Nov 13, 2014
egift:
Lol...

2 Likes

Re: N200BN Varsity Funding: ASUU Denies Receiving Money From FG by RockMaxi: 7:16am On Nov 13, 2014

Re: N200BN Varsity Funding: ASUU Denies Receiving Money From FG by dridowu: 7:20am On Nov 13, 2014
On behalf of FG: Fund will be release after after election , so no cause for alarm
Re: N200BN Varsity Funding: ASUU Denies Receiving Money From FG by Youngzedd(m): 7:23am On Nov 13, 2014
Odikwa very risky.
Re: N200BN Varsity Funding: ASUU Denies Receiving Money From FG by Youngzedd(m): 7:26am On Nov 13, 2014
dridowu:
On behalf of FG: Fund will be release after after election , so no cause for alarm

Buhaha.

I have been asking students if they have seen something tangible that was built with the money FG gave ASUU and the response I'd get is nothing is happening.
Re: N200BN Varsity Funding: ASUU Denies Receiving Money From FG by Aspireahead(m): 7:27am On Nov 13, 2014
stale news....the photo news tells the whole story.
Re: N200BN Varsity Funding: ASUU Denies Receiving Money From FG by nawtibownie: 7:32am On Nov 13, 2014
I hope another 6 months strike I'm smelling isn't real.
Re: N200BN Varsity Funding: ASUU Denies Receiving Money From FG by koboko69: 7:35am On Nov 13, 2014
is anyone surprised? A government of lies and deceit. they shall all be swept to jail or their villages come 2015
Re: N200BN Varsity Funding: ASUU Denies Receiving Money From FG by mrvitalis(m): 7:36am On Nov 13, 2014
the government is full of lies
Re: N200BN Varsity Funding: ASUU Denies Receiving Money From FG by DRealGeesam(m): 7:36am On Nov 13, 2014
Really?
So ASUU's matter is yet unsettled?
Re: N200BN Varsity Funding: ASUU Denies Receiving Money From FG by Canme4u(m): 7:49am On Nov 13, 2014
egift:

grin grin grin grin I laughTED grin grin grin in Swahili

1 Like

Re: N200BN Varsity Funding: ASUU Denies Receiving Money From FG by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 13, 2014
OP where is d source
Re: N200BN Varsity Funding: ASUU Denies Receiving Money From FG by tayoxx(m): 8:08am On Nov 13, 2014
abeg I take God beg una. ....make una no strike o....
Re: N200BN Varsity Funding: ASUU Denies Receiving Money From FG by lilprinze: 8:11am On Nov 13, 2014
FG is synonymous with lies

(1) (Reply)

Amala And Ewedu Takes Time To Digest......obasanjo Educates Atiku / Reasons And Facts To Avoid Buha Buhari Like Ebola / Exposed:how Pdp Plans To Rig And Manipulate 2015 Presidential Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.