Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,398 members, 7,822,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked (52122 Views)

Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies / *~ Joagbaje Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! / Joagbaje This Will Shock You , A Very Short Message By Zac Pooen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:49am On Nov 17, 2014
Is joagbaje still on Nairaland?
Will he post again?
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by shdemidemi(m): 10:56am On Nov 17, 2014
vooks:
This addressed to ALL sides both Christ Embassy hooligans and their detractors

What if somebody watching that clip believed Jesus for his healing and actually got healed. Between SirJohn sleuthing and Joagbaje's bogus miracles, which serves a better purpose?

If anyone 'believe God for healing' and truly gets healed, that one should take it as a time when heaven meets with chance for that change. He should give thanks. The mistake such person will make is to map out formulas (e.g 10 ways to healing, 20 ways to prosperity) to others on how to make God do what you want, or misdirect the reason for the miracle to a man or present himself as a miracle maker.

I do not believe we should be going to God with a mindset that we want a problem solved. If your god isn't blind or deaf or a slow thinker, he wouldn't create you without a purpose. If he creates you with a purpose he must also provide everything necessary to carry out the purpose for which you were made to the letter.

Do what is naturally needed and humanly required to be done within the confines of God's word and you will get all that is needed (your lot)-not all that you want. Don't look for Jo and his cohorts for those things you don't have, make do with that which you have.

4 Likes

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by vooks: 11:07am On Nov 17, 2014
Excellent submission.
What should we pray to God for if not our problems?
shdemidemi:

If anyone 'believe God for healing' and truly gets healed, that one should take it as a time when heaven meets with chance for that change. He should give thanks. The mistake such person will make is to map out formulas (e.g 10 ways to healing, 20 ways to prosperity) to others on how to make God do what you want, or misdirect the reason for the miracle to a man or present himself as a miracle maker.

I do not believe we should be going to God with a mindset that we want a problem solved.
If your god isn't blind or deaf or a slow thinker, he wouldn't create you without a purpose. If he creates you with a purpose he must also provide everything necessary to carry out the purpose for which you were made to the letter.

Do what is naturally needed and humanly required to be done within the confines of God and you will get all that is needed (your lot). Don't look for Jo and his cohorts for those things you don't have, make do with that which you have.
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Boss13: 11:28am On Nov 17, 2014
shdemidemi:

I do not believe we should be going to God with a mindset that we want a problem solved. If your god isn't blind or deaf or a slow thinker, he wouldn't create you without a purpose. If he creates you with a purpose he must also provide everything necessary to carry out the purpose for which you were made to the letter.

Do what is naturally needed and humanly required to be done within the confines of God's word and you will get all that is needed (your lot)-not all that you want. Don't look for Jo and his cohorts for those things you don't have, make do with that which you have.

I like this

4 Likes

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by shdemidemi(m): 11:38am On Nov 17, 2014
vooks:

Excellent submission.
What should we pray to God for if not our problems?

This is where the issue of self versus God comes in. Christianity is not about self but about God. Jesus hated self so He died, the apostles hated self, they suffered and most were martyred.

GOD IS NOT A MEANS TO AN END, HE IS AN END IN HIMSELF.

God expects us to present ourselves as LIVING SACRIFICE. A sacrifice is something you give to someone with no intention of getting it back. The paradox here is, christians claim to give their life to God yet they hold on to it.

The God you claim you gave your life to says WORRY NOT ABOUT THE FOOD YOU WILL EAT EVEN THE CLOTHES YOU WILL WEAR (SELF) because He knows all you need for the journey He had prepared even before you were born. All those things you think you need are secondary, the primary assignment is to look for God and carry out His work. When you know God, your thinking about those things you would have gone to jo for, will most likely change.

I have a child that never ask me for the necessary things he needs. All he ask are stupid things like sweetie, games et al which I try to provide sometimes. But he would never ask me for the university he is going to go to, the course he will take, how we have a house to live in, where the next meal will come from. I don't blame him for this because he is only a child. Like my child, you are only being a (spiritual babe) child when you go to God asking for frivolities (you might not see them as that).

Look for God through His Word alone and stop being vain. Christianity is not a SELFIE call, rather it is a call to SERVICE.

5 Likes

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by vooks: 11:51am On Nov 17, 2014
Is there need for prayers?
Why did Jesus pray overnight severally seeing His Father already knew what he needed?
shdemidemi:

This is where the issue of self versus God comes in. Christianity is not about self but about God. Jesus hated self so He died, the apostles hated self, they suffered and most were martyred.

GOD IS NOT A MEANS TO AN END, HE IS AN END IN HIMSELF.

God expects us to present ourselves as LIVING SACRIFICE. A sacrifice is something you give to someone with no intention of getting it back. The paradox here is, christians claim to give their life to God yet they hold on to it.

The God you claim to give your life to says WORRY NOT ABOUT THE FOOD YOU WILL EAT EVEN THE CLOTHES YOU WILL WEAR (SELF) because He knows all you need for the journey He had prepared even before you were born. All those things you think you need are secondary, the primary assignment is to look for God and carry out His work. When you know God, your thinking about those things you would have gone to jo for will most likely change.

I have a child that never ask me for the necessary things he needs. All he ask are stupid things like sweetie, games et al which I try to provide sometimes. But he would never ask me for the university he is going to go to, the course he will take, how we have a house to live in, where the next meal will come from. I don't blame him for this because he is only a child. Like my child, you are only being a (spiritual babe) child when you go to God asking for frivolities (you might not see them as that).

Look for God through His Word alone and stop being vain. Christianity is not a SELFIE call, rather it is a call to SERVICE.

1 Like

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 17, 2014
shdemidemi:

The God you claim you gave your life to says WORRY NOT ABOUT THE FOOD YOU WILL EAT EVEN THE CLOTHES YOU WILL WEAR (SELF) because
No, no, no, you are incorrect, Jesus was addressing the Jews not the gentiles. SMH!
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by dorox(m): 12:02pm On Nov 17, 2014
vooks:
Why did Jesus pray overnight severally seeing His Father already knew what he needed?
Have you considered that Jesus considered the task before him a difficult one? And knowing its significance and the cost of failure I think he was asking his father for the strenght to see it through. In other words, he was praying all night for his father's will to be done and not his. Which is in line with the important things that shdemidemi talked about; offering ourselves as a sacrifice to God.

3 Likes

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by shdemidemi(m): 12:08pm On Nov 17, 2014
vooks:

Prayer is mainly a communication between man and God, and not necessarily asking. However, asking is a part of prayer. Prayer is very important. There must be communication between the two parties if they must sustain the relationship. When you go and study your scripture, you are praying because that is where you hear God speak(not literally). You reciprocate by giving thanks to God.

Asking God does not mean you will get, although God guarantees He will answer. I believe we are free to pour our minds to God, and ask whatever we choose to ask, no matter how foolish it may sound. He can say YES to your request, He can say NO like He did with Paul and He can say NOT YET. We must remember, God has His plan that must come to past.

The conventional teachings that tells us God must answer YES, only if we play our part is outlandish to scripture and christianity. This teaching only lead to frustration and gradually it might lead to complete unbelief based on false hopes.

1 Like

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 17, 2014
dorox:

Have you considered that Jesus considered the task before him a difficult one? And knowing its significance and the cost of failure I think he was asking his father for the strenght to see it through. In other words, he was praying all night for his father's will to be done and not his. Which is in line with the important things that shdemidemi talked about; offering ourselves as a sacrifice to God.
No, on the contrary shdemidemi is of the opinion Christians should fold their hands and go to sleep since God's purpose will come to pass irrespective of man's free will.
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by vooks: 12:11pm On Nov 17, 2014
Why should you ask anything yet He knows what you need before you were born? Isn't asking redundant?

I do not believe we should be going to God with a mindset that we want a problem solved.

He knows all you need for the journey He had prepared even before you were born. All those things you think you need are secondary, the primary assignment is to look for God and carry out His work.
shdemidemi:

Prayer is mainly a communication between man and God, and not necessarily asking. However, asking is a part of prayer. Prayer is very important, there must be communication between the two parties if they must sustain the relationship. When you go and study your scripture, you are praying because that is where you hear God speak. You reciprocate by giving thanks to God.

Asking God does not mean you will get, although God guarantees He will answer. I believe we are free to pour our minds to God, and ask whatever we choose to ask, no matter how foolish it may sound. He can say YES to your request, He can say NO like He did with Paul and He can say NOT YET.

The conventional teachings that tells us God must answer YES, only if we play our part is outlandish to scripture and christianity. This teaching only lead to frustration and gradually it might lead to complete unbelief based on false hopes.

1 Like

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by shdemidemi(m): 12:15pm On Nov 17, 2014
Bidam:
No, on the contrary shdemidemi is of the opinion Christians should fold their hands and go to sleep since God's purpose will come to pass irrespective of man's free will.

NO, YOU ARE WRONG SIR. Come to think of it, if you don't fold your hands by letting go and letting God, what other options have you got?
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by shdemidemi(m): 12:17pm On Nov 17, 2014
vooks:
Why should you ask anything yet He knows what you need before you were born? Isn't asking redundant?

Sometimes we get better when we speak out. Instead of looking for that person to pour your out to or cry to, why not take it to God in prayers. I rarely cry, but sometimes we all get emotional but God is definitely not moved by emotions but we can sometimes feel lighter after speaking like Job did.
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by vooks: 12:19pm On Nov 17, 2014
So all God is to you is a shoulder to lean on?
shdemidemi:

Sometimes we get better when we speak out. Instead of looking for that person to pour your out to or cry to, why not take it to God in prayers. I rarely cry, but sometimes we all get emotional but God is definitely not moved by emotions.
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by shdemidemi(m): 12:24pm On Nov 17, 2014
vooks:
So all God is to you is a shoulder to lean on?

Hmm, not all, He is more. But He is definitely a shoulder to lean, an anchor that holds my soul in the midst of persecutions, scandals, tribulation, snare and what have you.
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 17, 2014
shdemidemi:

NO, YOU ARE WRONG SIR. Come to think of it, if you don't fold your hands by letting go and letting God, what other options have you got?
How am i wrong? even a casual observer can read your statements without poring into them. Prayer for the christian is not an option but a command.
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by vooks: 12:25pm On Nov 17, 2014
WHY should you aks Him yet he knows all? You said asking is part of prayers
shdemidemi:

Hmm, not all, He is more. But He is definitely a shoulder to lean, an anchor that holds my soul in the midst of persecutions, scandals, tribulation, snare and what have you.
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by shdemidemi(m): 12:31pm On Nov 17, 2014
Bidam:
How am i wrong? even a casual observer can read your statements without poring into them.

The day you start caring less about atheist, observers, likes on nairaland, the better for you.

Say something about this joagbaje's matter before you talk about God's word. I don't think you are fit to discuss the bible if it does not reflect in what you stand for and represent.
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by shdemidemi(m): 12:35pm On Nov 17, 2014
vooks:
WHY should you aks Him yet he knows all? You said asking is part of prayers

I have told you asking does not change God, it is for me doing the asking. Jesus asked that the cup pass away, because of the pain the body was subjected to. Likewise, I ask when it feels like its so painful to suppress the pain within me, but like Jesus I end my asking with 'NOT MY WILL BUT YOUR WILL'.

His will will always be better.
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 17, 2014
shdemidemi:

The day you start caring less about atheist, observers, likes on nairaland, the better for you.

Say something about this joagbaje's matter before you talk about God's word. I don't think you are fit to discuss the bible if it does not reflect in what you stand for and represent.
I don't gossip about fallible people. that is not my ministry. I ATTACK THE MESSAGE NOT THE MESSENGER.
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by vooks: 12:37pm On Nov 17, 2014
So should I or should I not ask?

What have I to do with His will anyway? Do I enforce it in praying? WHy had it not been done before asking?

shdemidemi:

I have told you asking does not change God, it is for me doing the asking. Jesus asked that the cup pass away, because of the pain the body was subjected to. Likewise, I ask when it feels like its so painful to suppress the pain within me, but like Jesus I end my asking with 'NOT MY WILL BUT YOUR WILL'.

His will will always be better.

1 Like

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by shdemidemi(m): 12:41pm On Nov 17, 2014
Bidam:
I don't gossip about fallible people. that is not my ministry. I ATTACK THE MESSAGE NOT THE MESSENGER.

When your friend was putting down the gaunter, you were probably raring him on, now that he got busted you don't gossip. You see evil and turn a blind eye, no reprove whatsoever, no empathy for the countless victims that might have ran away with the sham painted as miracle. You are a disgrace to the faith, you need a complete refurbishment and rehabilitation of your mind.

1 Like

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by shdemidemi(m): 12:45pm On Nov 17, 2014
vooks:
So should I or should I not ask?

What have I to do with His will anyway? Do I enforce it in praying? WHy had it not been done before asking?

EOD.
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 17, 2014
And i wonder where this annoyance is coming from.
shdemidemi:

When your friend was putting down the gaunter, you were probably raring him on, now that he got busted you don't gossip. You see evil and turn a blind eye, no reprove whatsoever, no empathy for the countless victims that might have ran away with the sham. You are a disgrace to the faith, you need a complete refurbishment of your mind.
May be you can quote where according to you i rare him on for your friends to see. cheesy
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by jayriginal: 12:49pm On Nov 17, 2014
When a man claims to have received text messages from demons, what else will he not claim?
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by shdemidemi(m): 12:50pm On Nov 17, 2014
Bidam:
And i wonder where this annoyance is coming from. May be you can quote where according to you i rare him on for your friends to see. cheesy

Nah, I am not annoyed bro. It is sad that some of us claim to be christians and yet remain with a maladjusted mindset that would be condemned even in a secular setting.
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by vooks: 12:51pm On Nov 17, 2014
let's see what we have learnt from you

2. He knows all you need for the journey He had prepared even before you were born. All those things you think you need are secondary, the primary assignment is to look for God and carry out His work

3. , asking is a part of prayer

4. I believe we are free to pour our minds to God, and ask whatever we choose to ask,

Sometimes we get better when we speak out. Instead of looking for that person to pour your out to or cry to, why not take it to God in prayers.

6. I ask when it feels like its so painful to suppress the pain within me,

So you should NEVER seek solutions to your problems in prayers because God already knows what you need but you should aks something in prayers because aksing is part of prayers and you are free to aks and pour out your heart especially since it feels better speaking out. That's why you should aks when you are painfully suppressing the pain within you. Just remember don't try to get solutions

You are confused. Totally

shdemidemi:

EOD.

1 Like

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by shdemidemi(m): 12:55pm On Nov 17, 2014
vooks:

So you should NEVER seek solutions to your problems in prayers because God already knows what you need but you should aks something in prayers because aksing is part of prayers especially when you have pain and it is painful to suppress the pain and it helps telling God the pain even if you can't change Him

Keep looking for 'solutions' that you think God is ignorant about. You will find people like jo who will twist God's hand to give you what you desire.

People like Jo are God's judgement for your lust and selfishness.

1 Like

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 17, 2014
shdemidemi:

Nah, I am not annoyed bro.
Good for you.
It is sad that some of us claim to be christians and yet remain with a maladjusted mindset that would be condemned even in a secular setting.
I don't really get your point here. You are the guy against prayers and miracles. You believe the miracles of the bible yet you do not believe miracles do happen today. I should be asking you what kind of Christian faith you are professing. It is so sad really.
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by vooks: 12:58pm On Nov 17, 2014
What do you ask for in prayers? What did you aks last when you prayed?
shdemidemi:

Keep looking for 'solutions' that you think God is ignorant about. You will find people like jo who will twist God's hand to give you what you desire.

People like Jo are God's judgement for your lust and selfishness.
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 17, 2014
vooks:
let's see what we have learnt from you

2. He knows all you need for the journey He had prepared even before you were born. All those things you think you need are secondary, the primary assignment is to look for God and carry out His work

3. , asking is a part of prayer

4. I believe we are free to pour our minds to God, and ask whatever we choose to ask,

Sometimes we get better when we speak out. Instead of looking for that person to pour your out to or cry to, why not take it to God in prayers.

6. I ask when it feels like its so painful to suppress the pain within me,

So you should NEVER seek solutions to your problems in prayers because God already knows what you need but you should aks something in prayers because aksing is part of prayers and you are free to aks and pour out your heart especially since it feels better speaking out. That's why you should aks when you are painfully suppressing the pain within you. Just remember don't try to get solutions

Pls could you tell whether all these things in blue are in the bible?
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by shdemidemi(m): 1:01pm On Nov 17, 2014
vooks:

What do you ask for in prayers? What did you aks last when you prayed?

I should tell you what I asked my God! ok.. I asked for His will to be done in all that concerns me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply)

Picture Of Bishop David Oyedepo Saves Lady From 30 Robbers / Olumba Olumba Obu Performs Rites In A River, Claims It Heals All Diseases. Photo / Photos: Chris Oyakhilome And Daughter Perform On Stage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.