Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,227 members, 7,815,291 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) - Literature (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) (860151 Views)

The Last Wolf Series : The Forgotten Mate (December 2015 Story of the Month) / Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor / My Complicated Love Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (79) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) by hazardous(m): 6:24pm On Dec 22, 2014
I'm sorry guys!.... work has been hectic. But not to worry, Xmas break is here now. Updating normally tomorrow.

Emabinu....
Re: Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) by harjibolar10(m): 7:18pm On Dec 22, 2014
hazardous:
I'm sorry guys!.... work has been hectic. But not to worry, Xmas break is here now. Updating normally tomorrow.

Emabinu....

Welcome back dude...
Re: Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) by peddyholly: 7:25pm On Dec 22, 2014
at last hav got hope

1 Like

Re: Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) by dangerrard2uni(m): 9:14pm On Dec 22, 2014
hazardous:

Emabinu....

guy dont kip us dis long again oooo... more mb 2 ur phone

1 Like

Re: Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) by neetahRay(f): 9:45pm On Dec 22, 2014
woh! Mo ti binu oh! I have already binu. Sha do and update. Biko. #okbye.

1 Like

Re: Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) by FunkySilver(f): 8:27am On Dec 23, 2014
hazardous:

Emabinu....
Atigbo o, jex cme nd update oooo, Eseun

1 Like

Re: Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) by hazardous(m): 8:32am On Dec 23, 2014
Good morning guys... Updating starts today!
Re: Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) by hazardous(m): 8:35am On Dec 23, 2014
I slowly walked to the gate with my heart beating very fast. My brain started multitasking. It's been long that my brain is being put under such task; not even when I'm writing my SSCE ...did it.
I got to the gate. I gently peeped at its side and it's was Ruka quite alright. I was dead standing at the gate. She looked at her phone and she dialled a number. It's obvious that she was trying to connect a call to me. I allowed my phone to ring and I pretended that I was just rushing from upstairs.
I opened the gate reluctantly; forcing a smile not to show my fear.

Me: (smiling) hello love... I'm sorry for keeping you waiting....
Ruka: (smiling) it's okay... I'm fine.... it's just that I don't like staying outside your gate for too long.
Me: it's okay... I'm sorry.... how was your night?
Ruka: very fine... and yours?
Me: cool... what about your friend... Fatimo? it's been long you said something about her
Ruka: she is doing fine. She came around yesterday. Are you going to stand me here and ask me all your questions or you allow me enter?.
Me: (smiling) my bad... let's go inside.

We walked in quietly without uttering a word to each other. I'm used to being afraid but this stance is different from the fear I have for my father. We entered the living room and Bidemi's eyes were fixed on us. I looked back at Ruka; she seems surprised to meet someone in the living room. I prayed silently while I forced words out of my mouth.

Me: (smiling) I'm sorry for keeping you waiting Bidemi... Ruka meet Bidemi my childhood friend... Bidemi.. Ruka.. my neighbour
Bidemi: (smiling) nice to meet you.
Ruka: (smiling) same here. Femi never mentioned you to me before.
Bidemi: maybe you guys dint discuss anything that got anything to do with me. So tell me; are you guys going out now?
Me: (coughing).... Bidemi, hanhan.. she just got here.
Ruka: (smiling).... it's alright Femi... He's my neighbour like he rightly said. (staring at me) but I wouldn't mind going out with him; if he asks me out.
Bidemi: (mood swing) really.... so you don't think that someone like Femi would have someone that he's dating?
Ruka: (smiling) even if he has; I will gladly take my chances... I will....
Me: (voice serious)... that's enough girls ....

I rudely ended the conversation before it gets out of control. I went to the fridge, packed 3 canned malt and I served us. We all kept drinking down without saying a word. I kept staring into both of their eyes simultaneously; hoping to read their thoughts.
It's now 10:20am. I left them to the kitchen to dish out my indome. I dished it into three plates. I was about bringing the food to dinning when Bidemi entered the kitchen.

Me: (scared and smiling) I'm about joining you guys now.
Bidemi: (looking serious) who is she to you?
Me: she's a friend. What is it?
Bidemi: a friend, that has been raising her eyebrow since you left. A friend that has been hissing every time I looked at her. Who's she Femi?
Me: (confused) what do you want me to tell you? She's my neighbour and a friend.
Bidemi: just go and warn her. If she dares hiss at me or roll her eyes at me again; I will surprise both of you.
Femi: Bidemi, I don't want any trouble ooo. Just let her be. I beg you. I don't want trouble.

I never believed what Bidemi said, even if Ruka actually did those things... I believed that she instigated her to.

May God help me out.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) by boladex1: 8:45am On Dec 23, 2014
hazardous you Bleep up big time, u did not play this game well at all.
you should have discharge bidemi asap.

1 Like

Re: Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) by harjibolar10(m): 9:12am On Dec 23, 2014
You have to make it up with us oo, by giving us like 10updates today

thanks for the update thou and welcome back
Re: Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) by hazardous(m): 11:26am On Dec 23, 2014
boladex1:
hazardous you Bleep up big time, u did not play this game well at all.
you should have discharge bidemi asap.

I know but you can't always control everything that happens in your life.
Re: Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) by hazardous(m): 11:26am On Dec 23, 2014
Bidemi took her food and left for the dinning. I helped myself with the remaining two plates of food to the dinning table. Got some bottled water from the fridge. I am having headache now (why won't I). I called out Ruka to come join us at the dinning table. She obliged. We ate quietly without anyone complementing the food; but who cares? I have my hands tight right now.
I continued eating my indomie; and my brain kept interpreting it as Agege bread. I ate away; monitoring Ruka and Bidemi. Hoping to catch one of them in the act of eye rolling. I'm now a compulsory polygamous man now. They both kept smiling at me and I took note of each moves that they make.
We continued like that until we all finished our food. Ruka broke the silence by saying "thank you for the meal". Afterwards Bidemi complemented the food. Ruka packed the plates to the kitchen. Bidemi stood up to follow her.

Me: where do you think you are going?
Bidemi: where does it look like? To the kitchen of course... to help her with the dishes.

I said "Okay" while rubbing my palms against each other, begging her not to do anything stupid. She went to kitchen while I stayed in the parlour, silently praying for things not to escalate than it already has. I was about going to the kitchen when my phone rang, it's from Adedoyin. I'm very happy that she called at the time both of them were not with me. Besides I needed to talk to someone to divert my thoughts from these two girls. I repositioned myself to a place that I would see anyone walking out of the kitchen. I picked.

Me: hello dear... I only got to read your message this morning. I have tried calling you but the network is just bad this morning. How are you doing my dear?
Adedoyin: I'm fine... and you?
Me: very much okay... I don't know how to tell you this.... I would have loved to meet you at Rooftop hotel today but I already had plans. My Dad asked me to drive my sister to his uncle place to bring back some items he brought from UK for him. I don't know the place: she does (lied)
Adedoyin: (voice low) it's okay .... and you won't be chanced during the weekend. I wish to see you before I leave. I'm going back on Monday. Or don't you want to say goodbye to me?
Me: Monday.. I thought Sarah said Wednesday...

She managed to convince me seeing her tomorrow, unfailingly. She ended the call and I resumed back to reality of my wives. I walked silently to the kitchen, hoping to hear Ruka and Bidemi's conversation but they were not talking to themselves. I tiptoed back to the living room and waited for them.

They later joined me in living room after 5minutes. I thanked them for doing the dishes for me. We started gisting. Ruka kept taking the shine. She's Wikipedia. She knows all. Even when Bidemi talks about Ijebu oju ode festival. She explained the beginning of Ojude Oba and linked it to the Agemo festival where women are not allowed to see the Agemo masquerade.
I felt for Bidemi because she stood no chance against Ruka in general discussion. I suggested we play scrabble so as give to Bidemi an edge over Ruka, who seems excited when she heard the word "scrabble". Scrabble is Bidemi's best game but I don't know how good Ruka is. I just pray that she doesn't have a good game today.
I brought out the game. Ruka played first and she gave me my second shock of the day with what she spelt.

She spelt "HUSBAND".... and she kept laughing and screaming at the top of her voice, shouting my husband... my husband.... while touching me on my knee. She uses all her tiles (Bingo), which is plus 50. I'm not even concerned about the scores but about Bidemi. I looked into her eyes and immediately looked away. I don't want her to catch me staring at her.
I know that she was very happy when I said we should play scrabble but she wouldn't have expected what she's getting right now.

I counted it and I know that she had already won the game before starting. She scored 86point. I shook my head in disbelieve. I suggested that we start a new game but Bidemi insisted we finished it.

I felt sorry for Bidemi my friend.. my love as we played on.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) by harjibolar10(m): 1:07pm On Dec 23, 2014
Still Following....
Re: Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) by FunkySilver(f): 3:28pm On Dec 23, 2014
Lolzzzzz heyah, Bidemi..... Sowie ooo
Re: Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) by boladex1: 4:00pm On Dec 23, 2014
you are deep in blue sea how r you coping
Re: Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) by florjay(f): 5:48pm On Dec 23, 2014
This is between the Devil and the deep blue sea
Re: Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) by peddyholly: 9:59pm On Dec 23, 2014
Ikoko!! Ikoko!! Ikoko!!, dem don get u today
Re: Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) by Teeders(m): 1:27am On Dec 24, 2014
Abeg No Let Dis Story Enter Xmas...
Re: Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) by andyblisstar(f): 7:44pm On Dec 24, 2014
D go slow don dey worst oooo....
Updatn plx....
Re: Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) by Teeders(m): 11:48pm On Dec 24, 2014
Wetin Dey Xup With Hazardous Na?,No Make Dis Story Tire Person Na... cry
Re: Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) by mohjisolah(f): 12:45am On Dec 25, 2014
Teeders:
Wetin Dey Xup With Hazardous Na?,No Make Dis Story Tire Person Na... cry
e don tire person already nah
Re: Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) by pwettyhardey(f): 7:01am On Dec 25, 2014
Good morning hazardous. More updates pls, this story don tire person o
Re: Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) by virtuous900(f): 3:51pm On Dec 25, 2014
Hazardous come update abeg.....
Re: Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) by virtuous900(f): 3:52pm On Dec 25, 2014
virtuous900:
Hazardous come update abeg.....
Re: Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) by Costlybabe: 4:01pm On Dec 25, 2014
"Hoping to catch one of them in the act of eye rolling "hazardous u no go kill me with laugh .
compliment of the season
Re: Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) by hazardous(m): 11:23pm On Dec 25, 2014
Lol... Costly Babe.. I know what I'm writing (free styling).

Anyway, merry Xmas to everyone. I went out of Lagos to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ with my love ones.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year in advance!

1 Like

Re: Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) by amsad19(m): 11:27pm On Dec 25, 2014
give us our happy xmas
Re: Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) by D9ty7(m): 11:30pm On Dec 25, 2014
hazardous:
Lol... Costly Babe.. I know what I'm writing (free styling).

Anyway, merry Xmas to everyone. I went out of Lagos to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ with my love ones.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year in advance!
Merry christmas to you too bro. But writing from a writer's point of view, I think this story is gradually loosing its touch. People no longer comment, as they used to when you started. When you leave your readers hanging for days, then gradually, the story will loose its initial touch.
From what I have seen, your updates are not that lengthy, compared to what some writers drop here. But at least, one or two updates per day is not too much.
You can't spend thirty minute typing. Even if you write from your head, it makes it easier.
Do what you can, so that you don't loose your fans and readers.
I wish you a prosperous 2015 in advance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) by Teeders(m): 2:09am On Dec 26, 2014
D9ty7:

Merry christmas to you too bro. But writing from a writer's point of view, I think this story is gradually loosing its touch. People no longer comment, as they used to when you started. When you leave your readers hanging for days, then gradually, the story will loose its initial touch.
From what I have seen, your updates are not that lengthy, compared to what some writers drop here. But at least, one or two updates per day is not too much.
You can't spend thirty minute typing. Even if you write from your head, it makes it easier.
So On Point
Re: Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) by vickyozohu(f): 7:20am On Dec 26, 2014
D9ty7:

For me, I feel d story has lost its touch already cos am tired of showing up here every now and den only to meet it d same way for DAYS. Short updated and yet it takes days to get here, only God knows if the updates r trekking from UK. Oga hazadrous, u no try o
Re: Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) by sexymoma(f): 4:27pm On Dec 26, 2014
This Story still dey... i got tired so i had to stop too.
Re: Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) by Bakozy(m): 11:15pm On Dec 26, 2014
this Story is gradually becoming STORY FOR THE gods sadthis Story is gradually becoming STORY FOR THE gods

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (79) (Reply)

Love Hiccups / Black Maria / United In Betrayal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.