Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,245 members, 7,811,688 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

He Wants To Marry Me Against His Parent's Will - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Wants To Marry Me Against His Parent's Will (2018 Views)

'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' / We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me / He Wants Me To Grace His Bed For My Fee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Wants To Marry Me Against His Parent's Will by KMTee(f): 2:01pm On Nov 13, 2014
My Boyfriend and I dated for some years in which i got pregnant and had a lovely daughter, a replica of my bf. my daughter is 4years now.
5 years ago, when i discovered i was with a child, my boyfriend took me to his parent who rejected me on the ground that i am yoruba while my bf is igbo. we love each other so much, my bf's family had lived all their lives in lagos, they speak yoruba fluently. my parent accepted him from day one.

i initially wanted to terminate the pregnancy but my bf kicked against it and warned me not to or else i would see hell (thank heavens i didn't abort the preggy, my precious jewel). after so much pressure and heat from his parent, i broke up with him but he always gets in touch and sends money for his daughter's upkeep, almost 2yrs now.

in October, we met at an event, one thing led to the other, we ended up kissing so passionately.since then, he has been bothering and begging me for us to get back together. he suggested we move out of the country, get married and settle down away from his family threats and pressure. he even came to my parents and pleaded with them. we both have not had a serious relationship since the breakup.

now i'm at a crossed road, i love him so much and i will love to spend the rest of my life with him, he is so caring, loving, down to earth and very handsome but i don't want to get in between him and his family and i don't want family issues that will not be resolved and go on and on like that.

i'm 32 and he is 36
your advise is needed
should i take chances with him or not?
Re: He Wants To Marry Me Against His Parent's Will by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 13, 2014
Who cares if dey want to hit dr heads on the wall cuz u luv him... My dear if u still love him follow ur hrt

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Marry Me Against His Parent's Will by semasir: 2:07pm On Nov 13, 2014
Woww....I will advise you still plead on the conscience of his parents perhaps they may agree this time and see reasons considering the circumstances now. I hate division based on sentiments in whatever form once love is there.....I pray they hear you out now than ever and you will have peace of mind too and your immediate family built together again.

KMTee:
My Boyfriend and I dated for some years in which i got pregnant and had a lovely daughter, a replica of my bf. my daughter is 4years now.
5 years ago, when i discovered i was with a child, my boyfriend took me to his parent who rejected me on the ground that i am yoruba while my bf is igbo. we love each other so much, my bf's family had lived all their lives in lagos, they speak yoruba fluently. my parent accepted him from day one.

i initially wanted to terminate the pregnancy but my bf kicked against it and warned me not to or else i would see hell (thank heavens i didn't abort the preggy, my precious jewel). after so much pressure and heat from his parent, i broke up with him but he always gets in touch and sends money for his daughter's upkeep, almost 2yrs now.

in October, we met at an event, one thing let to the other, we ended up kissing so passionately.since then, he has been bothering and begging me for us to get back together. he suggested we move out of the country, get married and settle down away from his family threats and pressure. he even came to my parents and pleaded with them. we both have not had a serious relationship since the breakup.

now i'm at a crossed road, i love him so much and i will love to spend the rest of my life with him, he is so caring, loving, down to earth and very handsome but i don't want to get in between him and his family and i don't want family issues that will not be resolved and go on and on like that.

i'm 32 and he is 36
your advise is needed

Re: He Wants To Marry Me Against His Parent's Will by LEERICIST(m): 2:13pm On Nov 13, 2014
g
Re: He Wants To Marry Me Against His Parent's Will by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 13, 2014
Babe his family doesn't count now, be happy. You have sacrificed a lot and you needto be with your baby's daddy.
Follow your heart

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Marry Me Against His Parent's Will by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 13, 2014
go on with himif u still love him.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Marry Me Against His Parent's Will by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 13, 2014
Your daughter needs her papa, and you both deserve to be happy. So against all odds, get married. Start living your life. You love him, he loves you. Nothing to lose.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Marry Me Against His Parent's Will by Smoj(m): 2:39pm On Nov 13, 2014
Re: He Wants To Marry Me Against His Parent's Will by izaray(f): 2:55pm On Nov 13, 2014
Seconded ops, follow ur heart, nothing is as good as,

spending the rest of your life with some1 you truly love!

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Marry Me Against His Parent's Will by KMTee(f): 3:06pm On Nov 13, 2014
semasir:
Woww....I will advise you still plead on the conscience of his parents perhaps they may agree this time and see reasons considering the circumstances now. I hate division based on sentiments in whatever form once love is there.....I pray they hear you out now than ever and you will have peace of mind too and your immediate family built together again.

maybe the 3 of us will pay his family a visit one of these weekends
just scared
tnx
Re: He Wants To Marry Me Against His Parent's Will by KMTee(f): 3:09pm On Nov 13, 2014
3cycle:
Babe his family doesn't count now, be happy. You have sacrificed a lot ant you needto be with your baby's daddy.
Follow your heart

tnx so much
anytime i scold my daughter and she starts crying
all she'll be crying is ma daddy ma daddyyyy
cry
Re: He Wants To Marry Me Against His Parent's Will by KMTee(f): 3:10pm On Nov 13, 2014
izaray:
Seconded ops, follow ur heart, nothing is as good as,

spending the rest of your life with some1 you truly love!

yea...i so much agree with u
tnx

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Marry Me Against His Parent's Will by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 13, 2014
KMTee:

tnx so much
anytime i scold my daughter and she starts crying
all she'll be crying is ma daddy ma daddyyyy
cry

Take a bold step atleast for your daughter's sake. I am still surprised tha @36 his parents still make decisions for your bF
Nawao for igbo men

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Marry Me Against His Parent's Will by viexcey(f): 3:37pm On Nov 13, 2014
#op, please follow your heart and do what will make you happy. Moreover,you alone gonna live with him and not his parents.

3cycle:

Take a bold step atleast for your daughter's sake. I am still surprised tha @36 his parents still make decisions for your bF
Nawao for igbo men

Why bringing up "igbo men" to this issue? Do you know where he's coming from? Do you know his upbringing and the kind of relationship he has with his parents? Please discuss the man and not his tribe.
Re: He Wants To Marry Me Against His Parent's Will by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 13, 2014
Try to talk to his family,plead to them that you are doing this for your daughter.
Cos what goes around,comes back around,if ur man start misbehaving,there wil be no one to report him to.
Re: He Wants To Marry Me Against His Parent's Will by jbaby265(f): 4:05pm On Nov 13, 2014
my question is dis@poster

have u seek God's face

have u prayed for God's conformation
God maybe talking to you..but u are too carried away by emotions

i still advice u pray..if u can't then ivolve ur pastor n seek counselling
Re: He Wants To Marry Me Against His Parent's Will by mesoade(m): 4:48pm On Nov 13, 2014
If you hadn't a daughter,the situation would have been different.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Marry Me Against His Parent's Will by semasir: 4:54pm On Nov 13, 2014
Did I hear u say you're scared? Well......32/36 is no small age again so pls dear, apply the senses to face them for your child sake and make it happen for good this time and if they insist....pls don't run away with him but persist because running away may have a negative effect later on and you may curse the day you met or reunite.

So many things to consider without his parents' blessings.

KMTee:

maybe the 3 of us will pay his family a visit one of these weekends
just scared
tnx
Re: He Wants To Marry Me Against His Parent's Will by KMTee(f): 4:59pm On Nov 13, 2014
mesoade:
If you hadn't a daughter,the situation would have been different.

bro. you are there!
i would av moved on
marrying another man and taking my daughter with me, it's not as easy as we see it.
it's either i marry my baby papa or stay single

so confused
Re: He Wants To Marry Me Against His Parent's Will by KMTee(f): 5:02pm On Nov 13, 2014
jbaby265:
my question is dis@poster

have u seek God's face

have u prayed for God's conformation
God maybe talking to you..but u are too carried away by emotions

i still advice u pray..if u can't then ivolve ur pastor n seek counselling

yea, and i got this personal conviction that he is my man
we ve gone for counselling so many times
Re: He Wants To Marry Me Against His Parent's Will by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 13, 2014
I've watched this movie before! Starring Grace Amah and Nonso Diobu.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Marry Me Against His Parent's Will by semasir: 5:07pm On Nov 13, 2014
grin wicked you...
Khalessi:
Re: He Wants To Marry Me Against His Parent's Will by sanchezzz: 5:38pm On Nov 13, 2014
Khalessi:
sure the film ended well... bro give the OP some hope. I miss that grace amah girl sha.
Re: He Wants To Marry Me Against His Parent's Will by joromi: 6:10pm On Nov 13, 2014
Khalessi:
I was about to say this would make a beautiful romantic novel... grin
Re: He Wants To Marry Me Against His Parent's Will by 100Cents: 10:11pm On Nov 13, 2014
KMTee:

in October, we met at an event, one thing led to the other, we ended up kissing so passionately.since then, he has been bothering and begging me for us to get back together. he suggested we move out of the country, get married and settle down away from his family threats and pressure. he even came to my parents and pleaded with them. we both have not had a serious relationship since the breakup.

i'm 32 and he is 36
your advise is needed

Una don dey old o.

Marry him sharply.

Smh..
Re: He Wants To Marry Me Against His Parent's Will by KMTee(f): 8:48am On Nov 14, 2014
thanks All smiley
Re: He Wants To Marry Me Against His Parent's Will by Nobody: 7:37am On Feb 06, 2015
3cycle:

Nawao for igbo men

Am just as surprised myself. Its not an igbo tin sha, cos I've seen a couple of yoruba men do same. And I often wonda if day are actually men or boys.

How can parents tell a full fledged adult male not to marry his choice becos of her tribe, and d man cant even do nada?

Na wa oh!

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Marry Me Against His Parent's Will by dstnd: 8:11am On Feb 06, 2015
God first others will follow

(1) (Reply)

Relationship Issues / Why Do Young Girls Prefer Old Men To Young Guys? / 12 REASONS SOME MEN ARE SINGLE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.