Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,539 members, 7,861,561 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:34 PM

RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You - Health (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You (371336 Views)

Over 90% Of Females Will Miss This Question / A Thanksgiving Thread For DJDOLA / DJDOLA; Prayers, Words Of Gratitude, Derailers Haven, Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (168) (Go Down)

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 17, 2015
I am so sad. From day 1 Babymama/ Babyosisi was screaming here we shut her down, called her i too know, insulted her with others cheering. 2 months and almost a million gone down the drain we come back to what she was saying. I lost family to cancer but then cancer was not so common even then it took 3 days to diagnose in all the cases.luckily we learned from that, I and another family member caught ours early. I also treated my own luckily it was caught early, so I fully understood why Babyosisi was shouting and screaming but the mob would have none of it and off cause those saying the facts were " faithless".

I feel depressed, I remember babyosisi saying if he was her brother she would have found money borrowed even to send him abroad but no it was an ego contest still is as they are already here breathing fire on those who say the truth, no problem, it is well.
Dj, God is still in the business of doing miracles, your life is in Gods hands and I will pray for you every time. It will be well with you.

Babymama God protect you, you have done well.

Meanwhile, please let us take our health seriously, go for check ups and also develop healthy lifestyles.

8 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Idowuogbo(f): 8:59am On Jan 17, 2015
Hmmmm.....
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by colossus2: 9:00am On Jan 17, 2015
aisha2:
I am so sad. From day 1 Babymama/ Babyosisi was screaming here we shut her down, called her i too know, insulted her with others cheering. 2 months and almost a million gone down the drain we come back to what she was saying. I lost family to cancer but then cancer was not so common even then it took 3 days to diagnose in all the cases.luckily we learned from that, I and another family member caught ours early. I also treated my own luckily it was caught early, so I fully understood why Babyosisi was shouting and screaming but the mob would have none of it and off cause those saying the facts were " faithless".

I feel depressed, I remember babyosisi saying if he was her brother she would have found money borrowed even to send him abroad but no it was an ego contest still is as they are already here breathing fire on those who say the truth, no problem, it is well.
Dj, God is still in the business of doing miracles, your life is in Gods hands and I will pray for you every time. It will be well with you.

Meanwhile, please let us take our health seriously, go for check ups and also develop healthy lifestyles.
You've spoken well ma.
So many people here are scared to hear the truth and face fact.
When we see what's obvious, we prefer to call on God to come and help take action without us taking the 2nd step after praying to him.

4 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Idowuogbo(f): 9:05am On Jan 17, 2015
lovinam:
Hmmmmm. Seems he has been sick for a very long time. Going by this stage 4 cancer diagnosis. I know what it takes to get to this point. Itss not about flying him to india at this point( can he sit on a plane to fly that distance? ). Let d docs work out a suitable arrangement to manage his case and we all join hands in praying he makes it. God is in total control
Exactly!!!! Lord knows what stage he was when he got to LUTH.It is well....hmmmm
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Originalsly: 9:06am On Jan 17, 2015
Mynd44:

@bolded,

Now do you see why we were not too keen on bringing an update? We wanted to get everyone's opinion first to see a better picture but you and others went into an insulting fit.

And No. We do not sleep at night. Most times we are up sending e-mails and going back and forth over what we might have or might have not missed.

No I don't. ....and who is everyone? What was wrong in telling us they are still doing tests...studying the results or whatever? That's all we were asking for. Did you plan on giving us an update after the feedback from NY? To date the picture is still fuzzy and initial problem undiagnosed and we are still chasing shadows while DJ is suffering. After wasting time... first place said liver/kidney.....the second place focused on that and after some time said it wasn't....referred him to this the third place to focus on cancer...which after some time...is shouting stage four cancer of what they can't say...but now we are again waiting for word from a fourth place. How long should this take?

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by rayo2002: 9:31am On Jan 17, 2015
So sorry about the update on his case. But people it is so easy to sit behind your computer's and criticize. If I remember correctly, when this whole thing started TeHN didn't want to get involved but people asked them to help organise things. Even if he was to fly out could he have gone as he was in October? Wouldn't he have needed to be stabilized first and won't that stabilization be done in a hospital. Also, u are all forgetting that getting labs done in Nigeria isn't that easy.

Asides that all the people shouting for India, was enough money raised to make taking him to India feasible. We raised about 2m, the cost of flights, ticket, hospital bill and recovery would have come to at least 7m who would have paid for the balance. From the little I know about fundraising, the bulk of the money you will make comes during the earliest awareness campaign.

And as for the person saying he has two weeks to live and calling TeHN members wolves in sheep clothing, may God help u. As a concerned neighbour that u are is it in ur place to state how long u expect Hamed to live? How much did u contribute from ur pocket to his treatment? Did u ever go and see him in the hospital or talk to the TeHN member always with him there? Yet u come now to raise alarm.

TeHN u have tried. May God bless you all. My advice please don't take up any more medical cases.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Busybody2(f): 9:59am On Jan 17, 2015
Life as we know it......fleeting, transient, ephemeral...it is well
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by zemaye: 10:59am On Jan 17, 2015
sad sad sad sad
enough with the insults and name calling
it has gotten to this already
we all should learn and assist in the best way we can.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 17, 2015
rayo2002:
So sorry about the update on his case. But people it is so easy to sit behind your computer's and criticize. If I remember correctly, when this whole thing started TeHN didn't want to get involved but people asked them to help organise things. Even if he was to fly out could he have gone as he was in October? Wouldn't he have needed to be stabilized first and won't that stabilization be done in a hospital. Also, u are all forgetting that getting labs done in Nigeria isn't that easy.

Asides that all the people shouting for India, was enough money raised to make taking him to India feasible. We raised about 2m, the cost of flights, ticket, hospital bill and recovery would have come to at least 7m who would have paid for the balance. From the little I know about fundraising, the bulk of the money you will make comes during the earliest awareness campaign.

And as for the person saying he has two weeks to live and calling TeHN members wolves in sheep clothing, may God help u. As a concerned neighbour that u are is it in ur place to state how long u expect Hamed to live? How much did u contribute from ur pocket to his treatment? Did u ever go and see him in the hospital or talk to the TeHN member always with him there? Yet u come now to raise alarm.

TeHN u have tried. May God bless you all. My advice please don't take up any more medical cases.

l agree with all your wrote, TeHN did there best,they are humans, these is not the time for the blame game but l am really disappointed with the medical facilities we have in Nigeria, and the useless politicians are busy campaigning for vote for another selection angry, l wish Dj well........ embarassed

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 17, 2015
MadCow1:

GOING to India would not have meant he would have found a cure there.
Getting him a passport was indeed discussed, but the logistics of it also proved a little difficult at the time.
I honestly believe that TeHN got involved in this case a little too late. I don't believe that it took this short period for his situation to climb from stage 1 to 4. This is a case of poor diagonosis that has led to this point. Maybe if at the initial stages he got good medical attention that detected his true ailment, it would have been easy to combat then.

I say we explore all options available to us and see how best we can help.
There is no point stewing over what could have been as that would lead us nowhere.
This is where we find ourselves today, this is the situation we are faced with, now let's figure out the best way to proceed.

Thanks to everyone who has been a part of this cause in any form. This may not be the result we hoped for when we started, but I still see this as progress, because we seem to be finally discovering the cause of his ailment. And it's only when we know the cause of the ailment, that we can actually treat the ailment.

I pray we get some good news from the second doctor..

It is ok to now rationalize

How do you know going to India wouldn't help when he didn't go?
Was there even a frantic effort to go?
There were opportunities to get him that passport but it was not the immediate pre occupation of Tehns so it fell by the way side truth be told
If we found time to ferry him for several tests we would have found time to take him to a passport office if it was a priority but it wasn't
Here on this site were arguments back and forth at the dying minutes about chemotherapy in India being a bad option when the patient didn't even have a passport let alone a visa to India
I hope we all learn from this.

5 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by ayinba1(f): 11:30am On Jan 17, 2015
Mynd44:

This is what happens when people get misinformed. The original document that came out of Eruwa and LUTH pointed to his Liver/kidneys which the other doctors and health care providers used as a guide. Turns out it was a huge miss as both organs are not even concerned

Wow! Are we sure this new diagnosis is correct, then?

4 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 17, 2015
Mynd44:

Wrong. Two scans were done.

Because of the report of a kidney and Liver issue those organs were the primary targeted areas. I doubt anyone mentioned a gall bladder to you as i it were the gall, we might be looking at symptoms like stool texture and discoloration of eyes.

The last thing I want to read here is anyone calling me a liar or accusing me of making things up,we are way beyond that now.
As far back as before Christmas, DJ had an abdominal scan done , we read that here and the email I received from an individual here about that result told me the radiologist report said cholangiocarcinoma with possible secondary metastasis
Am I making this up?
I was told to keep that confidential and I did
That email was sent me December 20 and I discussed it with another insider here in a frantic effort for us to stop any further tests and gear efforts towards moving him out.

That was one full month ago so Tehns telling me they got a scan report jan 9 saying cancer is not completely true
There was an earlier one that had already said cancer.

Remember also that before this scan,a cytology testing of his exudate had indicated cancer cells weeks before that scan so we had a full month and half that we knew this was possibly cancer just by test results.
I was saddened to hear people still saying there was no diagnosis when you all knew fully well there was a working diagnosis nobody wanted to believe.

This is a time to sit back in retrospect and ask ourselves if we could have done things a little differently and if we are sincere with ourselves,we will say yes.

8 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by ayinba1(f): 11:35am On Jan 17, 2015
shinejackie:

l agree with all your wrote, TeHN did there best,they are humans, these is not the time for the blame game but l am really disappointed with the medical facilities we have in Nigeria, and the useless politicians are busy campaigning for vote for another selection angry, l wish Dj well........ embarassed

Lessons from this;
- Be very wary of Nigerian diagnostics, (most)
- Do not delay in letting a patient know his or her diagnosis
- TeHn; no blames here, but take note of #2 when you handle any other cases; and #1 too

God bless us all

6 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 17, 2015
ayinba1:

Lessons from this;
- Be very wary of Nigerian diagnostics, (most)
- Do not delay in letting a patient know his or her diagnosis
- TeHn; no blames here, but take note of #2 when you handle any other cases; and #1 too

God bless us all

Amen.. smiley
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by colossus2: 11:39am On Jan 17, 2015
There would have been no update on this thread if emmysexxy didn't come here to talk undecided

7 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by rayo2002: 11:40am On Jan 17, 2015
Babymama1:

The last thing I want to read here is anyone calling me a liar or accusing me of making things up,we are way beyond that now.
As far back as before Christmas, DJ had an abdominal scan done , we read that here and the email I received from an individual here about that result told me the radiologist report said cholangiocarcinoma with possible secondary metastatis.
Am I making this up?
I was told to keep that confidential and I did
That email was sent me December 20 and I discussed it with another insider here in a frantic effort for us to stop any further rests and gear efforts towards moving him out.
That was one full month ago so Tehns telling me they got a scan report jan 9 saying cancer is not completely true
There was an earlier one that had already said cancer.a

Remember also that before this scan,a cytology testing of his exudate had indicated cancer cells weeks before that scan so we had a full month and half that we knew this was possibly cancer just by test results.
I was saddened to hear people still saying there was no diagnosis when you all knew fully well there was a working diagnosis nobody wanted to believe.

This is a time to sit back in retrospect and ask ourselves if we could have done things a little differently and if we are sincere with ourselves,we will say yes.

Just thinking aloud o, so as at Dec 20 there was a diagnosis of suspected cancer. This is January 17th, considering the Christmas holidays and public holiday in between how many days between then and now was there to fly him out? This is remembering that Hamed was bedridden before Tehn took over and was in no condition to travel. Also, since when you got the result did you get in touch with an Indian hospital to find out if they would take him and how much his treatment would be or shouldn't these be finalized before flying him anywhere. Would the Indian hospital have taken him on as a patient without all the tests that were carried out between October and December? Let's assume TeHN were being slow about that, i'm pretty sure if you gave them firm information they would have had no choice but to listen to your opinion. All these carry him to india talk without any action didn't help either imho. Or was it TeHN's responsibility to go and get the Indian hospital and treatment quote too?

8 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 17, 2015
aisha2:

I had hoped to be very wrong and I said it clearly,this is one argument I so wanted to lose
I had wished to be the hyperactive fear mongering,faithless nut I was labeled and no matter how much I wanted to just keep way from this case I couldn't. even when I didn't write publicly I tried to reach out privately.
I shared with them privately that this case was somewhat personal to me in many ways
I have a family member that was given a death sentence in 2011 but is alive today.God gave us 4 years and counting and he used the doctors in India to do it.
My own classmate and friend was diagnosed with a stage 4 cancer in Nigeria and written off ,she is alive today,thanks to God and the doctors in India.this is over two years and she is still cancer free.

There is nothing impossible with God still.
Stage 4 is bad but there are still people who beat it

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 17, 2015
rayo2002:

Just thinking aloud o, so as at Dec 20 there was a diagnosis of suspected cancer. This is January 17th, considering the Christmas holidays and public holiday in between how many days between then and now was there to fly him out? This is remembering that Hamed was bedridden before Tehn took over and was in no condition to travel. Also, since when you got the result did you get in touch with an Indian hospital to find out if they would take him and how much his treatment would be or shouldn't these be finalized before flying him anywhere. Would the Indian hospital have taken him on as a patient without all the tests that were carried out between October and December? Let's assume TeHN were being slow about that, i'm pretty sure if you gave them firm information they would have had no choice but to listen to your opinion. All these carry him to india talk without any action didn't help either imho. Or was it TeHN's responsibility to go and get the Indian hospital and treatment quote too?

That should be a question/ questions for Tehns not me

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by rayo2002: 11:48am On Jan 17, 2015
Babymama1:

That should be a question/ questions for Tehns not me

Nope, i disagree. You say TeHN have no interest in the India option so since you are one of those pushing for it these questions are for you. Anyways, since you say something can still be done, i would suggest you get the required information i.e. will the hospital take him on and how much it will cost and let the forum take it from there.

6 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by colossus2: 11:48am On Jan 17, 2015
rayo2002:

You obviously didn't follow this from inception

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 17, 2015
rayo2002:

Nope, i disagree. You say TeHN have no interest in the India option so since you are one of those pushing for it these questions are for you. Anyways, since you say something can still be done, i would suggest you get the required information i.e. will the hospital take him on and how much it will cost and let the forum take it from there.

Please go back and read all of babyosisi and babymama's posts,it's not possible for me to summarize all my points and opinion to you in one post.
We have passed that stage now.
I don't have the decision making capability in this and all I could do was appeal to those who did and I did just that.

4 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by emmysexxy(f): 11:58am On Jan 17, 2015
@babyosisi please have u gotten my mail?
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 17, 2015
Babymama1:

I had hoped to be very wrong and I said it clearly,this is one argument I so wanted to lose
I had wished to be the hyperactive fear mongering,faithless nut I was labeled and no matter how much I wanted to just keep way from this case I couldn't. even when I didn't write publicly I tried to reach out privately.
I shared with them privately that this case was somewhat personal to me in many ways
I have a family member that was given a death sentence in 2011 but is alive today.God gave us 4 years and counting and he used the doctors in India to do it.
My own classmate and friend was diagnosed with a stage 4 cancer in Nigeria and written off ,she is alive today,thanks to God and the doctors in India.this is over two years and she is still cancer free.

There is nothing impossible with God still.
Stage 4 is bad but there are still people who beat it

I know my sister, my friend debriefs fathers cancer was discovered at stage 4, he is alive and fine strong as a horse, my fathers own at stage 3 thankfully we acted fast and after 10 weeks he was fit as a horse, went back after a year still.cancer free and strong.
Sadly in this case we are still juggling and blame shifting, I begged before Christmas that we stary fund raising and act fast prayer warriors jumped on me with incantations and rebuking all sorts

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by rayo2002: 12:02pm On Jan 17, 2015
Babymama1:

Please go back and read all of babyosisi and babymama's posts,it's not possible for me to summarize all my points and opinion to you in one post.
We have passed that stage now.
I don't have the decision making capability in this and all I could do was appeal to those who did and I did just that.

So is your conclusion that we should do nothing? You yourself said some people beat stage 4 cancer so why not see this case through. I'm sure if you decide to take over from here you will be supported by everyone afterall Hamed's recovery is the objective.

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by colossus2: 12:07pm On Jan 17, 2015
rayo2002:

So is your conclusion that we should do nothing? You yourself said some people beat stage 4 cancer so why not see this case through. I'm sure if you decide to take over from here you will be supported by everyone afterall Hamed's recovery is the objective.
Let me not assume you are a member of TeHN using an alternate moniker undecided

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 17, 2015
rayo2002:

How can she take over?
1. She lives and works in America
2. She was working and trying to interpret test results and gave her findings she was called a quack Internet doctor
3. Everytime she revealed information they wanted to keep from us she will be accused of bot being a team player
4. Almost 2 weeks no update even when requested till neighbour came and now you want to dump it on her, it doesn't work that way

Since all suggestions has been rejected with insults and curses let those who know continue. She will help with prayers from where she is.

9 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 17, 2015
emmysexxy:
@babyosisi please have u gotten my mail?

I did but only a partial post
My hotmail acts up on the tablet

I also got all the other emails from others and unable to respond
Let us all hope for the best

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by rayo2002: 12:16pm On Jan 17, 2015
aisha2:

How can she take over?
1. She lives and works in America
2. She was working and trying to interpret test results and gave her findings she was called a quack Internet doctor
3. Everytime she revealed information they wanted to keep from us she will be accused of bot being a team player
4. Almost 2 weeks no update even when requested till neighbour came and now you want to dump it on her, it doesn't work that way

Since all suggestions has been rejected with insults and curses let those who know continue. She will help with prayers from where she is.

I am not a TeHN member, just an observer of this forum. Since she is not in the country, what about you, colossus2 and the concerned neighbour. I am sure there are others who are also in support of taking him abroad, why can't you all step in? If someone is given a task and isn't performing, the logical thing is to reassign to someone else as long as the project can still be salvaged. My own concern is that if there is something that can be done, let the option be explored. Chikena.

11 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 17, 2015
rayo2002:

I believe I have been very civil towards you up till this moment
Don't push it

5 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 17, 2015
rayo2002:

I am not a TeHN member, just an observer of this forum. Since she is not in the country, what about you, colossus2 and the concerned neighbour. I am sure there are others who are also in support of taking him abroad, why can't you all step in? If someone is given a task and isn't performing, the logical thing is to reassign to someone else as long as the project can still be salvaged. My own concern is that if there is something that can be done, let the option be explored. Chikena.

I should leave my own sickness and the hospital and fly down after all suggestions when something could be done were ignored and insulted abi.

Anyway na me wey dey reply you I blame.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (168)

What Combinations Can One Drink To Terminate Early Detected Pregnancy ? / Alafia Logun Oro Itoju Topeye Ogun Ibile Todaju / Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.