Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,466 members, 7,861,346 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:18 AM

RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You - Health (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You (371318 Views)

Over 90% Of Females Will Miss This Question / A Thanksgiving Thread For DJDOLA / DJDOLA; Prayers, Words Of Gratitude, Derailers Haven, Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (168) (Go Down)

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Idowuogbo(f): 3:28am On Jan 17, 2015
^oi you! No one is intimidating anyone here. If she has anything to say,she should talk abeg! Which one is don't quote me and ask? undecided
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by cococandy(f): 3:31am On Jan 17, 2015
Wow cry cry cry

And It took them this long to diagnose this?
Stage 4 was probably in stage 2 when they were dilly-dallying.

Gosh.
r231:
Sorry for the late update. We have to make sure that we have all the facts and right information before putting anything out.

Update :

16 Jan 2015

‎As a reminder from the last update which was communicated before the end of the year, Hameed was  referred to a cancer clinic in
VI on suspicion of cancer while still on anti-tuberculosis medications. 

The tests were not able to be carried out last year and for the first few days this year due to the holidays.
They were however done last week

Samples of his blood was taken Tuesday 6/1/2015

CT scan done Friday 9/1/2015
The results of the tests got to us Monday 12/1/2015

Based on these results the diagnosis of the oncologist is that  ‎Hameed has been sick for a long while and has ‎stage 4 cancer.
This is quite unfortunate as it seemed there was some hope that he would pull through to full health.

The doctors working with us were sent the full test results (about 40 pages) and also acknowledged the complexity of the case considering blood tests seemed to show he was ok.

The hospital has sent the results in to their consultants at Rosewell
Park Cancer institute, Buffalo NY for a second opinion

The oncologist has suggested a targeted form of chemotherapy as a means of ensuring quality of life as cure, at this stage, is impossible but quality of life can be managed. 

For now, he has been placed on immune boosters and we are also in consultations as to the ‎benefit of the chemo suggested.

Hameed and his family has been informed of this development
and we are also working with them to make sure he is comfortable.

Thanks for your support and prayers on this case 

TeHN
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Idowuogbo(f): 3:32am On Jan 17, 2015
Kai! sad sad sad
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 3:35am On Jan 17, 2015
r231:
Sorry for the late update. We have to make sure that we have all the facts and right information before putting anything out.

Update :

16 Jan 2015

‎As a reminder from the last update which was communicated before the end of the year, Hameed was  referred to a cancer clinic in VI on suspicion of cancer while still on anti-tuberculosis medications. 

The tests were not able to be carried out last year and for the first few days this year due to the holidays. They were however done last week

Based on these results the diagnosis of the oncologist is that  ‎Hameed has been sick for a long while and has ‎stage 4 cancer.
This is quite unfortunate as it seemed there was some hope that he would pull through to full health.

The doctors working with us were sent the full test results (about 40 pages) and also acknowledged the complexity of the case considering blood tests seemed to show he was ok.

The hospital has sent the results in to their consultants at Rosewell Park Cancer institute, Buffalo NY for a second opinion

The oncologist has suggested a targeted form of chemotherapy as a means of ensuring quality of life as cure, at this stage, is impossible but quality of life can be managed. 

For now, he has been placed on immune boosters and we are also in consultations as to the ‎benefit of the chemo suggested.

Hameed and his family has been informed of this development and we are also working with them to make sure he is comfortable.

TeHN

What cancer please
What organ is it in?
I have an email before Christmas saying the CT scan pointed to a cancer in the gall bladder or so
So this must be a repeat scan you talk about on jan 9

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by emmysexxy(f): 3:38am On Jan 17, 2015
All I can say is let's hope for the best.but seriously am not discouraging us o but if nothing is done soonest b4 dat two weeks I stated earlier truth be said from what have seen his chances are very few.u can now start the insults but I think this is the time we all need to drop quarrels and think for a way forward.idowu please we can continue d fight later? but for now do what you know how to do best call the people you can call.you guys have not seen this patient but I have and am scared for the worst.

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by emmysexxy(f): 3:40am On Jan 17, 2015
@babyosisi I just sent you a mail pls confirm.all hands need to be on deck.thanks mam
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 3:42am On Jan 17, 2015
emmysexxy:
@babyosisi I just sent you a mail pls confirm.all hands need to be on deck.thanks mam
i didn't see it o,I even check my junk mail sef
Let me see if it might still come in

babyosisi@hotmail.com
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Idowuogbo(f): 3:43am On Jan 17, 2015
emmysexxy:
All I can say is let's hope for the best.but seriously am not discouraging us o but if nothing is done soonest b4 dat two weeks I stated earlier truth be said from what have seen his chances are very few.u can now start the insults but I think this is the time we all need to drop quarrels and think for a way forward.idowu please we can continue d fight later? but for now do what you know how to do best call the people you can call.you guys have not seen this patient but I have and am scared for the worst.
Huh? Two weeks? I don't get this part of your post o...
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by MadCow1: 3:54am On Jan 17, 2015
Idowuogbo:
Happy New year MadCow1!!! It af tey small oo...hian

Happy New Year idowu..

It have they indeed.. Na election things dey keep man busy. grin

Abeg greet my people for house o..
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by ayinba1(f): 3:55am On Jan 17, 2015
@TEHN

Thanks for this update but surely it is okay to tell people cancer of "what". Unless Djdola has requested that the findings not be made public. Is there multiorgan involvement? There must be some terminology that gives a better picture.
Immune boosters? I may have missed some updates but was there a liver infection/abscess at one point?
We hope and pray for the best outcome for this young man, insha Allah. Amin

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by MadCow1: 3:58am On Jan 17, 2015
Wow...

Omo.. Stage 4 cancer no be here o..

Chemotherapy is also not cheap at all..

I am at a loss for words. I pray the second opinion comes back with better tidings.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 3:58am On Jan 17, 2015
emmysexxy:

We are not God
No matter how bad a situation may look,nobody should give up hope
I am saddened I tell ya but where there is life there is hope
I just read my last ditch effort on Dec 20 by email reaching out to one of the people coordinating this after all the insults that had heaped on me,I was practically begging them that efforts should be geared towards going to India after I got to know the result of the CT scan.
I hated for us to be where we are right now
The young man doesn't even have a passport
I begged that we get him one as far as October and people shouted me down and called me names
I don't know what else to say.
It is now in God's hands

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Busybody2(f): 3:59am On Jan 17, 2015
Hmmm lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by ayinba1(f): 4:02am On Jan 17, 2015
If it is stage 4 (again, one needs to know what organ/organs are involved), going to India, US or the moon may not achieve much. Better to consider alternative/ comfort measures. Please note the IF

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Idowuogbo(f): 4:04am On Jan 17, 2015
MadCow1:
Wow...

Omo.. Stage 4 cancer no be here o..

Chemotherapy is also not cheap at all..

I am at a loss for words. I pray the second opinion comes back with better tidings.
I swear the thing weak me eee... stage 4 cancer na extreme case ooo.... cry flying him to india will cost mad bucks.Kai! This is sad mehn...to campaign sef no dey my agenda again. I'm weak sad

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by MadCow1: 4:14am On Jan 17, 2015
Babymama1:

We are not God
No matter how bad a situation may look,nobody should give up hope
I am saddened I tell ya but where there is life there is hope
I just read my last ditch effort on Dec 20 by email reaching out to one of the people coordinating this after all the insults that had heaped on me,I was practically begging them that efforts should be geared towards going to India after I got to know the result of the CT scan.
I hated for us to be where we are right now
The young man doesn't even have a passport
I begged that we get him one as far as October and people shouted me down and called me names
I don't know what else to say.
It is now in God's hands

GOING to India would not have meant he would have found a cure there.
Getting him a passport was indeed discussed, but the logistics of it also proved a little difficult at the time.
I honestly believe that TeHN got involved in this case a little too late. I don't believe that it took this short period for his situation to climb from stage 1 to 4. This is a case of poor diagonosis that has led to this point. Maybe if at the initial stages he got good medical attention that detected his true ailment, it would have been easy to combat then.

I say we explore all options available to us and see how best we can help.
There is no point stewing over what could have been as that would lead us nowhere.
This is where we find ourselves today, this is the situation we are faced with, now let's figure out the best way to proceed.

Thanks to everyone who has been a part of this cause in any form. This may not be the result we hoped for when we started, but I still see this as progress, because we seem to be finally discovering the cause of his ailment. And it's only when we know the cause of the ailment, that we can actually treat the ailment.

I pray we get some good news from the second doctor..

15 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Originalsly: 4:18am On Jan 17, 2015
Hmmm... a cancer diagnostic and treatment center simply declaring stage 4 cancer?....and talking about targeted chemotheraphy? If they can't specify if it's stomach, prostate, lung or whatever cancer how can they target? I don't believe them and prefer to wait for word from NY. Hopefully...NY can draw enough relevant information from the 40 pages to diagnose the situation. Targeted chemotheraphy my foot.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Ishilove: 4:23am On Jan 17, 2015
r231:

Update :

16 Jan 2015

‎As a reminder from the last update which was communicated before the end of the year, Hameed was  referred to a cancer clinic in VI on suspicion of cancer while still on anti-tuberculosis medications. 

The tests were not able to be carried out last year and for the first few days this year due to the holidays. They were however done last week

The hospital has sent the results in to their consultants at Rosewell Park Cancer institute, Buffalo NY for a second opinion

Hameed and his family has been informed of this development and we are also working with them to make sure he is comfortable.

TeHN
sad
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Busybody2(f): 4:25am On Jan 17, 2015
MadCow1:

Getting him a passport was indeed discussed, but the logistics of it also proved a little difficult at the time.
I honestly believe that TeHN got involved in this case a little too late. I don't believe that it took this short period for his situation to climb from stage 1 to 4. This is a case of poor diagonosis that has led to this point. Maybe if at the initial stages he got good medical attention that detected his true ailment, it would have been easy to combat then.

There is no point stewing over what could have been as that would lead us nowhere.
This is where we find ourselves today, this is the situation we are faced with, now let's figure out the best way to proceed.

Thanks to everyone who has been a part of this cause in any form. This may not be the result we hoped for when we started, but I still see this as progress, because we seem to be finally discovering the cause of his ailment. And it's only when we know the cause of the ailment, that we can actually treat the ailment.

undecided undecided undecided

@Babyosisi, you are right it is in God's capable hands...
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Mintayo(m): 4:38am On Jan 17, 2015
r231:

Update :

16 Jan 2015

TeHN
sad sad sad
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Funjosh(m): 5:17am On Jan 17, 2015
OH GOD. Manifest yourself.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by miccodb(m): 5:21am On Jan 17, 2015
Spot on. You see my problem with our doctor? They think we r still in the ignorant stone ages. Staging is never done this way. What is the site of primary tumour? Cancer of what? And who says the timelines for india is too short? For a start we can get a medical opine atleast. Thoses opinions hint on what tests would give u dedinitive dignosis. If we are serious he can be in india in 1week or even less. Same day passport-20k india app-4days 13k. Flight 120k. We need tl act fast n swiftly to stand a chance of savi g him. Naija will not get it right n i am sure abt dat. Waiting for opinions kill time n chances of survival. Go to the opinions. A couple of us here have been to india. I can get u cost breakdown for all logistics n tests.
Originalsly:
Hmmm... a cancer diagnostic and treatment center simply declaring stage 4 cancer?....and talking about targeted chemotheraphy? If they can't specify if it's stomach, prostate, lung or whatever cancer how can they target? I don't believe them and prefer to wait for word from NY. Hopefully...NY can draw enough relevant information from the 40 pages to diagnose the situation. Targeted chemotheraphy my foot.

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by miccodb(m): 5:22am On Jan 17, 2015
Find a way to help. God has given us the means.
Funjosh:
OH GOD. Manifest yourself.

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Funjosh(m): 5:47am On Jan 17, 2015
I shold find a way to help again, with all these time and money spent and yet it still look cloudy.

Godall is in your hand.

miccodb:
Find a way to help. God has given us the means.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 6:46am On Jan 17, 2015
God please heal our land #teardrop
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Mynd44: 6:51am On Jan 17, 2015
ayinba1:
@TEHN

Thanks for this update but surely it is okay to tell people cancer of "what". Unless Djdola has requested that the findings not be made public. Is there multiorgan involvement? There must be some terminology that gives a better picture.
Immune boosters? I may have missed some updates but was there a liver infection/abscess at one point?
We hope and pray for the best outcome for this young man, insha Allah. Amin
This is what happens when people get misinformed. The original document that came out of Eruwa and LUTH pointed to his Liver/kidneys which the other doctors and health care providers used as a guide. Turns out it was a huge miss as both organs are not even concerned

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Mynd44: 6:55am On Jan 17, 2015
miccodb:
Spot on. You see my problem with our doctor? They think we r still in the ignorant stone ages. Staging is never done this way. What is the site of primary tumour? Cancer of what? And who says the timelines for india is too short? For a start we can get a medical opine atleast. Thoses opinions hint on what tests would give u dedinitive dignosis. If we are serious he can be in india in 1week or even less. Same day passport-20k india app-4days 13k. Flight 120k. We need tl act fast n swiftly to stand a chance of savi g him. Naija will not get it right n i am sure abt dat. Waiting for opinions kill time n chances of survival. Go to the opinions. A couple of us here have been to india. I can get u cost breakdown for all logistics n tests.
Health care providers in India were considered and consulted. They came up with chemo.

The delay between us knowing to getting an update was due to two things

• Hameed had to be informed which was done by a combination of the doctors (4 of them), Family member and a TEHN representative.

•We were consulting with our own doctors and also waiting for the consultants from the Hospital so as to make sure

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Mynd44: 6:59am On Jan 17, 2015
Originalsly:
@bolded,

Now do you see why we were not too keen on bringing an update? We wanted to get everyone's opinion first to see a better picture but you and others went into an insulting fit.

And No. We do not sleep at night. Most times we are up sending e-mails and going back and forth over what we might have or might have not missed.

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Mynd44: 7:04am On Jan 17, 2015
Babymama1:

What cancer please
What organ is it in?
I have an email before Christmas saying the CT scan pointed to a cancer in the gall bladder or so
So this must be a repeat scan you talk about on jan 9
Wrong. Two scans were done.

Because of the report of a kidney and Liver issue those organs were the primary targeted areas. I doubt anyone mentioned a gall bladder to you as i it were the gall, we might be looking at symptoms like stool texture and discoloration of eyes.

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by aboki2000(m): 7:23am On Jan 17, 2015
Did I heared someone giving DJ two weeks What a f...u..ck
DJ life is not in your hand , DJ MUST LIVE AND TESTIFY THE GOODNESS OF GOD IN HIS LIFE HEALTHILY !

5 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by gbadexy(m): 7:43am On Jan 17, 2015
MadCow1:

well said!
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by lovinam: 8:18am On Jan 17, 2015
Hmmmmm. Seems he has been sick for a very long time. Going by this stage 4 cancer diagnosis. I know what it takes to get to this point. Itss not about flying him to india at this point( can he sit on a plane to fly that distance? ). Let d docs work out a suitable arrangement to manage his case and we all join hands in praying he makes it. God is in total control

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (168)

What Combinations Can One Drink To Terminate Early Detected Pregnancy ? / Alafia Logun Oro Itoju Topeye Ogun Ibile Todaju / Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.