Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) (13473 Views)

Lagos Gubernatorial Elections Collation Updates / PDP Will Win Gubernatorial Poll In 24 States – Mu’azu / Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) by chamboy(m): 9:11am On Nov 14, 2014
Am tired of all dis Mr Intelligent thingy... I would rather vote a local government chairman with Record of a Performer than Vote One Guy Cos he knows how to speak... I feel his more political than Patriotic
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) by JEITO: 9:11am On Nov 14, 2014
barcanista:
Unfortunately, the TANoids will litter here. Lagos election is for Lagosians, the opinion poll will make meaning if the respondents are prospective voters in the Lagos Guber.
barca you are derailing the thread o! Are you in lagos? If yes, choose your preferred candidate shikena

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) by Arch1: 9:11am On Nov 14, 2014
brio:
I think we should stop Igbo and Yoruba tribal wars. Let look into what the topic is saying and vote accordingly.

In as much as you are in a particular state, your vote will count. We have a lot of Igbos in Lagos. While will their vote not count? Abeg let stop this our ignorance!
EXACTLY.
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) by asha80(m): 9:13am On Nov 14, 2014
PentiumPro:

You then didn't listen properly, did he mentioned Ikorodu and Epe or not?
dont think he mentioned anywhere specifically...he just said (although sounding sarcastic) that ' they already have a spot as a commisioner isn't it' and bukola said yes....it was in the tail end of the program.
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) by thaoriginator: 9:15am On Nov 14, 2014
We don't want PDP/TANdroid virus candidate in Lagos.. Vote for APC anti-virus even if it's mosquito they field as candidate.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) by PentiumPro(f): 9:16am On Nov 14, 2014
asha80:
dont think he mentioned anywhere specifically...he just said (although sounding sarcastic) that ' they already have a spot as a commisioner isn't it' and bukola said yes....it was in the tail end of the program.

#teamambo2015 cool cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) by Arch1: 9:18am On Nov 14, 2014
aryzgreat:
Lagos and ogun is going back to pdp.
wake up from your nightmare. Lagos and Ogun belong to APC. Because Chief Segun Osoba, Senator Sefiu Kaka, Deputy Governor Segun Adesegun etc defected from APC doesnt necessarily mean Amosun will lose the next election in Ogun.

Senator Ibikunle Amosun is a one man riot. He is loved and appreciated by the people of Ogun 'cos he has so far within the space of 3years done what the PDP administration Of Otunba Gbenga Daniels couldnt do in 8years.

Senator Ibikunle Amosun will win the Ogun Gubernatorial election next year clean and clear

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) by PentiumPro(f): 9:19am On Nov 14, 2014
Arch1:
wake up from your nightmare. Lagos and Ogun belong to APC. Because Chief Segun Osoba, Senator Sefiu Kaka, Deputy Governor Segun Adesegun etc defected from APC doesnt necessarily mean Amosun will lose the next election in Ogun.

Senator Ibikunle Amosun is a one man riot. He is loved and appreciated by the people of Ogun 'cos he has so far within the sapace of 3years done what the PDP administration Of Otunba Gbenga Daniels couldnt do in 8years.

Senator Ibikunle Amosun will win the Ogun Gubernatorial election next year clean and clear

The truth is that SIA has gained more than he lost cool

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) by Arch1: 9:25am On Nov 14, 2014
PentiumPro:

The truth is that SIA has gained more than he lost cool
SIA also has his own flaws too. I personally will grade him 49/100, but he has tried a bit thus far. I hope he can do more when re-elected
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) by PentiumPro(f): 9:25am On Nov 14, 2014
Lagosians, #Vote wisely

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) by VirginFinder: 9:25am On Nov 14, 2014
berem:
Dude,stop bringing ethnic sentiments into this discussion or else you will push me into the line of bigotry. This is purely a political discussion.

angry

Let me tell you something. When it comes to Lagos politics, Yorubas will not support any candidate if they can discern that the candidate is banking on a 'phantom' huge Igbo voting strength for victory.

What I am against is the fact that whoever Igbos support will win. Very false. That'll be the undoing of any candidate.

That's why I am urging Igbos to vote the Igbo candidate, Bob Okey Okoroji so that we can see their true voting strength.

If Yorubas sense an open Igbo support for Agbaje, it will cost him the election. It will make him look like an Igbo candidate.
Ambode will thus emerge smoothly.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) by PentiumPro(f): 9:29am On Nov 14, 2014
Arch1:
SIA also has his own flaws too. I personally will grade him 49/100, but he has tried a bit thus far. I hope he can do more when re-elected

In politics, you can't serve the people and serve the politicians, you have to choose one, most times politicians need is always at variance with what the people want.
SIA only offence is that he has elected to be on the side of the people and not the politicans.
Osoba cannot be controlling the NASS members and at the same time want to control the Executive.
Olumide Osoba has been in NASS for how many years without any contribution.
We will meet them at the polls in 2015, let them field Buruji, Daniel and Bankole all together, they will lose woefully. cool cool

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) by aryzgreat: 9:30am On Nov 14, 2014
VirginFinder:

Let me tell you something. When it comes to Lagos politics, Yorubas will not support any candidate if they can discern that the candidate is banking on a 'phantom' huge Igbo voting strength for victory.

What I am against is the fact that whoever Igbos support will win. Very false. That'll be the undoing of any candidate.

That's why I am urging Igbos to vote the Igbo candidate, Bob Okey Okoroji so that we can see their true voting strength.

If Yorubas sense an open Igbo support for Agbaje, it will cost him the election. It will make him look like an Igbo candidate.

In summary u are saying yorubas naturally and openly hate igbos?

aljharem, can u concur?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) by Arch1: 9:30am On Nov 14, 2014
VirginFinder:

Bros oti to.
Dont let us derail this thread. The thread is about Agbaje(pdp) and Ambode(apc), its not about Yoruba Versus Igbo.

Igbos just like every other ethnic group in Nigeria are in Lagos and their vote also count, so dont let us turn this thread into WE versus THEM, okay?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 14, 2014
PentiumPro:
Lagosians, #Vote wisely
there's this young handsome dude Tunde Wahab who is contesting under APC. Is he Wahab Folawiyo's son? I see his posters everywhere I go.
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) by PentiumPro(f): 9:35am On Nov 14, 2014
berem:
there's this young handsome dude Tunde Wahab who is contesting under APC. Is he Wahab Folawiyo's son? I see his posters everywhere I go.

You see one thing, you can quarrel and hate that man downtown, but one thing you can't take away from him is his knack to give young, upwardly mobile young guys the chance to come and prove themselves.
Go and check APC candidates with PDP's and you will see what I'm talking about.
If you are tripping for Tunde, them you will fall for Fuad Laguda. grin grin grin grin
BTW, Tunde is not related to the Folawiyo's

1 Like

Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) by Arch1: 9:37am On Nov 14, 2014
berem:
You mean Tokunbo Wahab? He is not related to the folawiyo's. He is not that young, albeit he has a young fine face. He should be in his early forties
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) by VirginFinder: 9:41am On Nov 14, 2014
Arch1:
Bros oti to.
Dont let us derail this thread. The thread is about Agbaje(pdp) and Ambode(apc), its not about Yoruba Versus Igbo.

Igbos just like every other ethnic group in Nigeria are in Lagos and their vote also count, so dont let us turn this thread into WE versus THEM, okay?

It's alright.

But we must make them(ever boastful and chest-beating Igbos) understand that they are NOT a deciding/determinant factor at all when it comes to Lagos politics.

So that they wont start telling us in 2015 that they made whoever emerges as the governor win the election only to start making senseless demands, that is why I am urging them to vote 'massively' for the Igbo candidate, Bob Okey Okoroji of the 'great' APGA.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 14, 2014
Arch1:
You mean Tokunbo Wahab? He is not related to the folawiyo's. He is not that young, albeit he has a young fine face. He should be in his early forties
Tokunbo Wahab I mean to say. Thanks!
Ambode seems to be the only Christian in the APC camp. Abi?
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 14, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Who is a Lagosian? Are you more Lagosian than me that lives in Lagos, own businesses in Lagos, provide employment in Lagos, pay huge tax bills to Lagos and own properties in Lagos?

Jimi Agbaje would defeat Ambode by miles but unfortunately he's not gettung the ticket.
its not that easy. APC controls majority of the local govts with d highest voting population. Say what u may, its hard for some neutrals to vote for someone being supported by ex convicts and drug barons. Which party controls the market women and civil service? Why havnt the popularity of Agbaje won him ANY electoral post since? Anyway, let's wait and see but note that even Agbaje is Tinubu's boy also.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 14, 2014
PentiumPro:

You see one thing, you can quarrel and hate that man downtown, but one thing you can't take away from him is his knack to give young, upwardly mobile young guys the chance to come and prove themselves.
Go and check APC candidates with PDP's and you will see what I'm talking about.
If you are tripping for Tunde, them you will fall for Fuad Laguda. grin grin grin grin
BTW, Tunde is not related to the Folawiyo's

who the heck is Faud Laguda? Am just seeing his poster for the first time. APC should give us a very popular grassroot candidate. If anyone should be closer to been popular in APC camp, Ganiyu Olanrewaju Solomon comes close.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) by Arch1: 9:49am On Nov 14, 2014
berem:

Ambode seems to be the only Christian in the APC camp. Abi?
No. Dr Leke Pitan, the former commissioner for Health also wants to contest under the platform of APC and he is a christian infact his late father was senior evangelist david ibikunle pitan
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) by PentiumPro(f): 9:50am On Nov 14, 2014
berem:
who the heck is Faud Laguda? Am just seeing his poster for the first time. APC should give us a very popular grassroot candidate. If anyone should be closer to been popular in APC camp, Ganiyu Olanrewaju Solomon comes close.

Madam, go and sit down, you know absolutely nothing about Lagos politics, though you may call yourself an Igbo-Lagosian grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) by Arch1: 9:52am On Nov 14, 2014
berem:
Fuad Kayode Laguda wants to go for the HOR surulere constituency 1. I think thats the same position Desmond Elliot and AbdulRahman Owokoniran are also gunning for, all under the platform of APC.
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 14, 2014
PentiumPro:

Madam, go and sit down, you know absolutely nothing about Lagos politics, though you may call yourself an Igbo-Lagosian grin grin
I guess you were not born and bred in Lagos just like me. Because you were born by yoruba parents doesn't make you know everything about lagos politics. Allow people like me who are born and bred Lagosians to discuss lagos politics.
Now,could you go take a back seat while I talk? grin grin tongue

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 14, 2014
Dp
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 14, 2014
Arch1:
Fuad Kayode Laguda wants to go for the HOR surulere constituency 1. I think thats the same position Desmond Elliot and AbdulRahman Owokoniran are also gunning for, all under the platform of APC.
oh wow! That's going to be a tough one. What's the chances of Desmond Elliot winning?
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) by PentiumPro(f): 10:03am On Nov 14, 2014
berem:
I guess you were not born and bred in Lagos just like me. Because you were born by yoruba parents doesn't make you know everything about lagos politics. Allow people like me who are born and bred Lagosians to discuss lagos politics.
Now,could you go take a back seat while I talk? grin grin tongue

grin grin grin grin born in Lagos and you know no jackk about the politics of the state but pushing forward more or less an Igbo agenda for a Jimi Agbaje.
Methink you are the one to go and find a quiet corner to sit while those that knows the nuances and political establishments that controls the state politics discuss it. cool cool
When you get to your Sunday-Sunday town union meeting, sell Ambode to them cool cool cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) by Arch1: 10:08am On Nov 14, 2014
berem:
oh wow! That's going to be a tough one. What's the chances of Desmond Elliot winning?
I cant say. Its going to be very tight and very close. However, what i know is that Desmond Shola Elliot has a strong support base around the Suenu-Olumegbon-Akerele- shitta axis of Surulere.

Let me tell you one seceret cheesy there is a particular candidate under PDP that is also gunning for the position of HOR Surulere constituency 1, her name is Chioma femi-ferguson. i think(not so sure) she is Igbo from Imo state cheesycheesy
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) by PentiumPro(f): 10:13am On Nov 14, 2014
#Vote wisely.

A good family man.
#teamambo2015

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) by Candyrain(m): 10:15am On Nov 14, 2014
PDP is being more PROGRESSIVE here. Obanikoro has been on the losing end over time and for them to have a chance they are bringing Jimi Agbaje aboard who is peoples' favourite. Why can't APC learn from this and bring out a peoples' favourite for presidency instead of clamouring for a consistent loser in the person of Buhari?
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) by Obinoscopy(m): 10:15am On Nov 14, 2014
Olaolufred:
[size=18pt]WAIT TILL THE PRIMARIES ARE COMPLETED.
BOTH MAY NOT BE CANDIDATE AFTERALL.
[/size]
True. But if their Parties are wise, they would field them. They are the best candidates for Lagosians, IMO.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Why Does Ebonyi State Have Highest Number Of Muslims In SE / Buhari Orders Finance Ministry To Pay Falcons / Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.