Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll (30009 Views)

PDP Will Win Gubernatorial Poll In 24 States – Mu’azu / Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) / Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by vicky85(f): 10:02am On Oct 21, 2012
Unless something goes wrong, Labour Party candidate and incumbent governor of Ondo State, Segun Mimiko, will be declared winner of the governorship election held yesterday.

The Independent National Electoral Commission has announced the results in fifteen of out the eighteen local government areas in the state.

The results from Ilaje, Ese-Odo, and Odigbo LGAs are yet to be announced.

INEC Resident Electoral Commissioner for Ondo, Akin Orebiyi, explained the delay in announcing the results of the three councils located in the riverine area of the state, saying the results are “still locked up in the creeks”.

The results announced so far show that Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, has 119,992 votes; LP has 228,774; while the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has 117,113 votes. The results, from the 15 local governments already announced, show that Mr. Mimiko’s votes almost doubles that of each of his two opponents.

The results also show that Mimiko has met the second requirement for electoral victory in the state, which requires him to have at least 25% votes in two-thirds of the number of LGA’s in the state. The ACN has won in two councils, Akoko South West, and Owo; the PDP has only won in Okitipupa thus far, while the LP won in the 12 other announced councils.

Except the PDP can produce magical votes in the three LGAs that would see the Labour Party candidate lose his simple majority- the first requirement for electoral victory- then Mimiko would be declared winner of the election and ready for a second term in office.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/mimiko-wins-ondo-state

Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by jhydebaba(m): 10:08am On Oct 21, 2012
Iroko don fall on them oh!
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 21, 2012
nice one
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by asala1: 10:46am On Oct 21, 2012
IROKO joor....gbasibe.

Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by chukxy44(m): 10:47am On Oct 21, 2012
As expected. Bravo to the people of Ondo State. The Only tin left to fix now is PDP dominance at the federal level
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by abysirius(m): 10:47am On Oct 21, 2012
Best rigger take it all!

Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by kessyur: 10:47am On Oct 21, 2012
vicky85:

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/mimiko-wins-ondo-state

The people have decided. The earliest was quite fair. History will always remember GEJ's administration. He has proven that certain things can actually work. In the power sector, electioneering etc. Thanks Ebele Goodluck Joe, i am proud of you.

51 Likes

Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by jude33084(m): 10:47am On Oct 21, 2012
So let's celebrate it grin

Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by coolestboy(m): 10:48am On Oct 21, 2012
Wat an election
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by jigawatts(m): 10:51am On Oct 21, 2012
Congrats MIMIKO ........ Its your time, use it well
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by damola1: 10:52am On Oct 21, 2012
Elections can actually be won, even in Lagos from Tinubu, only if we've substantial reasons to come together and win.
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by slimyem: 10:53am On Oct 21, 2012
Yes!!!
It is expected!!
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by dammytosh: 10:54am On Oct 21, 2012
kessyur:

The people have decided. The earliest was quite fair. History will always remember GEJ's administration. He has proven that certain things can actually work. In the power sector, electioneering etc. Thanks Ebele Goodluck Joe, i am proud of you.

I share your sentiments. Electroral litigations reduced drastically during GEJ's tenure. We are on our way to having good leaders if our vote counts.

Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by s1(m): 10:54am On Oct 21, 2012
goob job,keep it up.
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by aljharem(m): 10:57am On Oct 21, 2012
LOL Thank God, Now I hope next election we Lagosians would vote PDP for a change. The standard has been set by Fashola,

DON'T VOTE ACN AGAIN. TINUBU IS THEIR god IN THAT PARTY

EVERY ELECTED PERSON PAYS MONEY TO TINUBU'S ACCOUNT. STOP VOTING FOR GOD-FATHERISM AND CORRUPTION

Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by aare07(m): 10:57am On Oct 21, 2012
RED CARD TO ACN AND TINUBU AND HIS COHORT.
MIMIKO --------------ONE MAN BATALLION

Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by easyfem(m): 10:58am On Oct 21, 2012
it was perfect election we av ever hav in d history of ondo state.. Very perfect ɑ̤̥̈̊и̲̮̣̥̅̊∂ free, fair election. Don't let me taibon. I'm so happy dat Tinubu didn't win.. Our salary will b decide in lagos.
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by Hassanjj(m): 10:58am On Oct 21, 2012
Its Not All about The Winning, Its all about the Working! Lets See what Comes After...

Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by tessyade: 11:02am On Oct 21, 2012
Good news! God-fatherism in the south west is gradually diminishing.
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by kelvincoll(m): 11:06am On Oct 21, 2012
The results announced so far show that Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, has 119,992 votes; LP has 228,774; while the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has 117,113 votes.

From they way most pple condemned PDP and sort after ACN as an alternative I really don't think PDP did bad at all. From ds above collated result if there wasn't an Iroko mimiko LP. I think PDP wud have won that state. ACN sure has got a lot to fix before 2015. Hearty cheers to Gov Mimiko I pray he covets ds mass support into not jst good but better governance!

Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by Clairette(f): 11:11am On Oct 21, 2012
Thanks to God for answering my prayer. May God give him the foresight to impact positively in d lives of his people, and indeed Nigerians. I admire Gov. Mimiko's courage.

Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by Decapo: 11:16am On Oct 21, 2012
abysirius: Best rigger take it all!
you helped me with it right.....AS$HOLE
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by Fogman(m): 11:17am On Oct 21, 2012
Cheerful news
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by hikmoj(m): 11:24am On Oct 21, 2012
Na today? Edon tail...IROKO ma boy carry on
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by FreeGlobe(f): 11:25am On Oct 21, 2012
what happens to the southwest funds invested into the acn by Tinubu grin
sai mimiko.
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by franchizy(m): 11:26am On Oct 21, 2012
The results are not acceptable by me, there was a widespread malpractice by the LP and PDP, I urge the CAN to go to court. This is a clear rape by the INEC. A SHAME
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by Demdem(m): 11:28am On Oct 21, 2012
Not bad, at least the killer party isn't winning. Goodluck to Ondo.
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 21, 2012
This goes to show that its only nigerians that can elect good leaders.
If all of us can drop our parochail and premodial sentiments aside and allow reasoning to prevail then we can actually vote for credible people.
The people of ondo state knows better than what most of us are been fed on the pages of newspapers sponsored by the allaince of criminals tagged ACN and the almighty papa decieving pikin also known as PDP.
They have chosen the one to lead them for the next 4yrs.
The lessons to be learnt here is that if u vote rightly at state own elections and allow sentiments to determine your choice of candidates at federal level then u ve only taken a step forward and 100 steps backwards.
The criminals we have at elective positions didn't put themselves there rather u and I did by selling our concience and votes to the highest bidder and what u see today are d choices we made ystd.
Vote wisely or suffer in silence for eternity cause u can't eat ur cake and still have it.
Congratulations to the people of ondo state and may God grant mimiko the wisdom to touch the lives of his people positively.

Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by passionate88: 11:39am On Oct 21, 2012
Nothing will go wrong.. He disgraced that red big eye abi na big red eye or na eye wey big cm red or na eye wey red cm big man sef?.. Anyway him disgrace and defeat all the arsenals of asiwajuju company of Nigeria.. Shame on acn... The most criminally minded political party in Nigeria.. Unless to those that still think boko haram is a political party, then acn go come 2nd place.. Iroko dn fall on them... I envision Tinubu having a running stomach..(purge).

Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by babarazy: 11:41am On Oct 21, 2012
franchizy: The results are not acceptable by me, there was a widespread malpractice by the LP and PDP, I urge the CAN to go to court. This is a clear rape by the INEC. A SHAME
And who d hell re u?

Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by SamMilla1(m): 11:43am On Oct 21, 2012
I wasn't expecting anything less.
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by passionate88: 11:43am On Oct 21, 2012
alj harem: DON'T VOTE ACN AGAIN. TINUBU IS THEIR god IN THAT PARTY

EVERY ELECTED PERSON PAYS MONEY TO TINUBU'S ACCOUNT. STOP VOTING FOR GOD-FATHERISM AND CORRUPTION
I saw Mimiko campaign slogan... He said "some believe in godfathers, I believe in GOD THE FATHER". I so much liked that..

25 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Niger Delta Avengers: Nigeria's Newest Militants - BBC / IPOB To Storm Court For Nnamdi Kanu's Next Appearance On July 26, 2021 / Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video)