Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,960 members, 7,814,248 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

We Gave GEJ A Country In One Piece But We Are Taking It Back In Pieces - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Gave GEJ A Country In One Piece But We Are Taking It Back In Pieces (2456 Views)

Alex Bade: Niger Delta Militants Are Taking Up Arms, We Will Deal With Them / David Mark Allegedly Gave GEJ A $200k Solid Gold Customized Watch (see Photo) / Why We Gave Jonathan Nearly 1 Million Votes — Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Gave GEJ A Country In One Piece But We Are Taking It Back In Pieces by OAM(m): 9:50pm On Nov 15, 2014
I have mused repeatedly over this piece, written, adjusted, and eventually contemplated if it as worth the while writing about the inability of a president we gave our country in one piece to but, he is giving it back to us in pieces come 2015.

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan unarguably has an impressive dossier among Nigeria’s living and dead presidents. Like Barak Obama, his story is too good to be true – one of such that make atheists to reconsider their stance on God, nature, spirituality, deity and the trinity. His ascension to the highly coveted post (ask Atiku how bad he wants it) is meteoric, and when made into a film directed by a veteran director like Spike Lee or our own Kunle Afolayan, his story could become more successful than Fela on Broadway. This is the only good thing that I can make of an unpresidential president.

The detractors of President Goodluck Jonathan will retort scornfully that he is a total failure, while his ardent supporters will scream that he is a huge success. But, It’s rather funny that every time we say “it cannot be worse”, it gets worse. Under the Jonathan-led administration, Nigerians have not faired better hence there is nothing exceptional about his government except his ascension to power, and a fascinating first name. In addition, his style of ruling the nation highlights the resounding gong of danger that warrants our collective and individual close attentions.

President Jonathan has been the chief executive officer of Nigeria for more than five years now. That is enough time to gauge his performance as the leader of the most populous nation in Africa and the seventh most populous nation in the world. What, however, are the minuses of President Jonathan? His biggest negative, is his inability to stop the violence from the Islamic fundamentalist group, Boko Haram. From a radical group that fought policemen with guns, bows and arrows in 2009 in Borno State , Boko Haram metamorphosed speedily into a bomb-making, bomb-throwing, suicide-mission-savvy group that has become a terror in Nigeria. Even though the security authorities have recorded occasional results against this group, the fact that Boko Haram has continued to operate in some parts of the North, causing bloodshed and anguish, is a factor that irritates Nigerians. Since the September 11, 2001 al-Qaeda attack on the United States and the July 7, 2005 attack on the United Kingdom, no other attack has succeeded in these two countries. It is therefore viewed as a failure on the part of the President.

When a criminal is in a locality and visits theft on the unsuspecting locals, the only way to avoid detection is to point in another direction as the search for the criminal ensues. The criminal blames the stranded traveler who lodged in a nearby motel or the stranded trader who slept in the market square or even the mentally deranged who lives near the sewage pit. This is the formula the Jonathan led government is using in other for Nigerians to look the other way while seeking for sponsors of Boko Haram.

Immediately after the bombings of the United Nations headquarters in Abuja, intelligence reports indicted high level friends of government in the executive, legislature, senior party officials, elder statesmen and security officers including retired ones. It is expected that President Goodluck will seize the opportunity of the uproar and outrage against the bombings to confront the indicted senior members of the party. Instead he chose to appeal to some of them to turn a new leaf. Emboldened by presidential timidity the murderers recruited more high level personalities, hitherto sitting on the fence, into the murderous chess game.

Times without number, Mr President has spoken eloquently on his resolve, and that of the various security outfits, to keep Nigeria and Nigerians safe; he has also vowed to apprehend perpetrators of evil acts yet these actors keep repeating their acts (just like Ocean Eleven), sometimes confidently pre-empting us by issuing privy statements to the government about their intentions. They can now blow up – successfully, whatever they feel like blowing up knowing that the president will only make another reassuring speech on national TV, vowing to catch the perpetrators at all cost. The perennial Jos crisis is one of such numerous instances that showcase Goodluck as a poor crisis manager. Despite his assurance and reassurances, the city remains ablaze.

Finally, do we then describe Jonathan as a failure or a success? Hardliners hardly change their positions, no matter the strength of evidence before them. But for me, I would neither describe Jonathan as a success nor a failure. Rather, I would say that he has lost several opportunities to worm his way into the hearts of Nigerians but has taken advantage of a few. I just wished the Igbo's votes and that of the South South would keep him beyond 2015 but, its unfortunate some Igbo's and the South South sees him as incapable to remain in Aso Rock.

NOTE: Am aware of some blinded Igbo's who believe Jonathan is the best president ever. However, lets not forget about the little girls in the hands of those rag soldiers called Boko Haram.

You can vote any party of your choice but, ensure you #KickGejOut2015

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Gave GEJ A Country In One Piece But We Are Taking It Back In Pieces by BigBizzy(m): 10:06pm On Nov 15, 2014
you sound like someone experiencing puberty crisis

8 Likes

Re: We Gave GEJ A Country In One Piece But We Are Taking It Back In Pieces by adedam007(m): 10:33pm On Nov 15, 2014
fp worthy
Re: We Gave GEJ A Country In One Piece But We Are Taking It Back In Pieces by jamace(m): 10:35pm On Nov 15, 2014
OP, If you think you can do better than GEJ, go get your presidential form NOW. grin

6 Likes

Re: We Gave GEJ A Country In One Piece But We Are Taking It Back In Pieces by mekd: 10:42pm On Nov 15, 2014
op u no well, go take panadol sharp sharp before e go get worst

5 Likes

Re: We Gave GEJ A Country In One Piece But We Are Taking It Back In Pieces by mrofficial(m): 10:49pm On Nov 15, 2014
thebloodykiller:

otu nne i

You are one of the kids that drive the matured ones out of politics section on the forum. You come here to spew rubbish. You have no iota of sense than to keep saying "otu nne i". Which shows that you're retardéd and stüpid.

#KickGejOut2015

5 Likes

Re: We Gave GEJ A Country In One Piece But We Are Taking It Back In Pieces by MyNameIsMyName: 11:04pm On Nov 15, 2014
Rubbish thread, as if Nigeria's problems started in 2011

1 Like

Re: We Gave GEJ A Country In One Piece But We Are Taking It Back In Pieces by Akpaife(m): 11:13pm On Nov 15, 2014
@OP
My vote belongs 2 GEJ if u dnt like GEJ go hug transfromer let APC bring their money i will collect it n vote 4 GEJ when d time reach
GEJ will be ur president till 2019 u r free to relocate to Ghana or chad if u dnt like it

Sai GEJ 2015

6 Likes

Re: We Gave GEJ A Country In One Piece But We Are Taking It Back In Pieces by OAM(m): 11:16pm On Nov 15, 2014
MyNameIsMyName:
Rubbish thread, as if Nigeria's problems started in 2011

It didnt dear but it became worse there after, am so sure you reside in Lagos enjoying good governance. I bet you say otherwise if you in the North

2 Likes

Re: We Gave GEJ A Country In One Piece But We Are Taking It Back In Pieces by Uyi168: 11:19pm On Nov 15, 2014
.Isnt it obvious dat gej z incapable of rulin this country...?..aftaral,in d 1st place,he qot there by mistake!
Re: We Gave GEJ A Country In One Piece But We Are Taking It Back In Pieces by mrofficial(m): 11:31pm On Nov 15, 2014
Uyi168:
.Isnt it obvious dat gej z incapable of rulin this country...?..aftaral,in d 1st place,he qot there by mistake!

His profile reeks of luck and lacks everything to be a leader. You can't lead a nation like Nigeria with mere luck. To make matter worse, he's clueless! The office of the presidency now looks like all comers affair. GEJ is an embarrassment to Nigeria and millions of Nigerians.

The people who are to vote GEJ will do that based on tribe and religion.

#KickGejOut2015

4 Likes

Re: We Gave GEJ A Country In One Piece But We Are Taking It Back In Pieces by OAM(m): 11:38pm On Nov 15, 2014
mrofficial:

His profile reeks of luck and lacks everything to be a leader. You can't lead a Nation like Nigeria with mere luck.

The people who are to vote GEJ will do that based on tribe and religion.

lets say tribe takes higher percentage, Gej lack of leadership has touched every religion,believe me, we Christians wants to kick him out cum 2015

1 Like

Re: We Gave GEJ A Country In One Piece But We Are Taking It Back In Pieces by crown777(m): 9:36am On Nov 16, 2014
Re: We Gave GEJ A Country In One Piece But We Are Taking It Back In Pieces by chamboy(m): 11:21am On Nov 16, 2014
Hashtag KickOutGEJ2015

2 Likes

Re: We Gave GEJ A Country In One Piece But We Are Taking It Back In Pieces by chamboy(m): 11:26am On Nov 16, 2014
GEJ should accept aunty Oby's Debate
Re: We Gave GEJ A Country In One Piece But We Are Taking It Back In Pieces by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 16, 2014
jamace:
OP, If you think you can do better than GEJ, go get your presidential form NOW. grin

What a senseless comment.

Someone criticizes the leader of his country and someone else tells him to become the president himself.

If next your car mechanic does not do his job properly, become a car mechanic yourself.

Some people do not deserve the privileges that come with democracy.

1 Like

Re: We Gave GEJ A Country In One Piece But We Are Taking It Back In Pieces by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 16, 2014
@thebloodykiller

e-killer, wait for your BAN! grin
Re: We Gave GEJ A Country In One Piece But We Are Taking It Back In Pieces by masamari(m): 11:54am On Nov 16, 2014
Actually President Jonathan is an humble individual which deserves our respect any day anytime. In fact this gentleman has a better and promising ideology at genesis of His tenure. The unfortunate scenerio is that he mistakely surrounded his cabinet with cabals and enemies of Nigerians. Having said that, the evil Islamic extremest Boko Haram compounded the whole issues, as for me if president Jonathan is my father I will humbly invite him for chat in a roundtable and keypoints to Him areas he has failed and why he has to throw up the towel for our names to be protected bcoz some looters in this cabinet are warming up to separate this noble nation bcoz's of their personal treasure and at the end of the day President Jonathan name may be stained. May God in His exponential mercies grants President Jonathan wisdom to overcome this trial period Amen.
Re: We Gave GEJ A Country In One Piece But We Are Taking It Back In Pieces by oluwalfa: 11:58am On Nov 16, 2014
Who is "we"?

2 Likes

Re: We Gave GEJ A Country In One Piece But We Are Taking It Back In Pieces by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 16, 2014
masamari:
Actually President Jonathan is an humble individual which deserves our respect any day anytime. In fact this gentleman has a better and promising ideology at genesis of His tenure. The unfortunate scenerio is that he mistakely surrounded his cabinet with cabals and enemies of Nigerians. Having said that, the evil Islamic extremest Boko Haram compounded the whole issues, as for me if president Jonathan is my father I will humbly invite him for chat in a roundtable and keypoints to Him areas he has failed and why he has to throw up the towel for our names to be protected bcoz some looters in this cabinet are warming up to separate this noble nation bcoz's of their personal treasure and at the end of the day President Jonathan name may be stained. May God in His exponential mercies grants President Jonathan wisdom to overcome this trial period Amen.
The truth is he is guilty of the sins of his friends because he has kept mute for so long. why do you think we call him clueless?
Re: We Gave GEJ A Country In One Piece But We Are Taking It Back In Pieces by Princewill1(m): 1:44pm On Nov 16, 2014
TRAILER LOAD OF DUST! Who is giving U back Nigeria?
Re: We Gave GEJ A Country In One Piece But We Are Taking It Back In Pieces by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 16, 2014
That Jonathan is a failure is undisputable. In fact, he's nowhere near average. Even his supporters calls him the "Lesser evil" meaning he's evil. Goodluck Jonathan's Presidency will go to the darkest era of Nigeria nationwood after the Civil war.
Re: We Gave GEJ A Country In One Piece But We Are Taking It Back In Pieces by donmalcolm21(m): 2:32pm On Nov 16, 2014
barcanista:
That Jonathan is a failure is undisputable. In fact, he's nowhere near average. Even his supporters calls him the "Lesser evil" meaning he's evil. Goodluck Jonathan's Presidency will go to the darkest era of Nigeria nationwood after the Civil war.
. The kind of hatred you have for good things makes the devil himself to shudder.

2 Likes

Re: We Gave GEJ A Country In One Piece But We Are Taking It Back In Pieces by jamace(m): 3:52pm On Nov 16, 2014
carefreewannabe:

What a senseless comment.

Someone criticizes the leader of his country and someone else tells him to become the president himself.

If next your car mechanic does not do his job properly, become a car mechanic yourself.

Some people do not deserve the privileges that come with democracy.
What a senseless insult. If you think you know more than the mechanic why not take over the job. Why stand there theorising on how and why the mechanic is not getting it right.

1 Like

Re: We Gave GEJ A Country In One Piece But We Are Taking It Back In Pieces by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 16, 2014
jamace:
What a senseless insult. If you think you know more than the mechanic why not take over the job. Why stand there theorising on how and why the mechanic is not getting it right.

This is the kind of argumentation that is produced by an educational system run by Patience Jonathan.

I don't have to become a mechanic to DEMAND from a mechanic to do a good job and to repair my car.

It is his damn responsibility when I pay him for repairing my car like it is a leader's damn responsibility to serve his country's citizens.
Re: We Gave GEJ A Country In One Piece But We Are Taking It Back In Pieces by jamace(m): 3:58pm On Nov 16, 2014
carefreewannabe:

This is the kind of argumentation that is produced by an educational system run by Patience Jonathan.

I don't have to become a mechanic to DEMAND from a mechanic to do a good job and to repair my car.

It is his damn responsibility when I pay him for repairing my car like it is a leader's damn responsibility to serve his country's citizens.
How much did you pay GEJ? grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader / Man Pass-out At Apc Presidential Rally At Kano Due To Too Much Crowd / How Jonathan Plot To Rig Election. How Nigeria Police Stood Their Ground

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.