Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? (48490 Views)

Nigerian Military Buried Shiite Members Alive- Amnesty International. / National Conference: TINUBU Was Right Afterall / Ojukwu Was Right Afterall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by texazzpete(m): 2:15pm On Nov 16, 2014
Mogidi:

At the peak of the Niger Delta campaign, notable Deltans acted as middle men to quell the uprising.

Good thing that prominent Northerners like Buhari, Sultan of Sokoto and Northern Governors forum have come together to condemn the Boko Haram violence, eh?
I know you desperately wish all the Northern elite would go to Sambisa forest to 'act as middlemen' as if you don't know that BH have sworn never to negotiate (didn't stop the FG from lying about ceasefire, but I digress)

Mogidi:

Its foolhardy to assert bokoharam don't enjoy local support. If they don't enjoy local support why were the hunters able to rout them?

This...doesn't sound sane at all. Aren't the hunters 'locals'? Or do you mean by routing them, the hunters were 'supporting' them?

Perhaps I am mistaken and your problem isn't a deficient education...maybe you're just inebriated after quaffing one too many alcoholic beverages last night?

11 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by Mogidi: 2:15pm On Nov 16, 2014
texazzpete:

See why I said you need 'Brighter Grammar' and 'Queen Primer'? [size=13pt]The UNIMAID student says he was picked from his house.[/size] Why do you want me to explain to you what you can already read?

Cheers.

See how re'tarded that statement is? The military for want of something to do, went to a poor students house and put him in jail for 3yrs. Did you bother asking why they left all adjoining houses but went to his? Flawless logic, now clap for yourself.

7 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by ayindejimmy(m): 2:17pm On Nov 16, 2014
Rad1cal:
To hell with amnesty international and her proponents. All we want is for the activities of the haramites to be brutally cut short , even though unavoidable cases of collateral damage will be recorded.
The Yoruba say, eni ija o ba lo un pe ra re lo kunrin. It's the person that has no see war that calls himself a man.
Would you want to be in the shoes of those victims? The NA should be professional in their fight against BH thats all A.I is saying. We cannot cos we're fighting BH the army should kill everyone

4 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by Mogidi: 2:21pm On Nov 16, 2014
texazzpete:

Good thing that prominent Northerners like Buhari, Sultan of Sokoto and Northern Governors forum have come together to condemn the Boko Haram violence, eh?
I know you desperately wish all the Northern elite would go to Sambisa forest to 'act as middlemen' as if you don't know that BH have sworn never to negotiate (didn't stop the FG from lying about ceasefire, but I digress)

Remind me how long it took Buhari and the Sultan to condemn Boko haram, if you were not living on Mars you would have remembered their silence was deafening.

This...doesn't sound sane at all. Aren't the hunters 'locals'? Or do you mean by routing them, the hunters were 'supporting' them?

Perhaps I am mistaken and your problem isn't a deficient education...maybe you're just inebriated after quaffing one too many alcoholic beverages last night?
So are there no hunters or vigilante groups in the rest of the North west? How about providing intelligence to the military? No military can defeat an ideology, the sooner you people realise this the better.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by atlwireles: 2:26pm On Nov 16, 2014
Human right of boko haram? God bless Nigeria cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. What a fraudulent country. angry

1 Like

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by texazzpete(m): 2:36pm On Nov 16, 2014
atlwireles:
Human right of boko haram? God bless Nigeria cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. What a fraudulent country. angry

Sigh.
let me try again.

200+ people were just released by the Army. Innocent folks. The army even felt ashamed enough to offer some of them a meager sum as reparation. And these 200+ people are just the tip of the iceberg.

So, no, nobody is talking about Boko Haram members. Your fellow Nigerians - Innocent Nigerians! - are being arrested, detained and tortured and it's a laughing matter for you?

So not just a sycophant, you're a traitor too?

Watch this video Horus provided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcc5fnx08R0

10 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by atlwireles: 2:42pm On Nov 16, 2014
texazzpete:

Sigh.
let me try again.

200+ people were just released by the Army. Innocent folks. The army even felt ashamed enough to offer some of them a meager sum as reparation. And these 200+ people are just the tip of the iceberg.

So, no, nobody is talking about Boko Haram members. Your fellow Nigerians - Innocent Nigerians! - are being arrested, detained and

I will like the army to keep you for 200 years and release you thereafter. Keep your boko haram patriotism to your pathetic self.

10 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by gtrust: 2:50pm On Nov 16, 2014
texazzpete:

Remember when everyone was up in arms, railing at Amnesty International's report that insisted that Nigerian Security forces were guilty of mass human right violations, tortures, illegal detentions and worse?

http://www.amnesty.org/en/news/nigeria-s-torture-chambers-exposed-new-report-2014-09-18
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/168339-nigerian-security-forces-maim-kill-thousands-in-torture-chambers-amnesty-international.html

Well, now it turns out that those stories were 100% real. The Army just released innocent suspects that had been in illegal detention for YEARS, and some of those people have come forward with harrowing stories of torture, detention and deaths.

Are we now going to have a serious conversation about this? Police and Army brutality has run unchecked for years. when are we going to turn this around?

When you put up this same energy in campaigning AGAINST BOKO HARAM then and ONLY then will people take you seriously!!!

There're ALWAYS 2 sides at least to a story

9 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 16, 2014
texazzpete:

Remember when everyone was up in arms, railing at Amnesty International's report that insisted that Nigerian Security forces were guilty of mass human right violations, tortures, illegal detentions and worse?

http://www.amnesty.org/en/news/nigeria-s-torture-chambers-exposed-new-report-2014-09-18
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/168339-nigerian-security-forces-maim-kill-thousands-in-torture-chambers-amnesty-international.html

Well, now it turns out that those stories were 100% real. The Army just released innocent suspects that had been in illegal detention for YEARS, and some of those people have come forward with harrowing stories of torture, detention and deaths.

Are we now going to have a serious conversation about this? Police and Army brutality has run unchecked for years. when are we going to turn this around?

No, as Nigerians and Jonathanians we will just blame the media, APC and Yoruba for everything.

1 Like

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by Symphony007: 2:59pm On Nov 16, 2014
Having lived in the Niger delta during the height of militancy, I can attest to the fact that most Nigerians soldiers are barbaric uncultured vampires. I know the amount of innocent young men killed because of frivolous claims that they were militants. They were not only killed but their poor bodies dumped in creeks meanwhile the real criminals went free and are now enjoying allowances, amnesty and education in foreign countries. You can seat in the comfort of your home and cheer on the barbarism or you can stand up and condemn what in going on in the north now. You may think it doesn't concern you but remember rain doesn't fall on one roof, yesterday it was the Niger delta, today it's the North, who knows where next. The vast majority of Nigeria soldiers are brave, patriotic hero's but we need to fight the gruesome ones peptuating barbarism. You can't fight terrorism by becoming a terrorist. Then what are you fighting?

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 16, 2014
Symphony007:
Having lived in the Niger delta during the height of militancy, I can attest to the fact that most Nigerians soldiers are barbaric uncultured vampires. I know the amount of innocent young men killed because of frivolous claims that they were militants. They were not only killed but their poor bodies dumped in creeks meanwhile the real criminals went free and are now enjoying allowances, amnesty and education in foreign countries. You can seat in the comfort of your home and cheer on the barbarism or you can stand up and condemn what in going on in the north now. You may think it doesn't concern you but remember rain doesn't fall on one roof, yesterday it was the Niger delta, today it's the North, who knows where next. The vast majority of Nigeria soldiers are brave, patriotic hero's but we need to fight the gruesome ones peptuating barbarism. You can't fight terrorism by becoming a terrorist. Then what are you fighting?

Well said.

11 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by gtrust: 3:03pm On Nov 16, 2014
Symphony007:

When you put up this same energy in campaigning AGAINST BOKO HARAM then and ONLY then will people take you seriously!!!

7 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by atlwireles: 3:03pm On Nov 16, 2014
[s]
Symphony007:
[/s]

Stop bleeping lying all the time.

4 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by texazzpete(m): 3:24pm On Nov 16, 2014
atlwireles:

I will like the army to keep you for 200 years and release you thereafter. Keep your boko haram patriotism to your pathetic self.

Considering the fact that you're more likely to turn to crime after your services will no longer be required to spread online propaganda next year, I believe you'll be experiencing the wonders of a correctional facility very soon.

gtrust:

I actually have put in much more energy in campaigning against Boko Haram than you have.

Good thing we've heard BOTH sides of the story now that the Army has released hundreds of innocent people they had illegally detained, just like Amnesty International alleged.

17 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by atlwireles: 3:33pm On Nov 16, 2014
texazzpete:

Considering the fact that you're more likely to turn to crime after your services will no longer be required to spread online propaganda next year, I believe you'll be experiencing the wonders of a correctional facility very soon.

Again keep your pretentiousness to yourself. You mistake others for criminals like you. grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by nduchucks: 3:38pm On Nov 16, 2014
@OP, I'm glad we still have people like you in this great country. When I raised alarm about this issue a few months ago, i was called a Boko Haram sympathiser by people who should know better.

Read the real truths below:

Nigeria: Gruesome footage implicates military in war crimes

Nigerian Troops Battling Boko Haram Are Guilty of War Crimes: Report

Nigeria troops slitting Boko Haram suspects' throats

These attrocities took place under Ihejirika's watch, yet some wonder why International Criminal Court (ICC) officials are looking for him.

10 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by donmalcolm21(m): 3:45pm On Nov 16, 2014
texazzpete:

when you hide behind your phone to type trash against the Nig Army while they are being killed and maimed because of a terror sect that enjoy much support from fanatics.

5 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by LajaLaba: 4:03pm On Nov 16, 2014
Mogidi:

You've just proven you have the debating skills of Are-Musiwa. What has the above got to do with your rant about human rights for terrorist?
LMAO grin interesting the meaning of Mogidi in my language is a slowpoke......Watch it son stupidity kills faster

11 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:21pm On Nov 16, 2014
Adetula1:
in war times,there's nothing called "innocent" as long you are caught in and around battle line.our prayer is never to be a victim.
You are wrong.

2 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 16, 2014
If amnesty international do some soul searching they will agree that there job is too easy!

It's easy to scrutinise the activities of Government who are quite frankly the victims here but do nothing or say nothing about the terrorists who have created the crisis!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by arresa: 4:57pm On Nov 16, 2014
Mogidi:

When the above murderers are caught in a few years time they'd be screaming of human rights. What happened to the human rights of the man they beheaded?

Behaving like terrorists, murderers and animals means you are equally terrorists and animals and you have no moral right or obligation to denounce or say anything about terrorists and animals because you operate like them.

Bottom line, we are not like them and we shouldn't sink to their level. There's got to be a clear distinction between states and terrorists...

15 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by pomporiking: 4:57pm On Nov 16, 2014
I get what amnesty is saying but what do you expect the army to do in a war zone??Ask them if they are terrorist nicely

4 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by richeso: 4:59pm On Nov 16, 2014
gtrust:

Bro, I myself ask same question oo... No campaign against boko haram.

The one that baffles me is when you kill bokoharam members they call it Genocide by the president
And when you don't kill but chase them away, they call you clueless.

I just tire for 9ja I swear.

10 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 16, 2014
Every arrested Boko haram member becomes a civilian after arrest

That's how hard this is

4 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by nduchucks: 5:22pm On Nov 16, 2014
mikeansy:
If amnesty international do some soul searching they will agree that there job is too easy!

It's easy to scrutinise the activities of Government who are quite frankly the victims here but do nothing or say nothing about the terrorists who have created the crisis!

The terrorists who created the crisis should face the music as well.

I believe the late Azzazi who told us before he was murdered that BH is PDP and PDP is BH. The President also told us that BH members are present in his government and would be named ( this was at least 3 years ago).

You should put pressure on GEJ to release those names.

5 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by gtrust: 7:30pm On Nov 16, 2014
richeso:

Bro, I myself ask same question oo... No campaign against boko haram.

The one that baffles me is when you kill bokoharam members they call it Genocide by the president
And when you don't kill but chase them away, they call you clueless.

I just tire for 9ja I swear.

Let us "attack" these BH journalistic wing by always referring them to the question: "who are the aggressors here = BH

Therefore, BH should just STOP Killing their own brothers, sisters, mothers, aged fathers etc etc

You want power No problem: seek your peoples' votes !!!!

2 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by gtrust: 7:41pm On Nov 16, 2014
mikeansy:

We will take Amnesty International (Nigerian Branch) seriously the day they mount serious campaign against the activities of BH!!

We will take Mrs Ekwesilieze seriously the day she mounts serious campaign against BH and even advise them to seek the peoples' vote by the ballot boxes!

We will take the journalistic wings of BH seriously the day they mount serious campaign against these BH and their nefarious activities!!!

We will take the Deputy Governor of Borno State seriously the day he ALSO start announcing territories recaptured by the Nigerian military and give some acknowledgement to the sacrifices of our Galant Soldiers.

Nigeria is our only country = my interest here!!!

4 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by Adetula1(m): 8:50pm On Nov 16, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

You are wrong.
dont want to start lecturing you on how information are gathered during crises n war cos i doubt if you have witnessed or participated in any(i dont mean aluta demostration),because i have.
Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by DelGardo: 8:32am On Nov 17, 2014
texazzpete:

One? try the 200+ that the Army recently released. I've just highlighted one as an example. You do know what an example is, don't you?

PS: Usually, 'wrong place and wrong time' doesn't apply to someone's own bedroom.

more than 50 million Northerners. Care to show any research you have that all 50 million Northerners were 'in cohort' with Boko Haram?
If we agree that Boko Haram has less than 50,000 fighters, that's 0.1% of Northerners in active support.

I'm also not sure that your viewpoint isn't a clear example of religious intolerance and ethnic bias. I certainly didn't see loads of posts on Nairaland back then alleging that every single Niger Deltan was in support of the creek rebels. Why is it now different when it comes to the North?

You also have posts in your history where you laugh about Northerners being slaughtered by BH...then you turn around and claim BH enjoys wide support among Northerners. So which is it? Or does your hatred (and the crisp naira notes your masters pay you) cause intense confusion?

You must know that TANiods are devious.

When the military razed down Odi, killing women and children because their ego was hurt, the whole country condemned it.
No one blamed the entire Niger Delta or South South for the military counter action.

Today it is convenient for Jonathanians to blame a whole region for the failings of their benefactor.

Truth is that the Nigerian security apparatus, from the police to the army is soulless. Their guns are permanently pointed at the innocent citizens. Their methods are crude and archaic without any serious self assessment/cleansing mechanism.

Whatever is documented by Amnesty and other organisations is mild compared to what the NA are capable of. We the Igbos saw it first hand during the Civil war... Nigeria Army's approach to combat engagement and intelligence sensing has not changed one bit since then.

The way in which they embarked upon wanton killings during the initial engagements with original Boko Haram organisation contributed to the willingness of many affected individuals to take up arms against the government in retaliation and/or self defense. Violence begets violence. This kill-and-go mentality should be cured. A way to start is to go back and tell the Biafran story, and re-introduce History as a subject in our curriculum.

14 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by arsetalks(m): 8:36am On Nov 17, 2014
I do not believe that's the real reason we have been denied help by America. The sincere truth is no one trusts the Nigeria Army anymore and rightly so.

America will know this Boko haram war may end up being theirs hence selling arms to the army can only make it more difficult since as even Mr shoeless confirmed Boko haram has infiltrated the army.

1 Like

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by paulshakur: 8:47am On Nov 17, 2014
Indeed. Nigeria my country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Akure (Pictures) / Photos From President Jonathan's Birthday Celebration This Morning. / Police Arrest Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Over Mace Theft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.