Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,389 members, 7,836,563 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. (72848 Views)

How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! / Check Out A Post Of How A Wife Dealt With Cheating Husband: cheaters learn / Can You Catch A Cheating Husband By His Smell Alone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by urheme: 10:05am On Nov 19, 2014
Nekk:
Madam, I must say that we are in the same shoes, I read your stories over and over again to be sure I wasn't the one that typed it.
Am so following this story because it will help me heal, I feel myself dying slowly of pain. God men are mean.

my dear, don,t die because of man,
don,t kill any body because of man,
don,t let man kill you,

develop a hard shell to his infidelities that is if divorce is not an option for you, keep your self happy, live your life, concentrate on giving your kids a good life
he may go and take another wife, don,t care and don,t hurt especially if you have a well paying job to look after your self, get busy, go for higher degree as phd and other professional courses.

if you are so emotional about sex and love which I believe is just a relief from tension, you can use prayers to hold your self if you are a strong Christian, if not indulge in vibrators, it will not kill you slowly like your husband, my cheating husband is the least of my worries.

1 Like

Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by OHAJURU1: 10:06am On Nov 19, 2014
Another Nollywood blockbusterAnother Nollywood blockbusterAnother Nollywood blockbuster
Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by MadCow1: 10:14am On Nov 19, 2014
urheme:

my dear, don,t die because of man,
don,t kill any body because of man,
don,t let man kill you,

develop a hard shell to his infidelities that is if divorce is not an option for you, keep your self happy, live your life, concentrate on giving your kids a good life
he may go and take another wife, don,t care and don,t hurt especially if you have a well paying job to look after your self, get busy, go for higher degree as phd and other professional courses.

[size=16pt]if you are so emotional about sex and love which I believe is just a relief from tension, you can use prayers to hold your self if you are a strong Christian,[/size] if not indulge in vibrators, it will not kill you slowly like your husband, my cheating husband is the least of my worries.

Delete that part and leave only the Vi-brators..

Or hells.. She should find herself a side boo.. grin Afterall, Whats good for the Greece, is good for Uganda. grin

The one thing I know is that a Cheating woman is harder to catch than a cheating Man.

5 Likes

Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by babygirlfl: 10:18am On Nov 19, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Same here. Call me biased, but that's a gr8 policy. I feel divorce is a conclusion only the member(s) of the marriage should come to, and not something to be directly advised. Especially on the internet.

Exactly. It's one decision those involved only have to take.

1 Like

Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by 9jaRonin(m): 10:34am On Nov 19, 2014
Chiefpriest1:
There are basically three kinds of cheats, the serial cheat, the occasional cheat and those who stray once in a while. More than 95per cent of nigerian husbands would fall into this category at a point in their life.

Your decision would be informed by the category he falls, but I want to believe he just strayed since this is the first time you ve 'caught' him.

Matters like this require patience. Some kids who have never had a relationship talk more of getting married will soon be here to advice you to divorce your husband. Fact is that most men cheat and many of those who are not cheating probably havent had the chance.

Depending on the kind of man you married (you know him better than everyone here), I guess what you should do is to have a heart to heart talk with him. Dont be confrontational.

Ask him if hes willing to swap his happy family with whatever pleasure he's getting outside.

Appeal to his emotions without being judgmental. The intention is to break him, make him 'confess' , apologise and promise that it wont happen again.

If he does this, forgive him and try forgetting, though it might be difficult. If you see him as your last bus stop, you ll do everything to make the marriage work.

I am not advising you to start asking yourself unnecessary questions, but you might need to check if you haven't shifted attention from your husband to your children.

Women tend to do that alot, forgetting that they met the man first before the kids started coming(marriage counsellors know this).

Whatever it is, dont hate him, dont get violent. Dont let the devil take charge. He ll come around and things Will be normal again.

Chiefpriest, may God bless you.....
Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by urheme: 10:34am On Nov 19, 2014
MadCow1:

Delete that part and leave only the Vi-brators..

Or hells.. She should find herself a side boo.. grin Afterall, Whats good for the Greece, is good for Uganda. grin

The one thing I know is that a Cheating woman is harder to catch than a cheating Man.

let her hubby come and see the quality and size of my V-B he will know he is less than a man grin grin grin
cheating man, why should I worry my self with one when he is busy enjoying him self, rubbish,

do we really need these men?
Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by moriton(m): 10:41am On Nov 19, 2014
What an irony the op is literally Happywife but not realistically. Take chief priests advice and thank him later.
Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 19, 2014
SirShymex:

I missed this yesterday. I shouldn't be doing this, but I'll do it for argument sake.

Now let's analyse the logic behind the "bad ar.se," can we?

If money is the reason why both Hillary Clinton stayed in their marriages, wouldn't it be logical in that context for them get divorced, and elope with half of their husbands' wealth - rather than stay there, and remain an appendage, while allowing the men to keep their wealth intact?

Then if it were the status. Let's leave Monica Lewinsky - Hillary Clinton was already a Senator and prominent figure in US politics when Bill Clinton was cheating with Liz Hurley. And if she had left him, it wouldn't have affected her one bit. Then Victoria Beckham was already a superstar with Spice Girls before David Beckham (though David Beckham had/still-has a higher net worth). And when he was cheating - she had already become a fashion icon. Heck, she was a big name in the fashion world back then, and she also just moved to New York to tap into the US market. So, if she had left him - it wouldn't have affected her brand. Victoria beckham made David Beckham a global brand/icon.

So, can you please educate me about the "bad ar.se" in her illogical rebuttals?

Okay, let's do this. Hillary could not have left because she was not senator when Bill was cheating with Monica, leaving at that time would have spelled the end of her political ambition. Hillary is some serious bad ar5e and I love the woman to death. She was intent on forging a political career of her own outside of being first lady. Leaving would have meant scuppering the opportunity to serve as senator, run for the highest office in the country and then go on to serve as Secretary of state. She did not leave because it was not smart do so.

Victoria did not leave because the Spice girls were musically dead when David cheated, all she was at the time was former a former Spice girl now married to global icon in football. David's career outside of football was just beginning to pick up, modelling contracts were pouring in, his move to Spain was beginning to pay off big time, she had to stand by him, they had both been working hard to make it happen, why would she let David off that easily and walk away from everything she had worked so hard for? Compare David's net worth in 2001 or whenever it was that he cheated to now. Victoria's fashion career did not take off until they moved to the US, I am pretty sure being David's wife did not hurt, so you need to get your timelines right mate.

Ray Parlour's divorce cost him his career, dude was so badly messed up by it that he could not even do anything outside of football again, even he must be regretting cheating and then going on to marry his 'new chassis model'. Ray's wife had nothing to lose, there was no career to be messed up.

3 Likes

Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by MadCow1: 10:49am On Nov 19, 2014
urheme:

let her hubby come and see the quality and size of my V-B he will know he is less than a man grin grin grin
cheating man, why should I worry my self with one when he is busy enjoying him self, rubbish,

do will really need these men?

A VB will only shake your kpekus vigorously and that's it.. Men are more than just 'live diicks'.. grin

The OP's matter is not peculiar to her alone. Many women are in this boat.

1 Like

Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by smokescreen4: 10:50am On Nov 19, 2014
Why is life so unfair to women? it pays to be a man and a nigerian man for dat matter, I wished God asked us to choose our sex, ALOT of women would love to be men, the only thing dat is fair to both men and women is death.i have no advice for you happy wife.
Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 19, 2014
smokescreen4:
Why is life so unfair to women? it pays to be a man and a nigerian man for dat matter, I wished God asked us to choose our sex, ALOT of women would love to be men, the only thing dat is fair to both men and women is death.i have no advice for you happy wife.
life is not fair to anyone.... Soe men go through though challenges too.
Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by Wenom: 10:58am On Nov 19, 2014
Hmmmmm! Pride dey smell for hia o! U sed u hv workd very hard to be whr u r today..are u sure ur status doesn't affect d way u relate wf him sometyms? Who knws d real story?..jst saying undecided
Mayb u allow ur financial status get too much into ur head dt u speak in a manner dt distastes him..
..My advice is be broken,humble urself @least a lil more n most importantly..cast ur cares upon PANTOKRATOR,cos He cares for u,can n will #BringBackYourHubby# in Jesus' name!!
Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by smokescreen4: 11:03am On Nov 19, 2014
majekdom2:
life is not fair to anyone.... Soe men go through though challenges too.
what kind of challenges? society gives you guys free pass for alot of vices, one thing is certain as a Christian I know they will be none of dis in the great beyond, men don't even Consider adultery as sin anymore.
Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 19, 2014
smokescreen4:
what kind of challenges? society gives you guys free pass for alot of vices, one thing is certain as a Christian I know they will be none of dis in the great beyond, men don't even Consider adultery as sin anymore.
its never a gender thing .... The fact that a married woman comes out publicly on her cheating hubby does not mean some married women don't cheat, I know some . It is never right to generalize. I am not good at criticizing but do the young girls that follow these married men don't know adultery is a sin . Some babes have it merry in their youths and come complaining the hubby cheat at sometime. I have been against cheating on this thread, but we should leave sentiments out of this. I really don't like that pity statement " that life is not fair to the women"

1 Like

Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by smokescreen4: 11:20am On Nov 19, 2014
majekdom2:
its never a gender thing .... The fact that a married woman comes out publicly on her cheating hubby does not mean some married women don't cheat, I know some . It is never right to generalize. I am not good at criticizing but do the young girls that follow these married men don't know adultery is a sin . Some babes have it merry in their youths and come complaining the hubby cheat at sometime. I have been against cheating on this thread, but we should leave sentiments out of this. I really don't like that pity statement " that life is not fair to the women"
Am sure you know the statement is true , moreover it's the man that made a vow to be faithful not the girl, Nigeria is a highly patriarchal country and it sucks, men keep dishing what they can't take.

2 Likes

Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by Callfubu(m): 11:25am On Nov 19, 2014
Chiefpriest1:
There are basically three kinds of cheats, the serial cheat, the occasional cheat and those who stray once in a while. More than 95per cent of nigerian husbands would fall into this category at a point in their life.

Your decision would be informed by the category he falls, but I want to believe he just strayed since this is the first time you ve 'caught' him.

Matters like this require patience. Some kids who have never had a relationship talk more of getting married will soon be here to advice you to divorce your husband. Fact is that most men cheat and many of those who are not cheating probably havent had the chance.

Depending on the kind of man you married (you know him better than everyone here), I guess what you should do is to have a heart to heart talk with him. Dont be confrontational.

Ask him if hes willing to swap his happy family with whatever pleasure he's getting outside.

Appeal to his emotions without being judgmental. The intention is to break him, make him 'confess' , apologise and promise that it wont happen again.

If he does this, forgive him and try forgetting, though it might be difficult. If you see him as your last bus stop, you ll do everything to make the marriage work.

I am not advising you to start asking yourself unnecessary questions, but you might need to check if you haven't shifted attention from your husband to your children.

Women tend to do that alot, forgetting that they met the man first before the kids started coming(marriage counsellors know this).

Whatever it is, dont hate him, dont get violent. Dont let the devil take charge. He ll come around and things Will be normal again.

azzin you cover everywhere finish, i can't add or subtract. Are you sure you are not a marriage counsellor?
Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by Onegai(f): 11:35am On Nov 19, 2014
SirShymex:

I missed this yesterday. I shouldn't be doing this, but I'll do it for argument sake.

Now let's analyse the logic behind the "bad ar.se," can we?

If money is the reason why both Hillary Clinton stayed in their marriages, wouldn't it be logical in that context for them get divorced, and elope with half of their husbands' wealth - rather than stay there, and remain an appendage, while allowing the men to keep their wealth intact?

Then if it were the status. Let's leave Monica Lewinsky - Hillary Clinton was already a Senator and prominent figure in US politics when Bill Clinton was cheating with Liz Hurley. And if she had left him, it wouldn't have affected her one bit. Then Victoria Beckham was already a superstar with Spice Girls before David Beckham (though David Beckham had/still-has a higher net worth). And when he was cheating - she had already become a fashion icon. Heck, she was a big name in the fashion world back then, and she also just moved to New York to tap into the US market. So, if she had left him - it wouldn't have affected her brand. Victoria beckham made David Beckham a global brand/icon.

So, can you please educate me about the "bad ar.se" in her illogical rebuttals?

Sigh. I will speak only on the case that I saw upclose and personal and leave you to pull out whatever you like from whereever you get it from.

Hillary Rodham-Clinton has always had political ambitions. Even when she was First Lady. However, America (for all its Liberal posturing) is a very Conservative arena. They will vote a black man over a white woman.

And if I were married to a philandering man who happens to be the Tinubu of the Democratic Party of the United States, I won't divorce him. I need his support down the line for when I want to declare my candidancy for the Democratic Presidential ticket. Having people vote me as a Senator is way different from having my party leaders endorse me to take a presidential ticket. A fight which Hillary lost, the first time already, to Barack Obama. Because her position wasn't strong.

A woman who wants something badly, can play the long game.

Now I'm sure you will have all sorts of answers for this, to show how I'm wrong. After all, this is NL.

Excuse me ladies and gentlemen. I have important stuff to do now.

3 Likes

Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by bukatyne(f): 11:43am On Nov 19, 2014
SirShymex:

And when did broke nyggahs start cheating? The only thing broke nyggahs have and use for stress relief is their wives' pum...cos there ain't no one checking for broke nyggahs out there. grin

However, these women have the world on their feet...and they could have opted for divorce, and run off with half of their husbands' wealth. But they never did that. They're classy women who understand the fact that imperfection is what makes us human. And that thought their decisions through, by looking at the bigger picture.

Only nasty and needy women think about wealth as the on glue that makes marriage work. Sometimes you just have to look at the bigger picture and what the institution represents, including the kids involved.

What advise do you have for men whose wives cheat?

3 Likes

Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by bukatyne(f): 11:45am On Nov 19, 2014
majekdom2:
cheating is not a Nigerian thing.

I have never heard it justified any where else like this undecided

Nigerian men (with Nigerian behaviors)! Tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by bukatyne(f): 11:48am On Nov 19, 2014
Odutodaiwa:

Madam mutter, may your days be long. I have a non submissive woman in my home now. Infact, I would be better of marrying an illiterate. You actually made so much sense with your advice on how to treat her husband. A lot of these our 21st century girls are made about these their women's right today. Very soon our communities will collapse like the african american community.

A white feminist woman teaches our girls that men and women have equal rights. Dem white feminists get back home and shower love on their husbands only for you black mugu to be shouting on your man. you say 10 things before he says one. Tell me any man who is will willin to cope with a nagging wife today.

So equal rights = shouting competition?

Do you shout at your mates at work or school?

If you are a tenant, all tenants have equal rights and obligations, do you scream at your neighbors?

1 Like

Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by bukatyne(f): 11:50am On Nov 19, 2014
saucechilli:

My dear, you can say it again. Mothers married to their sons instead of husbands. Once their sons have a baby, they pick up their Ghana must go bag heading for omugwo. Leaving the wandering blokus man of a husband. That kin life.

Pathetic

Very frustrated and jealous women.
Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by MadCow1: 11:51am On Nov 19, 2014
bukatyne:

So equal rights = shouting competition?

Do you shout at your mates at work or school?

If you are a tenant, all tenants have equal rights and obligations, do you scream at your neighbors?

Whats your point exactly?!

The guy say ehn wife dey hala for am, you dey talk about neighbours.
Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by MadCow1: 11:52am On Nov 19, 2014
Chiefpriest1:

Alusi ka ibu..

Okwu gi ku oto ka Amu..

I hereby declare the OP's problem solved..

1 Like

Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by pickabeau1: 11:56am On Nov 19, 2014
Have u gone to other forums aside NL

have u interacted closely with other nationalities

A prophet is not welcome in his home

At times it seems u hate everything nigerian

First u make fun of nigerian god, nigerian bible, nigerian men...

Just like the nigerians in diaspora who hate everything back home once they are opportuned to leave the shores of naija

undecided undecided

bukatyne:

I have never heard it justified any where else like this undecided

Nigerian men (with Nigerian behaviors)! Tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by bukatyne(f): 11:57am On Nov 19, 2014
MadCow1:

Whats your point exactly?!

The guy say ehn wife dey hala for am, you dey talk about neighbours.

He should not blame it on feminism undecided

Even some of the women who existed before the advent of feminism were disrespectful to their husbands.

1 Like

Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by MadCow1: 11:58am On Nov 19, 2014
bukatyne:

He should not blame it on feminism undecided

Even some of the women who existed before the advent of feminism were disrespectful to their husbands.

True That!

SO basically, ehn wife just get bad character. grin
Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by bukatyne(f): 11:58am On Nov 19, 2014
pickabeau1:
Have u gone to other forums aside NL

have u interacted closely with other nationalities

A prophet is not welcome in his home

undecided undecided

Bros,

I rebuked and rejected a 'Nigerian' man and God in His infinite mercy answered my prayers.

I have neither the strength nor time to cope with one
Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by bukatyne(f): 12:00pm On Nov 19, 2014
MadCow1:

True That!

SO basically, ehn wife just get bad character. grin

Exactly!

Wat's up with the Islamic section on NL? I wanted to compliment some dresses on one hijab thread and I saw confess you believe in Allah abc and I ran angry
Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by pickabeau1: 12:01pm On Nov 19, 2014
bukatyne:

Bros,

I rebuked and rejected a 'Nigerian' man and God in His infinite mercy answered my prayers.

I have neither the strength nor time to cope with one

ok...whatever works for u..

The nigerian man you married just happened to exist without any roots...

undecided
Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by urheme: 12:04pm On Nov 19, 2014
MadCow1:

A VB will only shake your kpekus vigorously and that's it.. Men are more than just 'live diicks'.. grin

The OP's matter is not peculiar to her alone. Many women are in this boat.

really?

do you think op will worry if he doesn't have a diick?

the earlier we stop worrying the better for us, men are getting worst by the day, women have to think of other things that gives them joy.
Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by peren: 12:04pm On Nov 19, 2014
These stories, make my single days precious. Marriage is like an emotional rollercoaster ride. OP i really do not know what to tell you, take heart be patient, love God, only with Grace can you forgive truly.
Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by MadCow1: 12:04pm On Nov 19, 2014
bukatyne:

Exactly!

Wat's up with the Islamic section on NL? I wanted to compliment some dresses on one hijab thread and I saw confess you believe in Allah abc and I ran angry

My reliable Sources informed me that Suen has been made an offer he couldnt possibly refuse to isolate the Muslim section from the rest of Nairaland..

So basically, you are free to enter any part of Nairaland except the area that houses the potentia Terrorists and Mujahadeens.. grin

The Isolation of the Muslim section of Nairaland should be a cause for National Security concerns.. angry

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

When Your Wife Is Taller Than You And You Need Support To Kiss Her (pic) / 70-year-old Herbalist With 57 Wives Sacks 8. "His Kids Sleeps With His Wives" / Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.