Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,777 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:03 AM

Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos (51081 Views)

Unbelievable Pictures Of University Of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, Kwara State / / Model College, Ojo Lagos (2006 Set) Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by Fringes(m): 8:11am On Nov 20, 2014
sunboy:
I remember Birch Freeman High school in Surulere was totally rebuilt by 80% private funds of the alumni, yes! that's the school Fashola attended too and was the president of the alumni then, nobody posted that in the media but the school's standard can boast with some first class private schools in Lagos in terms of infrastructure.

Eko boys high school is directly opposite Birch freeman , the state government has been disturbing the federal government to fix that school since Tinubu administration if I can remember because it's a federal school, this same school have one of the highest great personalities that finished from that school, what happened ? ? ? ?

Sentiment apart, there is a lot of schools in Lagos than any other state in this country, and I do not expect miracles, development I know is a gradual process which works faster when the top to the bottom holders are not corrupt. You don't expect the state to be omnipresent in the whole of the state at once instead we shouldn't have asked how many life have been touched so far? If this question proof more positive than negative then we should know It's gradually coming to touch everybody and vice versa.

Lastly, let's stop criticising on political divides.

sunboy's post is currently the last on this thread, but it exemplifies the phrase 'saving the best for last.'

God bless you Sunboy.

You were entirely on point. You should be 'Sun-man'. You've got the sun in you. May your sun never set.

Cheers!
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by fineyemi(m): 8:17am On Nov 20, 2014
thin:
Seems Fashola doesn't like Ojo grin cos almost every school from Badagry,Otto upward were rebuilt...or it's prolly the fault of the local government chairmanundecided
Its politics
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by radiance26(f): 9:09am On Nov 20, 2014
fineyemi:
Its politics
fashola is not a witch to see and know everything? Wat is the local govt Chairman doing?
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by willibounce1(m): 9:28am On Nov 20, 2014
Jokay07:
the time being wasted to capture those buildings would have and should have been diverted to something else that is profitable. You people have been trying to bring to light, the slip up of Fashola by even comparing him Akpabio just because the latter succeded in grounding a stadium. Well, it's good. But I see it as an act of foolishness cum ignorance, stupidity at its peak to expect a government be ye state or national level to transform the state/country within four years. Development has no peak, it's a w.i.p i.e, work in progress. Do u expect him to transform the entire lagos state to Dubai within 8 years? Come on, that's ridiculous. Think big. Don't loose the sight of it through hatred. I'm nt a fig fan of fashola, but uploading those pics on internet just to shoot down his reputation is what we called .................... Fill in the gap.

Don't defend rubbish. Are u a goat? Stop making excuses for these political thieves

2 Likes

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by willibounce1(m): 9:30am On Nov 20, 2014
sunboy:
Please don't blame Fashola only for that school, but blame the chairman LG( remember Ojo is a very big local government) and they make huge revenue, blame the school management too.
I used to read in that school during my undergraduate days because it was very close to my hostel, sometime ago I noticed some renovations going on, the rebuilt their fence while covers a long span and some classes were renovated which the OP ignored, even at that I have a feeling the state government is remitting for maintenance but some people are swallowing it and doing the very little things.
That local government is heavily corrupt abeg, even without state government intervention it is enough for the LGA and the Obas to renovate because they all benefitting heavily from the presence of Alaba.
Last bullet: I remember the chairman of the local government once put pictures of the newly renovated classes about 5 of them on guess, pictures of painted walls as u can see some on the OP picture, put them on a banner with his image and placed the banner in front of the LG entrance gate as an achievement sad

bottomline: I have a feeling that awori people naturally don't like development, they just like their primitive life style, like roads with tiny or better still no gutters at all, like houses without toilet, like waiting for foreigners like ibo and other yorubas to come develop their place for them etc.

Blame the LGA, Blame the school management. Make your findings well money for renovations are remitted.

Stop talking trash. The Govt of fashola and his APC LG chairmen is an evil govt.

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by Wordsmith(m): 9:42am On Nov 20, 2014
I think people fail to ignore the fact that if the attention of the state government is not called to issues by the presiding LGA chairman, no renovation or overhaul would be done. Generally i rate LASG low in terms of education and infrastructure meant for schools, there are areas they are more prominent in, but definitely not this. During my NYSC year, I was posted to a school (not in Lagos though, Ogun), and I got to know some of machinations that occur in the public school setting - the SGs do provide funds to LGAs to disburse to schools within their wards, textbooks and other utilities needed. Some part of the rot starts with the LGA Chairmen, then councillors within wards who pocket much of the funds needed by schools. It took Amosun distributing textbooks rather than the money to buy these textbooks to schools before some of the situation was rectified. Even at that, some complained since money that was meant for the textbooks didn't trickle down their pockets.

The rot is far more than we think.

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by ohimai83: 9:56am On Nov 20, 2014
elbinmanny:
rusbish...im an engineer..the life span of any component of a structure is suppose to last atleast 15 yrs before maintainance if it was properly built angry
you are an engineer indeed. so if I smash walls and break chairs and can't repair a part of a blown off roof, that is not poor maintenance. Do you wait for 15 years to renovate your own building? Bad maintenance culture is a bane in Nigeria. do you expect the government to be buying chairs and tables every year? where is the PTA and Alumni association? you are waiting for Fashola to come and fix only part of a blown off roof. Don't the students pay development dues? The Government can only perform periodic maintenance. The onus lies on the schools to ensure that the little the Government does is properly maintained.
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by asoebi(m): 10:46am On Nov 20, 2014
Government alone shouldn't take the blame. I'll also blame it on the student for their careless and inconsiderate attitude towards the maintenance of the school premises, and the teachers for not doing their duty of enforcing sanity.

A simple look at one of the picture with the inscription "EKO Project 2012/2013" is enough pointer to indicate that the school has experienced the intervention of the government recently. I'm not trying to defend Fashola's administration, but with a clear conscience would you blame the government for broken chairs littered all around, ceilings obviously destroyed and classroom looking tattered and dirty? or should we always expect government intervention on a yearly basis.

If you are familiar with Sari Iganmu Secondary school, you will understand what I'm talking about. It a school I've known before it was renovated and even after renovation. Try and visit the school and you would be surprised.
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by KKImoh: 11:32am On Nov 20, 2014
d skul look lyk carpenter workshop

2 Likes

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by anonimi: 12:27pm On Nov 20, 2014
radiance26:

fashola is not a witch to see and know everything? Wat is the local govt Chairman doing?

You owe the Lagos IRS on taxes and you will see whether Fashola knows everything or not sad

Abi how do you think they raised IGR from a meagre monthly average of about 600 Million Naira in 1999 to approximately 20.5 Billion Naira in 2013. That means the monthly collection in 2013 is almost three times the whole IGR for year 1999 of N 7.2 billion shocked Yet some clueless Lagosians are making excuses for the Akotileta (Prodigal son)

Madam Radiance,

Abeg na wetin you want make the LGA chairman do for inside this matter

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 20, 2014
Ape-Piss-Sh*t...CHANGE! This is what i call PROGRESSIVE! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by Bomi(m): 2:40pm On Nov 20, 2014
Let the truth be told! Fashola, Jonathan and the predecessor has no interest of common man at heart! How can Fashola justify building hanging bridge in Ikoyi for billion of Dollars and can not repair Ayobo road for upward of 16 years. Abrupt increase in LASU school fee and the rest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by elbinmanny(m): 2:48pm On Nov 20, 2014
ohimai83:

you are an engineer indeed. so if I smash walls and break chairs and can't repair a part of a blown off roof, that is not poor maintenance. Do you wait for 15 years to renovate your own building? Bad maintenance culture is a bane in Nigeria. do you expect the government to be buying chairs and tables every year? where is the PTA and Alumni association? you are waiting for Fashola to come and fix only part of a blown off roof. Don't the students pay development dues? The Government can only perform periodic maintenance. The onus lies on the schools to ensure that the little the Government does is properly maintained.
u are not making sense . There is wat we call buidability and maintainability in construction. Now tge structures have been raised..it boils down to maintanability. And for crying out load no matter how careless the school management could be...u can never find such level of decay with 2 yrs except the building was bombed or there was a fire outbreak which is not the case here. What im saying in esscence is that...the govt must have given the contract to incopetent friends to execute. Friends who wont take time to check if the area ia termit prone and put up measures to stop them from attacking tge wood members that could have caused the roof collapse..friends who wont give adequate reinforcement to concrete lintels , beams and coloumns...friends who wont check if the area is water logged...Fashola should do the right thing...and stop all these cheap projects he is awarding himself to compensate his pocket and those of his godfather tinubu and his political allies undecided

2 Likes

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by Objektive: 3:38pm On Nov 20, 2014
THIS IS PRESIDENT GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN'S FAULT. HE HAS BEEN DISTRACTING FASHOLA LATELY WITH HIS PRESIDENTIAL AMBITION.

DesertCommado:
Fashola uncommon educational transformation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by Curlieweed: 4:11pm On Nov 20, 2014
DesertCommado:
Mod front page

This man, you too wicked. You no dey go church? Single church mind you no get for janjawid progrethieves. You just dey open apeeeshit yansh anyhow.

Repent oh.

2 Likes

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by jaysniggs: 5:43pm On Nov 20, 2014
But damn! There are worse schools in the east, I'm refering to the ibos blaming Fashola here.
Trust me when I say this school is way better compared to some schools in Enugu and Anambra. Y'all should stop pointing fingers and applaud someone who made Lagos a habitable place for you.
Ungrateful biggots.
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by JANK23H(m): 7:49pm On Nov 20, 2014
xaggar:
it was my alma mater back in 1991-1996. i remember colleagues like julius ogbar, solomon tonpreyo, kemi john, ademola lawson, afokoghene paul enaye, kike afuwape, oluranti, uyi west osemwenkhae, victor enengedi, mr. fadahunsi (physics teacher), mr. bastinado, baba michael, micah oweta, zebulon olorunjeda, bunmi oke, anthony obi etc... i'm Maxwell O.
Chei.....see as you take me back to those days. I was there '93-'99 and remember some of those names.

BTW are you the same maxwell I know with bowlegs?....lol
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by Cutedunni(f): 10:05pm On Nov 20, 2014
not only their buildings oooo,some of their teachers are not working especially the some females,all they do is sit under the tree and talk throughout the whole day,and the do dat every day. Becos 1 of dem is "iyawo oga" they wouldnt go to class,leave all works to student teachers.av bin looking for an opportunity to report them.
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 20, 2014
do you think its government fault or that of the teachers and student!
If yu can see' u'll se dose classes were worked on btw 2012/2013. So government did deir job! Yu dont expect fashola to come and keep deir sxul in order! Do u?
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 20, 2014
missdebs:
dis government sef
do you think its government fault or that of the teachers and student!
If yu can see' u'll se dose classes were worked on btw 2012/2013. So government did deir job! Yu dont expect fashola to come and keep deir sxul in order! Do u?
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by spidey77: 10:30pm On Nov 20, 2014
Scrape d school. Full stop
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by rozayx5(m): 6:12am On Nov 21, 2014
arresa fcol your house is on fire and yiur laughing at another man repairing his own. you are still running from.this hread. you abagworo berem omenka and all fashola worshippers
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by busariabeyx24(m): 3:05pm On Nov 21, 2014
Chaiiii, this doesn't look like a school ☺º°˚˚°º☺, it looks like refugee camp in somalia. Fashola why Ω̴̩̩̩̥α ?
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by happydays1(m): 4:41pm On Nov 21, 2014
this is the change APC is all about. mtcheeewww!! GEJ till 2019 n beyond!
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by Lucasbalo(m): 9:36am On Nov 22, 2014
Symptoms of a third world country.
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by naijadrivablog: 4:22pm On Nov 13, 2020
xaggar:
it was my alma mater back in 1991-1996. i remember colleagues like julius ogbar, solomon tonpreyo, kemi john, ademola lawson, afokoghene paul enaye, kike afuwape, oluranti, uyi west osemwenkhae, victor enengedi, mr. fadahunsi (physics teacher), mr. bastinado, baba michael, micah oweta, zebulon olorunjeda, bunmi oke, anthony obi etc... i'm Maxwell O.
Lol. Na Awori College you attend?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fredrick Mensah: Ghana Teacher's Method Of Welcoming Pupils To Class Causes Stir / Think Twice Before Going For Masters Degree (m.sc) - Vincent Adeoba / Meet Ryan Kaji Who Is Highest Paid YouTuber In 2020 Raking In Whopping £22M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.