Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos (50441 Views)

Unbelievable Pictures Of University Of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, Kwara State / / Model College, Ojo Lagos (2006 Set) Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by Tymax(m): 6:05pm On Nov 19, 2014
There is no excuse for this kind of failure.

2 Likes

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by EbolaParasite: 6:09pm On Nov 19, 2014
okotv:
I have to say this...

While we complain about almost everything, we forget that we also have social responsibilities. This particular school has produced great and well known achievers but the school has been neglected by them. Ask your self this : what have I done or how much have I contributed to the development of my alma Mata While the government has its share, we also do, please always remember to show some love to your alma mata.

I beg to differ. If the government, can not maintain the school properly, what assurance do you have that your "hard earned money/assistance" will not go into someones' pocket. If you have a poor foundation, no amount of decoration, addition of cement, mortar, brick etc will save your house, it will eventually collapse. The government needs to do it's job. There is no excuse for this. People pay taxes in Lagos state. NO EXCUSE.

6 Likes

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by shadowwalker101: 6:11pm On Nov 19, 2014
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by humpito(m): 6:17pm On Nov 19, 2014
Too many uninformed comments on this thread. For crying out loud; Secondary schools are the exclusive responsibilities of the state government not local government. I don't know why u people derive so much joy in defending this Fashola of a man. Lagosians think. A state has just built a good stadium, yet his people have not idolised him like u have done to Fashola.
I don't know why u people see hell as paradise. Oba Akran and Awoloway way, which is where Alausa is, are completely flooded yet Fashola is working.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by PointB: 6:18pm On Nov 19, 2014
not4sure:
Some of those building was like 2 - 3 yrs old so let me tell you, it is just poor maintenance culture from either the student or you their teacher

The building or the painting?

Me think, the rot was covered up by the 'performing' governor with a generous dose of flowers paint! Fashola is a very good governor, he sure knows how to cover a big mess. hehehehe

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by condralbede(m): 6:19pm On Nov 19, 2014
This is Lagos cheesy Eko oni baje oooo....my dear berem I need ur comment here.

3 Likes

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by ooshinibos: 6:20pm On Nov 19, 2014
DesertCommado:
Fowl yansh don open

Sometimes you just wonder what our Governor and commisioners do all day , just imagine the state of this school ..the buildings school in war torn areas are much beter than this school...for a country with oil resources , Nigerians leader are the most wicked in the world and should be put to shame

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by ooshinibos: 6:23pm On Nov 19, 2014
humpito:
Too many uninformed comments on this thread. For crying out loud; Secondary schools are the exclusive responsibilities of the state government not local government. I don't know why u people derive so much joy in defending this Fashola of a man. Lagosians think. A state has just built a good stadium, yet his people have not idolised him like u have done to Fashola.
I don't know why u people see hell as paradise. Oba Akran and Awoloway way, which is where Alausa is, are completely flooded yet Fashola is working.

I join you bruv , a typical Nigerian cannot recognised good or bad government , thats why we dont have good government ..

3 Likes

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by kaywiluv(f): 6:25pm On Nov 19, 2014
Can u imagine, I was there yesterday and ℓ̊ didn't even notice the structures.

Student and 9ja government
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by y2kplus: 6:27pm On Nov 19, 2014
I observe that there are still students on site meaning this school is still operational. However, does the school not have allocation for maintenance? Because if it does, the school should be held liable for letting the whole school get to this deplorable state.
That said, the State Government should move swiftly to redress the situation in the first instance and ask questions later. The buildings do not look conducive for learning. Governor Fashola and his public eyes should take this matter seriously. Action! Action!! Action!!!

As for the person who brought these pictures to the attention of Nigerians (or the world), I say many thanks. This is what social network is all about. Social Networks have the good, the bad and their ugly sides. This is the good. I am sure if necessary refurbishment is made, the originator of these images should take the credit.

Many thanks again to Nairaland for making this front page.

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by GreatFatherson: 6:35pm On Nov 19, 2014
There are always two sides to every story. Can those who view Gov Fashola more favorably than most of the previous posters please give us the other side of this story to make us more informed.
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by johnonyi: 6:36pm On Nov 19, 2014
is this 4 real?.
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by Eziachi: 6:39pm On Nov 19, 2014
Nigeria biggest handicap, lack of culture of maintenance in full display.
From the picture, you can easily see that this school was well built and equipped but had been left to rot by the school and lack of maintenance plan on the part of previous and present governments.

Nigerian rulers are quick to build new things, when a similar old one is in a state of despair. Who still remembers the once pride and joy of Nigeria sports fans- The National Stadium at Sururlere? Now mostly occupied by rodents. Instead of repairing it, they rather spend another billions building new one in Abuja and abandoned Surulere .
In my school days in the old East, we use to have PWD, whose sole job is to look after all public facilities and infrastructures including schools and it's facilities.
Then school heads are required to keep record and inventory of their school facilities, which get inspected every six months. If a slight damage in dictated, it is then fixed with days.
School buildings are painted every minimum two years. Laboratory equipments are checked annually, either to repair damaged ones or replace the outdated ones.

Even a dash of paint, few landscaping effort, and few repairs, here and there can easily transform this school again. How can a school head come to this place every single day with some roof blown off without alerting the education department or the local school authorities? Who is in charged?
Some may be calling for the governor now but this is why you appoint commissioners, assistants, departmental heads. It's the governor and his government job to have a laid down policy and procedure by which public properties are protected and maintained, which those he appointed to work with follows and in the event of this nature-heads rolls.
What is the job of the state legislatures? How many bills have they passed in relation to protection and maintenance of public properties, including schools? Probably none.
And they claimed to be in a democracy? Democracy is not just about going through elections. It is what you do after the elections with your mandate.
This a failure of the Nigeria as a people and culture of no one is responsible, rather than a failure of the present government in power because kids that goes to this school has parents. How can they see their kids taught in this kind of environment and kept mute, year after years, who is the legislator that represent this area, someone is paid monthly as the supervisory councilor for works and education.

4 Likes

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by anonimi: 6:44pm On Nov 19, 2014
kelechiMarie:
sadbut what is the LGA chairman doing?Do they just collect allowances and leave all developmental projects to the state?

madam please permit me to remind you that this is a secondary school, which is NOT the constitutional responsibility of the LGA but rather that of the state governor, a certain Alhaji Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN

[img]http://3.bp..com/-o3LKtffqExY/VDsAny6e9tI/AAAAAAADrXA/hlz7dIkNXTo/s1600/4.jpg[/img]

I am actually surprised you (or someone else) did not say yet that it is the president's fault shocked

4 Likes

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by olucoded(m): 6:46pm On Nov 19, 2014
At least the LG chairman (as well as the school principal) should report this decay to Alausa, then we can blame Alausa for something that is happening in Ojo.
kelechiMarie:
sadbut what is the LGA chairman doing?Do they just collect allowances and leave all developmental projects to the state?
yes oo!

Jinyjagz:
d school is nt dat bad compare to others, went dere last week...blame d school management nt fashola
School management has the responsibility of reporting the state of these facilities to the state government NOT to come post pix here on Nairaland as if nairaland is Alausa.
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 19, 2014
Hello Gurus in the house,
There is this Facebook campaign group for my
boss, a guber aspirant with over 13,000 members.
The 'Judas' whom we trusted as to allow create
the group has been compromised. He suddenly
stripped off all the group's Admin: I, my boss, our
campaign Org's DG and that of a party Chieftain,
leaving himself as the sole Admin. Just last week,
he went further to ban all the aforementioned
from the group.
Now, all he & his fellow ingrates of a team does
is character assassination, spreading lies & false
propaganda, and all sorry of falsehood &insults to
the person of my boss. He deletes and ban any
member who posts anything positive, counter his
lies and/or ask questions on why his sudden u-
turn.
My Boss, the guber aspirant is this kind of 'God
knows best' humble and peace loving kinda
person so he vehemently dismissed the idea of
taken legal action when we have every proof to
sue 'Mr Judas' Bottom for libel, slander and
defamation of character.
So pls if there is anyone who can re-hijack and
restore back our admin rights or outrightly wipe
the group off Facebook, holla so we can negotiate
a deal pls. Or if there's anyone with a tool/
software that can achieve same, so i can know
how much you ate willing to sell it and tutor me
so I can go about it myself...Gracias Amigos!
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by nobilie: 6:50pm On Nov 19, 2014
I saw a block built 2012/2013 with damaged roofs(just 2 yrs?). I knew something went wrong until i saw boys playing foot ball. My take is, lagos state govt must stop the use of school compounds as a football pitch.

4 Likes

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by jamace(m): 6:51pm On Nov 19, 2014
DesertCommado:
Fashola is the best governor
grin grin grin Up Fashola. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by okotv(m): 6:52pm On Nov 19, 2014
EbolaParasite:

I beg to differ. If the government, can not maintain the school properly, what assurance do you have that your "hard earned money/assistance" will not go into someones' pocket. If you have a poor foundation, no amount of decoration, addition of cement, mortar, brick etc will save your house, it will eventually collapse. The government needs to do it's job. There is no excuse for this. People pay taxes in Lagos state. NO EXCUSE.

your opinion though and I respect it...

thank you
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by anonimi: 6:53pm On Nov 19, 2014
olucoded:
At least the LG chairman (as well as the school principal) should report this decay to Alausa, then we can blame Alausa for something that is happening in Ojo.

yes oo!

School management has the responsibility of reporting the state of these facilities to the state government NOT to come post pix here on Nairaland as if nairaland is Alausa.

Oga abeg, shey you be winch ni, abi pastor/ prophet/ imam/ oluwo wey dey see vision well well to sabi sey people never report the DECAYED and DECAYING structures to Alausa
Make you tell us now, who knows you fit dey get plenty plenty clients to come see you for "seeing" consultations grin grin

BTW, make I thank our dear Citizen Reporter, the Original Poster aka OP for this expose on the hardworking governor of the "State of Excellence" who was being praised to high heavens on this thread about his SPEECH making on Governing Urban Futures angry

https://www.nairaland.com/2000577/fashola-urban-age-conf-delhi

[img]http://4.bp..com/-Sd527hw3UUI/VGoR3LZHHHI/AAAAAAAAFO4/E6qD9mUKF_0/s1600/PIC%2BONEE.JPG[/img]
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by bowee4u: 6:55pm On Nov 19, 2014
gift01:
Ojo Local Government is the most corrupt LG in Lagos. The Alaba road can never be repaired despite the HUGE REVENUE it generates for the LG. This isn't surprising that Awori is left to decay. I just pray they won't sell off the land over there as they've done to every available space in Ojo & Alaba. Unless the election is rigged, APC can't win ojo and pls don't take this personal. Its due to their non-performance. If you doubt me, just tour ojo, alaba and ajangbadi.
Even ikotun and Ejigbo is lost already by the so progressive, no road is motorable.

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by Iboboiz93(m): 7:01pm On Nov 19, 2014
gift01:
Ojo Local Government is the most corrupt LG in Lagos. The Alaba road can never be repaired despite the HUGE REVENUE it generates for the LG. This isn't surprising that Awori is left to decay. I just pray they won't sell off the land over there as they've done to every available space in Ojo & Alaba. Unless the election is rigged, APC can't win ojo and pls don't take this personal. Its due to their non-performance. If you doubt me, just tour ojo, alaba and ajangbadi.
bro you are spot on, The road to alaba is just too bad, at times I begin to wonder if we have a local govt. Here,

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by popson1st: 7:03pm On Nov 19, 2014
okotv:
I have to say this...

While we complain about almost everything, we forget that we also have social responsibilities. This particular school has produced great and well known achievers but the school has been neglected by them. Ask your self this : what have I done or how much have I contributed to the development of my alma Mata While the government has its share, we also do, please always remember to show some love to your alma mata.

Good point but this can only be said of a developed nations or nations where their government provides the platform.

Ask yourself.. What has the government done to improve your standard of living?

Be it PDP, APC or whatever.. They are bunch of looters..

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by MadCow1: 7:06pm On Nov 19, 2014
[b]Okay...

This gives me cause for concern on two fronts;

Government/Agency that built those structures:: The stamps on those walls read 2012/2013.. Thats less than 3 yrs ago. The state of those building show that the initial work was very sub-standard and not well thought out.. Look at the buildings especially the toilets.. JESUS!!! Who builds such things in 2012/13? Even by 2005 standards, those buildings are sub-standard.. The contractor should be in jail right now..

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1874883_img2014111800146_jpeg1b27de443b457a0f860e5adcdaaa187b

That is the interior of a classroom built in 2012.. And the government paid for it.. angry

The End Users::: Students, alumni and teachers.. Students destroyed those desks, marked those walls and defaced the building.. Teachers did nothing about it (preventative nor replacement wise). The PTA also seem to not give a Fhuck about the state of their kids schools and the Alumni seems none existence.[/b]

5 Likes

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by anonimi: 7:09pm On Nov 19, 2014
Iboboiz93:
bro you are spot on, The road to alaba is just too bad, at times I begin to wonder if we have a local govt. Here,

Given the population CONCENTRATION of Igbo people in that area, it shows that you are ALL politically lazy not to have at least an Igbo LGA Councillor to REPRESENT your interest, particularly given the % of the IGR for the LGA that comes from you guys.
Perhaps you are very happy to simply complain and complain and even complain more.

Time to strategise and act is now........not tomorrow!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by anonimi: 7:11pm On Nov 19, 2014
popson1st:

Good point but this can only be said of a developed nations or nations where their government provides the platform.

Ask yourself.. What has the government done to improve your standard of living?

Be it PDP, APC or whatever.. They are bunch of looters..

So HOW do you think WE can stop them from being a "bunch of looters"
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by olucoded(m): 7:16pm On Nov 19, 2014
MadCow1:
Okay...

This gives me cause for concern on two fronts;

Government/Agency that built those structures:: The stamps on those walls read 2012/2013.. Thats less than 3 yrs ago. The state of those building show that the initial work was very sub-standard and not well thought out.. Look at the buildings especially the toilets.. JESUS!!! Who builds such things in 2012/13? Even by 2005 standards, those buildings are sub-standard.. The contractor should be in jail right now..

The End Users::: Students, alumni and teachers.. Students destroyed those desks, marked those walls and defaced the building.. Teachers did nothing about it (preventative nor replacement wise). The PTA also seem to not give a Fhuck about the state of their kids schools and the Alumni seems none existence.
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by anonimi: 7:16pm On Nov 19, 2014
gift01:

Forget that one, the Arewa People's Congress, APC are master riggers hence the LGA elections organised by them na 101% dem dey win shocked
Even the one wey Comrade Governor bin organise.
And it does not matter whether there is video evidence or not as was the case in Badagry LGA =>

[url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2W9iuKYbFc][/url]

Uploaded on Oct 30, 2011
This is a mobile phone video of the announcement of PDP as winners of the Badagry Central Local Government Elections with over 7000 votes. LASIEC Chairman, Justice Adeyinka later announced a different result. The lady speaking in the video is the LASIEC Returning Officer for Badagry Central on Saturday 22nd October, 2011.
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by popson1st: 7:23pm On Nov 19, 2014
anonimi:

So HOW do you think WE can stop them from being a "bunch of looters"

#TeamRevolution.

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by anonimi: 7:31pm On Nov 19, 2014
popson1st:

#TeamRevolution.

Enu dun ro efo = Talk is CHEAP.
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by Pennyways: 7:31pm On Nov 19, 2014
when things couldn't work, it couldn't work. just as Fashola and APC couldn't work, though making noise like an empty polyethylene bag on the streets of Nigeria

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Pays Students SIWES Allowance / Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) / Pastor Ibiyeomie Donates A Public School In Rivers (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.