Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,718 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:38 AM

Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. (66482 Views)

Houseboy Injures Spinal Cord Peeping At Madam Bathing / Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. / Effects Of Bathing With Hot/warm Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by bilaya(m): 11:48pm On Nov 24, 2014
I use sponge at night but not in the morning.

1 Like

Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by Onyi4live(m): 12:40am On Nov 25, 2014
Bathing whiteout sponge hmm nawao.. U never start naw... Do u know what it was like... Like chei my body is huummm...
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by Ndipe(m): 3:13am On Nov 25, 2014
after scrubbing my body, I use a washcloth.
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by AdeniyiA(m): 5:27am On Nov 25, 2014
nvnnyz:
Shyting on rocks and shyting in WC, which is better
shot put is the best cheesy
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by ukandi1(m): 6:10am On Nov 25, 2014
FLYGERIAN91:
pls be specific on the kind of "SOUP" you use..... In nigeria, we have alot...... Do u use okra soup or egusi soup or u perhaps use affang soup since the leaves might nourish your skin....

i laugh so tay, one nut almost comot from my head oh..
Chai....
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by ukandi1(m): 6:11am On Nov 25, 2014
FLYGERIAN91:
pls be specific on the kind of "SOUP" you use..... In nigeria, we have alot...... Do u use okra soup or egusi soup or u perhaps use affang soup since the leaves might nourish your skin....

i laugh so tay one nut almost comot from my head oh...
Chai....
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by tman4real21(m): 7:08am On Nov 25, 2014
Diffdeef:
As much as there're lots of people that bathe with sponges,have also come across people who don't bathe with sponges.

Quite a close friend of mine recently told me he doesn't bathe with sponge and I never knew all this while,he just gently rubs his preferred soap on his body and then washes it off with water,I was like I can never bathe without using a sponge,guess everybody's used to what they tend to always do.

But bathing with a sponge & without a sponge,which is better? Some say bathing with a sponge is better because it kind of removes more dirts by its scrubbing technique,but most foreign movies I watch,in scenes of an individual taking a bath I hardly see the individual using a sponge,it's like some use soap and some don't even use it at all,just showering,however the case may be,I will always go for sponges,how do you take your own bath?
it depends.. If u ar using a bathing tub nd u intend to spend time bathing, u may end up removing al the dirty on ur body. Bt if it is just 10 mins bath, abeg use sponge b4 u go hear am.
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by Usherseun(m): 7:48am On Nov 25, 2014
Jennydoris:
I don't use sponge at all. Any day I will try that I will end up giving myself a scratch for like 10 minutes after leaving the bathroom because my whole body will be itching. So I make use of soft cloth.
şāmę wţ mę too
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by etebongibekwe: 7:51am On Nov 25, 2014
hey, am a roadside mechanic, and my friends are terminators and bricklayers etc. so we are for sponges
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by tejpot(m): 8:31am On Nov 25, 2014
Not that i hate sponge but i didn't use sponge for a cumulative of 3years and I didn't see any difference. So I adopted the style. What more could be a proof?
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by babs01(m): 8:51am On Nov 25, 2014
The last time i used sponge was when I was in high scu, ever since I go spongeless
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 25, 2014
Amefrica:
I'm the only guy that uses sponge in my house.. My other housemates (tho Canadians) just use soap and wash it off.. embarassed
The weather and atmosphere there is almost dirt free, Canada has clean environment, etc. Plus people there have soft, tender skin and they don't sweat much(courtesy the cold), that is why they use no sponge, only soap.
But in Nigeria, with all the dirty for road, the dust during harmattan, the hot sun making you sweat profusely, and the hustling wey go make u develope tough, rough skin, why pesin no go use sponge.
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by benodese(m): 9:35am On Nov 25, 2014
Fabdedon:
hmm should i say in Nigeria u need scrubbing if possible with scrubing brush... Cos d germs are responsible for causing eczema.. So just rubbing d body with soap and rinsing off wount do d job....
My cos told me he doesnt use sponge and ah was like what d Fvck....he was like if i do dat i get rashes and it even cause im itching...hmmm
. Some its even cos of pimples... Its believed scrubing d face would act like makin d pimples surface..

[size=18pt]To everyone who talks about using sponge to wash and scrubbing and sandpapering away dirt on your body, can you simply explain how you towel gets dirty at the end of the day ? Please! [/size]
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by Godmother(f): 10:01am On Nov 25, 2014
abokikhalifa:
some of the thing you see on movies heppen in reallife.

Yes, but most are make-belief and I don't think we need to take them to heart.
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by Godmother(f): 10:10am On Nov 25, 2014
FLYGERIAN91:
then why is it that after bathing and supposedly # SCRUBBING OFF THE DIRT# when we use white towels to wipe our bodies, the towels get dirty??

Cos nothing is ever 100% sure. But isn't it better to at least be closer to 100%?
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 25, 2014
Largas:

The weather and atmosphere there is almost dirt free, Canada has clean environment, etc. Plus people there have soft, tender skin and they don't sweat much(courtesy the cold), that is why they use no sponge, only soap.
But in Nigeria, with all the dirty for road, the dust during harmattan, the hot sun making you sweat profusely, and the hustling wey go make u develope tough, rough skin, why pesin no go use sponge.

Hahaha! I agree 101% ...the oxygen you even breathe here is just too fresh. I only sweat when I hit the gym or dress in layers before stepping outta the house and of course yes, when I mistakenly add too much atagigun (ground-pepper) to my food. grin

I used to be super dark while in Nigeria, but now I'm noticing changes in my skin, all the skin irritation I developed in Naija don dey clear. Now, I will say I'm now 'chocolate' not black as charcoal I used to be..

grin grin
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 25, 2014
Amefrica:

Hahaha! I agree 101% ...the oxygen you even breathe here is just too fresh. I only sweat when I hit the gym or dress in layers before stepping outta the house and of course yes, when I mistakenly add too much atagigun (ground-pepper) to my food. grin

I used to be super dark while in Nigeria, but now I'm noticing changes in my skin, all the skin irritation I developed in Naija don dey clear. Now, I will say I'm now 'chocolate' not black as charcoal I used to be..

grin grin
Oh dammit. See testimony. Canada is the place to be. *prepares his student visa*.grin
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 25, 2014
Largas:

Oh dammit. See testimony. Canada is the place to be. *prepares his student visa*.grin

Hehehe I'm telling you..
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 25, 2014
Amefrica:

Hehehe I'm telling you..
Are their babes as stunning and hot as Americans?grin I've never seen them in movies so I ask.
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 25, 2014
Largas:

Are their babes as stunning and hot as Americans?grin I've never seen them in movies so I ask.

Hmmm, that's a tricky and hard question. You know America has alotta Black girls (dayumm too hot) Black girls here are minority, they're not much, and they're hot too. But the white girls here no wan gree, these people sexy die and they go after African guys grin Leaving the African girls at the point of nowhere. grin grin

One Canadian girl told me that, one Nigerian girl called her and her friends slutty bitches because they're going after Nigerian guys meant for them.. I was just cracking up, these Nigerian/African girls for my school here sabi form eh chaii smh!
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 25, 2014
Amefrica:

Hmmm, that's a tricky and hard question. You know America has alotta Black girls (dayumm too hot) Black girls here are minority, they're not much, and they're hot too. But the white girls here no wan gree, these people sexy die and they go after African guys grin Leaving the African girls at the point of nowhere. grin grin

One Canadian girl told me that, one Nigerian girl called her and her friends slutty bitches because they're going after Nigerian guys meant for them.. I was just cracking up, these Nigerian/African girls for my school here sabi form eh chaii smh!
Bwahahahaha. Bro, you need to see me laughing. You'd think I inhaled laughing gas. Those Nigerian girls think they're still in Nigeria where guys go dey fight for them, guy go dey on top their matter for months still begging for just one date, they've now met tight competition. It's all good. Enjoy your life mate and get the quality education you're paying for. I'll join you for my PostGraduate.
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 25, 2014
Largas:

Bwahahahaha. Bro, you need to see me laughing. You'd think I inhaled laughing gas. Those Nigerian girls think they're still in Nigeria where guys go dey fight for them, guy go dey on top their matter for months still begging for just one date, they've now met tight competition. It's all good. Enjoy your life mate and get the quality education you're paying for. I'll join you for my PostGraduate.

It's the other way round over here lmao grin We nor dey too look them side, na friend zone we dey put them, so as not to make them feel they're unimportant because na same country we come from.

A Canadian girl would go an extra mile to hang out with you. Na dem dey spoil market for 9ja girls. Need I to say, winter is here and it's getting supercold day by day, some of them needa lubricate their worn out machines.

I don't mean to sound offensive tho, they're reaping what they use our eyes see back home. We don't actually give 2 bleeps about them here..

With all said and done, I still wanna end up with a Nigerian girl grin grin

See you soon!
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by Fabdedon(m): 7:21pm On Nov 25, 2014
vicchi12:

Germs don't cause eczema.
thank you plenty what den cause it.
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 25, 2014
Amefrica:

It's the other way round over here lmao grin We nor dey too look them side, na friend zone we dey put them, so as not to make them feel they're unimportant because na same country we come from.

A Canadian girl would go an extra mile to hang out with you. Na dem dey spoil market for 9ja girls. Need I to say, winter is here and it's getting supercold day by day, some of them needa lubricate their worn out machines.

I don't mean to sound offensive tho, they're reaping what they use our eyes see back home. We don't actually give 2 bleeps about them here..

With all said and done, I still wanna end up with a Nigerian girl grin grin

See you soon!
The're getting served right. Life na turn by turn. Oyibo people make relationships easy, naija babes make it difficult gringrin. My nigggggurgringringringrin. We flirt around and sample girls around the globe and marry our kind. I still wanna end up with Naija babe too.
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 25, 2014
Largas:

The're getting served right. Life na turn by turn. Oyibo people make relationships easy, naija babes make it difficult gringrin. My nigggggurgringringringrin. We flirt around and sample girls around the globe and marry our kind. I still wanna end up with Naija babe too.

Hahahaha that's the spirit!
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by mployer(m): 9:23pm On Nov 25, 2014
UjSizzle:

Do you get a kick from being silly? smiley

Sweet dreams dear.

...love youuu kiss
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by raphy(m): 9:44pm On Nov 25, 2014
#teamironsponge ,u know why i love iron sponge?its cuz it makes u look clean .
some ppl that there hands are not long enough to scrub there back will go for the toilet brush with long hands.
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by drololaaof: 11:02pm On Nov 25, 2014
Using sponge or not is semantic ,do you use sponge to wash ya hand?NO THOSE in arid land ,where there is drought and famine or those incaserated do they use sponge? No.it is like those using the tooth brush to clean their throat or tongue
If you wash your body with or without spounge for 1-2 hours then rub behind your ankle dirth will still come out
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by vicchi12(f): 12:52am On Nov 26, 2014
Fabdedon:
thank you plenty what den cause it.
Bacteria, fungi, viruses trigger it, but the cause is unknown

1 Like

Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by Sholah96(m): 9:38am On Nov 26, 2014
Sponge or no sponge, both are almost if not the same. Have u tried no sponge bathing? Try one, put one a white shirt on dat day to check its effect. What happens to the polo and armpit of the shirt after some sweating? Is it similar to using sponge?
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by james3xp(m): 9:55am On Nov 26, 2014
Jennydoris:
I don't use sponge at all. Any day I will try that I will end up giving myself a scratch for like 10 minutes after leaving the bathroom because my whole body will be itching. So I make use of soft cloth.

same here...its a skin condition called aquagenic pruritus. u can use sponge once in a while, using hot or warm water also helps
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by annibro(f): 4:29pm On Nov 26, 2014
benodese:

[size=18pt]To everyone who talks about using sponge to wash and scrubbing and sandpapering away dirt on your body, can you simply explain how you towel gets dirty at the end of the day ? Please! [/size]
The remaining 2% dirt on d body after a sponge scrub is responsible 4d dirt on d towel after maybe one week of use whereas d 30% dirt left on d body after a soap bath makes d towel dirty in less dan 3 days.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria / Tembu Ebere 'Goes Blind' During Bizarre Attempt To Break 'GWR' Crying For 7 Days / Wuhan Pool Party In China Sparks Outrage Amidst Covid-19 - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.