Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,937 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires (42782 Views)

Jonathan Seeks Support Of Yoruba Leaders To Get More South-West Votes / Okonjo-Iweala On Forbes List Of Most Powerful Women Of 2012 (pix) / Yoruba Man, Hausa Man, But No Biafran, On Forbes List. . . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires by Abagworo(m): 1:13am On Nov 20, 2014
abbakacici:
Wow first what wrong with our igbo neighbours, celebrating a corrupted Politician because he is one of them, may be that ways 80% love GEJ and funny enough he other way around that is A yaruba or hausa governor make the forbes list, the igbo will not allow people rest.
1) Orji Kalu former Abia Governor make the Forbes list, while his state is one of the poorest and less developed state in Nigeria and the worst state in south. furthermore Abia state have the highest number its indigenes living outside the state, with one the largest market in west Africa still the state has one highest unemployment rate in Nigeria while Kalu largest investment is in Gambia
2) Tony Elumelu was given Standard Trust Bank almost for free.

am not saying only Igbo make money illegal, immorality or unethical because almost 95% of world billionaires make their money in similarly but the question is why are celebrating them.

Abia State is one of the States with least unemployment rate. It is the State with lowest poverty rate in Nigeria. Abia indigenes are hardly seen outside. Anambra and Imo make up far majority of Igbos outside tbeir State. Abia has the 2nd highest per capita income in Nigeria after Rivers. Orji Kalu had several factories and gas stations in Abia even before he became Governor. Pictures of dirty streets does not translate to reality on ground. It only shows failure in environmental department of governance.

14 Likes

Re: More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires by cheruv: 2:01am On Nov 20, 2014
waternogetemeny:
Just a little move and Ibeto will up-stage Dangote. We got that move, my Brothers let us work as a team again.

Igbo Kwenu! Anambra Kwenu, Abia Kwenu, Imo Kwenu, Enugu Kwenu, Ebonyi Kwenu, Anioma Kwenu!

Igbo Kwenu! igbo kwezonu!

GEJ TILL 2019
we MUST never leave the western Igbos behind

2 Likes

Re: More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires by Descartes: 2:16am On Nov 20, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

Ogwu ego.
As usual angry
Always trying hard to paint the Ndigbos black angry

1 Like

Re: More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires by Descartes: 2:21am On Nov 20, 2014
Abagworo:

Abia State is one of the States with least unemployment rate. It is the State with lowest poverty rate in Nigeria. Abia indigenes are hardly seen outside. Anambra and Imo make up far majority of Igbos outside tbeir State. Abia has the 2nd highest per capita income in Nigeria after Rivers. Orji Kalu had several factories and gas stations in Abia even before he became Governor. Pictures of dirty streets does not translate to reality on ground. It only shows failure in environmental department of governance.

Very true cool

Anambra mainly in Lagos ;Imo and Enugu in Abuja,

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires by Nobody: 3:16am On Nov 20, 2014
I am surprised people are talking about Forbes list when Ventures Africa magazine last week published a more reputable list. There are more Igbo billionaires on that list.

Here is the link http://richlist.ventures-africa.com/

Billioniares of Igbo origin on the list are

1) Prince Arthur Eze $5.8 Billion

2) Cletus M. Ibeto $3.7 Billion

3) Jim Ovia $2.3 Billion

4) Tony Elumelu $1.6 Billion

5) ABC Orjiako $1.2 Billion

6) Emmanuel Ojei $1.2 Billion

7) Akanimo Udofia $1.0 Billion

Note that this list doesnt have Orji Uzo kalu and co

3 Likes

Re: More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires by cindelite: 3:35am On Nov 20, 2014
NAIJASOM:
I am surprised people are talking about Forbes list when Ventures Africa magazine last week published a more reputable list. There are more Igbo billionaires on that list.

Here is the link http://richlist.ventures-africa.com/

Billioniares of Igbo origin on the list are

1) Prince Arthur Eze $5.8 Billion

2) Cletus M. Ibeto $3.7 Billion

3) Jim Ovia $2.3 Billion

4) Tony Elumelu $1.6 Billion

5) ABC Orjiako $1.2 Billion

6) Emmanuel Ojei $1.2 Billion

7) Akanimo Udofia $1.0 Billion

Note that this list doesnt have Orji Uzo kalu and co

Jim ovia is not igbo he's from edo state elemelu and ojei are not igbos either they are delta, they are like stephen keshi, they might have igboid names but that don't make them igbo and they don't see themselves as igbo either

1 Like

Re: More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires by Descartes: 3:44am On Nov 20, 2014
cindelite:

Jim ovia is not igbo he's from edo state elemelu and ojei are not igbos either they are delta, they are like stephen keshi, they might have igboid names but that don't make them igbo and they don't see themselves as igbo either

Do you know that there are Igbos in Edo? undecided

9 Likes

Re: More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires by Tokunbohkinibig: 4:20am On Nov 20, 2014
@all Yorubas, stop arguing with Igbos here, isn't obvious they are deluded? Yes It is my brother. C'mon Odua guyz, naturally, what does this kind of thread tells you when you come across one? The answer is quite straight forward, it tells you that Igbos are dreaming of being in this same position with Yorubas and Hausas/Fulanis who are already far out of or above their league.

Naturally, humans only compare or compete with someone or group of people who is/are far better than them which is exactly what we are having here bro. This kind of thread only depicts how average Ibos have been abused psycologically and morally by their progenitors. In as much as he/she is from the East, let he/she steals our collective wealth without us raising an eyesbrow and of course allow them to use d same collective wealth to build small companies/businesses in all the same regions where our properties were confiscated/annexed or stolen before, equally ensure these businesses are situated outside our region/land and ensure that our children are always on the run, out of our land to a more prosperous and blessed Nation-Odua and Arewa where opportunities are abound/lie.

Have you noticed how they have chosen not to mention their ibo millionaires in oil industry simply cos those ones are yet to make it big in that industry? but let me quickly assure you that as soon as one ibo emerges from that sector of Nigeria economy as a billionaire on Forbes, their story would naturally change to a self glorification u know and this story of Yorubas and hausas are making money out of Niger deltan region would not rear Its ugly head again.

is it not shocking and heart-trending to see the same Ibos turning a blind eyes to their overnight billionaire governor who stole d destinies of their future generation while screaming our ownTinubu name all over d place as a thief? So What are we going to call Orji Uzo Kalu? I guess a good businessman like Dangote or Adenuga, Akande or Fenandes right. Funny jews. But wait o Tokunbo, u shouldn't be surprised anymore, going by Nigeria history, is not d same people who killed the political elites of other people-tribes on the account of corruption but ensure their own politicians at Central level for dat matter was left untouched? Is not d same people who are caught as coupists but taken to be kept in d East simply cos d president then was from d same tribe? Hmmmmmmmm!!! Loads of undilluted facts on our tables, isn't it? Yes It's bro and these facts are d reason Why this question is being asked; who should be d one among all d existing tribes in Nigeria to apologise to others for d killing of their political heroes? Ibos of course.

To be honest, having read and understood Nigerian history from genuine sources not the one from some bigoted world renowned ......., i now understand the rationale behind the Hausas/Fulanis' reactions in d 60s, Yes i do now bro if i wasn't before. And i think United Nation and western world are on d same page with me on dese issues of civil war and of course d pogrom in d 60s. And that is why d genocide rhetorics did not fly a bit for one day.

Igbos are like Ghana flexing her muscle against/with a bigger and better nation-Nigeria.

14 Likes

Re: More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires by arresa: 4:28am On Nov 20, 2014
^^^^^ Talk about shallow people with low self esteem and insecurity...

8 Likes

Re: More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires by Nobody: 5:27am On Nov 20, 2014
cindelite:

jim ovia won igbo banker of the year some years bk

7 Likes

Re: More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires by kettykin: 5:30am On Nov 20, 2014
The people who thought that with the 20 pounds policy and the seizure of the landed property of igbos some 44 years ago they will bury the financial destiny of igbos are mad and surprised they are asking how oji kalu made it when they collaborated to close his airline

10 Likes

Re: More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:33am On Nov 20, 2014
Descartes:

As usual angry
Always trying hard to paint the Ndigbos black angry
Are you blind? The OP said Igbo rich men are not oil mogul like others. What do they do to earn their money?

1 Like

Re: More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires by kettykin: 5:34am On Nov 20, 2014
presher:
jim ovia won igbo banker of the year some years bk
Some people want to choose who becomes igbo when they feel like, notice it was same set of lunatics that cried that the Nzeogwu coup was an igbo coup even when 2 yorubas and a Tiv was involved.
To them Nzeogwu the coup planner is igbo but elumelu and ovia the bankers are not igbos.

16 Likes

Re: More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires by Nobody: 5:40am On Nov 20, 2014
kettykin:

Some people want to choose who becomes igbo when they feel like, notice it was same set of lunatics that cried that the Nzeogwu coup was an igbo coup even when 2 yorubas and a Tiv was involved.
To them Nzeogwu the coup planner is igbo but elumelu and ovia the bankers are not igbos.
most delta igbos are proud igbos,jim ovia and elumelu are pro igbo.dnt mind people that try to create division among igbos

8 Likes

Re: More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires by bruno419(m): 5:41am On Nov 20, 2014
its a good thing for the nd their families...
are my to celebrate it

how many billionaires in one country yet we cant boast of steady power supply...

check out most african countries like mozambique can boast of steady power supply yet u OP expect us to celebrate billionaires who are not doing the needful...

f.uck their money,

2 Likes

Re: More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:44am On Nov 20, 2014
cindelite:

Jim Ovia, Emmanuel Ojei and Tony Elumelu are all Igbo from Agbor in Delta state (same place as Major Chukwuma Nzeogwu). Jim Ovia is not from Edo please.

8 Likes

Re: More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires by Nobody: 5:49am On Nov 20, 2014
cindelite:

Word of advice, do some reasearch before you argue blindly. Jim Ovia is an Ika man from Agbor and elumelu and ojei are also Anioma people Just like me. Come to my face and tell me I am not Igbo.

When Nzeogu, an Anioma man from my place led the first coup, You hypocrites didn't have any problem calling it an Igbo coup. Worst is the slaughtering of over 50,000 innocent civilians minus the biafran war. Now you hypocrites want to claim we are not Igbo? I hope we never cross path .

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires by ayoolastowe(m): 6:30am On Nov 20, 2014
Why are u being so tribalistic for crying out,nd clld ursef a nigerian?
kettykin:
A note to Niger Deltans and other Nigerians , the igbos who made the List have no links whatsoever with Niger Delta Oil unlike some of the other Nigerian billionaires who were allocated Niger Delta oil wells by the Northern Military heads of state .

These Include Mike Adenuga, TY Danjuma, Folorunsho Alakija,Femi otedola,mohammed Indimi, Tunde Folawiyo etc these have feasted and still feast on Niger Delta heritage
see the full list below
http://www.forbes.com/africa-billionaires/list/#tab:overall
Re: More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires by Nobody: 6:34am On Nov 20, 2014
kettykin:
A note to Niger Deltans and other Nigerians , the igbos who made the List have no links whatsoever with Niger Delta Oil unlike some of the other Nigerian billionaires who were allocated Niger Delta oil wells by the Northern Military heads of state .

These Include Mike Adenuga, TY Danjuma, Folorunsho Alakija,Femi otedola,mohammed Indimi, Tunde Folawiyo etc these have feasted and still feast on Niger Delta heritage
see the full list below
http://www.forbes.com/africa-billionaires/list/#tab:overall

Re: More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:47am On Nov 20, 2014
Abagworo:

Re: More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:52am On Nov 20, 2014
NAIJASOM:

Word of advice, do some reasearch before you argue blindly. Jim Ovia is an Ika man from Agbor and elumelu and ojei are also Anioma people Just like me. Come to my face and tell me I am not Igbo.

When Nzeogu, an Anioma man from my place led the first coup, You hypocrites didn't have any problem calling it an Igbo coup. Worst is the slaughtering of over 50,000 innocent civilians minus the biafran war. Now you hypocrites want to claim we are not Igbo? I hope we never cross path .

Imagine some people saying the igbos were corrupt, yet the stories of how these igbos made it to the top had nothing to do with corruption.
Compare it with their people, you will see the real thieves from day one.
As at 1997, ouk and ibeto were richer than dangote .
Igbos are the only people with self made rich people.

Abia state is not a poor one, its one of the most productive states in Nigeria with local technologies and crafts that spill all over west Africa, with a truly international market.
It also has impressive indices according to CBN . Theodore orji mismanaged Aba, that's all

2 Likes

Re: More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 20, 2014
I believe any positive hustling couple with trust in God will always transcend to success.

Congrats to them.

So IGBOTIC, no apologies mehn.

5 Likes

Re: More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires by IleIfe2(m): 7:10am On Nov 20, 2014
Tokunbohkinibig:
@all Yorubas, stop arguing with Igbos here, isn't obvious they are deluded? Yes It is my brother. C'mon Odua guyz, naturally, what does this kind of thread tells you when you come across one? The answer is quite straight forward, it tells you that Igbos are dreaming of being in this same position with Yorubas and Hausas/Fulanis who are already far out of or above their league.

Naturally, humans only compare or compete with someone or group of people who is/are far better than them which is exactly what we are having here bro. This kind of thread only depicts how average Ibos have been abused psycologically and morally by their progenitors. In as much as he/she is from the East, let he/she steals our collective wealth without us raising an eyesbrow and of course allow them to use d same collective wealth to build small companies/businesses in all the same regions where our properties were confiscated/annexed or stolen before, equally ensure these businesses are situated outside our region/land and ensure that our children are always on the run, out of our land to a more prosperous and blessed Nation-Odua and Arewa where opportunities are abound/lie.

Have you noticed how they have chosen not to mention their ibo millionaires in oil industry simply cos those ones are yet to make it big in that industry? but let me quickly assure you that as soon as one ibo emerges from that sector of Nigeria economy as a billionaire on Forbes, their story would naturally change to a self glorification u know and this story of Yorubas and hausas are making money out of Niger deltan region would not rear Its ugly head again.

is it not shocking and heart-trending to see the same Ibos turning a blind eyes to their overnight billionaire governor who stole d destinies of their future generation while screaming our ownTinubu name all over d place as a thief? So What are we going to call Orji Uzo Kalu? I guess a good businessman like Dangote or Adenuga, Akande or Fenandes right. Funny jews. But wait o Tokunbo, u shouldn't be surprised anymore, going by Nigeria history, is not d same people who killed the political elites of other people-tribes on the account of corruption but ensure their own politicians at Central level for dat matter was left untouched? Is not d same people who are caught as coupists but taken to be kept in d East simply cos d president then was from d same tribe? Hmmmmmmmm!!! Loads of undilluted facts on our tables, isn't it? Yes It's bro and these facts are d reason Why this question is being asked; who should be d one among all d existing tribes in Nigeria to apologise to others for d killing of their political heroes? Ibos of course.

To be honest, having read and understood Nigerian history from genuine sources not the one from some bigoted world renowned ......., i now understand the rationale behind the Hausas/Fulanis' reactions in d 60s, Yes i do now bro if i wasn't before. And i think United Nation and western world are on d same page with me on dese issues of civil war and of course d pogrom in d 60s. And that is why d genocide rhetorics did not fly a bit for one day.

Igbos are like Ghana flexing her muscle against/with a bigger and better nation-Nigeria.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires by fr3do(m): 7:15am On Nov 20, 2014
oduastates:

Femi otedola : buying diesel from abroad for sale in Nigeria.
Adenuga : textile, banking telecommunications, on do off shore.
Folawiyo : manufacturing, importation of fish, finished goods. Oil assets based off shore in lagos.

Nothing Niger delta about it.

then con oil belongs to the spirits!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires by LORDI(m): 7:15am On Nov 20, 2014
What is orji uzor kalu doing on that list?..after looting abia state treasury,theif.
Re: More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires by Unemadu: 7:20am On Nov 20, 2014
Abagworo:

Re: More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires by Unemadu: 7:21am On Nov 20, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Imagine some people saying the igbos were corrupt, yet the stories of how these igbos made it to the top had nothing to do with corruption.
Compare it with their people, you will see the real thieves from day one.
As at 1997, ouk and ibeto were richer than dangote .
Igbos are the only people with self made rich people.

Abia state is not a poor one, its one of the most productive states in Nigeria with local technologies and crafts that spill all over west Africa, with a truly international market.
It also has impressive indices according to CBN . Theodore orji mismanaged Aba, that's all
Re: More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires by Collynzo9: 7:33am On Nov 20, 2014
I have never really been interested in this world richest list stuff, a more evenly spread wealth is better for Igbo land and Igbos.

7 Likes

Re: More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires by abdulwastecx(m): 7:33am On Nov 20, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Any Niger Deltans on the list?

If this was a country built on fairness and equity, Niger Deltans ought to occupy the top three Nigerian slots!

why must a Niger deltans ( if there is such) occupy the firs three?
Dangote is an industrialist making billions by providing goods and services for people, not some hoodlums vandalising pipelines because they were born in a place where crude oil is been extracted.

The mindset of an average Niger deltans are messed up because of oil...young men are so lazy that they contributes nothing to the economy all they do is keep on complaining qnd hoping that all the revenue from crude oil extraction is giving to them

2 Likes

Re: More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires by ogele: 7:35am On Nov 20, 2014
kettykin:

My brother , it is really painful and very shameful Not even one Niger Deltan , Ijaw, Urhobo, Ibibio,Ogoni, Calabari, Efik is on this List despite that the Oil wells are in Niger Delta ,
A second look on this list shows that all the yorubas on this list with Danjuma made their billions from Niger Delta Oil while no Niger deltan is on this list, i am trying to correlate this fact with the current agitation by some south westerners for power to shift back to the North even when a Niger deltan and fellow southerner is eligible and constitutionally legit to contest the elections .

it is on record that the greatest opposition to Jonathan's aspiration to contest for the presidency is from the south west and also the greatest beneficiaries of Niger Delta oil wealth is from the South West
Please what are you saying here. Are you refering to South-South or Niger-Delta. The last time I checked Orji Uzor Kalu is from Niger-Delta. Consult ur map or ask Google to list the states in Niger-Delta. Next time before you talk check your facts.

2 Likes

Re: More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires by abdulwastecx(m): 7:37am On Nov 20, 2014
fr3do:

then con oil belongs to the spirits!

you actually have problem with logics...
petronas is a Malaysian company but have oil wellls in Nigeria. The moral if the story is that the ethnicity of the owner of a company doesn't depends on the raw material used by the company....if Niger deltans wants to be wealthy they should go an set up businesses including oil company

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

UAE Blocks Attempt By An Ex-gov To Transfer Half A Billion Dollars / The Economist : Atiku Was Singled Out By America’s Senate On Corruption & More. / 601 Repentant Boko Haram Members Graduate In Gombe, Reintegrated Into Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.