Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,259 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them (18508 Views)

Poll: Do You Think The Title Is Right?

No. I think they sincerely love our culture, irrespective of their personal gain.: 53% (35 votes)
Yes.: 46% (30 votes)
This poll has ended

Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) / African Culture Is Dying! / Do You Think African Models Should Create Their Own Standards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by birdman(m): 6:13am On Dec 11, 2008
Another thread on Nigerian men? damn, I think I know what nagging feels like grin
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by tpia: 6:18am On Dec 11, 2008
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by tpia: 7:12am On Dec 11, 2008
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by larez(m): 8:39am On Dec 11, 2008
tpia: U get husband so? na wah oh, as e be like sey this topic enter your body too much. Abi na earth magnetic deviation dey worry you for land down under? Come gimme hug my Sister. Even you need some love sef. I promise not to wear masquerade outfit to take beat you.
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by birdman(m): 9:07am On Dec 11, 2008
tpia:

get over yourself.

The thread is about African men. a la thread title!

last time I checked, Nigeria isnt the only country in Africa.

It should be the only country, I kid.

Nigerian/African whatever, There are lots of cultured African men/women out there. If the men/women you keep meeting are that culturally backward, its time to look in the mirror
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by ladej(m): 12:30pm On Dec 11, 2008
the thing is, NO culture favours women. women have always had to fight for everything they own in terms of right. its not just africa. women were only allowed to vote in america years after men were doing it. women still cannot drive in saudi arabia
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by KarmaMod(f): 1:44pm On Dec 11, 2008
How come we claim to "have grown up well" (whatever that means) and have 'culture' and the westerners--not so much but we are the most pathetic breed of humans on earth and We are like scum of the earth?

HOW IS IT THAT A CONTINENT FULL OF PEOPLE THAT GREW UP WELL IS CRAP WHILE CONTINENTS THAT HAVE DECADENT CULTURE IS WHERE WE ALL WANT TO BE.

Lol abi o. sage, where have you been sef?

If you want examples of "well brought up" people with pretty ok culture, try the Asians.
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by ChinenyeN(m): 1:56pm On Dec 11, 2008
[quote="Ziga"]@ChinenyeN,  You've made a lot of sense[/quote]
I try. It is all just my quest for my own understanding.

[quote="beebop"]@ChinenyeN

Not mad at you. I'm glad you can actually see that something is wrong unlike some blockheads here.[/quote]
Okay, that's good.

[quote="sage"]Western Culture is 1000 times better than African culture. The proof is there for all to see.

Bogus Claim: people in Africa have better culture than westerners

Facts on ground: Africa is the worst continent in the world and the laughing stock of the world. People acting like animals all over the place. Infact the whole continent is a big safari.

So before you talk down Western Culture ask yourself these questions

How come we claim to "have grown up well" (whatever that means) and have 'culture' and the westerners--not so much but we are the most pathetic breed of humans on earth and We are like scum of the earth?

HOW IS IT THAT A CONTINENT FULL OF PEOPLE THAT GREW UP WELL IS CRAP WHILE CONTINENTS THAT HAVE DECADENT CULTURE IS WHERE WE ALL WANT TO BE.

We Africans are fools and shit will never change because we can't even tell ourselves the truth. Let us get to the level of Asia and Latin America b/ we start comparing ourselves with Westerners. What a joke we are [/quote]
Sage, not to be rude, but you couldn't be more wrong. The only reason why Africa is in the shape that it is in is because of European Imperialism and Colonization. I was talking to a few people (all white) and we were discussing the US.'s hand in Iraq. They said that the US. is trying not to do to Iraq what European Imperialism and Colonization did to Africa. The US. knows that if it just removes it's hands from Iraq, there'd be problems with government, a struggle for control over the country, inequality of all kinds, competition over resources. The US. wants to slowly remove it's hands from the Iraqi situation while helping reconstruct the country, government, and other systems. That is what European Imperialism and Colonization failed to do with Africa. Because they failed to help reconstruct what they damaged, there is now problems with government, a struggle for control over the country, inequality and prejudice of all kinds, competition over resources, overused stereotypes, misinterpretation of culture, corruption every which way. Cultre is not the problem. The problem is that Africa has  yet to get a hold of itself in terms of proper management, government, and other systems that run the countries. For that reason, Africa is the way it is. Culture has very little to do with it.

[quote="ladej"]the thing is, NO culture favours women. women have always had to fight for everything they own in terms of right. its not just africa. women were only allowed to vote in america years after men were doing it. women still cannot drive in saudi arabia[/quote]
Again, like daviddylan pointed out, it isn't culture that is the problem. It is government and uninforced laws, mandates, and codes. I'm not saying that culture doesn't affect government and vice versa. What I'm saying is that rather than worrying about an obsolete side-issue, people should blame what's really to blame. That is how Africa is governmentally run. Look at Asia. I can almost safely say that they have a much stronger culture than we do. Yet, with all their steadfast culture, they have managed to develop this well. . . even to the point where people are expecting the US. to decline and Asia to rise in terms of "world power". Culture is not the issue. If anything, it is misinterpretation of culture and corruption of positions in place for running countries.
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by tpia: 2:36pm On Dec 11, 2008
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by congoshine(m): 2:57pm On Dec 11, 2008
Let me start by saying Michelin types crap over 70% of the time !

As per culture,the fact is that our women love the 'culture' when it suits them,but blame the men when it doesn't.

Whether we like it or not ,our culture,background etc,rings a measure of stability to one's life.

[center]Gone are the days when the family must see blood stained white cloth on wedding nite,God please help us sad sad[/center]
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by ono(m): 3:29pm On Dec 11, 2008
Maybe the menfolks here should just accept what the women want: We like our (African) culture because it ''favors'' us.

Ok. We agree. Now, what next?

For me, I think this (men-women inequality argument stuff) will continue until such a time that it will become glaring to all (men and women alike) that there are certain issues that are better left the way they are. 

ChinenyeN, nice insight.
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by babadee(m): 4:36pm On Dec 11, 2008
Anybody knows the meaning of the term "ethnocentrism"
this thread is one of the dumbest i've seen in a while
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by dremoney(m): 5:51pm On Dec 11, 2008
@beebop

i reckon your p***y consistently drips (afterall u've dated men from different races).

@karmamod,

Sarcasism? your post is rather moronic,

how many juveniles overcrowd beer parlours in nigeria & smoke?

whats d difference in population of single mums in africa and europe including US.

My point is we have a bad government but our culture and tradition is still far better than western cultures.

I pity your family because you'll end up being a waste to them with the way you're faking reality.

@sage

i don't get what use your brain is for, are you aware of the fact that you can't match up with millions of Nigerian workers if you decide to travel back today?,

you are so dumb!!!! culture is different from level of development, they are apart, development comes with governance,

forget the foreign citizenship you slaved to get(if you are so unfortunate to have one), you can never be a real American, Home is Home!!!! mumu
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by KarmaMod(f): 6:05pm On Dec 11, 2008
dremoney:

@beebop

i reckon your p***y consistently drips (afterall u've dated men from different races).

@karmamod,

Sarcasism? your post is rather moronic,

how many juveniles overcrowd beer parlours in nigeria & smoke?

whats d difference in population of single mums in africa and europe including US.

My point is we have a bad government but our culture and tradition is still far better than western cultures.

I pity your family because you'll end up being a waste to them with the way you're faking reality.

Look at this dumb gay.

First off your comment to bebop was so uncalled for and should be reported since you;'re an immature lunatic

secondly it's SARCASM you dimwit and there's no "i" in the word. Ode.

My comment wasnt sarcastic in the least. Beer palors are filled with drunks in Naija, unless you wanna deny it.

As for single mother or no single mother, better a population filled with single moms than one filled with aristos and those who start sleeping with senior citizens starting from secondary school

You go around screaminga bout traditions and what not, what tradition were you raised with that allowed you to make such a crass and foolish statement to beebop like that?

Thanks for proving our point. Arindin.
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by dremoney(m): 6:13pm On Dec 11, 2008
KarmaMod:

Look at this dumb gay.

First off your comment to bebop was so uncalled for and should be reported since you;'re an immature lunatic

secondly it's SARCASM you dimwit and there's no "i" in the word. Ode.

My comment wasnt sarcastic in the least. Beer palors are filled with drunks in Naija, unless you want to deny it.

As for single mother or no single mother, better a population filled with single moms than one filled with aristos and those who start sleeping with senior citizens starting from secondary school

You go around screaminga bout traditions and what not, what tradition were you raised with that allowed you to make such a crass and foolish statement to beebop like that?

Thanks for proving our point. Arindin.

hehei, ur post clearly shows how confused you are, wetin concern you the other mumu like you?

Guess you are partners in crime tongue
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by KarmaMod(f): 6:15pm On Dec 11, 2008
Your "culture" must be so proud of their cretin
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by dremoney(m): 6:21pm On Dec 11, 2008
KarmaMod:

Your "culture" must be so proud of their cretin

tongue
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by ChinenyeN(m): 6:24pm On Dec 11, 2008
ono:

ChinenyeN, nice insight.
Thank you.

babadee:

Anybody knows the meaning of the term "ethnocentrism"
this thread is one of the dumbest i've seen in a while
I'm familiar with that term, but why do you ask? So far, no one here has been ethnocentric.
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 11, 2008
na nonsense dis girl dey always talk. . . tongue
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by ChinenyeN(m): 7:29pm On Dec 11, 2008
KarmaMod, na you be that one in your profile picture?
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by earTHMama: 7:41pm On Dec 11, 2008
4PLay misses Funmi is all

Your girl is EarthMama now K?
shocked shocked shockedmind yourself, I am still on probation.Nairaland Muslims are dealing with me
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 11, 2008
congoshine:

Let me start by saying Michelin types crap over 70% of the time !

As per culture,the fact is that our women love the 'culture' when it suits them,but blame the men when it doesn't.

Whether we like it or not ,our culture,background etc,rings a measure of stability to one's life.

[center]Gone are the days when the family must see blood stained white cloth on wedding night,God please help us sad sad[/center]

A man calls himself congoshine and expects to be taken seriously. Hahhahahah!
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 11, 2008
Re: Women Discussing Politics? This Is Ridiculous!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-12471.192.html

Wind done blow, fowl yansh done open.  cheesy No matter how they would like to pretend, if they like let them inculcate the white man's language and speak irrelevant grammar on this thread, their demonic sexist selves still outshine every other thing in glorious rainbow colors.
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by KarmaMod(f): 7:47pm On Dec 11, 2008
ChinenyeN:

KarmaMod, na you be that one in your profile picture?

yes. why?

stillwater:

,if they like let them inculcate the white man's language and speak irrelevant grammar on this thread, their demonic sexist selves still outshine every other thing in glorious rainbow colors.

hehehhe grin
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by JJYOU: 7:48pm On Dec 11, 2008
we are talking of a soceity where

a woman is expected to shut up and put up
where she could be sent away penniless from her matrimonial home for not having a male child
or have a second wife brought in esp in Muslim cultures,whether she likes it or not
a man could abandon his wife and kids and nothing happens
she could be beaten up and maimed by her husband and nothing happens

here on this forum,you remeber the statement made by several males when they found out I was female.
That is the mindset of an average Nigerian male
 sister nwando. nawao. you know i am generally not an apologist for most naija men i think you are not being fair here
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 11, 2008
You can summarise the attitude of the women who have posted in the last 2 pages:

1. Black is bad, white is good.

2. Civilization =

a. Living abroad
b. inculcating white culture hook, line and sinker
c. men doing menial labour
d. all of the above.

As i have consistently said - if you're not happy with nigerian men and their culture pls go marry someone else. Case closed.
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by KarmaMod(f): 7:54pm On Dec 11, 2008
Um I dont believe anyone said such.

Infact that is not even what the topic implies.
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by osisi4: 7:58pm On Dec 11, 2008
earTHMama:

shocked shocked shockedmind yourself, I am still on probation.Nairaland Muslims are dealing with me

Oh Osun amazon,dis na you?
the slaves of allah don pursue me taya too.
I'm almost running out of names to pick

JJYOU:

sister nwando. nawao. you know i am generally not an apologist for most naija men i think you are not being fair here

Josh my dear,it is sad but the truth must be spoken.
I still have vivid pictures in my head of a woman at old park in Enugu whose husband came and beat up in her little mamaput joint with customers and passengers watching and all she did was wail and cry.
The Enugu maximum prisons was right across the street from the park.
Or a next door neighbor whose husband beat her up almost on a daily basis till her brothers came in an open van with machetes and gave him a sound warning.
Our society is mean to women and degrades women.
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by ChinenyeN(m): 7:59pm On Dec 11, 2008
KarmaMod:

yes. why?

I usually like to know the kind of people I post to on forums (by seeing the kind of posts they posts and the kind of topics they engage in). I went to yours, saw the picture and was curious. So, I asked.
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by Hauwa1: 8:00pm On Dec 11, 2008
hehehe david is making me laugh  

we are happy with naija men. . . just work him up. . . i mean bend him a little  cheesy to the right and a little to the left.
thank goodness that most if not all of them have been shaped by oyinbo society.
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 11, 2008
*Hauwa*:

hehehe david is making me laugh   

we are happy with naija men. . . just work him up. . . i mean bend him a little  cheesy to the right and a little to the left.
thank goodness that most if not all of them have been shaped by oyinbo society.

we didnt even need to go more than 5 posts before someone confirmed my hypothesis.

Is it the same "oyinbo society" were engagements are now 2-a penny and divorce rates are above 50%?
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by KarmaMod(f): 8:05pm On Dec 11, 2008
you're the one dating white women David thus you were referring to yourself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Handsome Nigerian Men *pics* / Global Staying Power Of Yoruba Language and Culture- Reno Omokri / Lightskin Igbos Aren't A New Concept For Igbo People (our Ancestors Had Them)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.