Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,583 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." (2863 Views)

My Friend Says She Is Pregnant For Me But I'm Not Ready / I Regret Remaining A Virgin Until I Got Married / Signs That Your Partner Is Tired Of Your Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." by cj4someone(m): 6:30am On Nov 20, 2014
She's an epitome of beauty...in her final year in the University.

We have been friends for about six months now...without so much close contact yet.

Last week, her call came. And she spoke up like she has never done before...

"I want to get married. I am sick and tired of remaining a virgin."

To say the least, those words sounded like a bomb blast in my ear...and the echoe continues!

Yes, i am ripe for marriage...but i am still confused about the whole thing.

Please, who else has had a similar experience? How did you handle it? Nairalanders, i need your opinions and suggestions. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." by jnrbayano(m): 6:33am On Nov 20, 2014
Marry her

1 Like

Re: My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." by DesChyko: 6:58am On Nov 20, 2014
It's time to be very analytical.
There are many reasons that could make a lady utter such statement.

1. External pressure: Maybe someone is selling her the idea that she should get settled. It may be her parent(s) or friend(s). Alternatively, her friends may be getting married en masse. Finally, a suitor or suitors have been making her believe she is due, and she is letting you know she is considering that option, even if it's not you.

2. She may not be seeing a future with you. Hence, that statement is a way of reinforcing her belief that you will be there for her or trying to let you know she wants something real than what you both are in.

Either ways, this is a signal that something isn't normal for her in that relationship anymore. She may be ready to advance into the next stage of life, with or without you.

I believe you have two options, both of which you can negotiate after having a talk with her. First, try to find out her reason for wanting to take the next step. You have to do this as a friend, not a jealous lover.

If she's doing it under pressure, remind her that people tend to make grave relationship mistakes whenever they are willing to thaw under pressure. Rather, she must take all the pressure away and see what she wants for herself clearly.

Your two options are to marry he or to let her go, if you can ascertain that she really feels the need to get settled soonest. You know, a woman's mind holds a lot of secrets and reasons for every single action they take or are willing to take. No need acting like you know it all, for in truth, men do not actually weigh over issues as deeply as women do.

If you're ready, you marry her as long as she'll make you proud of that decision.

If you're not ready, ask her to be patient only if you want the relationship. Else, you can tell her you aren't ready or considering that option anytime soon.

But leave out begging in any case. Let her make her decision from then on, so you do not get blamed for a wrong act

6 Likes

Re: My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." by sydneyboss(m): 7:08am On Nov 20, 2014
DesChyko:

1. External pressure: Maybe someone is selling her the idea that she should get settled. It may be her parent(s) or friend(s). Alternatively, her friends may be getting married en masse. Finally, a suitor or suitors have been making her believe she is due, and she is letting you know she is considering that option, even if it's not you.

2. She may not be seeing a future with you. Hence, that statement is a way of reinforcing her belief that you will be there for her or trying to let you know she wants something real than what you both are in.

Either ways, this is a signal that something isn't normal for her in that relationship anymore. She may be ready to advance into the next stage of life, with or without you.

I believe you have two options, both of which you can negotiate after having a talk with her. First, try to find out her reason for wanting to take the next step. You have to do this as a friend, not a jealous lover.

If she's doing it under pressure, remind her that people tend to make grave relationship mistakes whenever they are willing to thaw under pressure. Rather, she must take all the pressure away and see what she wants for herself clearly.

Your two options are to marry he or to let her go, if you can ascertain that she really feels the need to get settled soonest. You know, a woman's mind holds a lot of secrets and reasons for every single action they take or are willing to take. No need acting like you know it all, for in truth, men do not actually weigh over issues as deeply as women do.

If you're ready, you marry her as long as she'll make you proud of that decision.

If you're not ready, ask her to be patient only if you want the relationship. Else, you can tell her you aren't ready or considering that option anytime soon.

But leave out begging in any case. Let her make her decision from then on, so you do not get blamed for a wrong act
U sounded like a counsellor, nice one! Hope Op follows ur advice

2 Likes

Re: My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." by djeezy(m): 7:10am On Nov 20, 2014
That's an indirect way of telling you to marry her. If you're okay with than then forge ahead.
Re: My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." by simplemach(m): 7:35am On Nov 20, 2014
Missleading topic
Re: My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 20, 2014
If she said that,take the relationship to the next level,if you are truly ready,and ready for commitment..
Re: My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." by pretydiva(f): 10:35am On Nov 20, 2014
Ur gf n I are in d same condition. D only diff is dat m nt into a relationship n it's making me sick
Re: My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." by kellexnuel(m): 11:20am On Nov 20, 2014
look before you leap.marriage is only in no going out.if u are confused , pray to GOD for guidance. sex at the wrong time has consequences
Re: My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." by dannydaniels(m): 12:50pm On Nov 20, 2014
Dude marry her since ure ripe for marriage

BTW,maybe dats her own way of saying"I see my future in you"
Re: My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." by luckybaddest(m): 1:05pm On Nov 20, 2014
It just like story for the god to me cos I wonder how she will be telling you that when she is not ready for marriage, moreover mayb your behavior to her sound like you don't find her attractive. Cheer up
Re: My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." by Mprex(f): 1:26pm On Nov 20, 2014
lipsrsealed
Re: My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." by MissSlimbody(f): 1:33pm On Nov 20, 2014
pretydiva:
Ur gf n I are in d same condition. D only diff is dat m nt into a relationship n it's making me sick

Hmmm...dnt get sick dear.
It will happen, when u dnt expect.

Jst remember u're not alone in dat situation.
Re: My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." by cj4someone(m): 8:19pm On Nov 20, 2014
jnrbayano:
Marry her
But i scarcely know her. Like i said, we have been operating from a distance. Is it wise to go ahead and marry her?
Re: My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." by Missmossy(f): 8:26pm On Nov 20, 2014
Something seems sinister about this entire issue lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." by cj4someone(m): 8:27pm On Nov 20, 2014
DesChyko:

Thanks a million my man for taking time to walk me through all this. I appreciate it.

Acting on your advice, i have resolved to ask her over this weekend and have a heart-to-heart chat with her.

2 Likes

Re: My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." by cj4someone(m): 8:32pm On Nov 20, 2014
simplemach:
Missleading topic
Really? I don't get that. Could you please explain it, if you don't mind.
Re: My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." by cj4someone(m): 8:35pm On Nov 20, 2014
pretydiva:
All right, sorry about that. But what do you think could lead to such situation?
Re: My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." by Cholls(m): 8:56pm On Nov 20, 2014
simplemach:
Missleading topic
my brother see me see wahala o. Watin i see come see watin i come dey hear cry
Re: My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." by tonididdy(m): 9:27pm On Nov 20, 2014
cj4someone:
But i scarcely know her. Like i said, we have been operating from a distance. Is it wise to go ahead and marry her?
don't be n a hurry to get yourself trapped4ever.

Wanting to loose her virgnity is a ”whorre in d makings way” of saying. Marry me, disvirgn me and let me go xplore d world.

Virgns are always curious. They wonda what the next dck tastes like.

Last bullet: run for your life...like u said, u don't even know her well enough.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 20, 2014
Virgins freak me out.. Don't know what to tell u.
Re: My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." by pretydiva(f): 4:30am On Nov 21, 2014
cj4someone:
All right, sorry about that. But what do you think could lead to such situation?
its rily nt easy keeping one's virginity u no. Sm times d tot of doin it comes 2 mind. Gues she does nt wanna commit fornication, so she prefers she gets married on time/early so as 2 avoid it

1 Like

Re: My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." by pretydiva(f): 4:35am On Nov 21, 2014
MissSlimbody:

Hmmm...dnt get sick dear.
It will happen, when u dnt expect.

Jst remember u're not alone in dat situation.
kk.fnks dear
Re: My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." by japhmanuel: 6:19am On Nov 21, 2014
Give her wot she wants
Re: My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." by Emmysteve(m): 6:31am On Nov 21, 2014
So getting married or losing her virginity will solve her problem? To me that's a childish talk and unwise move. What gives her the impression that s rushing to settle down is the way? Well, except she's giving you the green light to ask her out. Otherwise her utterances is childish.
Re: My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." by cj4someone(m): 6:58am On Nov 21, 2014
kellexnuel:
look before you leap.marriage is only in no going out.if u are confused , pray to GOD for guidance. sex at the wrong time has consequences
Thanks
Re: My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." by cj4someone(m): 7:00am On Nov 21, 2014
guffywealth26:
Virgins freak me out.. Don't know what to tell u.
Waoh!
Re: My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." by Nobody: 7:18am On Nov 21, 2014
She wants to get married all because of sex??
Of all reason to get married....Sex??

Mtchew
U can easily predict someone who will not have a successful marriage.

I see someone who needs a renewing of mind. She's been fed with a lot of jargons and needs to start reprogramming her mind.

[size=30pt] My dear op[/size]
Try and talk to her and find out where all dx started from. How she came about that decision. When u do, tackle it from there. And if u'r not ready for marriage now and she's stl holding on to what she said, kindly let her walk away. Finito!

1 Like

Re: My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 21, 2014
pretydiva:
Ever heard dx?
"Real good things take time"
I am in ur shoes also and it used to make me sick. I realized dt, d more I allowed it to affect me, d more liable I was to take d wrong step.

All I do now is making myself a better person. Adding value to myself. Increasing in knowledge and improving myself in all areas so dt when she finally comes, all I will have to offer her will not be I love u. U could do same smiley

1 Like

Re: My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." by pretydiva(f): 8:31am On Nov 21, 2014
AgapeCharis:
Ever heard dx?
"Real good things take time"
I am in ur shoes also and it used to make me sick. I realized dt, d more I allowed it to affect me, d more liable I was to take d wrong step.

All I do now is making myself a better person. Adding value to myself. Increasing in knowledge and improving myself in all areas so dt when she finally comes, all I will have to offer her will not be I love u. U could do same smiley
fnks dear..wil kip dat in mind
Re: My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 21, 2014
pretydiva:
fnks dear..wil kip dat in mind
Uwc
Re: My Girl Friend Says, "She Is Tired Of Remaining A Virgin." by carlos1(m): 10:30am On Nov 21, 2014
cj4someone:
She's an epitome of beauty...in her final year in the University.

We have been friends for about since months now...without so much close contact yet.

Last week, her call came. And she spoke up like she has never done before...

"I want to get married. I am sick and tired of remaining a virgin."

To say the least, those words sounded like a bomb blast in my ear...and the echoe continues!

Yes, i am ripe for marriage...but i am still confused about the whole thing.

Please, who else has had a similar experience? How did you handle it? Nairalanders, i need your opinions and suggestions. Thanks in advance.

What if u marry her and later find ouut she z not a virgin afterall? Will u divorce her?

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of Uncommon Things You Do With Your Partner / Lol What Wrong With This Wedding Picture / Mini Slum Book; Fill Yours!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.