Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,897 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria (82021 Views)

Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria / Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria / Hardest Courses To Get In Nigerian Universities...Warn Your Younger Ones Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by adamsjj: 11:17am On Nov 21, 2014
nellyelitz:
do u have any friend or family member that studied Physics?
physics is harder than all of them, has quantum,Newtonian,statistical,mathematical & theoretical physics which is even further extended to many branches that cut across every course in the world#i studied physics(electronics).

5 Likes

Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by seunwen2(m): 11:19am On Nov 21, 2014
alexis007:
if to say i no see law for there i for shoot you 42 times like 50cent......(saving the million dollar bullet for another day)

And i go borrow that your million dollar bullet to shoot this ops 42 times cos i no see PHYSICS for the list

1 Like

Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by nicxguy(m): 11:19am On Nov 21, 2014
penquin:
sexiology nko?
do u nid d course ?
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by adamsjj: 11:20am On Nov 21, 2014
Physics is harder than all of them, has quantum,Newtonian,statistical,mathematical & theoretical physics which is even further extended to many branches that cut across every course in the world#i studied physics(electronics).

3 Likes

Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by okpismart: 11:20am On Nov 21, 2014
HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF A COURSE CALLED

VETERINARY MEDICINE!

IT IS 5 TIMES MORE DIFFICULT THAN MEDICINE. Simply because, the same drug you will administer to a dog for treatment, will kill a cat within 5 seconds and the same person wanting you to treat his tiny chihuahua will still call you to perform a surgery on an Elephant, Ostrich, goat or lion the next second.

And you have to learn all these medicines in school before you graduate.

Remember, you don't have the luxury of asking "What is wrong with you?" or "where is it paining you?"

For you to pass you will read as if you have exam the next day, from beginning of semester to the end. But if you don't like stress, be sure to spend extra 2 or 3 years to the normal six years. And if you score 49% you failed o, cos 50% is pass mark.

1 Like

Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nonye362: 11:21am On Nov 21, 2014
Abeg I dnt believe dt any course is hard else u want it to be hard for u. With better lectures and aggressive reading wat is in such course dt one cant make. For meooooo natin lik any course being hard except I did nt read. So bone dt issue of any course bin hard. Wen u were applying it, u shud no dat u av to read. How wil any course b simple for u in d university wen u dnt read hard. The course u think is hard wil b a very simple course for someone. While those u tink is simple, some ple dnt graduate wen their mates ar. So my dearies, dnt tak any course for granted, even the simplest course still require enough reading for u to pass through. The sam way u're struggling to pass in those ones u term hard course ar still d sam way those in the courses u termed simple ar struggling to pas through. And wen both of u cam out, it will still be d sam qualification. So, why terming so hard and some simple. That is bullshit for me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by seunwen2(m): 11:23am On Nov 21, 2014
odomat:
Geophysics nko?

A branch of PHYSICS
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by kingsclass: 11:25am On Nov 21, 2014
What of Archaeology? In case you don't know,Archaeology is a very complex and holistic discipline that cuts across the sciences,social science and humanities
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by ademi87(m): 11:28am On Nov 21, 2014
Until u fit show me say u pass or u get anybody wey pass ICAN nd ACCA I reserve my comment
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by katerine7(f): 11:30am On Nov 21, 2014
I taught mathematics will not be included, dat course hard wella,thank God I made it
Proud to be a mathematician
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by cbrass(m): 11:31am On Nov 21, 2014
nellyelitz:

Don't mind the confused Op, this is a course that has shaped the whole world and every single field especiallly engineering drew their source from almighty PHYSICS

1 Like

Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Klinee: 11:41am On Nov 21, 2014
idris4r83:
optometry is a five year course while medicine is roughly seven years. there's no even room for comparism.
A lie! Optometry is full six year course equivalent to medicine, its even more hard than medicine.
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by seunwen2(m): 11:46am On Nov 21, 2014
cbrass:

Don't mind the confused Op, this is a course that has shaped the whole world and every single field especiallly engineering drew their source from almighty PHYSICS

There is no bit of lie in that proud to be a #physicists

1 Like

Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Klinee: 11:48am On Nov 21, 2014
Drdonzeez:
Guy..don't define a course of study by its name....Are you trying to say Dental students study only oral diseases in a period of six years? or Optometry peeps study only the eye in the same period of time....I still wonder why medicine is so over hyped in Nigeria
they study the same thing its just their specialty differenciate them.
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Andyempowered(m): 11:51am On Nov 21, 2014
soonest:

Really?
Pls ask her
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Klinee: 11:51am On Nov 21, 2014
heykims:

Medical students rotate through ophthalmology too in their clinical years in school nd it is even imbibed in their professional MBBS exam..
And here, it isnt just about examining for refractive errors nd prescribing glasses, u ve got to be equipped wt all eye diseases nd their management, surgical modalities inclusive..
u knows nothing!
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by jekwuojoto(m): 11:54am On Nov 21, 2014
Are you ok??
idris4r83:
optometry is a five year course while medicine is roughly seven years. there's no even room for comparism.
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by cbrass(m): 11:55am On Nov 21, 2014
seunwen2:

There is no bit of lie in that proud to be a #physicists

Proud to be one too though am now a programmer grin
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by vitalclues: 11:57am On Nov 21, 2014
BukkyDan:
I think your list is not complete without BIOCHEMISTRY.
It's a nightmare to medical students. I always respect biochemists, that course no be beans...
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by seunwen2(m): 11:58am On Nov 21, 2014
cbrass:

Proud to be one too though am now a programmer grin

Will like to know u more bro, want to develop a strong career path
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by BurningIce(m): 11:59am On Nov 21, 2014
Wonder why pharmacy is not on that list..

1 Like

Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by hardbody: 12:00pm On Nov 21, 2014
penquin:
sexiology nko?

Na your own i hear joor

Meanwhile #Teambrilliantlawyers....
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by cbrass(m): 12:03pm On Nov 21, 2014
seunwen2:

Will like to know u more bro, want to develop a strong career path

Alryt you can add me through my signature
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Tonylyte(m): 12:05pm On Nov 21, 2014
solotutu:
[color=#006600][/color] na so oga
POLE. haha dats what we call em in our schl.our own no pass "mechanic" haha, 2nd u NL vote Naijaboiy For Mr NL NOW!!
Yes o! Vote NAIJABOIY now!!! God bless u and all the fans and voters of NAIJABOIY.
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by JoeCutie(m): 12:09pm On Nov 21, 2014
Ok, I'm not saying this with full authority, but I'm not saying it with fear either. The likes of Medicine, Optometry, Law, Engineering, Chemistry, and what have you, are very hard. I know. Ok, I can imagine. But there's a course they call 'PHILOSOPHY'. This course ehn... The fact that it's a 4-year course might seem to reduce the status, but abeg no vex, e hard die! This course na die! It involves a lot of technicality. Very abstract most times. In fact, it's not even supposed to be a degree course. It's some where a bit higher than degree level. It's a post degree course. And the way they do it in this part of the world? D I E!
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 21, 2014
geology and mining is another one...U learn terms u 'll only forget in Abt 5 minutes...seriously
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Karleb(m): 12:16pm On Nov 21, 2014
qtx:

which tool or language do you code wit guy?
undecided

Ever wondered why non-computer scientists turn out to be great programmers?

It's simply because, anybody can wake up today and start writing code and might even beat you at your own game.

Summary: it takes passion to be a programmer not a four years degree.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by noordean(m): 12:21pm On Nov 21, 2014
nellyelitz:
pls help mi ask him ooo....especially d theoretical aspect of it
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by BukkyDan(f): 12:25pm On Nov 21, 2014
KenSaroWiwa:

Biochemistry is the easiest of all courses to take as a medical student in the pre clinicals. Its even easier than physiology, anatomy and even IP. So don't spew thrash here.

Hello...that is my opinion. If you think it is easier than physiology, anatomy, IP or even geography that is your business. You don't have to sound that way.

My post was about those studying it as a full time course, medical students aint taught the main biochemistry. Besides I didn't attack the OP or any other post, I only made a contribution.

I'm sorry if you all felt insulted by my earlier post, so would you all stop quoting/attacking me please..
Peace
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by wisdom500: 12:26pm On Nov 21, 2014
This s how it shud be.
(1) Pharmacy: Its already obvious.don’t know where to begin with this course.It overlaps critical aspect of chemistry. You hear stuffs like pharmacokinetics, drug metabolisms etc.This course s difficult to study.
(2) Biochemistry: people usually think that it’s a combination of biology and chemistry. If you’re one of such, abeg, it’s a wrong impression. You will actually get familiar with Bio molecules and giant Organic structures, that will choke you up. This course requires much logic.
What makes it challenging,is that you’ll have to
learn a lot within a short duration. Metabolic
pathways might seem frustrating atimes…*winks*. Another thing about this course is that their lecturers are always sadists, due to long years of studying brutal carbohydrate and enzyme structures.
(3) Medicine: What makes this course challenging, is because you’ll be forced to read(jack) like your life depends on the degree of knowledge you obtain from their heavy an bulky textbooks. Some of them actually do go for thanksgiving, when they pass their MBBS exam, that contains Anatomy,physiology and biochem.
(4) Engineering: the name of this course speaks for itself already. The dudes that study this course eh…..*winks*. It undeniably houses all heavy weight courses in engine faculty like chemical engineering, mechanical, production, petroleum…etc..any guy you see rushing to lecture hall with a punching calculator, they’re engine boys o.

1 Like

Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by BukkyDan(f): 12:30pm On Nov 21, 2014
solotutu:

biochemistry is part of d list under medicine o,check it

Yea right! I read every bit of the original post. MY EARLIER POST WAS ABOUT THOSE STUDYING IT FULL TIME. That is why I called them BIOCHEMISTS.
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Tats(m): 12:41pm On Nov 21, 2014
I'm not a Pharmacist nor do I work in the medical profession but I'm surprised that the OP did not include pharmacy.
It seemed such a hard course to study seeing pharmacy students back then in school and their pass mark was quite high.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

ASUP Strike / Problems Of Research Methodology In Nigeria / SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.