Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly (67464 Views)

Anambra Police Release Radio Biafra Director’s Supporters - Punch / Zamfara Ex-Commissioner Sex Scandal: Girl Threatens To Release New Video / Police Release Owerri Bomb Suspects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by dein77(m): 4:06pm On Nov 22, 2014
Another testimony to the fact that we're incapable of self - governance. ...

A show of shame. Thugs.

1 Like

Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by dodoro(m): 4:06pm On Nov 22, 2014
I will not stop saying that Jonathan is a monumental disgrace. He does not have the clout and wisdom to preside over Nigeria. I feel ashamed to be called a Nigerian.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by davidigomanel: 4:06pm On Nov 22, 2014
Show of shame to nigeria? See the desperation of politicians to rule at all costs.
Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 22, 2014
Marvin67:
I will never commend an act of indiscipline. What is wrong is wrong. Two wrongs can't make one right. Those reps showed a great deal of indiscipline to the world, and I wonder why people commend them. The police was also wrong in their act and I feel the IG of police should be questioned (David Mark has already summoned him).
Howcome no one is considering that the senate president was also delayed by the police for about an hour before he was eventually allowed in? Howcome some people fail to realise that the reps shut out were both from the pdp and apc? Will the pdp shut out it's own members if it had plans to impeach Tambuwal on that day? Is it right for members of the house of reps to shout at, abuse, and even assault the Senate president ?
My fellow nairalanders, don't allow party affiliation cloud our sense of judgement. Let's judge based on facts. The police was wrong, the lawmakers were wrong, and we can't say it was an order from the presidency because there are no facts backing that.
So u mean d police and sss could be mobilized against the number four citizen without the presidency? R u high on something cheap?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by M4gunners: 4:09pm On Nov 22, 2014
Obiagelli:
So the police conveniently removed the part where they fired tear gas? Lol.

These people were elected the same way Jonathan was, they were put in that house of Assembly by Nigerians not Jonathan. Nobody other than the electorates has the right to lock them out.
I commend these men for their actions, Jonathan wanted to plot the ekiti coup on them.
Rubbish, So why do we look into them as role model? An old men jumping fence and all you have to say is you commend them. When their kids jump fence tomorrow, what advice did he have to advise them?

1 Like

Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by otokx(m): 4:09pm On Nov 22, 2014
The video clearly shows the police locking out house of representative members without any proper explanation, even when the SPEAKER approached and introduced himself, the police simply walked away leaving the gates locked. The police has no right to prevent any citizen of Nigeria access to his own house unless there is a court order. The blame and shame lies squarely on those police men.

10 Likes

Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by Ikegift4real(m): 4:09pm On Nov 22, 2014
my days in SUG UNN thought me to act better than dis. I pity this nation.

1 Like

Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by uzolexis(f): 4:09pm On Nov 22, 2014
hairyanus:
If we must trace the origin of this problem...it must end on the table of that white-beared-whiskey drinking Lord Lugard and his girl friend.

Flora Shaw,2 of them no try at all
Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by duni04(m): 4:10pm On Nov 22, 2014
If the police released this video then they're truly stupîd! Tambuwal clearly identified himself as the speaker and demanded to go in. They just ignored him. If they were truly trying to prevent only thugs from gaining entry into the NASS complex, why did they prevent Tambuwal from going in? The speaker should even use this video as evidence in court.

4 Likes

Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by Elan83(m): 4:10pm On Nov 22, 2014
theChiefPriest:
Shame on the PDP
Shame on Jonathan
Shame on all TANoids!
shame on ur linage! U vllg Rascal!

3 Likes

Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by retepmurt(m): 4:11pm On Nov 22, 2014
bokoslayer:
Now tell me, how are these APC dis-honourables different from motor park touts.
The dude calling somebody a small boy and throwing tantrums is Hon Rotimi Makinde from Osun State.

GEJ was right when he said the southwest should not be left in the hands of rascals. Rotimi Makinde is a perfect example.
The house rep member who attacked David Mark is a PDP member from Niger State.For a fellow PDP member to have acted that way,it vividly vindicated people calling Jonathan a clueless President and leader with paucity and 'brevity' of ideas.Stop being a tribal and regional bigot.

7 Likes

Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by chrisviral(m): 4:11pm On Nov 22, 2014
Tomorrow they will say Boko Harams are senseless?
I fail to see the difference between them and these so called sane rep members.

Can someone define a kid again
Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 22, 2014
anybody that thinks they are doing all that for Nigerian citizens must be naive

its all ABOUT THEM; THE ELITES ; THE ONES WHO LOST OUT AND THE ONES FEEDING FAT. ALL THAT SHOW IS NOT FOR FOR;
1. THE COMMONERS, 2.NOT THE UNEMPLOYED YOUTHS, 3. NOT THE SOLDIERS AT THE FRONTLINE, 4.NOT THE BED RIDDEN PATIENT WITHOUT MONEY, AND 5. CERTAINLY NOT BECAUSE OF THE MISSING GIRLS OR THE DEAD BOYS.

3 Likes

Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 22, 2014
M4gunners:
Rubbish, So why do we look into them as role model? An old men jumping fence and all you have to say is you commend them. When their kids jump fence tomorrow, what advice did he have to advise them?
Go and read the things our heroes Mandela and Martin Luther King did to get us where we are today.

1 Like

Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by White007(m): 4:13pm On Nov 22, 2014
I read somewhere on this site a couple of days ago that there are two types of Nigerians:

1) Those who are stealing and,
2) those waiting for the opportunity to commence stealing

11 Likes

Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by IleIfe2(m): 4:14pm On Nov 22, 2014
ogb5:
Really crazy scenes. The police were really good at keeping their cool.

keep what cool? What were the police doing there? When did the national assembly become their barracks, does it look like Sure-P Sure-Scam office or Sambisa?

3 Likes

Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by figment232(m): 4:14pm On Nov 22, 2014
kokosheen:
10 years from now, hopefully the war would have ended, there wouldn't be any story of who started what, the documentary evidence is available in this internet age.

Unfortunately, some people are so myopic to see the clear and present danger we are all in. Please, my fellow citizens who do not have valid multiple entry visas to US/Canada/UK, let's us be wise in supporting these politicians in their bid to take the country into chaos - THEY WILL NOT BE IN NIGERIA WITH THEIR FAMILIES UNTIL IT ENDS.
War monger! there wud b no war, u hear!
Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by duni04(m): 4:15pm On Nov 22, 2014
M4gunners:
If an idîot locks me out of my own house for no reason, I'll probably consider scaling the fence to enter my own house.

2 Likes

Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by lexie234(m): 4:15pm On Nov 22, 2014
D house of rep member attempting 2 slap david mark, 4got that david mark is a retired naval officer, and on a level ground is no match for him. See aw david mark just shoved him out, out of pity....David mark is d only wise politician in Nigeria so far..my 1kobo.

5 Likes

Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 22, 2014
Ajascolove:
The police will be snatching ballot boxes for PDP in the next election with what they are practising now.
I believe that we would have straightened things by then. Hopefully the IGP would have garnered more experience and learnt to serve rather than this agbero style policing
Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by drnoel: 4:16pm On Nov 22, 2014
ALL u APC propagandist. God is watching u people as u try to burn this country cos ur godfathers are unelectable

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by bennygreat1(m): 4:18pm On Nov 22, 2014
M4gunners:
Very disgraceful.

I guess it was a purposive attempt by those Men to disgrace the PDP govt,not knowing they re dis gracing the political system totally..

1 Like

Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by IleIfe2(m): 4:18pm On Nov 22, 2014
BiHung:
Wait...you mean the police force released a video that further implicates them? Showing how they snubbed the number 4 citizen? I am shocked

Abi o, help ask Gej and his pillars.
Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by duni04(m): 4:20pm On Nov 22, 2014
Bobbysworld28:

So u mean d police and sss could be mobilized against the number four citizen without the presidency? R u high on something cheap?
In truth jonathan was out of the country when it happened. Even if Jonathan was around I don't think he would have had the liver to give that kind of order to the police. Someone took advantage of his absence and ordered the police to wreck havoc at the NASS complex on Thursday. I suspect mama peace or the Vice President.

2 Likes

Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by harrysterol(m): 4:21pm On Nov 22, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by Elan83(m): 4:22pm On Nov 22, 2014
Dey invoked Doctrine of necessity & necessitated above d rim! Legislative Transgressors!
Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by drnoel: 4:23pm On Nov 22, 2014
LFJ:

Jonathan and wisdom are distance apart.

Its only in Nigeria that one would doggedly stay in a position that will be the death of him. Tumbuwal has a court order that says he should vacate his sit. Why is he trying to go to the house to preside over the house when he is no more the speaker. The guy knows himself he shouldnt be there, that was why he smartly refused to identify himself as the speaker. So what is he doing there?
Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by duni04(m): 4:24pm On Nov 22, 2014
drnoel:

Its only in Nigeria that one would doggedly stay in a position that will be the death of him. Tumbuwal has a court order that says he should vacate his sit. Why is he trying to go to the house to preside over the house when he is no more the speaker. The guy knows himself he shouldnt be there, that was why he smartly refused to identify himself as the speaker. So what is he doing there?
Oga stop spreading lies, before one ignorant or illiterate TAN member comes and quotes you. There is no such court order. Stop it!

5 Likes

Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by bamosagie(m): 4:28pm On Nov 22, 2014
Bobbysworld28:

The police could be mobilized against the number former number four citizen without the president knowing.
It can be arranged by the opposition (within & outside PDP) to discredit the president before an election.
In the game of politics, anything goes.
All is fair in love ans war, politics is all about love and war.

NB: I am not putting the blame on any party but stating the obvious, anybody could have stage managed the event and also the presiding events just to gain sympathy.
Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by Marvin67: 4:28pm On Nov 22, 2014
Bobbysworld28:

I usually comment on nairaland without quoting people, and if when I quote, I NEVER make derogatory statements. I wonder why you're quick to add something derogatory to your post. Please don't try to start a war of words with me, because I won't even continue or respond to you.
Now to your question. Yes it is possible for the IG of police to do what he did without consulting the president. The police is an institution and the IG doesn't have to inform the president before he makes every move, are you aware that the Vice president summoned the IG on friday? Do you think the PDP can carry out a plan without the knowledge of the senate president? Read punch newspaper of friday and you'd realise that even the senate president was delayed for up to one hour before he was eventually granted entry. Now watch this video and you'd realise that speaker and his entourage didn't last up to 15mins outside before they took laws into their hands.
Once again, as I said earlier, I'm not saying the president wasn't a part of what transpired, I'm just saying I don't have any fact to back his involvement in the issue.
if you quote me again, please don't use any derogatory term. We are gentle nairalanders, and not gate-scaling, or abusive representatives.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by ademony(m): 4:29pm On Nov 22, 2014
bokoslayer:
Now tell me, how are these APC dis-honourables different from motor park touts.
The dude calling somebody a small boy and throwing tantrums is Hon Rotimi Makinde from Osun State.

GEJ was right when he said the southwest should not be left in the hands of rascals. Rotimi Makinde is a perfect example.

and who cares...since the SouthWest is the most peaceful part of Nigeria since 1999... You call them Rascals, I call them Progressives

3 Likes

Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by dustydee: 4:33pm On Nov 22, 2014
This video, even though doctored, is an indictment on the police force. After Identifying the speaker, why didn't they open the gate for him and his colleagues? Was the senate president left standing outside the gate when he arrived. I understand the police are trying to clear their name given the public out cry that followed their actions but in trying to pin the blame on the members, they are instead tarnishing their reputation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Meet The 10 Powerful Men That Took Nigerians To The Next Level / Tinubu Laughing Warmly With Ambode And Sanwo-Olu At APC Convention (Photo) / APC Removes Oshiomhole’s Pictures, Banners At Party Secretariat In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.