Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly (67515 Views)

Anambra Police Release Radio Biafra Director’s Supporters - Punch / Zamfara Ex-Commissioner Sex Scandal: Girl Threatens To Release New Video / Police Release Owerri Bomb Suspects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by anonimi: 5:35pm On Nov 22, 2014
majekdom2:
isn't it obvious , we have seen cases not this one where lawlessness is attributed to the saying " order from above or presidency " why can't this orders be used on boko harm . One member said in that video " our people are being killed at home " obanikoro the former minister of state for defence said sometime on Channel's tv and I quote " if I say what I know about boko haram " why have They chosen to deceive the less privileged.

I am sorry but you are either making things up by filling in gaps of information that you THINK exist or relying on half-truths and propaganda by those who would like to have power and take us back to the dark days that we are slowly but STEADILY emerging from.

How do you know that anyone SAYING he is acting on "order from above or presidency" was actually specifically INSTRUCTED by the president to do such
Once again we need to realize that presidentS are not supposed to be know-all, do-all that is why there are other arms of government (legislative & judiciary) and other tiers (state & LGA) for INDEPENDENT but complimentary smooth running of the country.

It is usual in any setting that there is CONFIDENTIAL information that cannot be shared so as not to compromise whatever action is being taken by those concerned. I hope that is clear enough.

2 Likes

Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by skyface00(m): 5:38pm On Nov 22, 2014
I agreed with u but on discipline in Nigeria system i doubt if we have any of such, and i still cant blame those rep in a country where an executive Governor open his mouth 2 say he support d new so called speaker where 6 memberz could carry out such fuction by removing speaker , 6 is gratr dan 26 in nigeria, jst d same way mr president did with governor forum, we should be sincere with ourslvz.

Even if itz jst 5pdp memberz inside am so sure they can remove d speaker , datz where we found ourslve when we allowed d issue of Governorz forum and ekiti 2 stand

I see why we have new IG now, we are in trouble if d same IG going 2 give security during 2015 election.

Marvin67:
I will never commend an act of indiscipline. What is wrong is wrong. Two wrongs can't make one right. Those reps showed a great deal of indiscipline to the world, and I wonder why people commend them. The police was also wrong in their act and I feel the IG of police should be questioned (David Mark has already summoned him).
Howcome no one is considering that the senate president was also delayed by the police for about an hour before he was eventually allowed in? Howcome some people fail to realise that the reps shut out were both from the pdp and apc? Will the pdp shut out it's own members if it had plans to impeach Tambuwal on that day? Is it right for members of the house of reps to shout at, abuse, and even assault the Senate president ?
My fellow nairalanders, don't allow party affiliation cloud our sense of judgement. Let's judge based on facts. The police was wrong, the lawmakers were wrong, and we can't say it was an order from the presidency because there are no facts backing that.
Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by Harmvirus(f): 5:38pm On Nov 22, 2014
Smh.. Naija is a joke
Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 22, 2014
Billyonaire:
So, please tell me.

Are these people LAW MAKERS ?

Why do we call them HONORABLES ?

If I go to my office, and the gate is lucked, I will NOT shake my gate. I will not climb over the fence. I will NOT insult policemen.

Today, I give up on the Aminu Tambuwal, he wanted to eat his cake and have it.
So if I lock u out of ur house, u would be docile? Even when u knw it is illegal?
Guy, u need to change ur drugs!

2 Likes

Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by Marvin67: 5:42pm On Nov 22, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

A secondary school students understands the Constitution better than you. Section 215 (3) says that President can authority to the IGP to carry out a duty. You think the NASS is like an uncompleted building where agbero smoke igbo that the police can just storm?

Very good answer. You have just provided an answer. The president CAN authorise the IGP to carry out a duty. Now let me interpret that, please correct me, if I'm wrong( I love to learn). The president has powers to authorise the IGP, but the IGP can also send his troops to wherever he feels there's likely to be trouble with or without the knowledge of the president that's all I'm saying.

My point now is the IGP sent his boys to lock up the NASS, which I consider absolutely wrong. But did he get that order from the Mr President? Maybe yes, maybe No, that's something I can't say. All we can do is make guesses.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by Dlionsheart: 5:43pm On Nov 22, 2014
Bobbysworld28:

So u mean d police and sss could be mobilized against the number four citizen without the presidency? R u high on something cheap?

May amadioha plus songo plus effa together with thunder, fire your left nyanch for thinking left left all the times.

and may God bless the dude u quoted for thinking outside the box. Aami ooo!
Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by ayindejimmy(m): 5:44pm On Nov 22, 2014
I was thinking the Nigerian Police will show clips of how the thugs they claimed Tambuwal Brought to the National Assembly harassed them but what they've managed to do is show us that they truly prevented the Honourable from entry in the National Assembly.
The police is under the executive. By now the president should have summoned the IG to explain what went wrong... that's if Gej is not the cause in the first place

3 Likes

Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by dmighty: 5:44pm On Nov 22, 2014
What is painful to police and PDP is that their plan did not work. Just like they did in Ekiti,, allow PDP reps in, stop d speaker and d opposition law makers, then start illegal impeachment and declare d seat of d speaker vacant.....then,, 7 will be greater than 19....but u know just like Ameachi,, Tambuwal know their game, and d language to stop their illegality is to do some crazy stuff....

3 Likes

Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 22, 2014
Dlionsheart:

May amadioha plus songo plus effa together with thunder, fire your left nyanch for thinking left left all the times.

and may God bless the dude u quoted for thinking outside the box. Aami ooo!

Ur opinion does not count to me. U r irrelevant in d grand scheme of things

1 Like

Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 22, 2014
anonimi:

I am sorry but you are either making things up by filling in gaps of information that you think exist or relying on half-truths and propaganda by those who would like to have power and take us back to the dark days that we are slowly but STEADILY emerging from.

How do you know that anyone saying he is acting on "order from above or presidency" was actually specifically INSTRUCTED by the president to do such
Once again we need to realize that presidentS are not supposed to be know-all, do-all that is why there are other arms of government (legislative & judiciary) and other tiers (state & LGA) for INDEPENDENT but complimentary smooth running of the country.

It is usual in any setting that there is CONFIDENTIAL information that cannot be shared so as not to compromise whatever action is being taken by those concerned. I hope that is clear enough.
I u dear stand where you are going .... That every other arm of the government has got the right to carry out[b][/b] civil laws. [b][/b] on behalf of the president. In a case where lawlessness is attributed to the president by the other arms of govt what is the presidency supposed to do about it. If you as a boss mandates your assistant to give orders on your behalf , when your assistant gives wrong orders that brings down your reputation and says you are responsible , what do you do about it. This is the problem , we have made mediocrity and incompetence inherent that will see it as normal . No us forces will leave us for Iran or withdraw from Iran without instructions from obama. If you know you ought not to say something confidential why would you say " if I say" come on that's pure incompetence. I think we need much more disciplined gap folks to take on positions. Watch straight talk with kadira on channels . I don't make things up . I come up with facts
Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 22, 2014
dmighty:
What is painful to police and PDP is that their plan did not work. Just like they did in Ekiti,, allow PDP reps in, stop d speaker and d opposition law makers, then start illegal impeachment and declare d seat of d speaker vacant.....then,, 7 will be greater than 19....but u know just like Ameachi,, Tambuwal know their game, and d language to stop their illegality is to do some crazy stuff....

Here comes someone who understands the grand scheme of things. Dt was d plan all along
Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 22, 2014
Bobbysworld28:

So if I lock u out of ur house, u would be docile? Even when u knw it is illegal?
Guy, u need to change ur drugs!
If i change my crack cocaine, which drug should I turn to ? Heroine ? Anyway, It was not their home that was locked, it was office. Dude, reason before you respond to me.
Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by Marvin67: 5:47pm On Nov 22, 2014
Bobbysworld28:

Oya no vex. My bad! Truce?

Truce. Oya come make we go drink pepper soup and beer together, while we watch chelsea play.
Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by beamed: 5:52pm On Nov 22, 2014
Obiagelli:

Go and read the things our heroes Mandela and Martin Luther King did to get us where we are today.

Talking about heroes, these are not and will never be. Check behind Mandela and Luther, you could see mass movement of deprived common masses behind them. Who do you see behind these? Well-to-do, healthy looking, well dressed in agbada, babariga or suite. Please check it out bro. These guys are mean and are only fighting to continue to make laws that perpetuate them in office. Abegi jooo.
Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by PassingShot(m): 5:52pm On Nov 22, 2014
Obiagelli:
So the police conveniently removed the part where they fired tear gas? Lol.

These people were elected the same way Jonathan was, they were put in that house of Assembly by Nigerians not Jonathan. Nobody other than the electorates has the right to lock them out.
I commend these men for their actions, Jonathan wanted to plot the ekiti coup on them.

Gbam!
Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 22, 2014
Billyonaire:
If i change my crack cocaine, which drug should I turn to ? Heroine ? Anyway, It was not their home that was locked, it was office. Dude, reason before you respond to me.
So ur office is locked without reason, u will just accept it without losing ur cool. U try! Next line of action would hv bn a few pdp members impeaching the speaker. Cue Ekiti, rivers & ogun states.
Only the madness displayed there could hv stopped the impunity dt was abt to unfold.
As bad as it looked, it is nothing compared to wht would hv happened if the acted docile

3 Likes

Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by PassingShot(m): 5:55pm On Nov 22, 2014
dmighty:

Your head dey there.
Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 22, 2014
Marvin67:

Truce. Oya come make we go drink pepper soup and beer together, while we watch chelsea play.
Una don win naw! Congrats
Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 22, 2014
drnoel:

Its only in Nigeria that one would doggedly stay in a position that will be the death of him. Tumbuwal has a court order that says he should vacate his sit. Why is he trying to go to the house to preside over the house when he is no more the speaker. The guy knows himself he shouldnt be there, that was why he smartly refused to identify himself as the speaker. So what is he doing there?
You lying son of a bi_tch. When did any court order him to vacate his seat? Abi na u judge the case

#foolish_tanoid

1 Like

Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 22, 2014
Bobbysworld28:

So ur office is locked without reason, u will just accept it without losing ur cool. U try! Next line of action would hv bn a few pdp members impeaching the speaker. Cue Ekiti, rivers & ogun states.
Only the madness displayed there could hv stopped the impunity dt was abt to unfold.
As bad as it looked, it is nothing compared to wht would hv happened if the acted docile
I did not tow the party line in my earlier assertion of the stupidity of Aminu Tambuwal, after he has been a PDP member all his life except for the sojourn to APC to secure his stomach infrastructure for another 4yrs. I do not think I will lose my cool if my office gate was locked, I will simply make the necessary phone calls to ascertain the remote or immediate cause of the imbroglio.

I do believe you understand that the action of the 'Honorables' is a national disgrace devoid of party of affiliations. Now, that's how my cookies crumble but there is no tear on my armor plate.

I forgive you.
Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by beamed: 5:58pm On Nov 22, 2014
Obiagelli:

Whatever cause they fought for, i see similar methods, if in their minds they fought for their pockets, in reality they fought to defend the house of Assembly. All that matters to me AT THE MOMENT.

HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY OF what if I may ask.
Shit people...
Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by PassingShot(m): 5:59pm On Nov 22, 2014
Bobbysworld28:

Exactly.
Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 22, 2014
Billyonaire:
I did not tow the party line in my earlier assertion of the stupidity of Aminu Tambuwal, after he has been a PDP member all his life except for the sojourn to APC to secure his stomach infrastructure for another 4yrs. I do not think I will lose my cool if my office gate was locked, I will simply make the necessary phone calls to ascertain the remote or immediate cause of the imbroglio.

I do believe you understand that the action of the 'Honorables' is a national disgrace devoid of party of affiliations. Now, that's how my cookies crumble but there is no tear on my armor plate.

I forgive you.
I understand ur point but u still dont see the big picture. Only dt monumental madness/disgrace could hv stopped the greater affront to our democracy dt was about to unfold

2 Likes

Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by tit(f): 6:01pm On Nov 22, 2014
What happened in 1964 is happening again!
TAMBUWAL TAKU!!!!

This is what Akintola did to Awolowo.
We Yorubas cannot support injustice to
Goodluck Awolowo Ahmadu Azikiwe Jonathan!

The next thing now will be operation wetie!
watch and see.
Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 22, 2014
Dont mess with our Senators...they fit beat person die.

2 Likes

Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 22, 2014
beamed:

HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY OF what if I may ask.
Shit people...
Of my country.
Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by Ochek: 6:05pm On Nov 22, 2014
Obiagelli:

There are pdp members among them and i am proud of their actions

PDP members who already pitched their tent with Tanbuwal. There are only waiting to undo the rest loyal PDP members so as to keep their boss in power. Politics - A DIRTY GAME
Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by Built2last: 6:06pm On Nov 22, 2014
arsetalks:
You make no sense. Your gullibility for "likes" opens you up as a fraud because this is a senseless comment.

Who be this yabaleft abeg....before you crash Nairaland with your weak knowledge of English words..please check up the meaning of gullibilityand align it to your usage in that sentense...also check for yhe meaning of demented...that defines your bbrain....
Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 22, 2014
beamed:

Talking about heroes, these are not and will never be. Check behind Mandela and Luther, you could see mass movement of deprived common masses behind them. Who do you see behind these? Well-to-do, healthy looking, well dressed in agbada, babariga or suite. Please check it out bro. These guys are mean and are only fighting to continue to make laws that perpetuate them in office. Abegi jooo.
They defended the institution, that's all i care about.

Btw you guys voted them in so don't complain to me.
Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 22, 2014
Bobbysworld28:

I understand ur point but u still dont see the big picture. Only dt monumental madness/disgrace could hv stopped the greater affront to our democracy dt was about to unfold

The madness was uncalled for, we have the judiciary. The Legislators are just one of the 3 arms of government. These organs of government were constituted for checks and balances. If the Executive arm of government, or even a political party that fed this ungrateful Tambuwal, constituted a panel to look into the decamping, then he, as a legislator knows enough to consult the judiciary for intepretation of the constitution, where its silent.

Again, this is not off-point, I know for sure that most legislators are constitutionally illiterate because in that video clip released by the police, I heard a NASS member, questioning the Authority of the Senate President to come into their Chambers. (Can you believe that a NASS member doesnt know that Senate President is Chair-Person of all Legislators ?).

It is not by might.
Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by funsho4u: 6:13pm On Nov 22, 2014
MANDELA TO NIGERIA
“YOU know I am not very happy
with Nigeria. I have made that
very clear on many occasions.
Yes, Nigeria stood by us more
than any nation, but you let
yourselves down, and Africa
and the black race very badly.
Your leaders have no respect
for their people. They believe
that their personal interests are
the interests of the people.
They take people’s resources
and turn it into personal wealth.
There is a level of poverty in
Nigeria that should be
unacceptable. I cannot
understand why Nigerians are
not more angry than they are.
“What do young Nigerians think
about your leaders and their
country and Africa? Do you
teach them history? Do you
have lessons on how your past
leaders stood by us and gave
us large amounts of money?
You know I hear from Angolans
and Mozambicans and
Zimbabweans how your people
opened their hearts and their
homes to them. I was in prison
then, but we know how your
leaders punished western
companies who supported
Apartheid.
“What about the corruption and
the crimes? Your elections are
like wars. Now we hear that
you cannot be president in
Nigeria unless you are Muslim
or Christian. Some people tell
me your country may break up.
Please don’t let it happen.
“Let me tell you what I think
you need to do. You should
encourage leaders to emerge
who will not confuse public
office with sources of making
personal wealth. Corrupt people
do not make good leaders.
Then you have to spend a lot of
your resources for education.
“Educate children of the poor,
so that they can get out of
poverty. Poverty does not breed
confidence. Only confident
people can bring changes.
Poor, uneducated people can
also bring change, but it will be
hijacked by the educated and
the wealthy...give young
Nigerians good education.
Teach them the value of hard
work and sacrifice, and
discourage them from crimes
which are destroying your
image as a good people.”
(Excerpts taken from a 2007
interview with Mandela
conducted by Dr Hakeem Baba-
Ahmed).
Re: Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly by poseidon12: 6:15pm On Nov 22, 2014
gabe:
I'm amazed at nigerians. These reps scaled the gate to DEFEND your right to democracy! They sacrificed their well being to ensure a dictator does not succeed in truncating the rule of the people. What Jonathan did through the IG of police was a coup against our democracy! And all we can do is laugh and compare them to school children. We are so content with the presidential coup that occured on that day that we call our representatives 'naughty'. No wonder the military era lasted so long!

You are on point. Most Nigerians are ignorant of their rights. Long years of corrupt military rule have made us timid. I am proud of those legislators that breached the illegal police barricade. I am proud of Tambuwal's bravery. He has shown he is a presidential material. President Jonathan, as a typical Nigerian, is abusing his power. I wish he was running for president. I still think he should be a gentleman and resign as speaker since he changed party.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria / Niger Delta Militants In Pictures / Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.