Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,451 members, 7,958,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:02 PM

Absolute Proof Of God's Existence - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Absolute Proof Of God's Existence (13135 Views)

True PROOF Of God's Existence For The DOUBTING Atheist. / Three Arguments For God's Existence / I May No Longer Believe In God Existence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Emmalot121(m): 8:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
Weah96:

Google "hair physiology" and you'll learn how hair follicles are made, sustained, and destroyed.

Here is everything you need to know about grasses, including how each single blade manages to spring out of the soil.
http://home.howstuffworks.com/grass1.htm

If that is insufficient, then purchase any old textbook on botany. They're really cheap, less than ten bucks. Many of them cost 99 cents.

You have yet to produce an argument why I should believe that a dead Jew rose from the dead two thousand years ago and still goes around talking to Nigerian pastors today.

How is that even a remote possibility? Is that a common occurrence around your area?

Faith
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Emmalot121(m): 9:05pm On Nov 23, 2014
Weah96:

Ask him again.
We are the image of God.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Kay17: 9:33pm On Nov 23, 2014
shachris03:

there you go again. Something can be anything but not everything.

Thankfully an admission! I think that settles it
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Emmalot121(m): 9:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
Kay17:

Something can be anything and everything. They are all mutually inclusive. If I say that there is something in my room, it could be anything and everything in my room.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 23, 2014
Emmalot121:
Something can be anything and everything. They are all mutually inclusive. If I say that there is something in my room, it could be anything and everything in my room.

something can be anything and not everything. If you say that there is something in your room, you are refering to one particular thing in your room and not everything in your room, got it?

Kay17:

So the something that everything came from is called God.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by plaetton: 12:29am On Nov 24, 2014
Emmalot121:
Faith

So you agree that faith is irrational?
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Emmalot121(m): 9:42am On Nov 24, 2014
plaetton:

So you agree that faith is irrational?
Plaetton, let's imagine someone comes to you at a bar, where you are drinking wine and tells you that your house is burning, as a rational person, what will you do?
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 24, 2014
TheFury:

If you cannot see anything when you wake up from your bed everyday that tells you something about the nature of God then congratulations! You cannot even explain how a single strand of hair on your head can be created yet you are So confident, so sure, so absolute that there is no God

DeepSight:

You can reflect on your birth, if you or anyone remembers such, or even try to count the hairs on your head. You can sleep, and wake up, and propound and argue again and again. It is up to you. God is what IT is. Life is what it is.

Hair - Evidence #2589654856 for "God".
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 24, 2014
ifeness:

Any book older than 10 years is outdated and invalid.

I reported this comment to the moderators because it is offensive and dangerous. It made me "like" Uyi's post angry
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Kay17: 1:45pm On Nov 24, 2014
shachris03:

[b]something can be anything [/b]and not everything. If you say that there is something in your room, you are refering to one particular thing in your room and not everything in your room, got it?

So the something that everything came from is called God.

You are missing the point. The necessity of God creating everything has been removed. The term 'something' refers to all existent entities. If we can justify the existence of just one entity, all entities are justified.

I know you have it somewhere in your mind, a desperate need to justify God's existence, but it cannot be justified with my argument.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Kay17: 1:50pm On Nov 24, 2014
PoomPoko:

Not holding brief for the theist apologists here but I think arguing otherwise will lead to a logical roller coaster... If ALL THINGS MUST have a beginning, then here HAS TO BE THAT FIRST INSTANCE that kick-starts the other events lest We will have a case of A causing B, B bringing about C, C giving rise to D and D leading to A. No?

It is our understanding of causality that forces us to think that way. We know a continuous chain causalities lead to a hopeless infinity, therefore it becomes necessary to break the chain and have a starting point. And some people have concluded that the starting point must be God. The problem however is that causality is interdependent on time.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Kay17: 2:03pm On Nov 24, 2014
TheFury:
Many thinkers, artists, writers, musicians, politicians, warriors etc have advanced diverse theories about the non existence of God for whatever reason they came up with.

To all the "smart-free born-enlightened-scientific-identity ripped out" fellows who believe powerfully and are absolutely convinced that there is nothing called God....only a "vindictive-bias-unintelligent-vagina loving deity", please I beg you to hold on firmly to your beliefs. Some of you think you have discovered the secrete to your existence and universe cos you can reproduce elaborate theories advanced by individuals who couldn't even explain how a grass grows everyday.

If you cannot see anything when you wake up from your bed everyday that tells you something about the nature of God then congratulations! You cannot even explain how a single strand of hair on your head can be created yet you are So confident, so sure, so absolute that there is no God, there is no beginning and end in time. Many intelligent people have taken your very "sound and reasonable" road, trust me you ain't the first neither will you be the last to doubt the existence of God. Keep the fire burning, "do what thou will".......its all a hoax...there is no God.

But your belief in a Western conception of God could easily be an error from tradition. It is a possibility that humans creative and imaginative enough developed a very powerful idea of God. An idea of God so powerful, people are misled to mistake it for reality. Does the fact that we know too little led us to more errors?!
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Kay17: 2:04pm On Nov 24, 2014
DeepSight:

I dey. I promised you I cannot argue up and down again. We are brief visitors here and anyone who wishes to see can see, or not. God is beyond that which you may ever contemplate. You can just take a second and draw in your entire life and memories, it would help: what you are, where you are going, and the purpose of your sojourn. You can reflect on your birth, if you or anyone remembers such, or even try to count the hairs on your head. You can sleep, and wake up, and propound and argue again and again. It is up to you. God is what IT is. Life is what it is.

No amount of argument or intellectualism, or the pretense of it, will change a DOT of that which has always been, that which IS, and that which will be.

As usual, you are always neck deep in sentiments.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 24, 2014
Martian:

I reported this comment to the moderators because it is offensive and dangerous. It made me "like" Uyi's post angry

Too bad for you. But you like the one which say humans are going to burn for ever?

Next time,report to the Nigerian president.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by macof(m): 4:37pm On Nov 24, 2014
Emmalot121:
He can be used for someone with no gender. As for your who's question, when you break a piece of yam, won't you get to its atom? There is origin for everything. The origin of our universe is something and that something is God, the beginning and the end. Like I said the comprehension of God is beyond human reasoning.

"He" is a gender. The same god is also called father, Lord all masculine titles yet you say he is no man in space
The same god walked the earth on foot in Genesis 3:8 yet he is no humanoid

Your god cannot possibly exist

1 Like

Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by macof(m): 4:38pm On Nov 24, 2014
plaetton:
You argue that everything must have a beginning, then you contradict your claim by stating that god does not have a beginning.
No matter how you spin it, god contradicts his own existence.

Perfect case of cognitive dissonance cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by macof(m): 4:39pm On Nov 24, 2014
Emmalot121:
God is the beginning itself.

so ur god didn't exist before the beginning?
Moment! Wat is this beginning?
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Weah96: 4:42pm On Nov 24, 2014
macof:

Whatever it is, we know that it's SOMETHING.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Emmalot121(m): 5:49pm On Nov 24, 2014
Kay17:

You are missing the point. The necessity of God creating everything has been removed. The term 'something' refers to all existent entities. If we can justify the existence of just one entity, all entities are justified.

I know you have it somewhere in your mind, a desperate need to justify God's existence, but it cannot be justified with my argument.
You are making a mistake here. Like I said, no matter how you look at an atom as one, there are still a lot of sub atomic elements e.g the bible mentioned the 7 Spirts of God, trinity, e.t.c. The writers of bible made God look monolytic so as to prevent His exploitation by pagans. E.g. God said, let US make man in.....
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Emmalot121(m): 5:51pm On Nov 24, 2014
macof:

The same way you refer to the beginng of an element as atom
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Emmalot121(m): 5:54pm On Nov 24, 2014
Kay17:

But your belief in a Western conception of God could easily be an error from tradition. It is a possibility that humans creative and imaginative enough developed a very powerful idea of God. An idea of God so powerful, people are misled to mistake it for reality. Does the fact that we know too little led us to more errors?!
Christianity is not western.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Emmalot121(m): 6:02pm On Nov 24, 2014
macof:

"He" is a gender. The same god is also called father, Lord all masculine titles yet you say he is no man in space

I've answered this question before. Even Jesus came to this world, when Nebuchadnezzar said, He looks like the Son of God. KJV. According to Bible, the Garden is powerful, containing Tree of life and The Tree of knowledge of good and bad, which we read through the Book of Revelations that its in Heaven.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 24, 2014
macof:

This is the point that makes the christian god questionable. The bible claimed this god walk in the garden and even had a meal with Abraham.

God of the bible was probably a Jew or pro-Jew,that is why his son was Jewish too. On the Dollar bill,it is written "in god we trust" The same god who favors Jewish American and Jewish Europeans.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 24, 2014
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Emmalot121(m): 6:28pm On Nov 24, 2014
ifeness:

This is the point that makes the christian god questionable. The bible claimed this god walk in the garden and even had a meal with Abraham.

God of the bible was probably a Jew or pro-Jew,that is why his son was Jewish too. On the Dollar bill,it is written "in god we trust" The same god who favors Jewish American and Jewish Europeans.
Which verse did God eat with Abraham? Don't dilly dally.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 24, 2014
Emmalot121:
Which verse did God eat with Abraham? Don't dilly dally.

Genesis 18:1-8

1 And the Lord appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;

2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,

3 And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:

4 Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree:

5 And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said.

6 And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes upon the hearth.

7 And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetcht a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it.

8 And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Emmalot121(m): 6:56pm On Nov 24, 2014
finofaya:
@Emmalot121

It is you guys who believe in God that think life came from nothing, or rather that there has always been life. Remember that "life" also includes the life of God.

According to the venerated St. Augustine, a thing cannot cause itself, since in order to do that it will have to already exist. God therefore could not have caused himself (or itself) or in other words he has no hand in his existence. By extension, he is not needed in the equation of life.

Also, science doesn't suggest that life came out of nothing. It supposes that life is a reconfiguration of already existing elements. Lastly, atheism is not the same as science.
Note this, there is difference btw created and self existent. God did not create life from nothing, rather, he spoke life into existence.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by finofaya: 7:01pm On Nov 24, 2014
Emmalot121:
Note this, there is difference btw created and self existent. God did not create life from nothing, rather, he spoke life into existence.

Dude, if God is alive, God could not have spoken life into existence.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Emmalot121(m): 7:07pm On Nov 24, 2014
ifeness:

Genesis 18:1-8

1 And the Lord appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;

2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,

3 And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:

4 Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree:

5 And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said.

6 And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes upon the hearth.

7 And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetcht a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it.

8 And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.
From the bible I am using Gen 18:1 used LORD. Gen 18:3 used Lord and they were 3. If I send a poorly fed servant to you to tell you I'm coming to burn your kingdom, will you view the words of the boy as that coming from a servant? Rather as that of mine.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Emmalot121(m): 7:12pm On Nov 24, 2014
finofaya:

Dude, if God is alive, God could not have spoken life into existence.
What do you mean? Even by the words of a mere magician, a rat changes to a bird.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by finofaya: 7:20pm On Nov 24, 2014
Emmalot121:
What do you mean? Even by the words of a mere magician, a rat changes to a bird.

If he is already alive, it is impossible for him to speak life into existence. The life which you say he speaks into being already exists, in him, before he ever opened his mouth. Maybe he shared the life with something else, but he definitely did not create life.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 24, 2014
Emmalot121:
From the bible I am using Gen 18:1 used LORD. Gen 18:3 used Lord and they were 3. If I send a poorly fed servant to you to tell you I'm coming to burn your kingdom, will you view the words of the boy as that coming from a servant? Rather as that of mine.

Remember they were called Lord. Do you know how many other places in the bible the word "Lord" has been used? In this perticular case,the word Lord was used. Could it be because they were seen to have advanced technology? They were on the mission to bomb Sodom and Gomorrah before they met Abraham.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The First Muslim Lollipop Lady In Birmingham! (pics) / Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran / Islam Or Christianity? Which Is True? Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.