Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,129 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:06 AM

Absolute Proof Of God's Existence - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Absolute Proof Of God's Existence (13131 Views)

True PROOF Of God's Existence For The DOUBTING Atheist. / Three Arguments For God's Existence / I May No Longer Believe In God Existence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 24, 2014
Genesis 18
1 And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;
2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,
3 And said, My LORD, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:
4 Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree:
5 And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said.
6 And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes upon the hearth.
7 And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetcht a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it.
8 And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.
9 ¶And they said unto him, Where is Sarah thy wife? And he said, Behold, in the tent.
10 And he said, I will certainly return unto thee according to the time of life; and, lo, Sarah thy wife shall have a son. And Sarah heard it in the tent door, which was behind him.
11 Now Abraham and Sarah were old and well stricken in age; and it ceased to be with Sarah after the manner of women.
12 Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?
13 And the LORD said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old?
14 Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.
15 Then Sarah denied, saying, I laughed not; for she was afraid. And he said, Nay; but thou didst laugh.
16 ¶And the men rose up from thence, and looked toward Sodom: and Abraham went with them to bring them on the way.
17 And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do;
18 Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?
19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Lord, to do justice and judgment; that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.
20 And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;
21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.
22 And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the LORD.
23 ¶And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?
24 Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein?
25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?
26 And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.
27 And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the LORD, which am but dust and ashes:
28 Peradventure there shall lack five of the fifty righteous: wilt thou destroy all the city for lack of five? And he said, If I find there forty and five, I will not destroy it.
29 And he spake unto him yet again, and said, Peradventure there shall be forty found there. And he said, I will not do it for forty’s sake.
30 And he said unto him, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak: Peradventure there shall thirty be found there. And he said, I will not do it, if I find thirty there.
31 And he said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the LORD: Peradventure there shall be twenty found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for twenty’s sake.
32 And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten’s sake.
33 And the LORD went his way, as soon as he had left communing with Abraham: and Abraham returned unto his place.

1) Here we see the Lord (YHWH) appearing (not in a vision or a dream) but physically to Abraham. (v 1)
2) He is identified as one of the three MEN who Abraham saw and prepared Lunch for. ( v 2, 8 )
3) These men have actual physical feet that can be washed, for Abraham offers. ( v 4 )
4) He has a conversation with both Abraham and Sarah and catchs Sarah fibbing that she didn't laugh (v 15)
5) Verse 21 appears that the LORD doesn't know if Sodom and Gomorrah is sinful or not and that he is going to go investigate to verify if what he has heard about it is true.
6) Two of the "Men" head off to go to Sodom and Gomorrah (v 22)
7) YHWH and Abraham are standing talking with each other and get into a haggling match over Sodom and Gomorrah. (23-32)
8 ) YHWH walks away and so does Abraham.

http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/55754-the-immaterial-god-eating-material-lunch-with-abraham/
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 24, 2014
I referenced it to avoid Plagiarism
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Emmalot121(m): 8:21pm On Nov 24, 2014
ifeness:

Remember they were called Lord. Do you know how many other places in the bible the word "Lord" has been used? In this perticular case,the word Lord was used. Could it be because they were seen to have advanced technology? They were on the mission to bomb Sodom and Gomorrah before they met Abraham.

They were Angels of God. He had to call them Lord because they brought him msg from the most High. Read Jeremiah 30 and Rev 18 They prophesied Holocaust and 9/11 respectively. shocked
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 24, 2014
Emmalot121:
They were Angels of God. He had to call them Lord because they brought him msg from the most High. Read Jeremiah 30 and Rev 18 They prophesied Holocaust and 9/11 respectively. shocked

So who was the Lord there and you mean the angels eat food like use and visit the toilet? They are mortals like us too?
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 24, 2014
And verse 21 states your LORD was going to investigate Sodom and Gomorrah? He had no clue what was going on there? Omnipotent god?
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Emmalot121(m): 8:38pm On Nov 24, 2014
ifeness:

So who was the Lord there and you mean the angels eat food like use and visit the toilet? They are mortals like us too?
The angels came in human form, the same way Amen came in human form.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 24, 2014
Emmalot121:
The angels came in human form, the same way Amen came in human form.

Because they have always been in that form. They were mortals/Extraterrestrials/ from another planet..... And besides,the original story was an Egyptian story. Abraham never really existed.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Emmalot121(m): 8:52pm On Nov 24, 2014
ifeness:

Because they have always been in that form. They were mortals/Extraterrestrials/ from another planet..... And besides,the original story was an Egyptian story. Abraham never really existed.
Wait a minute ifeness, open to Isaiah 60 vs 8, Isaiah predicted the use of aeroplane during the coming back of the Jews to reclaim Istrael! Even he was shocked!
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Weah96: 9:02pm On Nov 24, 2014
Emmalot121:
Wait a minute ifeness, open to Isaiah 60 vs 8, Isaiah predicted the use of aeroplane during the coming back of the Jews to reclaim Istrael! Even he was shocked!

Chai!

Isaiah 60:8

Who are these that fly as a cloud, and as the doves to their windows?

Where is the airplane?

2 Likes

Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Emmalot121(m): 9:40pm On Nov 24, 2014
Weah96:

Chai!

Isaiah 60:8

Who are these that fly as a cloud, and as the doves to their windows?

Where is the airplane?
O ga o! So you and ifeness thinks its not an aeroplane after reading the whole chapter 60?! Whao! What does it mean then? He talked about moving people in on land, sea, but was astounded by the vision of the aeroplane that he asked a question. Instead of caving in, you are still arguing over an obvious fact. If he wasn't talking about an airplane, tell me what he was talking about, taking into consideration that he used the knowledge available to him over 13 centuries ago to describe it.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by dalaman: 9:59pm On Nov 24, 2014
Emmalot121:
O ga o! So you and ifeness thinks its not an aeroplane after reading the whole chapter 60?! Whao! What does it mean then? He talked about moving people in on land, sea, but was astounded by the vision of the aeroplane that he asked a question. Instead of caving in, you are still arguing over an obvious fact. If he wasn't talking about an airplane, tell me what he was talking about, taking into consideration that he used the knowledge available to him over 13 centuries ago to describe it.

Where is the airplane mentioned?

1 Like

Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Weah96: 11:05pm On Nov 24, 2014
Emmalot121:

So how come all the expert Christians reached a different conclusion upon analysis of the text and it's meaning?
http://biblehub.com/commentaries/isaiah/60-8.htm
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Emmalot121(m): 6:42am On Nov 25, 2014
Weah96:

So how come all the expert Christians reached a different conclusion upon analysis of the text and it's meaning?
http://biblehub.com/commentaries/isaiah/60-8.htm
At least you can read and write? Metaphor ko, oxymoron ni. If it were anything other than airplane, he would have talked more on it in the next verse. People had been deliberating on the fulfilment of the aircraft 100 years before it happened. So explain using the Bible or you're saying jibberish.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Weah96: 3:46pm On Nov 25, 2014
Emmalot121:
At least you can read and write? Metaphor ko, oxymoron ni. If it were anything other than airplane, he would have talked more on it in the next verse. People had been deliberating on the fulfilment of the aircraft 100 years before it happened. So explain using the Bible or you're saying jibberish.

The general consensus of every Christian scholar is that YOU are telling LIES.

Didn't you click the link? The explanation using the bible was provided by ALL OF THEM.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by DeepSight(m): 4:17pm On Nov 25, 2014
Kay17:

As usual, you are always neck deep in sentiments.

I don't see any sentiments or even any arguments I propounded in what I said there: you are simply completely at liberty to believe whatever suits you. If the idea of God is a conundrum - as it always will be - just be good to your fellow-man, however you may conceive and believe that. Be good to yourself also. I hope that is not too "sentimental" for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Emmalot121(m): 9:08pm On Nov 25, 2014
Weah96:

The general consensus of every Christian scholar is that YOU are telling LIES.

Didn't you click the link? The explanation using the bible was provided by ALL OF THEM.
The verse was written over 23 centuries ago, not 13, the fact is that every commentary against my view was not drawn from the bible i.e the trusted KJV. Rather, it was drawn from the view that it was a gramatical construction, but the verses before and after does not show it as a mere grammatical statement.
Imagine yourself living just 500 yrs ago and you were shown a vision of a airplane, how will you describe it? Isaiah explained that this object moved like cloud and even explained the landing like that of a dove.
Studing the mood he used in pening that statement, we can infer that he sounded confused. I know it appealed to you, that is why you searched for information on it on internet, the many comments showed how powerful the verse was and how many people tried to infer meanings to the clear statement. That apart, are we going to say because there are many arguments, my view ain't true?
The bible says, 'But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing they do gender strives.' 2 Timothy 2:23. My main aim of arguing is to make sure christians are strenghtened and are not shakened by the 'wise' men called atheists.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by DeepSight(m): 12:32am On Nov 26, 2014
Martian:

Hair - Evidence #2589654856 for "God".

Well somethings never change.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Kay17: 8:05pm On Nov 26, 2014
DeepSight:

I don't see any sentiments or even any arguments I propounded in what I said there: you are simply completely at liberty to believe whatever suits you. If the idea of God is a conundrum - as it always will be - just be good to your fellow-man, however you may conceive and believe that. Be good to yourself also. I hope that is not too "sentimental" for you.

Because you earlier suggested one needs to feel grateful and accountable for his existence. And such feelings of gratitude necessitates an authority -- God. That was what I understood by you post.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 30, 2014
nice one bro!you have finished work on this little page, a philosopher will write millions of pages trying to proof God doesn't exist but his whole efforts will be waste because they feed on lies. They only do research on how to justify their lies and also deceive many.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 30, 2014
ifiness is the reason why the middle -east is against the west, trying to remove God/Allah from the human life and accept the doctrine of 'believe in yourself '.

SHOUT OUT TO ALL THOSE THAT BELIEVE IN GOD AND ALL THOSE THAT WILL BELIEVE SOON! YOU SHALL MAKE IT TO HEAVEN BY GOD'S GRACE.

To all those that don't believe YET, maybe you are strong enough to endure the Times of the reign of the antiChrist.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by jjk24(m): 4:59am On Dec 03, 2014
Emmalot121:
Did you read my argument at all? Life could have emanated from something or nothing, both can't exist at same time, so one started the universe, and I proved its something which I enumerated his characteristics. If God has a creator, then his creator becomes God. God is a mystery which your little head can't comprehend.
and yurs can? Pff
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by jjk24(m): 5:03am On Dec 03, 2014
shachris03:

Like he said, for there is nothing like something from nothing. Big Bang tells us that the universe originated from some elements, how did does elements come about? Something must have brought about those elements, don't you think?

Think of God as the origin....like God just popped out and everything as we know them started pumping out from God....before God, there was nothing (as we know nothing to be)....
why will God just pop out? Like its bein said here you can't create something out of nothing and if there was nothing how can God be created? God is a something right?..
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by jjk24(m): 5:11am On Dec 03, 2014
shachris03:

An alternate universe might not exist because it is not proven yet....so it can't be something. But common sense tells us that for us to have anything, there must have being something. That particular something that everything emanated from, is God.
and God has bein proven? See u... Pff lyk u said "its not proven yet... So it can't be something" I think this says it all.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by jjk24(m): 5:21am On Dec 03, 2014
Emmalot121:
Did you witness evolution and big bang?
no. Buht I can explain the process of evolution and big bang better than ull ever be able to explain the existence of your God.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Nobody: 12:10am On Dec 05, 2014
Emmalot121:
Where is cold and xcapist

Yes, how may I help you?
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Acekidc4(m): 3:02pm On Dec 24, 2014
xcapizt:

Yes, how may I help you?

Wadup Bro! Ow u doing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran / The First Muslim Lollipop Lady In Birmingham! (pics) / Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.