Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Absolute Proof Of God's Existence - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Absolute Proof Of God's Existence (12790 Views)

True PROOF Of God's Existence For The DOUBTING Atheist. / Three Arguments For God's Existence / I May No Longer Believe In God Existence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 23, 2014
Looks like the OP has already abandoned his thread or he is on a queue to donate his 10% to Yahweh the Jewish deity.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Kay17: 12:23pm On Nov 23, 2014
Emmalot121:
It would have been so, were not for the bible that gave us the hint about him. Even with this, there are still much to know and I can't delve into explaining the unknown.

Now which is it? Is God known or Unknown, because He cannot be both.

Emmalot121:
@kay17 @ifeness If we came from nothing, then we all should be traceable to nothing. But it isn't, cos we are all traceable to something, the atom. So also can live not be traced to nothing, but something, God.

Nobody said we came from Nothing, nobody said the Universe is from Nothing. These were red herring positions you fathomed us make. We (especially from myself) don't have the contention that the Universe came from Nothing. What I concern myself with is the very important question of 'why there is something rather than nothing.' That is a genuine and enduring question which even religions struggle to solve. We all could easily not exist, and there should be a reason why or a reason why there must be a reason.

shachris03:

Like he said, for there is nothing like something from nothing. Big Bang tells us that the universe originated from some elements, how did does elements come about? Something must have brought about those elements, don't you think?
Think of God as the origin....like God just popped out and everything as we know them started pumping out from God....before God, there was nothing (as we know nothing to be)....

Yes, the Big Bang is said to be a result of some phenomenon. But at the point prior to the beginning of our Universe, we have to question everything we know and our empirical parameters. All our assumptions and understanding of causality (cause - effect relationship) has been under scrutiny in quantum physics, our understanding of time, of space almost absolutely lose meaning. Whether the Big Bang is an effect is also in question.

But for simple minded folks like Emmalot121, our basic assumptions are irrefutable. He does not know causality is an assumption we make and he can't afford to shake it out of his mind hence he creates the human - God!

1 Like

Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 23, 2014
ifeness:

Because the Church said that doesn't mean there is one.

So you want me to now believe otherwise just because you say so? What makes you better than the Church? Can you prove absolutely that there is not God (Almighty)?
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Emmalot121(m): 12:26pm On Nov 23, 2014
ifeness:

Just say you do not know! I do not believe Jesus existed either. My question remains unanswered.
The same way people won't skeptical about your existence 2000 years ago, even if you saved a whole nation. The fact is that the science then was not as developed as what we have now, but the case of Jesus couldn't have been fabricated because every tom d+ick and harry witnessed him. Is it possible to lie to a whole nation that Jesus lived amongst them. Think my brother, think.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 23, 2014
Kay17:

Nobody said we came from Nothing, nobody said the Universe is from Nothing. These were red herring positions you fathomed us make. We (especially from myself) don't have the contention that the Universe came from Nothing. What I concern myself with is the very important question of 'why there is something rather than nothing.' That is a genuine and enduring question which even religions struggle to solve. We all could easily not exist, and there should be a reason why or a reason why there must be a reason.

Yes, the Big Bang is said to be a result of some phenomenon. But at the point prior to the beginning of our Universe, we have to question everything we know and our empirical parameters. All our assumptions and understanding of causality (cause - effect relationship) has been under scrutiny in quantum physics, our understanding of time, of space almost absolutely lose meaning. Whether the Big Bang is an effect is also in question.

But for simple minded folks like Emmalot121, our basic assumptions are irrefutable. He does not know causality is an assumption we make and he can't afford to shake it out of his mind hence he creates the human - God!

if cause and effect is an assumption we made, then there exist a possibility, somehow, of another level of evaluation that we know nothing of yet. One thing i am certain of tho is that they universe did not come from nothing. If there was something before nothing, then that something must be God.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Emmalot121(m): 12:33pm On Nov 23, 2014
Kay17:

Where in my post did I say that nothing is known about God. As I said, it is either life came from nothing or something. For life to come out of nothing, it means nothing itself is something. For nothing to be nothing it has to be dormant. You are just twisting the same questions, all your questions have already being answered.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Emmalot121(m): 12:38pm On Nov 23, 2014
ifeness:
Looks like the OP has already abandoned his thread or he is on a queue to donate his 10% to Yahweh the Jewish deity.
Which church does your wife attend?
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Kay17: 12:43pm On Nov 23, 2014
Emmalot121:
Where in my post did I say that nothing is known about God. As I said, it is either life came from nothing or something. For life to come out of nothing, it means nothing itself is something. For nothing to be nothing it has to be dormant. You are just twisting the same questions, all your questions have already being answered.

Emmalot121:
Everything. Like I said the true nature of God can't be known. I am expecting counter questions from my proof, not asking me to tell you all about God.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Kay17: 12:45pm On Nov 23, 2014
shachris03:

if cause and effect is an assumption we made, then there exist a possibility, somehow, of another level of evaluation that we know nothing of yet. One thing i am certain of tho is that they universe did not come from nothing. If there was something before nothing, then that something must be God.

Aren't we are all somethings?! I dont know why in your vocabulary, God is interchangeable with Something
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
Kay17:

Aren't we are all somethings?!

Stop acting naive. I mean the first something....the origin of all somethings.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 23, 2014
Kay17:

Aren't we are all somethings?! I dont know why in your vocabulary, God is interchangeable with Something

Because God is a something, therefore God exists.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Kay17: 12:50pm On Nov 23, 2014
shachris03:

Stop acting naive. I mean the first something....the origin of all somethings.

Something remains Something, there is no distinction from Somethings
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Kay17: 12:52pm On Nov 23, 2014
shachris03:

Because God is a something, therefore God exists.

This is how bad your conclusion is:

I am a something, therefore I exist.

An alternate universe is something therefore it exists.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Emmalot121(m): 12:57pm On Nov 23, 2014
#ifeness 'won't be skeptical'
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 23, 2014
Kay17:

Something remains Something, there is no distinction from Somethings

Something is not specific, how come they are the same?

From google dictionary.

Something is a thing that is unspecified .

"we stopped for something to eat"
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Emmalot121(m): 1:01pm On Nov 23, 2014
Kay17:

Like I said, we can through the bible have an idea about God; therefore his true nature can't be known.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 23, 2014
Kay17:

This is how bad your conclusion is:

I am a something, therefore I exist.

An alternate universe is something therefore it exists.

An alternate universe might not exist because it is not proven yet....so it can't be something. But common sense tells us that for us to have anything, there must have being something. That particular something that everything emanated from, is God.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Emmalot121(m): 1:06pm On Nov 23, 2014
Kay17 'And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me and live.' Exodus 33:20
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Kay17: 1:32pm On Nov 23, 2014
Emmalot121:
Kay17 'And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me and live.' Exodus 33:20

Sigh
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Kay17: 1:35pm On Nov 23, 2014
shachris03:

An alternate universe might not exist because it is not proven yet....so it can't be something. But common sense tells us that for us to have anything, there must have being something. That particular something that everything emanated from, is God.

I was merely following your faulty logic.

My point is Something is Everything.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 23, 2014
Kay17:

I was merely following your faulty logic.

My point is Something is Everything.

there you go again. Something can be anything but not everything.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by cold(m): 1:51pm On Nov 23, 2014
Emmalot121:
Where is cold and xcapist
Lol..just seeing this. You give me too much credit. Seriously though, this kind of argument is tiring and leaves me mentally spent. All i say now is your god exists right? Fine,go fetch him let me have a one on one with him. I'm tired of debating with his minions and footsoldiers. I want to speak to the man in charge. Surely,if such an all powerful,almighty creator exists this simple request of mine shouldn't be to hard to fulfil. So far no theist has been successful in this quest. Until then your god is only a figment of your imagination. Fit only for a storybook written by primitive goat herding,slave owning men & meant for kids and the gullible.

3 Likes

Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 23, 2014
Emmalot121:
Which church does your wife attend?

My wife is like me...she is a free born.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 23, 2014
Emmalot121:
The same way people won't skeptical about your existence 2000 years ago, even if you saved a whole nation. The fact is that the science then was not as developed as what we have now, but the case of Jesus couldn't have been fabricated because every tom d+ick and harry witnessed him. Is it possible to lie to a whole nation that Jesus lived amongst them. Think my brother, think.

And that we have a detailed account of where he was buried right?
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 23, 2014
cold:

Lol..just seeing this. You give me too much credit. Seriously though, this kind of argument is tiring and leaves me mentally spent. All i say now is your god exists right? Fine,go fetch him let me have a one on one with him. I'm tired of debating with his minions and footsoldiers. I want to speak to the man in charge. Surely,if such an all powerful,almighty creator exists this simple request of mine shouldn't be to hard to fulfil. So far no theist has been successful in this quest. Until then your god is only a figment of your imagination. Fit only for a storybook written by primitive goat herding,slave owning men & meant for kids and the gullible.

You err greatly. You are seeing God as a HE. What if God is not a HE?
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by malakh7: 2:31pm On Nov 23, 2014
shachris03:

*sigh*

God Of The Gaps fallacy.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
malakh7:

*sigh*

God Of The Gaps fallacy.

Mala, i am not gapping here. All i am saying that, if there ever was an original something that existed before anything, that something must be God, because it is from it that all other thing came about. I am not saying that God made the original matter.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by malakh7: 2:53pm On Nov 23, 2014
shachris03:

Mala, i am not gapping here. All i am saying that, if there ever was an original something that existed before anything, that something must be God, because it is from it that all other thing came about. I am not saying that God made the original matter.

same irritating fallacy.

Maybe you should look it up.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by plaetton: 3:14pm On Nov 23, 2014
Emmalot121:
Did you read my argument at all? Life could have emanated from something or nothing, both can't exist at same time, so one started the universe, and I proved its something which I enumerated his characteristics. If God has a creator, then his creator becomes God. God is a mystery which your little head can't comprehend.

How convenient.
The god that you know so much, pray to and sing to. The god that has a son, loves Israel more than Africa. The god that demands payment and threatens to barbeque humanity who reject him IS NOW A MYSTERY

So religion is now the worship of mystery. Right?
A mystery that you are so sure exists, right?

Well then, can we all now agree that MYSTERY CREATED THE UNIVERSE?

4 Likes

Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by plaetton: 3:16pm On Nov 23, 2014
malvisguy212:
the bible indicate that God is acting before time begin.
If that makes sense to you, then good luck.
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by Emmalot121(m): 3:51pm On Nov 23, 2014
cold:

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were they thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools! Romans 1 vs 20-22 #ifeness #kay17 #plaetton
Re: Absolute Proof Of God's Existence by cold(m): 3:52pm On Nov 23, 2014
shachris03:

You err greatly. You are seeing God as a HE. What if God is not a HE?
There is no god. End of!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Line From A Christian Song Resonates With You / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 / Forces Like Police, Soldier, Navy Etc Has No Place In Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.