Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,815,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash (59604 Views)

The Man Who Caused A Scare At The Lagos Airport Today Pictured / See What Was Seen At The Lagos Airport Today (photos) / Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bigtt76(f): 10:20pm On Nov 29, 2014
So my earlier response suffices smiley

Lexyp:
The destination is Nigeria.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bizzle2: 11:23pm On Nov 29, 2014
na wa o, i don rent room and palour for this thread... all because som vindictive egotistical pr!ck is involved in a pissing contest
Lawd have Mercy
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by TheMadame(f): 9:18am On Nov 30, 2014
Kai!
People should stop spreading false information on this thread jare. Olanrewaju studied Criminology in the USA. He was for years the comptroller in charge of CIU which is the Customs Intelligence Unit. He is an investigator. While at the CIU he was asked to investigate a petition against the then comptroller at the airport Mr Ndalati. Olanrewaju proceeded to write a damaging report about the activities of agents at the airport and how Comptroller Ndalati had lost control of the airport command to other agencies, the Comptoller General in Abuja was apparently impressed with Olanrewaius report and proceeded to transfer over 150 officers out of the airport including Comt Ndalati.
Olanrewaju was now sent to take over from Ndalati with the mandate to sanitise the airport. Hence the so called reforms and tsunami all over the airport. Stop deluding yourselves Olanrewaju is going no where until he concludes his assignment of sanitisation. The sooner agents cooperate with him the better.

2 Likes

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Thespecialone(m): 11:01am On Nov 30, 2014
TheMadame:
Kai!
People should stop spreading false information on this thread jare. Olanrewaju studied Criminology in the USA. He was for years the comptroller in charge of CIU which is the Customs Intelligence Unit. He is an investigator. While at the CIU he was asked to investigate a petition against the then comptroller at the airport Mr Ndalati. Olanrewaju proceeded to write a damaging report about the activities of agents at the airport and how Comptroller Ndalati had lost control of the airport command to other agencies, the Comptoller General in Abuja was apparently impressed with Olanrewaius report and proceeded to transfer over 150 officers out of the airport including Comt Ndalati.
Olanrewaju was now sent to take over from Ndalati with the mandate to sanitise the airport. Hence the so called reforms and tsunami all over the airport. Stop deluding yourselves Olanrewaju is going no where until he concludes his assignment of sanitisation. The sooner agents cooperate with him the better.
well said!!!
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by MAITEMA(m): 6:53pm On Nov 30, 2014
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by MAITEMA(m): 6:56pm On Nov 30, 2014
TheMadame:
Kai!

Madam Olodo, Criminology is a branch of Law!
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by saintalone: 7:20pm On Nov 30, 2014
There's no need for all these arguments jare. Na authentic news concerning cargo release I dey interested in...nothing else. If una like, make Olarenwaju study criminology for medical school, or study customs intelligence for Law school, e no concern me, when them go open cargo shed mbok?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by MAITEMA(m): 7:28pm On Nov 30, 2014
saintalone:
There's no need for all these arguments jare. Na authentic news concerning cargo release I dey interested in...nothing else. If una like, make Olarenwaju study criminology for medical school, or study customs intelligence for Law school, e no concern me, when them go open cargo shed mbok?

Thank you.

We are after our goods and people are here analysing and dissecting statements. I am only after my goods, Madam Oversabi cum Olodo should keep proving she knows the idi.ot better I don't know him and don't care to. I was only inquiring from a Customs officer on what he knew of the situation at the airport and also asked him if there was hope for a quick resolution, he gave me the information I passed on here earlier.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by ZACHIE: 7:30pm On Nov 30, 2014
MAITEMA:

So, a degree in Criminology calls you to bar?
Please, bottle your ignorance.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bigtt76(f): 8:53pm On Nov 30, 2014
While criminology maybe a requisite or elective course for Law degree in some universities, it can also be studied as a stand-alone course which will not entitle you to be called to the bar.

Abeg lets not digress into giving this Olanrewaju man too much praise say e study this or that ...whatever he studied obviously not helping his brain. What we should be concerned with is when the sheds would be opened and enough of negative energy please ....we don't want what happened to some of the Chibok girls parents happening here ...please.

We all pray God touches the CAC's heart tomoro and allow clearing to continue.

ZACHIE:

So, a degree in Criminology calls you to bar?
Please, bottle your ignorance.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by helphelp: 9:10pm On Nov 30, 2014
You all should just quit all these crap...

Only info needed now is when clearing will resume...

Haba...no conscience at all from some of you
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by helphelp: 9:13pm On Nov 30, 2014
I've got stuff worth millions hanging in there...

Clients buzzing me minutes after minute...And yet some of you are arguing about criminology, call to bar and ish...

C'mon...the best you guys can do is give adequate info about when the shed will resume work...

May it happen tomorrow. Amen

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by saintalone: 9:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
^^^
Amen
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Lexyp(m): 10:25pm On Nov 30, 2014
Amen
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by TheMadame(f): 11:32pm On Nov 30, 2014
MAITEMA:

You are a rude boy. Secondly your ignorance and lies you have been spreading on this thread stink to the high heavens. You dont want to know the comptroller of the shed where your million Naira goods are locked up,rather you want to inquire information from a junior customs officer in another port who is feeding you wrong information. Continue to stew in the stench of your ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Caveatemptor(m): 11:35pm On Nov 30, 2014
^^
Honestly that MAITEMA,guy illiteracy no get equal on this thread. The ignorance makes you wonder how some of them became importers self.
Imagine leaving your house to go to another house to gather information from a house boy in the other house about the activities of the owner of the house where you are living.

Finally stop deluding yourselves. There is no way that airport can be opened tomorrow. Expect it to open by Tuesday or wwednesday hopefully.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by TheMadame(f): 12:02am On Dec 01, 2014
^
Abi my brother.
Some of them claiming importer million,millions,naa just one packet shirt and one pair of trousers dey import. Dem go come here dey brag of millions. Naa all the kilos we dey see for Nahcco and Sahcol now.
I dont blame some of dem sha. Naa huricane Olanrewaju dey shake them wey no let them see road well.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by MAITEMA(m): 12:05am On Dec 01, 2014
Joining issues further with ye simpletons (the madam, zachie and cavaetemptor) is tantamount to reduction of oneself to a level of sub-human docility because that's where ye trio belong.

You simply don't belong to my league. Once madam olofofo's Mr. Criminologist opens the shed and I get my luggage I will have no reason to cross your cursed paths.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by TheMadame(f): 12:15am On Dec 01, 2014
MAITEMA:
Joining issues further with ye simpletons (the madam, zachie and cavaetemptor) is tantamount to reduction of oneself to a level of sub-human docility because that's where ye trio belong.

You simply don't belong to my league. Once madam olofofo's Mr. Criminologist opens the shed and I get my luggage I will have no reason to cross your cursed paths.

We dey call animal wey get horn,snail dey show face. Small bratlike you dey claim importer million,millions. I laugh in ANCLA language.
Iust be ready to pay Nahcco demurrage for the complete month your packet shirt and one labu trouser spent in the shed. There is no escaping that one.

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by MAITEMA(m): 1:09am On Dec 01, 2014
TheMadame:

We dey call animal wey get horn,snail dey show face. Small bratlike you dey claim importer million,millions. I laugh in ANCLA language.
Iust be ready to pay Nahcco demurrage for the complete month your packet shirt and one labu trouser spent in the shed. There is no escaping that one.

I didn't want to dignify your brash display of slow-wittedness with a response but for the sake of others who may be further drawn into your usual digressive line of thought I chose to.

If your two-bit brain can absorb English comprehension, read through my posts on this thread and pinpoint where I claim to be a multi millionaire or an importer.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bigtt76(f): 6:44am On Dec 01, 2014
Please guys ...enough of all this in-fighting. Nairaland should be an avenue for information and common grounds to fight injustice in the greater Nigeria.

Insulting and causing people unnecessary heartaches not good. I appreciate the likes of r231, TheMadame, Caveatemptor, ZACHIE, MAITEMA and others alike for giving us enough hope as well as frequent updates from NAHCO and SAHCO sheds.

We don't need to taunt each other here on the value of our imports or who knows more than the other. We are here to see to fruition our common goal - Date for the reopening of the sheds.

I know some of you here are genuine Agents and as such feel slighted by updates coming from 'perceived' non-agents ....don't worry we will patronize you guys in the future so no hard feelings. People make mistakes and stand to be corrected.

Our common goal must be achieved. We pray that God who hardened the heart of Pharaoh in other to teach him a lesson before softening his heart to let the Israelite go ....will surely soften CAC Olanrewaju Tajudeen's heart in this new month of December.

Since his mission is in good light - National Security, we all pray that he be recognized and promoted to higher ground and responsibilities where National Security is urgently required grin. Amen

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by TheMadame(f): 6:55am On Dec 01, 2014
MAITEMA:

@ CaveatEmptor

I have my personal items sent as cargo trapped there for 3 weeks now and this is not funny. At this point we don’t need you dampening our spirits by enlightening us on the demurrage being incurred, who owns the Press, goods being prone to theft, ego massaging etc. What we need to hear at this point is news on the so-called meetings being held. If you do not have information on this, stop being a wet blanket.

As a matter of fact, what sort of meetings are these sef? Are the five families in New York meeting for a truce as a result of a Mafia war? We need our goods released and after that if Govt. wants to shut cargo operations at the International Airport, it should simply let Nigerians know.

@MAITE0A,
did you not make the above statement?
Have you been posting so many lies that you forgot claiming importer above?
Continue in your ignorance and get ready for your demurrage.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bigtt76(f): 6:56am On Dec 01, 2014
Please lets cease fire and face the enemy outside abeg undecided

TheMadame:

@MAITE0A,
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by TheMadame(f): 7:10am On Dec 01, 2014
bigtt76:
Please lets cease fire and face the enemy outside abeg undecided

Sorry dear, that brat callerd MAITEMA has been insulting his betters and seniors through out this thread. He has been making false and unsubstansiated comments all over the place.
Right now I am just driving into the cargo section of the airport and the gates of all the sheds remain locked.
The two blue coloured armoured personel carriers are still in front of Nahcco shed gate.
Sahcol and Nahco courier remain shut.
Agents are hanging around the gate and not allowed entry by a team of airforce and police officers.
That is situation on ground from inside the cargo shed as at 0700 hours this morning.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bigtt76(f): 7:21am On Dec 01, 2014
Thank you dear for the update. We will remain optimistic that the sheds will be opened today or tomorrow or Wednesday. We keep our fingers crossed for you, your colleagues and all importers out there. We understand how it feels when ones' livelihood is stalled for no cause. Stay blessed

TheMadame:

Sorry dear, that brat callerd MAITEMA has been insulting his betters and seniors through out this thread. He has been making false and unsubstansiated comments all over the place.
Right now I am just driving into the cargo section of the airport and the gates of all the sheds remain locked.
The two blue coloured armoured personel carriers are still in front of Nahcco shed gate.
Sahcol and Nahco courier remain shut.
Agents are hanging around the gate and not allowed entry by a team of airforce and police officers.
That is situation on ground from inside the cargo shed as at 0700 hours this morning.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by TheMadame(f): 7:24am On Dec 01, 2014
Okay. Will continue to send updates as events unfold through out the day.

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by saintalone: 7:42am On Dec 01, 2014
TheMadame:
Okay. Will continue to send updates as events unfold through out the day.

Oga Madame... I hail o!
Coolu Tempa mbok!

TheMadame:

@MAITE0A,

As for this, I know he CLEARLY stated that he has his PERSONAL ITEMS... Which doesn't make him an importer of millions.

Pls shed ur swords... Any/everyone stands corrected.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by MAITEMA(m): 8:14am On Dec 01, 2014
TheMadame:

@MAITE0A,

"Personal items" = Commercial import.

Clap for yourself.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bigtt76(f): 8:41am On Dec 01, 2014
Guys I think we have gone past this stage now. No more haggling on who is right or wrong or what he said or she said.

We will be looking forward to updates from r231, TheMadame, Caveatemptor and ZACHIE as the day go by. I've come to a conclusion that nobody gains here by giving false updates or hyping the situation to the detriment of the importers.

saintalone:

Oga Madame... I hail o!
Coolu Tempa mbok!
As for this, I know he CLEARLY stated that he has his PERSONAL ITEMS... Which doesn't make him an importer of millions.
Pls shed ur swords... Any/everyone stands corrected.

MAITEMA:

"Personal items" = Commercial import.
Clap for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by helphelp: 11:58am On Dec 01, 2014
Any news yet?

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bigtt76(f): 12:50pm On Dec 01, 2014
We are all hoping there will be news shortly. It might also be that the aforementioned contacts at the NACOH sheds are closely monitoring the situation or in meetings and as such cannot readily update us. Be rest assured there would be news before close of business today.

helphelp:
Any news yet?
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by LiteKing(m): 1:04pm On Dec 01, 2014
Pls house, I need update o! My customers are on my neck
@TheMadame. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Tanker Carrying Petrol Explodes With Driver Trapped inside In Ebonyi (Photos) / Car Splits Into Two After Accident In Delta, But Driver Walks Out Alive. Photos / Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.