Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash (59600 Views)

The Man Who Caused A Scare At The Lagos Airport Today Pictured / See What Was Seen At The Lagos Airport Today (photos) / Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Amazingg: 5:36pm On Nov 28, 2014
Caveatemptor:
^^

abeg say something! Any hope operations will resume on monday?
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Caveatemptor(m): 5:44pm On Nov 28, 2014
^^
Read my reply on page 4. That. is my honest opinion as an insider.
With Olanrewaju,what you see is NOT what you get. The agents may meet his demands on monday and on Tuesday he may shift the goal posts or make extra demands. We need to understand that this man is an egotistical personality. You can never know where you stand with him. This is a battle for supremacy between him and almost all the agencies in the airport. He is determined to prove he is in charge.
May God help us.
When I left the airport today Two Customs Armoured personal carriers were still parked in front of Nahcco warehouse gates. Do the math.

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by TheMadame(f): 6:05pm On Nov 28, 2014
I learnt that the agents that went to the zonal coordinators office today to plead for the airport to be opened were sent back and told to go back to the airport to reconcile their issues with Olanrewaju. So we are back to square one.
The Comptroller general Dikko Inde who can over rule Olanrewaju is said to be out of the country in the USA. He might return to the country over the week end, so let us keep our fingers crossed.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 28, 2014
we should start a cause on change.org. That olarewaju goat needs to be sacked i swear angry

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by MAITEMA(m): 6:18pm On Nov 28, 2014
Olanrewaju should shut the airport forever. If he opens it, shame on him and his entire generation! How can it be well with him with all the curses being rained on his head? See the pain he has caused so many people just because he wants to flex muscle? What sort of country is this? Cant the govt. see this nonsense going on? Oil prices are dropping by the day and it is talking about raising revenue from other sources like import duties yet one imbe.cile has shut down the airport for 2wks now. By Monday it will be 4wks since my cargo arrived Nigeria. Nonsense! Sometimes I wish the military was still in charge of this country.

4 Likes

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by helphelp: 10:36pm On Nov 28, 2014
The most annoying thing about all these is knowing we the importers will be the ones to suffer this egoism tussle
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Nobody: 11:10pm On Nov 28, 2014
Okay my own curse for olarewaju or what ever he is called. May he know no peace and for everyone he keeps causing hurt and pain daily, may the same pain be multiplied in a million folds for him and his children. He can take the entire airport to his house.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by r231(m): 2:03am On Nov 29, 2014
Caveatemptor:
Thank you @ ZACHIE, you are truly on ground as per airport matters. Let them continue listening to someone in the UK while we. that are on. ground in the airport are being called harbingers of bad news because we are tellinng the truth.

As I am posting Olarenwaju who will open the airport is. not even in the office.
The current bennch mark is 50 thousand but Olanrewaju is trying to jerk it up to 100 thousand.

NAGAFF to open customms airport. I laugh. in clearing agent language. .

I am only going by the email sent to me by my agent do please stop acting as if I am in a completion with you........I have shipment worth million from UK and USA sitting out there so the only person I can go to is my agent. Read the thread again I don't think I have mentioned that I work at the airport or claimed o be an agent....

Get your facts right sir.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Caveatemptor(m): 3:50am On Nov 29, 2014
^^
Congratulations,Mr Millionaire.
How can I be in competition with you?Arewe doing the same job?
My grouse with you is that you are sitting on your arze in the UK,misleading importers on this thread with categorical statements about opening of the airport.
In one of your posts you said NAGAFF,would declare a customs airport open. Immediately you made that post I knew you were ignorant and I had to set you right to stop misleading people here.
You have flip flopped about the reopening of the airport from friday to Saturday and now to monday making categorical statements as if you are Commpt Oolanrewaju himself. Monday will soon be here and you will flip flop again.

So you are now relying on your NAGAFF agent for information. I laugh again. Is it agents that can not even cross the gate of the airport that you are relying on for information?

Finally I will have you know that 90%of the so called agents in that airport are touts. Those that have licenses approved by.the customs are. not up to 10% of those operating in the airports. This is one of the things Olanrewaju is trying to stamp out. Getting rid of touts claiming to be agents.

3 Likes

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Neocotez(m): 7:01am On Nov 29, 2014
r231:

Work is starting today, they work half day on Saturday and fully resume for normal clearing duties on Monday.

No need for the recharge card. I am a freight forwarder in UK so my customers shipments are caught up in the whole mess as well plus business been on hold since this whole thing happen......

You can always patronise me when you have a shipment from UK and USA.

Check my signature

Cheers

how far, Glo recharge card no go work for your sim dia?

Kiddin Sir, truely a good news.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by jfkenny(m): 8:00am On Nov 29, 2014
is this for real...
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Pimples(m): 8:09am On Nov 29, 2014
I am tired of answering calls explaining why my customer's goods have not arrived. My warehouse is almost empty.
My major fear is that Dollar price keeps on increasing. I hope it does not get to #190 before airport operations begin.
This december will be bloody.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Ahmed4002(m): 8:23am On Nov 29, 2014
this is getting serious. This olanrewaju is a man of principle. The London guy as he's always called.
We just hope work resume soon. As most of the top official have even travel back to home .

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 29, 2014
This is annoying. If we write a strong worded letter and have everyone sign it and we address it to the president, Cc: National Assembly, Minister of Finance, Senate President, Cg Customs, all media outlets and create a media fireball online probably the president and the CG of customs might take action. They only respond to the wrath of Social Media. We would ask the president to prove to us that he deserves our votes again and also since olarenwaju as indicated interest in protecting our national security, as his employers we should honour his request and transfer him to borno state where he can be of more help in protecting our national security and stopping the flow of illegal arms into the country...just wondering...any thoughts?

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Amazingg: 10:14am On Nov 29, 2014
This is really becoming unbearable!
[quote author=CeejayCharles post=28439268]This is annoying. If we write a strong worded letter and have everyone sign it and we address it to the president, Cc: National Assembly, Minister of Finance, Senate President, Cg Customs, all media outlets and create a media fireball online probably the president and the CG of customs might take action. They only respond to the wrath of Social Media. We would ask the president to prove to us that he deserves our votes again and also since olarenwaju as indicated i
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Caveatemptor(m): 10:32am On Nov 29, 2014
Those who want to import cargo through the airport can route the cargo through the International airport arrival hall as an alternative. As I speak cargo can come in through the International airport arrival hall. The agents there are not affected by the closure of the cargo sheds.

My tuppence for those intending to bring in cargo.

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by ZACHIE: 10:39am On Nov 29, 2014
In addition, consider Abuja and Kano airports.
Abuja is though expensive to do business.
And when the shed opens finally, avoid NAHCO as much as possible. Route your shipments to SAHCOL.
CAVEATMPTOR indeed

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by helphelp: 11:51am On Nov 29, 2014
ZACHIE:
In addition, consider Abuja and Kano airports.
Abuja is though expensive to do business.
And when the shed opens finally, avoid NAHCO as much as possible. Route your shipments to SAHCOL.
CAVEATMPTOR indeed

But heard SAHCOL takes about a week to 10days to clear one's consignment. How true?
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Lexyp(m): 12:46pm On Nov 29, 2014
Hell am having problem delivering my package this is what i keep on getting when ever I track it.

Nov 8/2014, 05:35pm acceptance USPS Miami, fl

Nov8,20/14,07:49pm departed post office USPS Miami fl

Nov12,20/14,08:37pm arrive at sort facility usps Miami fl

Nov12/2014,8:38pm processed through sort facility USPS Miami fl.

Please I need a reply to this ASAP.

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bigtt76(f): 2:40pm On Nov 29, 2014
Where is final destination? Note that once a USPS parcel leaves US it is no longer track-able until its been delivered and feedback sent to USPS by the local courier or post office.

It might as well be in Nigeria at the mercy of the new MMIA owner - Olanrewaju Tajudeen (wicked yoruba man)

Lexyp:
Hell am having problem delivering my package this is what i keep on getting when ever I track it.

Nov 8/2014, 05:35pm acceptance USPS Miami, fl

Nov8,20/14,07:49pm departed post office USPS Miami fl

Nov12,20/14,08:37pm arrive at sort facility usps Miami fl

Nov12/2014,8:38pm processed through sort facility USPS Miami fl.

Please I need a reply to this ASAP.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by ZACHIE: 2:53pm On Nov 29, 2014
bigtt76:
Where is final destination? N
It might as well be in Nigeria at the mercy of the new MMIA owner - Olanrewaju Tajudeen (wicked yoruba man)

Amunibuni eran Ibiye
It is now about the Yoruba race.
Stupdi Idoit
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bigtt76(f): 3:09pm On Nov 29, 2014
Wetin de worray you? Olanrewaju Tajudeen nor bi yoruba man? The world country de beg am e still de carry shoulder up like those area boys for Lagos ....too much gara-gara dey hin head! Nor mistake me here ...Yorubas are very good people but you cannot discount the egoistic ones amongst them such a this Tajudeen man. I have friends named Tajudeen and Lanre (short for Olanrenwaju) but none are so unforgiving as this one at MMIA ....so pissed off now! He's just an idiotic man I would say.

@ZACHIE ....I won't condescend into insulting you in response cos I don't know you and you don't know me either so ....its not about the Yoruba race ...its about those trying to spoil the race! Lovely weekend to you kiss

ZACHIE:

Amunibuni eran Ibiye
It is now about the Yoruba race.
Stupdi Idoit
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Thespecialone(m): 3:17pm On Nov 29, 2014
Mr mod step in oh before things get out of hand here.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by ZACHIE: 3:18pm On Nov 29, 2014
bigtt76:
Wetin de worray you? Olanrewaju Tajudeen nor bi yoruba man? The world country de beg am e still de carry shoulder up like those area boys for Lagos ....too much gara-gara dey hin head! Nor mistake me here ...Yorubas are very good people but you cannot discount the egoistic ones amongst them such a this Tajudeen man. I have friends named Tajudeen and Lanre (short for Olanrenwaju) but none are so unforgiving as this one at MMIA ....so pissed off now! He's just an idiotic man I would say.

@ZACHIE ....I won't condescend into insulting you in response cos I don't know you and you don't know me either so ....its not about the Yoruba race ...its about those trying to spoil the race! Lovely weekend to you kiss

Aww BigTT.. I am awfully sorry.
I did not mean you. I meant the bustard Olanrewaju pisshole.
You didnt hurt me in any way. But he did and is still doing. I despise him, not you.
I have nothing against you. In fact, I hold nothing again
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by ZACHIE: 3:18pm On Nov 29, 2014
bigtt76:

You didnt hurt me in any way. But he did and is still doing. I despise him, not you.
I have nothing against you. In fact, I hold nothing against anyone here.

Pele joorrr.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by ZACHIE: 3:20pm On Nov 29, 2014
Thespecialone:
Mr mod step in oh before things get out of hand here.
What is going out of hand?
Pack well jorr

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by TheMadame(f): 3:41pm On Nov 29, 2014
bigtt76:
Where is final destination? Note that once a USPS parcel leaves US it is no longer track-able until its been delivered and feedback sent to USPS by the local courier or post office.

Sweet heart, Taju Olanrewaju is just a Yoruba man by name ooo. But naa complete Americana man.

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bigtt76(f): 5:09pm On Nov 29, 2014
No offense dearie smiley

ZACHIE:

I have nothing against you. In fact, I hold nothing against anyone here.

Pele joorrr.

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by MAITEMA(m): 6:50pm On Nov 29, 2014
Guys I've done a bit of digging and from all indications Olanrewaju is mental case who is vindictive and a hard nut to crack. He's also a lawyer by training. This reliable source informed me that he's due for transfer from the Airport by January 2015 anyway so he has nothing to lose as he will not be removed from his post as a result of this. The best way out of this snag is for the agents to accept his terms which he is claiming is in the best interest of the country. The person I spoke with is a Customs officer based in Apapa and he also said that he expects that the issue will be resolved next week.

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by PoorUgly(m): 7:21pm On Nov 29, 2014
We the members of Nigerian Importers (both mini, midi and mega) Union (NIU), I wish such union is existing, but you all know what I mean, right? Right.

I hereby call upon you all to hit up (if possible flood it with humble appeal) Mr President's facebook page, begging him to intervene.

Just type Goodluck Jonathan on facebook search and select the result with over 1.7m likes, that's his original facebook.

Peace!!! To all importers.

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bigtt76(f): 7:35pm On Nov 29, 2014
Not surprised though angry (apologies to my yoruba friends and fellow thread members) ...he's too vindictive and if only he would bother to look inside and think of how many people jobless out there trying to fend for themselves through mini imports some with loan facilities from friends and banks. Everyone is expected to pay up end of the year at least but now becos of this most cannot.

He's employed and gets his salary but many depend on selling these things to survive. It's just sad that after being at the airport for months, it only occurred to him that there are security lapses shei? All those custom boys influenced by travelers with small small change nor good to discipline na poor importers and agents e get power over.

God de watch ...he will meet his position match someday

MAITEMA:
Guys I've done a bit of digging and from all indications Olanrewaju is mental case who is vindictive and a hard nut to crack. He's also a lawyer by training. This reliable source informed me that he's due for transfer from the Airport by January 2015 anyway so he has nothing to lose as he will not be removed from his post as a result of this. The best way out of this snag is for the agents to accept his terms which he is claiming is in the best interest of the country. The person I spoke with is a Customs officer based in Apapa and he also said that he expects that the issue will be resolved next week. 
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Lexyp(m): 9:55pm On Nov 29, 2014
The destination is Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Tanker Carrying Petrol Explodes With Driver Trapped inside In Ebonyi (Photos) / Car Splits Into Two After Accident In Delta, But Driver Walks Out Alive. Photos / 12 Beautiful Resorts In Nigeria Where You Can Enjoy Your Honeymoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.