Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash (59601 Views)

The Man Who Caused A Scare At The Lagos Airport Today Pictured / See What Was Seen At The Lagos Airport Today (photos) / Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by LiteKing(m): 1:05pm On Dec 01, 2014
bigtt76:
We are all hoping there will be news shortly. It might also be that the aforementioned contacts at the NACOH sheds are closely monitoring the situation or in meetings and as such cannot readily update us. Be rest assured there would be news before close of business today.

Thanks
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by helphelp: 1:21pm On Dec 01, 2014
Heard a meeting is on-going at the Hajj camp...
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by ZACHIE: 1:25pm On Dec 01, 2014
Sitrep.

Nothing to report.
Situation remains static with the Shed shut.
It is rumored that The Comptroller General of Customs may arrive the Airport anytime soon today.
All parties are waiting with bated breadth.

This shutdown is affecting me seriously, as I believe it is affecting a lot you guys regardless of the volume of your import.
Commercial/Personal, every KG is important to the importer.

As for those feeling on top of the world for importing, shalom. I do not intend abusing anyone today. No. not today.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bigtt76(f): 1:28pm On Dec 01, 2014
Thank you ZACHIE. We appreciate your update BUT the bolded below not required.

ZACHIE:
Sitrep.

Nothing to report.
Situation remains static with the Shed shut.
It is rumored that The Comptroller General of Customs may arrive the Airport anytime soon today.
All parties are waiting with bated breadth.

This shutdown is affecting me seriously, as I believe it is affecting a lot you guys regardless of the volume of your import.
Commercial/Personal, every KG is important to the importer.

As for those feeling on top of the world for importing, shalom. I do not intend abusing anyone today. No. not today.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Mariesio: 1:28pm On Dec 01, 2014
I actually bought xmas caps 4 sale in a Father Xmas show stating on Monday, I pray 4 God's intervention 4 the release of our goods ooooo. Amen!!!
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by ZACHIE: 1:31pm On Dec 01, 2014
bigtt76:
Thank you ZACHIE. We appreciate your update BUT the bolded below not required.

I have said as little as my decency will allow. I am much better saying this than allow myself be consumed by bitterness. I am done.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bigtt76(f): 2:33pm On Dec 01, 2014
Thank you. We await more updates team.

ZACHIE:

I have said as little as my decency will allow. I am much better saying this than allow myself be consumed by bitterness. I am done.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bdorg(m): 3:56pm On Dec 01, 2014
na wa o...I don refresh tire hoping to see the good news that the cargo section of mmia has been opened...

please guys any update as today is gone already.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Ralphlauren(m): 4:09pm On Dec 01, 2014
Nigeria is a totally messed up country!

I have cargo that's been at the port for over 2weeks and the freight agent I used has been unable to clear it and have it delivered to the recipient as a result of this mess.

Thanks to all those that have been updating this thread.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bigtt76(f): 4:39pm On Dec 01, 2014
Team - r231, TheMadame, Caveatemptor, ZACHIE, MAITEMA we appreciate your efforts so far in updating the house on the latest. Please any update so far?

Our people say "No news is Good News" .....can we say the same in this situation? A part of me is telling me you guys are busy with the clearing as the shed is now open? grin ...other part of me is saying no dice ....wait till tomorrow undecided

Whichever one it is I guess the waiting game continues. Thank you.

Seun/Super Mods
....please I think this thread deserves the Front Page. Kindly help do the needful. Thank you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by TheMadame(f): 4:50pm On Dec 01, 2014
@bigtt76,
Honestly nobody knows what is going on. Olanrewaju did not even appear at the office today and I left around 1500 hours.
Hope tomorrow will be better.
Right now the status quo remains.

3 Likes

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bigtt76(f): 5:10pm On Dec 01, 2014
Thanks a lot dearie. We are just human ...we can only watch and pray for God to take control. This is a classic example of what men would do if they were God undecided <apologies to my good men here> before ona crucify me grin

Tomorrow is yet another day ....we will wait together and God forbid ....we will count our losses together! One Love guys.

TheMadame:
@bigtt76,
Honestly nobody knows what is going on. Olanrewaju did not even appear at the office today and I left around 1500 hours.
Hope tomorrow will be better.
Right now the status quo remains.

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Thespecialone(m): 5:21pm On Dec 01, 2014
bigtt76:
Team - r231, TheMadame, Caveatemptor, ZACHIE, MAITEMA we appreciate your efforts so far in updating the house on the latest. Please any update so far?

Our people say "No news is Good News" .....can we say the same in this situation? A part of me is telling me you guys are busy with the clearing as the shed is now open? grin ...other part of me is saying no dice ....wait till tomorrow undecided

Whichever one it is I guess the waiting game continues. Thank you.

Seun/Super Mods
....please I think this thread deserves the Front Page. Kindly help do the needful. Thank you
it was on FP shortly after the thread was created. That's how I saw it.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Thespecialone(m): 5:25pm On Dec 01, 2014
Though I have had my goods stuck there for four weeks now, I'm silently asking myself what if Olarenwaju is actually right and has the backing of the law? Because for someone to shut down aa facility as important as that he really may have good reasons to. Or are people just complaining because they don't want things to be done the right way? #JustSaying

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bigtt76(f): 5:30pm On Dec 01, 2014
Well it's no more there. It would be nice if its there. At least we get some of these government officials who snoop around once in a while ...it might do us all good.

Mods ...oya biko ....e jooooooooooor .....yankuri wink

Thespecialone:
it was on FP shortly after the thread was created. That's how I saw it.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by LiteKing(m): 5:38pm On Dec 01, 2014
hmmmm! na wao! i refresh to get update so tey battery run down. things we take 4 granted.
i beg God go bless all d mamas nd papas wey dey d house. Una do regulate my blood to normal. Reason: my shipper no even see anythin tell me. Now i feel like say i dey d airport sef. God bless u all. U'r doin a great job here. Kudos
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by ZACHIE: 5:39pm On Dec 01, 2014
Thespecialone:
Though I have had my goods stuck there for four weeks now, I'm silently asking myself what if Olarenwaju is actually right and has the backing of the law? Because for someone to shut down aa facility as important as that he really may have good reasons to. Or are people just complaining because they don't want things to be done the right way? #JustSaying

Maybe, maybe not.
Statutorilly, he has the power of the Law to make changes and improve the system.
No one has ever denied him that right.
What everyone is miffed about is his constantly tinkering with the processes midway.
You don,t shift the post at every turn at your whims. There are a whole lot of people involved and system disruption.
You cannot be changing processes and procedures as you change your boxers. people will rebel. It is the nature of man to balk.

Well, he has succeeded in shutting and killing a part of Government business.
Whatever he does will only make an already overburdened people to be laden with more taxes.

I wish him well.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by MAITEMA(m): 5:53pm On Dec 01, 2014
Nothing meaningful to report. My shipper informed me that Cargo Airlines have suspended shipment MMIA cargo section as there's no space to drop off cargo, hopefully this development should pile more pressure.

I also thought it wise to publish a picture of the evil man here so that we can all place a face to our tormentor and channel our anger and venom appropriately.

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bigtt76(f): 5:57pm On Dec 01, 2014
Wicked face ....not far from my thoughts though angry

MAITEMA:
Nothing meaningful to report. My shipper informed me that Cargo Airlines have suspended shipment MMIA cargo section as there's no space to drop off cargo, hopefully this development should pile more pressure.

I also thought it wise to publish a picture of the evil man here so that we can all place a face to our tormentor and channel our anger and venom appropriately.

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by MAITEMA(m): 6:00pm On Dec 01, 2014
Just in case someone's doubting again, here's my source for the picture.

http://anlcaupdates.com/2013/august2013/anlca-apologises-to-ptml-command.htm
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by ZACHIE: 6:00pm On Dec 01, 2014
Who can confirm if indeed he had gone to Abuja?
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by MAITEMA(m): 6:02pm On Dec 01, 2014
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by ZACHIE: 6:04pm On Dec 01, 2014
MAITEMA:

I was targeting Mr. Olanrewaju jorr but his picture refused to attach.. wink wink wink wink wink

Pele, aburo
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by MAITEMA(m): 6:07pm On Dec 01, 2014
ZACHIE:

I was targeting Mr. Olanrewaju jorr but his picture refused to attach.. wink wink wink wink wink
Pele, aburo

We are together in this battle ZACHIE. I dont remember being this angry and frustrated in several decades.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by ZACHIE: 6:15pm On Dec 01, 2014
MAITEMA:

We are together in this battle ZACHIE. I dont remember being this angry and frustrated in several decades.

TWITTER would have blown this matter out of Olanrewaju`s reach but how do we make him Trend when
Customs on Twitter seem not to be aware of all the English we have been writing here:

"@nadose: @CustomsNG is the strike over yet?"Who's striking?

https://twitter.com/CustomsNG/status/539410530654765056
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by MAITEMA(m): 6:21pm On Dec 01, 2014
ZACHIE:

TWITTER would have blown this matter out of Olanrewaju`s reach but how do we make him Trend when
Customs on Twitter seem not to be aware of all the English we have been writing here:

That twitter handle is questionable. I have my doubts if it is indeed Nigerian Customs Official twitter handle. I looked up a number there and called the number listed there for the supposed Comptroller in Seme. The dude started blabbing about helping me to get my cargo out and also mentioned me coming to Seme etc.. I just thought those lines sounded familiar. He may be a con man. I'm not saying he is though. SO guys, you can look up the number on the twitter handle, bombard it with calls and see what you come up with.
https://twitter.com/customsnigeria
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by MAITEMA(m): 6:31pm On Dec 01, 2014
ZACHIE:

I was definitely talking to a conman. I have noticed that the twitter handle you gave (CustomsNG) and the one I contacted (Customsnigeria) are different.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by ZACHIE: 6:32pm On Dec 01, 2014
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 01, 2014
I guess bombarding both customs and Mr presidents twitter and facebook handle would generate more buzz and hope they reason well.

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by ZACHIE: 6:34pm On Dec 01, 2014
MAITEMA:

I was definitely talking to a conman. I have noticed that the twitter handle you gave (CustomsNG) and the one I contacted (Customsnigeria) are different.
Oh. I checked. That handle is fake.
You go fear fear. Naija and fakery.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 01, 2014
Checked https://www.customs.gov.ng/General/contact.php and could see their twitter handle
ZACHIE:

Oh. I checked. That handle is fake.
You go fear fear. Naija and fakery.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by ZACHIE: 7:03pm On Dec 01, 2014
deyinkadeji:
Checked https://www.customs.gov.ng/General/contact.php and could see their twitter handle
y

Nobody go read that thing, my brother.

It is best to make it an open plea than a in-house grumbling.
Take to Twitter and Facebook, please.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Tanker Carrying Petrol Explodes With Driver Trapped inside In Ebonyi (Photos) / Car Splits Into Two After Accident In Delta, But Driver Walks Out Alive. Photos / 12 Beautiful Resorts In Nigeria Where You Can Enjoy Your Honeymoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.