Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,971 members, 7,810,692 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa (72366 Views)

Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone / Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / Her Uk Travel Woes; Any Recourse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa by JustCurious: 1:01pm On Nov 23, 2014
otiigba1:
angry angry very 0ld news, they are both living in the UK happily now, no one was prosecuted for this alleged crime, because of lack of evidence

Very old news. This is why I am curious if the whistle blower is on nairaland.
Re: Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 23, 2014
sandijey:

Obama is about to change that. Guy is not going back on his immigration plans. He is gonna change the lives of over 4 million people.

Its gonna be the greatest legacy since abolition of slave trade.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 23, 2014
sexuential:
though the act is wrong but why would Nigerians or who ever be so desperate to witch hunt his/her fellow. I pray d "who ever" seats on d same seat as those bn hurt, to feel d scenario they are in.
if you agree it is bad , then the guy that reported never did anything wrong.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa by otiigba1(m): 1:05pm On Nov 23, 2014
majekdom2:
hey mr stop seeking unnecessary pity , the fact that you lived legitimately dont mean you are above the law, that place is not Nigeria. If there is no boundaries , they may be infected with gate and fence jumping syndrome. They need sanity to be maintained in their country.
grin grin gate and fence jumping, very funny
Re: Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa by jess5(f): 1:06pm On Nov 23, 2014
Very funny grin
News from 2009 making front page like it's fresh. Here is a link to the article as it was published 5 years ago http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1228739/This-man-married-OWN-daughter-allowed-stay-Britain--Home-Office-knew-it.html

And it's not like the op made it look like it's old news he's putting up so the topic can be discussed. It's posted like it's some kind of breaking news grin.
Re: Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 23, 2014
JustCurious:

Whatever must have made this old man commit such abominable act is damn serious...by the way, Is this whistle blower on Nairaland? #JustCurious. B-)
tho , I don't know him or life challenges ... But with him commiting the crime , he is irresponsible . He couldn't make something out of himself or give his daughter a good life with " 30 years abroad". He travelled when naija, didn't need a visa to enter Uk.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa by kenex4ever(m): 1:11pm On Nov 23, 2014
Hmm, Y r diz people spoiling our image overseas.
Re: Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa by otiigba1(m): 1:12pm On Nov 23, 2014
unsuprisingly the pakistanis,indians and the turks has been doing this (marrying their cousings, brothers and sisters)in the the name of religion in the UK legally with no qualms, they call it Arranged marriage, so whats the big deal?
majekdom2:
thumbs up
Re: Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 23, 2014
otiigba1:
unsuprisingly the pakistanis,indians and the turks has been doing this (marrying their cousings, brothers and sisters)in the the name of religion in the UK legally with no qualms, they call it Arranged marriage, so whats the big deal?
bro , it is an abomination even in the mans native place. If you had said the Americans , Canadians and Britons it may have been different , take a look at the countries you want nigerians to emulate and you think there can be changes in Nigeria. You will need no soothsayer to tell you with time the challenges a temporary resident faces may soon be permanent resident's who got a stay thru marriage and from a foreign country.
Re: Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa by pappilo(m): 1:25pm On Nov 23, 2014
After seeing his picture I am sure I have seen this man quite recently either at Squires on Dagenham Heathway or Lekki Lounge in Barking.

This kind of confirms Otigbas claim that there was no prosecution.
Re: Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa by kenex4ever(m): 1:30pm On Nov 23, 2014
safarigirl:
azzin, as if you know what was on my mind.

That someone would go to such lengths to block another person's progress is really disturbing. Haba! Make some people pity other people now. And the worst thing is e go be pesin wey dem know
How partial can u guys b on dis forum? U r calling this "progress" now abi? If it were to b another tribe I no u probably won't sound this way. Do u know what this singular act can cause to our image? Some have started blaming it on govt and others on d guy dat xposed dia evil deed. Double standards everywhere.
A particular tribe will scam some1 in d US and they will say " it's d fault of d govt, if d govt provides 4 d masses will dey go n scam/swindle people"? But anoda will do dsame thing n dey start shouting "they are spoiling our name, in fact dey dnt deserve to b in dis con3.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa by stanisbaratheon: 1:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
AreaFada2:

Dubai Campus of Cantab or Al-Hakli Burtulla Al-Khartoun Misraboul University of Dubai? grin cheesy shocked

chai!! Who do you this thing?? cheesy
Re: Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa by rigarmortis: 1:48pm On Nov 23, 2014
The height of ''sophistication''
Re: Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa by ogbonoeba: 1:50pm On Nov 23, 2014
jboy73:
Thats 9ja for u.

Thank God I was born and brought up in the US.

No need to fake visa.

Ooops!
Make I go read for Exam 2Moro.
To pass exam for Cambridge university no be day job.

The blue passport is awesome
Re: Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa by Icecomrade: 2:01pm On Nov 23, 2014
God punish whistle blowers

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 23, 2014
otiigba1:
angry angry very 0ld news, they are both living in the UK happily now, no one was prosecuted for this alleged crime, because of lack of evidence

angry I remember you from that serious thread angry
Re: Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 23, 2014
The comments are not what I expected embarassed

I think I need to repent grin
Re: Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa by Dalyricz(m): 2:13pm On Nov 23, 2014
coldgate:
While not in support of the scam, I am also not surprised to hear that they got wind of the issue from a whistle blower. Some Nigerians and their bad belle.
Re: Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa by Agubosimife(f): 2:17pm On Nov 23, 2014
Na wa o! intelligent Nigerian s
Re: Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa by bosun11(m): 2:19pm On Nov 23, 2014
just because of UK VISA....ISOKAY
Re: Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa by Bamz(m): 2:20pm On Nov 23, 2014
A movie should be made out of this.

How about 'The Ultimate Scam' for a title? cheesy
Re: Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa by safarigirl(f): 2:30pm On Nov 23, 2014
kenex4ever:
How partial can u guys b on dis forum? U r calling this "progress" now abi? If it were to b another tribe I no u probably won't sound this way. Do u know what this singular act can cause to our image? Some have started blaming it on govt and others on d guy dat xposed dia evil deed. Double standards everywhere.
A particular tribe will scam some1 in d US and they will say " it's d fault of d govt, if d govt provides 4 d masses will dey go n scam/swindle people"? But anoda will do dsame thing n dey start shouting "they are spoiling our name, in fact dey dnt deserve to b in dis con3.
who are the 'they'? See, I no dey for this una tribe matter. My comment woul've been same if the people were Igbo, Ijaw or even Ibira.
Re: Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa by otiigba1(m): 2:42pm On Nov 23, 2014
datalossvictim1:

angry I remember you from that serious thread angry
tongue tongue tongue hi Gorgeous?
Re: Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa by otiigba1(m): 2:46pm On Nov 23, 2014
majekdom2:
tho , I don't know him or life challenges ... But with him commiting the crime , he is irresponsible . He couldn't make something out of himself or give his daughter a good life with " 30 years abroad". He travelled when naija, didn't need a visa to enter Uk.
TRUE TALK
Re: Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa by otiigba1(m): 2:48pm On Nov 23, 2014
majekdom2:
bro , it is an abomination even in the mans native place. If you had said the Americans , Canadians and Britons it may have been different , take a look at the countries you want nigerians to emulate and you think there can be changes in Nigeria. You will need no soothsayer to tell you with time the challenges a temporary resident faces may soon be permanent resident's who got a stay thru marriage and from a foreign country.
makes a lot of sense
Re: Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 23, 2014
stanisbaratheon:

intriguing!........you were born and brought up in the US and now schooling in the UK .......i hope you won't graduate in Dubai

No I won't!

Aspiring to graduate in Puerto Rico.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 23, 2014
richesmine:

and u 'll finish it off with phd from the lake of fire. cos d bible says every liar will have his own part in HELL.

Don't push me brother.

I swear if you were God, no man would make heaven.

Don't take life too serious! Everyone knows I was joking.

I wish u what u wished me.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 23, 2014
danbrowndmf:
oh brother me sef dy wrt 2mao for cambridge oh,oboi we go follow sidown togeda oh

Ha, I never hear ur name b4 for skul o!

Wch cambridge university u d go?
Okkkk, that one for otueke?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Photographer Captures Photos Of 'Never Before Seen' Yellow Penguin (Pics) / What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? / Twitter War: Nigeria Vs Kenya (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.