Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 - Jobs/Vacancies (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 (742500 Views)

Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 / Schlumberger/mi Swaco Aptitude Test On 6/6/2014. Let's Meet Here! / Nnpc Aptitude And Knowledge Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by tempest01(m): 6:27pm On Oct 27, 2015
Switlife:
New NNPC GMD in a bit...

Seems you are in the know.

Let's hope is not another northerner.

I remember when guys here were analyzing if to vote for GEJ or GMB to enhance or prospects of finishing off this recruitment favorably.

Hope you guys did analyze right.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by executivegej: 10:07pm On Oct 27, 2015
na northerner or else Nigeria will be renamed
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by rien05(f): 4:40pm On Oct 28, 2015
Na wa oh. This thread no dey end. Haba since last year fa.

C001B3C1E
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Eruditor: 6:24pm On Oct 28, 2015
This new GMD talk, where is it coming from?
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by tempest01(m): 10:44am On Oct 29, 2015
Eruditor:
This new GMD talk, where is it coming from?

It's obvious...if the present GMD is made a minister after going through the screening process, I think he will be replaced...he can't handle two tough jobs at once
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by rugggedest(m): 10:55pm On Oct 30, 2015
tempest01:

It's obvious...if the present GMD is made a minister after going through the screening process, I think he will be replaced...he can't handle two tough jobs at once

..... Hmmmm .....Analysis Paralysis.....

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Eruditor: 5:11pm On Nov 06, 2015
tempest01:

The bureaucratic bottlenecks will subsist. How does that help Nigeria?
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Dixiechicks(f): 3:14pm On Nov 12, 2015
New ministers appointed. What next.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by prelinctus: 3:25pm On Nov 12, 2015
Dixiechicks:
Keep waiting.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Busbar(m): 4:34pm On Nov 12, 2015
Dixiechicks:
The new minister is not new in NNPC...
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by bloom84: 1:21pm On Nov 16, 2015
Please go to twitter, search for @bloomercy and retweet what I tweeted to President Buhari regarding the NNPC recruitment process. We need to get his attention. Thank you and God bless
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by yungmin: 2:18pm On Nov 16, 2015
bloom84:
Please go to twitter, search for @bloomercy and retweet what I tweeted to President Buhari regarding the NNPC recruitment process. We need to get his attention. Thank you and God bless
you are sounding too desperate to work for NNPC....o. When an employer needs you, they would call you. No b force sad

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by bloom84: 2:40pm On Nov 16, 2015
yungmin:
you are sounding too desperate to work for NNPC....o. When an employer needs you, they would call you. No b force sad

Desperation is not a sin. Thank you
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by cnnman: 5:44pm On Nov 24, 2015
If minister was the problem with nnpc what is happening now that kachikwu has been there from GMD to Minister?
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by prelinctus: 6:38pm On Nov 24, 2015
cnnman:
If minister was the problem with nnpc what is happening now that kachikwu has been there from GMD to Minister?
And who said minister was the problem?
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Otas4real(m): 8:57pm On Nov 24, 2015
Fellows any hope of the interview?
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by cnnman: 6:48pm On Dec 01, 2015
Prelinctus, have you forgotten all the discussions when NNPC had no GMD and after kachikwu's appointment and there was no minister as some said the recruitment will be endorsed by the GMD and the minister?
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by yungmin: 9:55am On Dec 02, 2015
They are even sacking workers at the moment. Yesterday, all support staff at warri refinery were dropped.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by rekeson: 1:50pm On Dec 02, 2015
UPDATE:

1. sometime last week or thereabouts, PPMC was unbundled by GMD/Kachikwu. This was done in order to pave way for effective management and administration.

2. A memo was sent from Abj to WRPC last week instructing the MD to lay off the remaining backup staffs. After which, they should wait for directives from above to conduct a written and oral interview for all the backup staffs that were laid off. Management plans to reinstate about 100-150 successful backup staff who were able to scale through.

3. Management has also directed the leadership of the NNPC Towers in Abuja to deploy more than 700 hundred staffs from the Towers to the various refineries. The minister believes that it is not a wise practice to house more than 1000 staffs in the Towers where there isn't much work, while WRPC for instance is housing just about 700+ staffs.

4. NOTHING HAS BEEN SAID YET ABOUT THE ONGOING RECRUITMENT. BUT THE CURRENT EVENTS AIN'T GIVING US ANY GREEN LIGHT EITHER.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by pejuakinab: 6:54am On Dec 03, 2015
An open letter was sent to one of the minister's mail on monday 30th Nov, informing him about all that had transpired between the hopefuls, Phillips and NNPC from 2012 till date and another message was also sent as an sms for him to read his mail asap so that he would table the matter before the Honorable minister of state for petroleum at the Federal Exco meeting yesterday 2nd Dec, 2015 in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by theochael(m): 3:33pm On Dec 05, 2015
A year after the aptitude test, what next? God we need your Divine Mercy.
Online submission of application 2012
Resubmission of credentials 2013
Aptitude test 5/12/2014
Interview postpone since February 2015
That is why after employing these guys, u will find out that some of them will reject the appointment because they are rich already.
That's what I found out 2012 on nnpc last intake
For our information, they was a complain that a section of the country was not represented in the invitee as a result of poor results because the region failed to meet up with the cutoff. Pls investigate if Ur relation is nnpc staff.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by charlsecy(m): 9:32pm On Dec 06, 2015
Since 2012!

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Dixiechicks(f): 6:57pm On Dec 07, 2015
The day is bright. Its bright and fair. Oh happy day, a day of joy.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 07, 2015
Dixiechicks:
The day is bright. Its bright and fair. Oh happy day, a day of joy.

Baba jellof rice
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 13, 2015
any news on our interview
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Postulates: 6:17pm On Dec 13, 2015

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Postulates: 6:32pm On Dec 13, 2015
cnnman:
Prelinctus, have you forgotten all the discussions when NNPC had no GMD and after kachikwu's appointment and there was no minister as some said the recruitment will be endorsed by the GMD and the minister?

There has never been a time when NNPC has been without a substantive GMD.

P.S: In Nigeria, the word 'Acting' usually translates to 'Substantive' e.g. There was a time Sunday Ehindero, ex-IGP was named as acting IGP for over 2 years - January 2005 to June 2007.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by prelinctus: 6:32pm On Dec 13, 2015
Sombaby, rekeson, babacha, eruditor, dayjahvoo, where art thou?
The guy above me is insinuating that this recruitment has been cancelled. Scoffield's plan is at work oo.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 13, 2015
Postulates:
After perusing this topic for a few hours, I would just address several common issues.

1.) NNPC 2012 requirement which had interviews scheduled in December 2014 is cancelled, albeit not officially confirmed. Reason being that, the GEDs/MDs/GGMs in charge of recruitment process, i.e. chairing the different panels have been retired. A new recruitment committee will have to be constituted. The major issue with the delay in finalizing the recruitment process, was hinged on the fact that, DAM had shortlisted her candidates to take most of the slots regardless of whether they met the requirements or not. Though an allegation, it was further stressed that few MDs/GGMs at the time fought against her plan and applied stalling tactics to prevent the influx of DAMs candidates. Currently, there are no plans to continue the process as it has been deemed onerous, just like the PIB. A new recruitment exercise will be started with transparency and rich trace-ability enforced, between processes within the recruitment exercise.

Though no new date has been set, the new exercise will commence most likely after Q1, 2016. This projection is based on the '20Fixes' initiative which have the refineries performance, corporate center & staffing restructuring, unbundling of PPMC & NGC and rekitting of NPDC as the focal areas. Also, pending massive redeployment and elevation of NNPC staff across the M3 - M6 cadre is going to be approved in Q1, 2016. This will allow the corporation to determine the deficient areas and outline the number of new intakes for the recruitment exercise.

P.S: In summary, I will advice everyone on here to, prepare for a new recruitment exercise.

2.) Kachikwu is underpaid at NNPC: Quotes about him confirming this, are certainly true. I cannot publish information about his claims due to sensitivity issues, but they are certainly, true. IOCs pay better than NNPC, however the power & influence of an NNPC staff is definitely greater especially from management level. An example of this claim is that, NNPC, through NAPIMS sets the spending budget for IOCs. The revered MDs of SNEPCO, SPDC, TOTALNIGERIA, CHEVRON, EXXONMOBIL, ADDAX, SCHLUMBERGER, HALIBURTON et al. have to sweet talk the NAPIMS GGM (M3 level) to get anything done. The perks of office between NNPC & IOCs break-even at GM (M4-level) or even at lower management levels M/DM (M5/M6-levels) in 'Juicy' NNPC subsidiaries externally such as LNG, NIPEX, NAPIMS, NGC, NPDC, PPMC, COMD and internally such as WRPC, PHRC, KRPC, , Pension, Treasury, Audit, Power.
The prestige of the job is probably the attraction for him as the post of NNPC GMD ranks only behind that of President, Vice-President, Senate President, Speaker, National Security Adviser and most likely Chief of Defence Staff; though you could also include the Governor - Central Bank of Nigeria as being tied with NNPC GMD post. Again, it is important to note that Kachikwu was not intended to fill in the NNPC GMD post. If PMB had established his FEC cabinet earlier than August, Kachikwu would have been slotted directly into the ministerial role. The former NNPC GMD, Dr. Joseph Dawha was to spend one year in the saddle, regardless of who won election, due to political issues associated with pacifying the North-Eastern war zone of the country. His one year term expired on August 4, 2015 - the day Kachikwu was appointed, as his role started on August 5, 2014 - the day Engr. Andrew Laah Yakubu was sacked.
PMB appointed Kachikwu to gain more time in selecting his FEC cabinet and satisfy his election financiers who needed assurance that, PMB will not renege on his agreement for selecting Kachikwu as Minister of Petroleum. Thus, the NNPC GMD role for kachikwu was to act as a buffer for the reasons highlighted above.

Also, Kachikwu, did not select the GEDs as they were handpicked by PMB. In fact, Kachikwu had never met any of the GEDs prior to his current time at NNPC. Two of the current four GEDs are favourites, with one of the two, tipped to succeed him on/before May, 2016.

P.S: My ranking of NNPC GMD post alongside other sensitive positions in the country might be wrong, but I would rank it above the SGF, CJN COAS, CAS, CNS, NPF-IG, Chief of Staff to President, All Governors of different states in Nigeria (Remember when the Late. Shehu Ladan turned down Kaduna State Governor post for NNPC GMD in April 2010, after NAMADI SAMBO was picked as Vice-President following Late. President Shehu Musa Yar'Adua's demise. This event substantiates my ranking).

3. Regarding a new GMD, someone else has been tipped for the post as stated in my above point. A northerner would not land the post as the past six GMDs of NNPC prior to the incumbent have been from the North. Yar'Adua (Katsina State -NW), Barkindo (Adamawa State - NE), Ladan (Kaduna State - NW), Oniwon (Kogi State - NC), Yakubu (Kaduna State - NW), Dawha (Borno State -NE). Kachikwu is from Delta State - SS region and status quo will be maintained, implying the post will go to a southerner appointed from within (most likely) or outside (doubt this) the NNPC corporation. Appointing someone from outside the corporation will slow down momentum and progress. It will imply, new tours to the refineries, depots, getting to know the staff, etc. Also, someone who agrees with Kachikwu's policies and has a broad technical capacity for understanding the operational dynamics of a refinery and NNPC operations in general, will be critical factors in deciding who succeeds him. There is no doubt, Kachikwu will have a 90% say in who succeeds him.

His new role, doubling as HMSPR / NNPC GMD is onerous and cumbersome as having to supervise PEF, PPPRA, PTDF, NCDMB, NNPC Group, DPR, Petroleum Ministry et al. is a daunting task. Though he has stated he will combine the two roles for a while, I believe his benchmark for relinquishing his NNPC GMD responsibilities is linked to finalizing the reforms within NNPC - 20Fixes, and other new motivational methods of mindset change for staff.

P.S: A scenario exists where both the Petroleum Minister and NNPC GMD (different people) can be from the South. Such was the case in 2008 when Rilwanu Lukman and Sanusi Barkindo assumed both roles respectively. They were both from the North (Kaduna and Adamawa States respectively).

Shut up your mouth. Interview was scheduled for Feb 2015 and not Dec 2014. You failed the test and u ar praying for them to cancel the recruitment. Do you know how much they paid the consultants.

My people, everything about sthe successfuls is in the database\. Phillips consulting was also their consultant in the last two recruitments; 2008 and 2010.

My people, be optimistic. We will be called for interview next year. Current economic meltdown in oil and gas cause this delay.
Mobil, Chevron, halliburton, Schlumberger and many oil companies are experiencing recess. Many oil companies did not even advertise for
vacancy both home and abroad.

I dont know why u people dont think critically and look at both sides before you make a statement. As a Manager, you wouldnt even want to employ with this economic situation going on not only in Nigeria but the whole world at large.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 13, 2015
prelinctus:
Sombaby, rekeson, babacha, eruditor, dayjahvoo, where art thou?
The guy above me is insinuating that this recruitment has been cancelled. Scoffield's plan is at work oo.

Dont mind the guy. Just stay calm and wait till the worldwide oil crises improve.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Postulates: 7:12pm On Dec 13, 2015
usqoh:

Shut up your mouth. Interview was scheduled for Feb 2015 and not Dec 2014. You failed the test and u ar praying for them to cancel the recruitment. Do you know how much they paid the consultants.

My people, everything about sthe successfuls is in the database\. Phillips consulting was also their consultant in the last two recruitments; 2008 and 2010.

My people, be optimistic. We will be called for interview next year. Current economic meltdown in oil and gas cause this delay.
Mobil, Chevron, halliburton, Schlumberger and many oil companies are experiencing recess. Many oil companies did not even advertise for
vacancy both home and abroad.

I dont know why u people dont think critically and look at both sides before you make a statement. As a Manager, you wouldnt even want to employ with this economic situation going on not only in Nigeria but the whole world at large.

okay

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (195) (Reply)

Etisalat Customer Care Job / Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel / 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.