Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,019 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 - Jobs/Vacancies (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 (742690 Views)

Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 / Schlumberger/mi Swaco Aptitude Test On 6/6/2014. Let's Meet Here! / Nnpc Aptitude And Knowledge Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by prelinctus: 10:00am On Sep 16, 2015
PrivateRyan:
Lol guys chill. Kachikwu's powers will be reduced drastically once a minister is appointed. I believe the minister will hav more say about this recruitment than kachikwu.
Going by your logic, then this recruitment lies solely in Dr Kachikwu's hands considering that there won't be any petroleum minister till President Buhari's 18-month term elapses. Or have you all forgotten that PMB said he'll double as petroleum minister for 18 months? Having said that, there's no way this recruitment will be put on hold till 2017 when a new minister will be appointed. Therefore, Dr Kachikwu is in full control. If he says that GT recruitment is not top priority, then his word is law.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 16, 2015
prelinctus:

Going by your logic, then this recruitment lies solely in Dr Kachikwu's hands considering that there won't be any petroleum minister till President Buhari's 18-month term elapses. Or have you all forgotten that PMB said he'll double as petroleum minister for 18 months? Having said that, there's no way this recruitment will be put on hold till 2017 when a new minister will be appointed. Therefore, Dr Kachikwu is in full control. If he says that GT recruitment is not top priority, then his word is law.

But all we have is hearsay. Donot underestimate how far people who either failed or were not eligible for the test are willing to go. I believe philips consulting should know better and nothing about their body language suggests that we should panic yet. I believe it would be very easy for them to tell us that NNPC has put it on hold inorder to lift the weight off their shoulders but in all their responses to inquiry so far, they have been very careful not to say this, rather their responses always imply that we should be ready.‎ I'm not a blind optimist, I'm just reading btw the lines
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by eHustler(m): 10:23am On Sep 16, 2015
Guys, the Hons. your B.Sc or B.Eng or whatever is carrying should be worthy not only in academic but also in character. Don't allow anybody to massage your ego, the truth is, what you guys are doing here is nothing but a show of shame. Stop this naivety, it belittles you both!
Why argue over nothing? Will the post termed harbinger of despair slow down or cancel the recruitment process? Will this vendetta change anything? Food for thought.
I have said this umpteen times, knowledge is not wisdom. Knowing the right thing to say/do at the right time and place is a quality not possessed by all. It is not always about grammatical prowess, it is about who YOU are. Let's see how these affect the recruitment now!

This is a public forum so nobody has the right to force his/her opinion down the throat of anybody. If you are not comfortable with an opinion, JUMP AND PASS. There is no harm in doing that, and it changes nothing. Trying to correct nothing is an exercise in futility!
Nothing said here will ever affect the status of the recruitment. Why waste your time and energy over nothing?

For the records, i didn't get the text but i'm comfortable where i am now and life goes on.

6 Likes

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by prelinctus: 10:24am On Sep 16, 2015
PrivateRyan:

But all we have is hearsay. Donot underestimate how far people who either failed or were not eligible for the test are willing to go. I believe philips consulting should know better and nothing about their body language suggests that we should panic yet. I believe it would be very easy for them to tell us that NNPC has put it on hold inorder to lift the weight off their shoulders but in all their responses to inquiry so far, they have been very careful not to say this, rather their responses always imply that we should be ready.‎ I'm not a blind optimist, I'm just reading btw the lines
PCL's 'body language' doesn't suggest panic neither does it suggest hope. You don't expect them to start telling people that the recruitment is on hold when NNPC hasn't sent them a memo to that effect. So I have to disagree with you that PCL should know better because really, they don't know anything. They're just contractors waiting for orders from their paymaster.(sic) People are just asking the wrong people the right questions. Rekeson is the only person that has brought info from the right people(NNPC). Now, I'm not saying Rekeson's right but I'll rather hear 'grapevine' from NNPC than any 'automated response' ish from PCL.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by bmyc: 10:47am On Sep 16, 2015
prelinctus:

PCL's 'body language' doesn't suggest panic neither does it suggest hope. You don't expect them to start telling people that the recruitment is on hold when NNPC hasn't sent them a memo to that effect. So I have to disagree with you that PCL should know better because really, they don't know anything. They're just contractors waiting for orders from their paymaster.(sic) People are just asking the wrong people the right questions. Rekeson is the only person that has brought info from the right people(NNPC). Now, I'm not saying Rekeson's right but I'll rather hear 'grapevine' from NNPC than any 'automated response' ish from PCL.
Looking at what you said NNPC has already contracted the recruitment exercise, if assuming the recruitment exercise is cancel don't you know that NNPC will pay them because is a contract? Then if NNPC would have to pay them I see no reason why the recruitment exercise will not be continue at all!

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 16, 2015
prelinctus:

PCL's 'body language' doesn't suggest panic neither does it suggest hope. You don't expect them to start telling people that the recruitment is on hold when NNPC hasn't sent them a memo to that effect. So I have to disagree with you that PCL should know better because really, they don't know anything. They're just contractors waiting for orders from their paymaster.(sic) People are just asking the wrong people the right questions. Rekeson is the only person that has brought info from the right people(NNPC). Now, I'm not saying Rekeson's right but I'll rather hear 'grapevin e' from NNPC than any 'automated response' ish from PCL.

Which brings me to this, what could possibly delay NNPC from sending a memo to PCL that the process has been cancelled or put on hold? I'd answer for u, such a memo has not been sent to PCL becos the recruitment is still valid as we speak. The moment a decision has been reached to terminate it, PCL will know [sic]. The only thing that can lead to a massive downsizing in NNPC is a significant investment in next level technology that would automate most of their processes and we are no where near there yet. Only the Chinese and Japanese can boast of such systems. New refineries are being set up, who would run them? The previous entry level staff have all been promoted, who will fill in the gap?‎

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by cnnman: 12:49pm On Sep 16, 2015
We should be praying to God for a turnaround for good in the price of oil in the international market. Many multinational oil and gas companies are not employing too except where there is exceptional demand for a particular skill. Only God can help us.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by sorbentcrooner(m): 1:45pm On Sep 16, 2015
Loooooooool

Yeah and for once you are right... I seem idle...reason being that I am a madam/supervisor wrt my present job function and as such I don't get to be so busy...just supervising my subordinates and authorizing customers txns(as d case may be)...feel me?

Like you earlier asserted, I won't commit suicide for any reason...see?

Loooooooooooooooooool

For the record, I think I am beginning to like you...

Hmmmmn......So, you are one of those earning millions verifying all day.....Brace up tho, RETAIL looms ahead.........Lol
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by sorbentcrooner(m): 2:06pm On Sep 16, 2015
SomBaby:

Loooooooool

Yeah and for once you are right... I seem idle...reason being that I am a madam/supervisor wrt my present job function and as such I don't get to be so busy...just supervising my subordinates and authorizing customers txns(as d case may be)...feel me?

Like you earlier asserted, I won't commit suicide for any reason...see?

Loooooooooooooooooool

For the record, I think I am beginning to like you....

Hmmmn.....So, u r one of dose earning millons verifying all day.....Brace up, RETAIL looms..lol
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by dtfg: 6:35pm On Sep 16, 2015
The much I know about this recruitiment is, its not cancelled. However, its not a priority right now. I got this info from an admin staff at nnpc towers in Abj

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by MrAyo1234: 9:32pm On Sep 16, 2015
I would have been the right person providing accurate answer to this very brainstorming issue, but in case of privacy as they are always be mindful of what to say not become liars, i will simplify the information heard from HR of NNPC just to clear the air.
Nobody in HR of NNPC can tell the present situation of the recruitment than 'it has not been cancelled' because truly it has not been in anyway cancelled.

Also, PCL can only tell you any information according to their last received Memo which is to put the recruitment exercise on hold, and PCL did not fail to notify us sometimes around April 12th this year for us not to fall victim of Doubt and fraudster.

Moreover, PCL had not finished sending Text messages to the successful candidates.

May GOD bring the expected good news to us as soon as possible. Amen
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Eruditor: 12:43am On Sep 17, 2015
prelinctus:

I don't know where some of you got this assertion from, but if I am to work on the premise that it is true then we have to know that PMB will appoint a Special adviser for the ministry. He obviously cannot oversee the ministry in totality alone neither will he rely on the efforts of only the Perm Sec- that's on the one hand. On the other hand, he cannot attend OPEC meetings and summits as the sitting HOS. He will need the Special adviser to take his stead.

The long and short of it is that the Special adviser will be a makeshift Minister (afterall, SAs have the remunerations and status' of ministers) and as such Dr. Kachikwu, will not be Judge and Jury in the petroleum ministry, which NNPC happens to be part of.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Eruditor: 1:18am On Sep 17, 2015
Double post.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Eruditor: 1:26am On Sep 17, 2015
PrivateRyan:

But all we have is hearsay. Donot underestimate how far people who either failed or were not eligible for the test are willing to go

This is a synopsis of what I have been trying to pass across. I have a personal philosophy that guides me on this thread and it has nothing to do with forcefully shoving my opinion down anyone's throat.

When I see a post, whether positive or negative, I first of all do a routine background research on the poster to know his stake. If he is part of the process but his post makes no sense I either air my own views or I just "jump and pass". But when I see he is not part of the process or he has been ejected and then his post makes no sense I rule out his post as gobbledygook, null, void and in some cases I try to redirect the thread.

Whether a post is from NNPC, Kachikwu or God himself, it must pass the litmus test of correctness of the content and relevance to the thread. For instance, Qatar Petroleum (which is the NNPC of Qatar) is on record to have 10,000+ employees. A Google search of NNPC polls the same number of 10,000+ employees.

Now when somebody comes here to say Kachikwu said WRPC has 3 times more workers than Qatar's refinery (?), I want to question the truthfulness of the information, and then it's relevance.

Since when did the running cost of a refinery become a reason to downsize the workforce of a whole corporation? (even when the refinery has been the least of the money-making ventures of that corporation)

There are so many questions, very little answers and with the author of such posts having no stake whatsoever in the recruitment. I am forced to sideline his information as, well. . .pure lies!

Or would you rather believe that the learned GMD is talking such malarkey? grin grin (I learnt that word from Joe Biden)

As a sidenote, I never expected the recruitment to be top priority to him. He is trying to restructure the company, recover stolen loot and rebrand NNPC. Those are his top priorities and he has said it belaboredly. But that doesn't go without saying, that it doesn't need to be a top priority for him to see that it should be completed this year (afterall, it has been budgeted for!).

Andrew Yakubu or Joseph Dawha never said it was a priority for them when the adverts were released in 2012, or when the tests and interviews were almost concluded between 2014 and 2015.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Nobody: 3:59am On Sep 17, 2015
Eruditor:

This is a synopsis of what I have been trying to pass across. I have a personal philosophy that guides me on this thread and it has nothing to do with forcefully shoving my opinion down anyone's throat.

When I see a post, whether positive or negative, I first of all do a routine background research on the poster to know his stake. If he is part of the process but his post makes no sense I either air my own views or I just "jump and pass". But when I see he is not part of the process or he has been ejected and then his post makes no sense I rule out his post as gobbledygook, null, void and in some cases I try to redirect the thread.

Whether a post is from NNPC, Kachikwu or God himself, it must pass the litmus test of correctness of the content and relevance to the thread. For instance, Qatar Petroleum (which is the NNPC of Qatar) is on record to have 10,000+ employees. A Google search of NNPC polls the same number of 10,000+ employees.

Now when somebody comes here to say Kachikwu said WRPC has 3 times more workers than Qatar's refinery (?), I want to question the truthfulness of the information, and then it's relevance.

Since when did the running cost of a refinery become a reason to downsize the workforce of a whole corporation? (even when the refinery has been the least of the money-making ventures of that corporation)

There are so many questions, very little answers and with the author of such posts having no stake whatsoever in the recruitment. I am forced to sideline his information as, well. . .pure lies!

Or would you rather believe that the learned GMD is talking such malarkey? grin grin (I learnt that word from Joe Biden)

As a sidenote, I never expected the recruitment to be top priority to him. He is trying to restructure the company, recover stolen loot and rebrand NNPC. Those are his top priorities and he has said it belaboredly. But that doesn't go without saying, that it doesn't need to be a top priority for him to see that it should be completed this year (afterall, it has been budgeted for!).

Andrew Yakubu or Joseph Dawha never said it was a priority for them when the adverts were released in 2012, or when the tests and interviews were almost concluded between 2014 and 2015.

Hahahahaha. True say. This shud put all the cynics to sleep
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by prelinctus: 8:11am On Sep 17, 2015
Eruditor:

I don't know where some of you got this assertion from, but if I am to work on the premise that it is true then we have to know that PMB will appoint a Special adviser for the ministry. He obviously cannot oversee the ministry in totality alone neither will he rely on the efforts of only the Perm Sec- that's on the one hand. On the other hand, he cannot attend OPEC meetings and summits as the sitting HOS. He will need the Special adviser to take his stead.

The long and short of it is that the Special adviser will be a makeshift Minister (afterall, SAs have the remunerations and status' of ministers) and as such Dr. Kachikwu, will not be Judge and Jury in the petroleum ministry, which NNPC happens to be part of.
@first bolded, there are several links but here's one of them...
http://www.punchng.com/news/president-to-head-ministry-of-petroleum-for-18-months/
@2nd bolded, of course you are right but I never insinuated that. I meant in NNPC, afterall he's GMD of NNPC, and not GMD of petroleum ministry.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by rekeson: 8:38am On Sep 17, 2015
Lengthy trash as usual. Imagine a mere applicant writing comprehension passages and essays for fellow applicants to read. He doesn't update the house with information of any kind, because truly he knows nothing about NNPC. Boasting of how many interviews he has attended, yet he can't even manage to secure a security job.

He is jobless, he is idle, and he is unemployable (he can't secure a job, not in Nigeria).

MATHEMATICS 101

A country with over 16 refineries (not mini refineries) has 10,000+ employees.

Now another country with only 3 or 4 refineries (not mini refineries) has same 10,000+ employees.

Can someone please use d analysis above to explain Kashikwu's assertion to that ignorant MUGU. No wonder he's perpetually unemployable...

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Cwai: 9:21am On Sep 17, 2015
rekeson:
Lengthy trash as usual. Imagine a mere applicant writing comprehension passages and essays for fellow applicants to read. He doesn't update the house with information of any kind, because truly he knows nothing about NNPC. Boasting of how many interviews he has attended, yet he can't even manage to secure a security job.

He is jobless, he is idle, and he is unemployable (he can't secure a job, not in Nigeria).

MATHEMATICS 101

A country with over 16 refineries (not mini refineries) has 10,000+ employees.

Now another country with only 3 or 4 refineries (not mini refineries) has same 10,000+ employees.

Can someone please use d analysis above to explain Kashikwu's assertion to that ignorant MUGU. No wonder he's perpetually unemployable...

you are becoming too petti and taking this whole issue too personally... You made your point and it was well noted you dont have to turn it to funny tantrums save your energy guy. Relax... You being insultive doesnt make you any better. No point being pained over nothing

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by prelinctus: 10:51am On Sep 17, 2015
Cwai:

you are becoming too petti and taking this whole issue too personally... You made your point and it was well noted you dont have to turn it to funny tantrums save your energy guy. Relax... You being insultive doesnt make you any better. No point being pained over nothing
shocked shocked shocked
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by dayjahvoo: 10:52am On Sep 17, 2015
Cwai:

And you are commenting with double standards. Did you read the post he replied to? I understand that eruditor is popular because he's giving hope and Nigerians just love a daily dose of hope (even if its unjustified) but its obvious he started the personal attack.

And he continued it in that post by calling him a liar.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by MrAyo1234: 11:05am On Sep 17, 2015
Mr. Rekeson, please, do check nairaland Rules and Regulations. if you are compliance, then move on but if not, please adjust.

if there is anyone with helpful apdate other than the ones we have on ground rather than the epistle of Israelite from Egypt to Cannan Land, please kindly pass it across.

I tried to pressed whom i know at HR in NNPC but He/She behaved confidential, but all He/She says is 'The exercise has not been cancelled'

Thanks.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by dtfg: 11:28am On Sep 17, 2015
[quote author=Eruditor post=38087032]

As a sidenote, I never expected the recruitment to be top priority to him. He is trying to restructure the company, recover stolen loot and rebrand NNPC. Those are his top priorities and he has said it belaboredly. But that doesn't go without saying, that it doesn't need to be a top priority for him to see that it should be completed this year (afterall, it has been budgeted for!b][/b]

I had to quote that section of your post. Permit me to ask, put into a percentage figure, to what extent of certainty have you to back up such assertion of yours, especially the bolded statement
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by cnnman: 12:41pm On Sep 17, 2015
You people should leave this argument it is not important now. A country with 16 automatic refineries and another country with 3 manual refineries are they the same? Let us be positive in our statements God will hear our prayers. If you are to restructure, don't you know you will need younger professionals to train to perform the way you want the system to run?
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Eruditor: 12:10am On Sep 18, 2015
prelinctus:

@first bolded, there are several links but here's one of them...
http://www.punchng.com/news/president-to-head-ministry-of-petroleum-for-18-months/
@2nd bolded, of course you are right but I never insinuated that. I meant in NNPC, afterall he's GMD of NNPC, and not GMD of petroleum ministry.

Ok @ the link. It is believable but I would have wished to see a video or a direct quote with a non-anonymous source just so APC as a party won't go on to deny it.

In any case it makes sense why he would want to do it that way. The GMD of NNPC will be more comfortable having PMB as his substantive head, and not some Perm Sec or Special Adviser.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Eruditor: 12:18am On Sep 18, 2015
Dtfg,

I can't place a percentage on what I said because it was just based on logic. The logic being that NNPC were already billed to conduct the interviews following the text PCL sent. This means that the budget for the recruitment must have already been penned down.

So it now behooves the GMD and Management to see to it that the budget for 2015 is fully implemented-which I know they would do. The only snag now is that the budget year usually ends in March of the following year. So we are expecting them to act between now and March of Next year (2016).
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Eruditor: 2:27am On Sep 18, 2015
Cwai:

The people that want to bamboozle us with illogic are still praying for success emails.

Please read this and tell me how any spin-doctor in the world can attribute this bunkum to Kachikwu:

"He berated the fact that the staff strength of NNPC is triple that of any other oil producing country in the world. He used Qarta as an example; he said Qarta has 16 refineries, but the staff strength of dose 16 refineries is 3 times lesser than that of Nigeria with only 3 functional refineries."

Take note of the following:

1. Staff of NNPC is Triple that of any other oil producing country in the world ( Zobo!)

2. Staff of Qatar Petroleum is 1/3 of Staff of NNPC.

In simple mathematics,

N represents NNPC staff. A represents any other oil producing country in the world.

So, N= 3A therefore, if N is 10,000+, A should have been 3333+.

Let us prod further. CNPC (China's NNPC) has 1000,000+ employees. PETRONAS (Malaysia's NNPC) has 39,000+ employees. PETROBRAS (Brazil's NNPC) has 80,000+ employees.

My people, I am tired of these lies. I am feeling doleful
cry cry

And this is for point 1 alone. What about point 2? Falls like a pack of cards too.

And someone wants you to believe Kachikwu made these statements? Not my Kachikwu !

Now the same people want to teach us about NNPC, English and now Mathematics?

Hahahahahahahahaha! The jokes keep getting better.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Einsteintega: 2:52am On Sep 18, 2015
Good morning
Has anyone gotten an invitation to write Aptitude Test for the Sahara GMT?
Any updates because I'm hearing rumours...
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by rugggedest(m): 3:54am On Sep 18, 2015
dayjahvoo:

You wrestle with a pig, the pig has a nice time and you come out dirty.

So So drama

Scofield245 Vs Everybody that had anything to say

Eruditor Vs Goskian

babacha Vs scarletdp

Precilinctus Vs Babacha

Sombaby Vs Anybody that fights Eruditor

Sombaby Vs Dayjavoo

And now, still on.........

Eruditor Vs Rekeson

.........E go gimmie joy wella if we all meet at the Towers.....

Meanawhila......make una continue.....

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by lastmessenger: 7:57am On Sep 18, 2015
in the end, one thing will conclude the matter i leave you guys to argue your hearts off.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Pinkieblue(f): 1:59pm On Sep 18, 2015
rugggedest:

This one got me laughing so hard.....I laff so tey I fall from my chair nearly mistakenly press the emergency stop button wey dey the Control Panel inside our IPP wey for shutdown on the all the production processes wey dey happen for the FMCG company wey we dey supply lite....(Truth Oo)...my partner dey crash....me dey read NL post....wetin for tell my supervisor say na it cause blackout..... This thread sef....hmm....

So So drama

Eruditor Vs Goskian

babacha Vs scarletdp

Precilinctus Vs Babacha

Sombaby Vs Dayjavoo

Eruditor Vs Rekeson

Lol.....

You have studied this thread the way buhari studied Nigeria for 30 years....

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by scarletdp(m): 9:57pm On Sep 18, 2015
rugggedest:

This one got me laughing so hard.....I laff so tey I fall from my chair nearly mistakenly press the emergency stop button wey dey the Control Panel inside our IPP wey for shutdown on the all the production processes wey dey happen for the FMCG company wey we dey supply lite....(Truth Oo)...my partner dey crash....me dey read NL post....wetin for tell my supervisor say na it cause blackout..... This thread sef....hmm....

So So drama

Eruditor Vs Goskian

babacha Vs scarletdp

Precilinctus Vs Babacha

Sombaby Vs Dayjavoo

Eruditor Vs Rekeson

I am honestly confused. I never had a fall out with babacha oooo...

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (195) (Reply)

Etisalat Customer Care Job / Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel / 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.