Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State (42061 Views)

FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles / Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Firefire(m): 7:54pm On Nov 25, 2014
shizzleStar:

The lion of bourdillion don finish lagos walahi....chaicheesy

cc: acidiosis, firefire, aljharem grin

The Lagos State Government put its total debt stock at a whopping value of N435 billion shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Despite Lagos IGR 75% Of State Budget

where is all the money going for devil's sake ? angry

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by proxillin(m): 7:59pm On Nov 25, 2014
Firefire:

The Lagos State Government put its total debt stock at a whopping value of N435 billion shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I

Every performing economies always service debt.

E..g USA, Italy, Germany, Japan.

Only economic minded fellow will understand this. Forget it.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by shizzleStar: 8:00pm On Nov 25, 2014
Firefire:

Since the kleptomaniac rogue lion bourdillion is not here on nairaland, maybe his paid foot soldiers and butt lickers may have an answer.

cc: gbawe, arresa, sloan, pendy79, ispikdaprof or worefa ur useless name is and all other thief....nubu and apeesh1t e-rodents cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Firefire(m): 8:04pm On Nov 25, 2014
proxillin:

Every performing economies always service debt.

E..g USA, Italy, Germany, Japan.

Only economic minded fellow will understand this. Forget it.

economies service debt

Debt for which project?

Private Pocket projects or Project that benefit the voters?

undecided
Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by proxillin(m): 8:05pm On Nov 25, 2014
Lagos needs a sincere government. Fashola is trying, at least he made the world know how rich Lagos can be, unlike Tinubu.

Lagos still deserve more than fashola.

The IGR is large. I have known this for a long time. Many multinational firms and businesses , transportation e.t.c.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by proxillin(m): 8:10pm On Nov 25, 2014
Firefire:

economies service debt

Debt for which project?

Private Pocket projects or Project that benefit the voters?

undecided

I don't like to argue much, Cuz I have seen many bigots arguing here.

The only loop hole to this IGR stuff is how funds are managed and looted. Lagos is making money, but how is it managed?

Back to your question,

A scenerio:

People are clamoring for 4th mainland bridge.

Fashola says, Lagos can't afford that huge project, except he borrows money from world bank.

Now if fashola borrow the money for the bridge, it will add to Lagos debt.

In actuality , Lagos needs this bridge to bolster its economy.

You spend to bolster your economy. It is called infrastructural investment ...

3 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Firefire(m): 8:12pm On Nov 25, 2014
proxillin:
Lagos needs a sincere government. Fashola is trying, at least he made the world know how rich Lagos can be, unlike Tinubu.

Lagos still deserve more than fashola.

The IGR is large. I have known this for a long time. Many multinational firms and businesses , transportation e.t.c.

God bless you. We demand more from them in respect to the much accrued to them.

What did we get ? Flower Planting. angry
Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by simplychic(f): 8:13pm On Nov 25, 2014
kettykin:
Break Down of the IGR of Lagos

IGR from Banking, Insurance and Financial houses ---------- 20% ---------- Banking industry controlled by Delta igbos
IGR from Telecommunication firms and ISP ------ --- ------ 18%---------- MTN,Etisalat, Airtel foreign owned
IGR from Retail /Wholesale business ------- --- ---16% ----------- Retail and wholesale Business controlled by Igbos
IGR from the Oil and gas and service companies----- -- 30%------ Oil and Gas Industry is actually Niger Delta industry headquartered in Lagos
IGR from Dangote , BUA other top Northern businesses---- 7%------ Bulk importation of Sugar, Flour , Cement from the North
IGR from construction , Agents , land lords -------- 5% ------- construction , Agents , land lords controlled by ALL
IGR from taxi,Okada and bus drivers ------- 1%--------- Taxi , bus driving, Okada controlled by Yorubas and Aboka
IGR from tailors and agbo sellers --- ----- 0%--------- tailors and agbo sellers controlled by Yorubas
IGR from Baba Ijebu, bet9ja --- ---------- 1%---------- Baba Ijebu controlled by Yorubas
IGR from Hotels , bars, clubs , restaurants, eateries --- 2% -- controlled by ALL

May I know the source of your breakdown please, I bet they are the voices you often get whenever you forget to take your pills, arrogant Arrow if your so called if is are so industrious how come not a single state from your region was metioned, you better gather yourselves and go and develop your state, cos it's about to hit the rock. Be honest with yourself your leaders are not doing good and applaud the ones that are doing well

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Firefire(m): 8:17pm On Nov 25, 2014
proxillin:

I don't like to argue much, Cuz I have seen many bigots arguing here.

The only loop hole to this IGR stuff is how funds are managed and looted. Lagos is making money, but how is it managed?

Back to your question,

A scenerio:

People are clamoring for 4th mainland bridge.

Fashola says, Lagos can't afford that huge project, except he borrows money from world bank.

Now if fashola borrow the money for the bridge, it will add to Lagos debt.

In actuality , Lagos needs this bridge to bolster its economy.

You spend to bolster your economy. It is called infrastructural investment ...

With respect to all the borrowing so far by Lagos State government, I am yet to see any beneficial project that directly affect the lower-middle class in Lagos positively.

80% of all the hinterlands roads in Lagos are in a sorry state.

We read of the debt profile, how huge Lagos IGR is and nothing on ground to support the investment.

Lagos is super rich but been run like a privately own business. So unfortunate.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by proxillin(m): 8:20pm On Nov 25, 2014
My fellow Yoruba. Let's pipe down. Let's see points in our Igbo brother's arguments.
They are right in some ramifications.

Some of them are bigots. Some of them are still making sense.

The big questions we need to ask ourselves is:

Are lagosian getting any benefit from the so called IGR ?

Many bad roads, I don't see any reason why Lagos can't take over electricity and stop relying on FG decision.

I can only grade fashola 4/10. Jonathan, 1.3/10

Fashola is no saint

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by proxillin(m): 8:22pm On Nov 25, 2014
Firefire:

With respect to all the borrowing so far by Lagos State government, I am yet to see any beneficial project that directly affect the lower-middle class in Lagos positively.

80% of all the hinterlands roads in Lagos are in a sorry state.

We read of the debt profile, how huge Lagos IGR is and nothing on ground to support the investment.

Lagos is super rich but been run like a privately own business. So unfortunate.

Very right. I like that part "privately own business"

If you stay in Lagos, you won't even be happy about the news of IGR.

Useless IGR

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Firefire(m): 8:32pm On Nov 25, 2014
proxillin:
My fellow Yoruba. Let's pipe down. Let's see points in our Igbo brother's arguments.
They are right in some ramifications.

Some of them are bigots. Some of them are still making sense.

The big questions we need to ask ourselves is:

Are lagosian getting any benefit from the so called IGR ?

Many bad roads, I don't see any reason why Lagos can't take over electricity and stop relying on FG decision.
[b]
I can only grade fashola 4/10. Jonathan, 1.3/10

[/b]Fashola is no saint

I am surprised of the overhyped Fashola being rated as the best governor considering the much fund available at his disposal.

I expect by now Lagos would have become the Original MEGA-CITY but what did we get in return? dilapidated classrooms, bad LG & state roads.

I expect that by now Lagos State would be independent in the matter of Power Generation and would no longer rely on FG, what we got, nothing.

Lagos refusal to domesticate Freedom of Information Bill is undemocratic and unprogressive.

All elected position been fixed from Ikoyi have made the elected to be answerable only to the generalissimo and not to the electorate, why?

Lagos State and indeed all states been govern by APC should be a role model but we got a deafening noise from Pots calling Kettle black and media propaganda.

Nigerians look through the veil and see your real enemy.
Shalom!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by galadima77(m): 8:46pm On Nov 25, 2014
kmariko:
Disappointed with Anambra, Abia, Kano, Kaduna, Oyo and Ogun States

abeg save ur disappointment for the okpolo eye of Niger State
Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by KLand(m): 9:07pm On Nov 25, 2014
Lagos is trying, but it can do better. The potential is still there.

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by ratiken(m): 9:42pm On Nov 25, 2014
rbjimoh:
[color=#006600][/color]. Why do have to sing out your stupidity in the face of incontrovertible facts and evidence? What other state has has performed like Lagos in the last eight years? Keep your PDP member card till 2015 when you would be given N2000 to vote Jonathan

Please list the legacy projects or shut up.
Am not for propaganda. .... I talk facts.
Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Atk1nson(m): 10:00pm On Nov 25, 2014
ratiken:
What has Fashola used all the money for?
Where are the legacy projects?
Why toll gates after these huge funds?

Fashola is the most deceptive Nigerian politician and corruption personified.
must u display ur ignorance or hatred for good. Even d blind n deaf knows Fashola is an outstanding performer as far as Nigeria is concerned

4 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by OAUTemitayo: 10:33pm On Nov 25, 2014
Is that what we are talking about?
Grow up sir
Ngwakwe:

Stop this scrap, Lagos State Government has never had surplus rather the debts are always on the increase.

You want us to believe there was excess funds after 2013 budget was 100% implemented with borrowing.

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 25, 2014
Rexyl:

These States should go and learn from Kwara State o. I am just wondering about the secret of that State.
learn what, you better go back and make your findings very well

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by JayJustus(m): 11:06pm On Nov 25, 2014
when Lagos becomes a sovereign state I will go back and dust my laminated birth certificate and collect Lagos passport...issokay,thanks, bye!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by sweettinz20(m): 11:13pm On Nov 25, 2014
kettykin:

IGR from Banking, Insurance and Financial houses ---------- 20% ---------- Banking industry controlled by Delta igbos
IGR from Telecommunication firms and ISP ------ --- ------ 18%---------- MTN,Etisalat, Airtel foreign owned
IGR from Retail /Wholesale business ------- --- ---16% ----------- Retail and wholesale Business controlled by Igbos
IGR from the Oil and gas and service companies----- -- 30%------ Oil and Gas Industry is actually Niger Delta industry headquartered in Lagos
IGR from Dangote , BUA other top Northern businesses---- 7%------ Bulk importation of Sugar, Flour , Cement from the North
IGR from construction , Agents , land lords -------- 5% ------- construction , Agents , land lords controlled by ALL
IGR from taxi,Okada and bus drivers ------- 1%--------- Taxi , bus driving, Okada controlled by Yorubas and Aboka
IGR from tailors and agbo sellers --- ----- 0%--------- tailors and agbo sellers controlled by Yorubas
IGR from Baba Ijebu, bet9ja --- ---------- 1%---------- Baba Ijebu controlled by Yorubas
IGR from Hotels , bars, clubs , restaurants, eateries --- 2% -- controlled by ALL

sorry but now I c how stupid a human can be,albert Einstein thought of u before his world famous quote,not only niger delta produces oil osun state 2 which is a yoruba state and very soon lagos,go and check most of the investment in lagos are owned by foreigner like banking,telecoms and all those other shit u mentioned,business is done by all in lagos I don't know where u get the idea that business in lagos are owned by igbos.
Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by sweettinz20(m): 11:20pm On Nov 25, 2014
LadyExcellency:
Thanks for refuting this propaganda meant to manipulate gullible Nigerians.
If not for your correction, we have already accepted the junk as gospel truth.

that is federal revenue not igr read before u comment

2 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by sweettinz20(m): 11:47pm On Nov 25, 2014
Boss13:
People, diversification of economy does not translate to Internal Generated Revenue. We should be more interested in generating external revenue rather than taxing ourselves. Lagos IGR is both from taxes and federal allocation. The question people should be asking rather than making a huge noise about how much Lagos has been able to tax people, is where are these IGRs going into. How has these monies being used to generate foreign revenue for the country? How has these monies being used to reduce poverty and unemployment situations in Lagos state.
the question u should ask urself is country in the world that they collect tax,the usa run on taxpayer moni so also the whole of europe and lagos taxing is not up to 50persent of what they collect,b4 nigeria can move forward we need to stop ignorance in this country

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by sademola: 11:50pm On Nov 25, 2014
First., Why bringing ethnicity into this? Secondly, ask the 'Igbos' relocate their "investment"!

kettykin:

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by sweettinz20(m): 11:52pm On Nov 25, 2014
proxillin:

Very right. I like that part "privately own business"

If you stay in Lagos, you won't even be happy about the news of IGR.

Useless IGR
lol the goverment should be paying you ba, nigerians I hail
Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by sweettinz20(m): 11:54pm On Nov 25, 2014
ratiken:

Please list the legacy projects or shut up.
Am not for propaganda. .... I talk facts.
lagos is still the best state in nigeria
Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by papalnuncio: 11:59pm On Nov 25, 2014
y r u guys always tell ur self this fat lies?
no state get generate that

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by abdulwastecx(m): 12:00am On Nov 26, 2014
Firefire:

I am surprised of the overhyped Fashola being rated as the best governor considering the much fund available at his disposal.

I expect by now Lagos would have become the Original MEGA-CITY but what did we get in return? dilapidated classrooms, bad LG & state roads.

I expect that by now Lagos State would be independent in the matter of Power Generation and would no longer rely on FG, what we got, nothing.

Lagos refusal to domesticate Freedom of Information Bill is undemocratic and unprogressive.

All elected position been fixed from Ikoyi have made the elected to be answerable only to the generalissimo and not to the electorate, why?

Lagos State and indeed all states been govern by APC should be a role model but we got a deafening noise from Pots calling Kettle black and media propaganda.

Nigerians look through the veil and see your real enemy.
Shalom!

The major problem with you guys is you don't really know the cost of developing massive infrastructure.

lagos state budget is less around $2.46 billion ( #435billion), for a city or about 12 million people..that amount is grossly inadequate.
cities like Seoul, Tokyo, Yokohama etc spend billions on infrastructure development.

Lagos needs about 10, 000 megawatts of electricity. ..how much do you think that will cost?

Lagos requires about 2 million unit of dwelling units. .how much do you think that will cost?

Lagos requires metro rail to link all the major route in other to decongest the city. ..do you know how many billions dollars will be needed for that?

Lagos need more road network, sea port, a central sewage system, serious water works, more schools etc...these cost billions of dollars to build.

Fashola is doing exceptionally well to be doing the little he is doing.

The city Tokyo alone spend more than 10 billion on infrastructure development despite having a world class infrastructure already

5 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Firefire(m): 12:06am On Nov 26, 2014
abdulwastecx:

Fashola is doing exceptionally well to be doing the little he is doing.

The city Tokyo alone spend more than 10 billion on infrastructure development despite having a world class infrastructure already

Please be kind to enumerate what Fashola has done (successfully) so far for 7yrs+ as per your listed points?

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by EmoBoy(m): 1:06am On Nov 26, 2014
There are some misconceptions on this thread.
1. There's nothing wrong with having a high IGR as long as there is a high level of economic and commercial activity in the area.
2. The high IGR Lagos boasts of shouldn't be a big deal given the numerous strategic national infrastructure and businesses situated in the state.

The praise being showered on Fashola for the high IGR is unnecessary given that he has not achieved substantially given the huge resouces at his disposal. That Lagos is a strategic state in NigeriA is not Fashola's making.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by 9jauk: 1:08am On Nov 26, 2014
Cheap publicity....Stop scoring cheap points APC

..§..

2 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Nobody: 3:03am On Nov 26, 2014
ratiken:
What has Fashola used all the money for?
Where are the legacy projects?
Why toll gates after these huge funds?

Fashola is the most deceptive Nigerian politician and corruption personified.

For real? I mean are you serious.
My dear, why don't you clearly make a research on what fashola has done?instead of publicly exposing your stupidity and ignorance

Governemnt of lagos is ever ready to provide any one with all that he or she needs in assessing fashola. They will also go as far as assisting you in investigating

I did a research so I know.

One of the resons why we have high rate of unemployment is not that there are no jobs like that but that we don't have graduates with substance. Clearly you are an educated illiterate.

Don't give your self excuse based on the educational system Of the country, develop your self and grow.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Nobody: 3:08am On Nov 26, 2014
9jauk:
Cheap publicity....Stop scoring cheap points APC

Its not publicity stunt but the bloody fact.

To say tinubu was. Or is not corrupt will be a blatant lie but he did one good thing, He put fashola on seat

Mind you,fashola's transparency caused a rift between him and tinubu. There are some things beyond fashola, but give it to the man, he don try and God bless him and forgive his flaws

If you will not accept the fact, no issue but please call a spade, a spade.

..§..

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu To FG: "I Will Start Charging You For Free Education On Facebook" / Ortom: PDP Is Stopping Me From Working For Peter Obi / Lekki Floods: Babatunde Adejare Visits Lekki Area After Hours Of Rainfall. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.