Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State (41933 Views)

FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles / Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by freezyprinzy(m): 5:20pm On Nov 25, 2014
*yawns*'oyel' price z drop'n..our reps are jumping...pocket money is droping angry...politicians loothing...political parties blaming...politicians campaign'n.....plz am i ryt or wrong if i say we DOOMED?
Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by dadaayodejio(m): 5:20pm On Nov 25, 2014
Whether 25 or 33% , it still sounds better than any other state
and to the part of who is bringing in the IGR
still a no brainer, u manage resources within ur environment.
And I really am disappointed in Ogun state with Land, sea access and massive "educated" workforce, I would have expected more.

LadyExcellency:
Thanks for refuting this propaganda meant to manipulate gullible Nigerians.
If not for your correction, we have already accepted the junk as gospel truth.

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by phantom(m): 5:21pm On Nov 25, 2014
they finally move it to the front page after........................................the thread has gone to the dogs!
o dear!

**leaves thread**
Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Idrico(m): 5:29pm On Nov 25, 2014
LadyExcellency:
Thanks for refuting this propaganda meant to manipulate gullible Nigerians.
If not for your correction, we have already accepted the junk as gospel truth.
{{Snip}} if federal government gave 23%(N168m) as allocation to Lagos state as stated by Ngozi, the other 77% will come from where?

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by smartigo: 5:29pm On Nov 25, 2014
Can someone remind me what is the bone of contention? Are they refuting the fact that Lagos is a template for good governance or that it would have been impossible if not for them?

Damn! The lazy and playful ones have taken over a beautiful thread so far.

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by esere826: 5:30pm On Nov 25, 2014
nice news.
however, this is to be expected
I'm sure that almost all state capitals have the highest IGR's amongst the cities in their states.

Where I think that Lagos stands out is that it is one of the few states in Nigeria that is quite welcoming to all ethnic groups.
Maybe because it has outgrown such naked ethnic narrowness

There are some cities in Nigeria that lazy indigenous youths daily lay siege at the gates of companies demanding tributes.
I know of an incident in one of such cities were my friend got a job, and the youths told the company that the job should not be given to him.

In the words of the rascals when ushering the young man out of the oil servicing company's work premises
"Na our farm be this. Una don spoil una own farm, u wan come chop for here. Gerrat!!!"

And that was the end of my friends oil career dream

3 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Truckpusher(m): 5:30pm On Nov 25, 2014
tomakint:

You sef see am say these guys are not smart at all......no ugliness in my family tree grin I dey chop life no be all these children of the corn forming hackers online. I remain their Nemesis grin grin
Attacking people based on their perceived look is just so childish.Funny enough most of these peeps are just lowlifes that won't let you get some peace the moment they get to know you in person.....smh

The new trend for these APC e-rats is all about insults and verbal abuse ,But the moment you threaten to smoke them out they begin to whine like a dog. angry

In their tiny head they think they are really anonymous, but trust me as long as you log into any social network - You're just a sitting duck.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 25, 2014
Seun, can't you just ban them?
Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by madjune(m): 5:34pm On Nov 25, 2014
Why won't Lagos top this with all manners of exhorting uniform men on the streets.
Vi0, Lastma, KAI etc.
Generating money for Oga APC.

Madness.

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Acidosis(m): 5:34pm On Nov 25, 2014
Some see a good governor; but I see a failed administration; gross exploitation; & massive wickedness.

I am surprised seeing Lagosians celebrating their excellency's exploitation. What a country!

Tinubu must be smiling & laughing so hard wherever he is!

Funny thing is, most of the dwellers in so called "poor states" still live large and larger than Fashola's aides & worshippers.

You pay DSTV tax; you complain to your boss about your low salary; you spend 10hrs from Alausa to Ojodu; and then come online to praise your excellency.

Lol

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by duni04(m): 5:36pm On Nov 25, 2014
MissMeiya:
Seun, can't you just ban them?
These guys are so jobless that they'll create new ids and come back here when they're banned

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Acidosis(m): 5:37pm On Nov 25, 2014
Tinubu must be laughing so hard in Ikoyi - grin grin grin
Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by sanmibukunmi: 5:43pm On Nov 25, 2014
Rexyl:

These States should go and learn from Kwara State o. I am just wondering about the secret of that State.
ℓ☺ℓ.....dis one no sabi anything O‎​º°˚˚˚°º . Kwara state is just a loval champion among north Central states. Its IGR is not even up to Enugu's own... U be learner ni??
Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by stupor(m): 5:43pm On Nov 25, 2014
Idrico:
Are you so daft,if federal government gave 23%(N168m) as allocation to Lagos state as stated by Ngozi, the other 77% will come from where?

@Idrico

You're Smart !

You're loyal !

You're grateful !

I appreciate that !

You're a genius !

I have read peoples comments and it really saddened and disappointed me,Sometimes, a little knowledge is all we needed in learning.Besides, the words Revenue generation and Allocation are two different words under Public Sector Accounting !

Nice one dude !

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by predentstats: 5:45pm On Nov 25, 2014
Raiders:
Another reason why I think fashola should replace GEJ. 80% of Nigeria revenue is gotten from oil and we need to diversify our revenue and rely less on oil

We should not think that Lagos will generate up to this amount annually without oil money flowing through out the nation.

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Curlieweed: 5:48pm On Nov 25, 2014
duni04:

These guys are so jobless that they'll create new ids and come back here when they're banned

My IT skills are bad but I was wondering if the bans can be extended to IP addresses. A little dose of this childishness can be amusing but the current level is getting positively irritating.

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Acidosis(m): 5:50pm On Nov 25, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by zeroshadow: 5:50pm On Nov 25, 2014
esere826:
nice news.
however, this is to be expected
I'm sure that almost all state capitals have the highest IGR's amongst the cities in their states.

Where I think that Lagos stands out is that it is one of the few states in Nigeria that is quite welcoming to all ethnic groups.
Maybe because it has outgrown such naked ethnic narrowness

There are some cities in Nigeria that lazy indigenous youths daily lay siege at the gates of companies demanding tributes.
I know of an incident in one of such cities were my friend got a job, and the youths told the company that the job should not be given to him.

In the words of the rascals when ushering the young man out of the oil servicing company's work premises
"Na our farm be this. Una don spoil una own farm, u wan come chop for here. Gerrat!!!"

And that was the end of my friends oil career dream

All SW states are welcoming to all ethnic groups and foreigners grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Knocks As Maina Smiles, Waves At Associates After Jail Sentence - Photos / Odili House Invasion: Malami Kicks As Suspect Says He Works For Him / Gas Explosion At Iyana Isashi, Lagos - Residents Burnt Alive (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.