Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,370 members, 7,815,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). (78981 Views)

Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures / Funny Medical School Pictures / Face Of Ajao Estate Grammar School (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by kingthreat(m): 7:30pm On Nov 25, 2014
If only Abu Shekau had access to this kind of 1st class education. Na thinking oooo.
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Sylverbox(m): 7:30pm On Nov 25, 2014
Makes some parents no allow their kids see this pics even by mistake oooo, or else them go answer questions that touch.

1 Like

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by karmaleon: 7:31pm On Nov 25, 2014
[quote author=charlove post=28342596][/quote]

No kids. But wen I do, I can't. Make dem no kidnap dem

1 Like

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Onegai(f): 7:32pm On Nov 25, 2014
I know Lekki British well. To this school, Corona, Grange, Whitesands and more, my only question is this?

How many of your alumni are on the top 20 list of best performing students at SAT, GSCE and other international exams to enter universities?

My nephews went to a kindergarten that, well, their schoolfees could pay an Engineering contract staff. Not that much follow-up at home. When the older one went to Primary school, he had to be taken back a class. He could barely read but had a pretty accent. A lot of these schools are giving cosmetic values. Show me the laboratories, show me the library, show me scores that are incredible when compared to the average Prep school in England, US or India. Show me the innovation entering those minds, show me the list of scholarships won by students, awards amongst their peers etc. Even the best music students rarely come from expensive Lagos schools (trust me on this, or better yet, attend one of MUSON's concerts).

For that N4mil, I'd send my daughter to QA's School and my boys to Harrow.

My kids will go to the kind of school where the teacher has to know more than me, I expect to see all sorts of Science, Arts projects. AP Calculus style, not speaking phonetics and carrying ipads to play and show off with your mates, while your parents feel smug for showing off to society that they can afford to pay for overpriced schooling.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by anonimi: 7:34pm On Nov 25, 2014
Isiterere:

True talk dude.
But reverse is the case because of aimless, clueless leaders and docile followers.

ALL IZZ WELL

How can you conclude 'All is well' after stating that our country has 'aimless, clueless leaders' at all three tiers- federal, state & LGAs- with 'docile followers'

Any reason for the conflicting statements?
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by shamecurls(m): 7:34pm On Nov 25, 2014
Poverty is a Sin
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by cupidhero(m): 7:35pm On Nov 25, 2014
kids from these kind of school can be so annoying,i remember stumbling upon a program of one of the richest schools in PH and all the kids could do is speak ebonics. They had nothing to offer except a fake accent which is wrong and 90% of the boys were obese due to too much comfort. i bet they spend more time on the snooker table than they spend on their school field. I see nothing but great future gamblers and a few brilliant kids. gotta catch em young!!

1 Like

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by extension: 7:35pm On Nov 25, 2014
Why are they not the best in jamb ,neco or waec? At the end the year ,the school without principal in okokomaiko will be the best both in neco and waec.

1 Like

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by tiebe: 7:38pm On Nov 25, 2014
cupidhero:
kids from these kind of school can be so annoying,i remember stumbling upon a program of one of the richest schools in PH and all the kids could do is speak ebonics. They had nothing to offer except a fake accent which is wrong and 90% of the boys were obese due to too much comfort. i bet they spend more time on the snooker table than they spend on their school field. I see nothing but great future gamblers and a few brilliant kids. gotta catch em young!!

i agree that a lot of the children from some of these schools are annoying, that's not the school's fault. the parents who teach them to be fake nko?

also, comfort is not the cause of obesity. . .
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Infomizer(m): 7:39pm On Nov 25, 2014
Codedboy95:
they pay about N2, 911, 300.00/year (day student) N4, 000,300.00/year (boarding) does it worth it ??..
It DOES! Apparently...

1 Like

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Eladua(m): 7:40pm On Nov 25, 2014
Whizzdom:

All is well .... Makoko Grammar School is better dan dis skul jawe

Dont tel me nonsense grin grin

Then send ur child to makoko grammar school.
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by yinkson(m): 7:41pm On Nov 25, 2014
Do they ever pill egusi atall
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by anonimi: 7:41pm On Nov 25, 2014
tiebe:

i agree that a lot of the children from some of these schools are annoying, that's not the school's fault. the parents who teach them to be fake nko?

Is TOO much comfort not ONE of the causeS of obesity, which is a DISEASE
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Isiterere(m): 7:43pm On Nov 25, 2014
anonimi:

How can you conclude 'All is well' after stating that our country has 'aimless, clueless leaders' at all three tiers- federal, state & LGAs- with 'docile followers'

Any reason for the conflicting statements?
...against all odds we're still living and surviving. Only a unique situation can destroy this country. The existence of Nigeria as a country still a mirage to me.

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by meetgaya: 7:43pm On Nov 25, 2014
fiftynaira:
In france were I school there's better facilities than this...

The skul fine e no fine zombi na zombi
When the finish na universities like covenant dem dey go... There by making us th
e bright ones an endangered specie...
grin grin grin
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by tiebe: 7:44pm On Nov 25, 2014
anonimi:

Is TOO much comfort not ONE of the causeS of obesity, which is a DISEASE

nah. not comfort. eating much more than you burn is the cause of obesity. In all the studies of obesity, comfort has not been identified as a cause.

1 Like

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by ifyalways(f): 7:44pm On Nov 25, 2014
Onegai:
I know Lekki British well. To this school, Corona, Grange, Whitesands and more, my only question is this?

How many of your alumni are on the top 20 list of best performing students at SAT, GSCE and other international exams to enter universities?

My nephews went to a kindergarten that, well, their schoolfees could pay an Engineering contract staff. Not that much follow-up at home. When the older one went to Primary school, he had to be taken back a class. He could barely read but had a pretty accent. A lot of these schools are giving cosmetic values. Show me the laboratories, show me the library, show me scores that are incredible when compared to the average Prep school in England, US or India. Show me the innovation entering those minds, show me the list of scholarships won by students, awards amongst their peers etc. Even the best music students rarely come from expensive Lagos schools (trust me on this, or better yet, attend one of MUSON's concerts).

For that N4mil, I'd send my daughter to QA's School and my boys to Harrow.

My kids will go to the kind of school where the teacher has to know more than me, I expect to see all sorts of Science, Arts projects. AP Calculus style, not speaking phonetics and carrying ipads to play and show off with your mates, while your parents feel smug for showing off to society that they can afford to pay for overpriced schooling.
Hmmmmn

Brutally honest.

1 Like

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 25, 2014
Oyetboy:
so most of the boys there are obese? grin grin

If they play sports as often as the picture shows,they wont look so obese.

1 Like

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by rien05(f): 7:48pm On Nov 25, 2014
Eberex:
i hope you asked for permission before uploading these?
Seriously? Ask for permission to upload photos of a school? You should be asking if they will pay him for doing this. Some people ehh, can take things so serious.*teacher chike*

1 Like

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by adebisiolumide5(m): 7:51pm On Nov 25, 2014
O ga oh.!poverty no good.....

My pikin go go beta one!!!! #
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by cupidhero(m): 7:53pm On Nov 25, 2014
tiebe:

I think the fake accent is a result of what they where taught in school,i'm sure they usually have an oral english tutor who thinks speaking like an american makes your a wordsmith and a great orator.i agree that comfort should not take the blame for obesity lets say the parents feed these kids too much carbohydrate and then they go to school and eat junk food during recess which makes the two parties guilty of making these young kids look fat.i believe if these schools have a proper athletic or sports program they won't be all that fat. Teachers can even advice the parents on what to feed these kids. If their is another thing making this lovely kids fat please kindly tell me cos i will be having one soon.
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by tiebe: 7:54pm On Nov 25, 2014
Onegai:

I agree with you.

These schools in PH and Lagos are expensive without the quality of education to back their expenses. and In Nigeria, a lot of times, parents/people automatically think more expensive is always better. only a few schools in Nigeria are expensive AND good.

a tertiary univerisity like Havard is expensive and they have awards and the likes to prove their worth. (unfortunately, i never sabi any names of expensive and good oyibo secondary schools. na only oyibo public schools I sabi). how many times do u hear BIS students winning math competitions in Nigeria, West AFrica or further out? we no de hear dia name o.

2 Likes

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by mbulela: 7:54pm On Nov 25, 2014
rattlesnake:
Vanity upon vanity

Poor man's anthem.

1 Like

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by BlackHuman(m): 7:56pm On Nov 25, 2014
My pikin will go to dis type of skool...Yes, it's expensive but I don't mind, Afterall; I won't take d money to heaven....some buy expensive cars, some buy expensive houses......Why shouldn't I buy expensive education?
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by StarCj(m): 7:56pm On Nov 25, 2014
after all this, dose it make them the best students in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Tex42(m): 7:56pm On Nov 25, 2014
Any how sha,diariz hope. jona didn't attend this school to become the president of this country.

if jona who did not go to school with shoe could become the president of this country,how much more me,who went to school with sandals,canvass,cover shoes... Na British prime minister i go become insha Allah!
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by chucky234(m): 7:57pm On Nov 25, 2014
Lordbenunited:
I can help u subscribe 4 ur GOTV and DSTV packages f0r "HALF D PRICE".if ur interested call me. 07031215448 08127403344
how much will you subscribe premium bouquet

1 Like

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by mbulela: 7:58pm On Nov 25, 2014
Infomizer:

It DOES! Apparently...
You are wicked o!
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by yinkson(m): 7:58pm On Nov 25, 2014
Stephxoblessed:
What qualifies one to be a teacher in this kind of school?
First Class Upper in either Eng, Law or Edu...that's all grin
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 25, 2014
The more i see things like this, the more Success hunger me angry angry
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by texazzpete(m): 7:59pm On Nov 25, 2014
Codedboy95:
they pay about N2, 911, 300.00/year (day student) N4, 000,300.00/year (boarding) does it worth it ??..

Yes.

If you'd gone to this type of school, you wouldn't be using "does it worth it" in public.

6 Likes

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 25, 2014
Codedboy95:

It is not worth it at all going by one-time experience I had with some of their students returning from Port Harcourt to Lagos sometime ago. They were so noisy, annoying and disrespectful that almost every adult on board the plane started chastising them verbally. A pair of them sitting behind me knew everything about Jay Z, Beyonce and the Kardashians but knew nothing about who amalgamated Nigeria and that it was in 1914.
However, I knew better when we arrived at the luggage collection conveyor where I saw some of them brandishing the latest smartphones, gadgets and accessories. One Baba just looked at them with dismay and asked me 'How can these ones concentrate and read their books?'

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group / How Catholic Seminarians Write Examination (picture) / See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.