Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,990 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). (79007 Views)

Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures / Funny Medical School Pictures / Face Of Ajao Estate Grammar School (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by tiebe: 8:00pm On Nov 25, 2014
cupidhero:

I think the fake accent is a result of what they where taught in school,i'm sure they usually have an oral english tutor who thinks speaking like an american makes your a wordsmith and a great orator.

If their is another thing making this lovely kids fat please kindly tell me cos i will be having one soon.

fake accent is because the children's parents prob taught them to be fake. in my fake sec sch, we had an oral english teacher who taught us proper English. He did not spree. He spoke like Wole Soyinka (and all other Nigerians who speak proper English). But as e be say most of us feel that american or British accent = proper english, we send our children to these schools happy to hear them spree.

The thing making some of these kids fat is mostly lack of exercise. do u remember your time in secondary school? how your break time was spent playing football/volleyball/basketball till u nearly quench, or playing catcher? that's what kept us trim in school. that's what kids are meant to be doing with break time. and remember, some kids in ur class (and mine) were still fat. but those kids were hardly found in the football pitch during break. . .

2 Likes

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Jocdon(m): 8:02pm On Nov 25, 2014
So chi na eme EZE
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by oxyG: 8:03pm On Nov 25, 2014
After graduating from there,the poor boy from a local igidapa grammer school will still take them tutorials.When there is too much enjoyment,the brain finds it harder to work.Although, to suffer no dey easy ooo.....

4 Likes

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by tiebe: 8:03pm On Nov 25, 2014
texazzpete:

Yes.

If you'd gone to this type of school, you wouldn't be using "does it worth it" in public.

hehehehee. i had tried to subtly make this point to the person earlier.
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by sucess001(m): 8:03pm On Nov 25, 2014
Billyonaire:
That's BIS, by The Palm Shopping Mall.

You are wrong...this is LBS...different from BIS beside the Mall.

LBS is located in Victoria Arobieke Way, Lekki Phase 1...

1 Like

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by sucess001(m): 8:05pm On Nov 25, 2014
BlackHuman:
My pikin will go to dis type of skool...Yes, it's expensive but I don't mind, Afterall; I won't take d money to heaven....some buy expensive cars, some buy expensive houses......Why shouldn't I buy expensive education?

Bros...can yu afford it?
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by toshmann(m): 8:08pm On Nov 25, 2014
Codedboy95:
they pay about N2, 911, 300.00/year (day student) N4, 000,300.00/year (boarding) does it worth it ??..

Uhm, I forgot my glasses in my ex girlfriend's sister's bra so I can't see very well, so pls correct me if I'm wrong, is it 2.9 million naira (approximately) I'm seeing there for day student and 4million naira (approximately) for boarding students undecided
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by BlackHuman(m): 8:11pm On Nov 25, 2014
sucess001:

Bros...can yu afford it?
I will be able one day, very soon. IJN.
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by oluwanoni: 8:13pm On Nov 25, 2014
Obe to d'un, owo lo pa....food wey sweet na money kill am.
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Ajalekoko76(m): 8:14pm On Nov 25, 2014
Any satellite
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 25, 2014
See Andyblaze for school dey chop
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Enosa1(m): 8:16pm On Nov 25, 2014
Was actually looking for a good school to send this boys to. When will they be conducting their entrance exam undecided
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by AboveSOSO: 8:17pm On Nov 25, 2014
Woww ...I have missed my former school,missed miss sandy.
In (mama charly's voice )Op thank you for posting thiz,it makes me to remember way back.
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by clovislouis(m): 8:18pm On Nov 25, 2014
IamZinah:
Most guys here are just hating on those kids.

The quality of education they receive there, you can't get it in a random school.

A guy on scholarship here in my school is on the brink of returning to Nigeria for failing to referencing his work and also using pictures and music without permission from the owner.

Random schools doesn't take this into consideration. They believe in CTRL C + CTRL V
what school are u in

1 Like

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 25, 2014
Onegai:
I know Lekki British well. To this school, Corona, Grange, Whitesands and more, my only question is this?

How many of your alumni are on the top 20 list of best performing students at SAT, GSCE and other international exams to enter universities?

My nephews went to a kindergarten that, well, their schoolfees could pay an Engineering contract staff. Not that much follow-up at home. When the older one went to Primary school, he had to be taken back a class. He could barely read but had a pretty accent. A lot of these schools are giving cosmetic values. Show me the laboratories, show me the library, show me scores that are incredible when compared to the average Prep school in England, US or India. Show me the innovation entering those minds, show me the list of scholarships won by students, awards amongst their peers etc. Even the best music students rarely come from expensive Lagos schools (trust me on this, or better yet, attend one of MUSON's concerts).

For that N4mil, I'd send my daughter to QA's School and my boys to Harrow.

My kids will go to the kind of school where the teacher has to know more than me, I expect to see all sorts of Science, Arts projects. AP Calculus style, not speaking phonetics and carrying ipads to play and show off with your mates, while your parents feel smug for showing off to society that they can afford to pay for overpriced schooling.

nice opinion, maa'mii *in Shalewa's voice*
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 25, 2014
From experience, sending your children to these sorts of schools may be a good thing but will not guarantee success. You will be surprised that under ideal conditions, children who go to cheaper state schools will work harder and make better grades than these rich kids. I have seen it happen too many times.

If your child works very hard and you assist them, it does not matter what school they go to, they will make it.

Besides , many state schools here in the UK are better than this school and are mostly free.

Just my own opinion.

2 Likes

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Crispels(m): 8:26pm On Nov 25, 2014
fiftynaira:
In france were I school there's better facilities than this...

The skul fine e no fine zombi na zombi
When the finish na universities like covenant dem dey go... There by making us the bright ones an endangered specie...

You hardly see them in private schools,This is a super rich school, My cousins went there and graduated last year,They all school in the States now,98percent of them school abroad!!! Money is good oo,And they mostly make it in life,That my cousin studying in USA now is already doing some mini jobs fetching him good money unlike we in govt schools!

We drive to the rough road to make it in life!

These kids fly first class private jets on their way to wealth!!!

1 Like

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by jimmy101231(m): 8:26pm On Nov 25, 2014
That was my former school 2012 set
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by twinskenny(m): 8:36pm On Nov 25, 2014
BabaAlabi:
The classroom alone is better than my principal's office in Umutukororo Grammar School. May thunder fire poverty.

lol lmao
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Okeycima: 8:36pm On Nov 25, 2014
Na em make if they come out of this rendition camp call school.DEY GO DEY BEHAVE LIke MUMU with no knowledge of how the STREET WORKS

1 Like

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Alfred200825(m): 8:48pm On Nov 25, 2014
After all the huge school fees na who nor wear sandals go school na go become president. mtcheeew

2 Likes

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 25, 2014
Oyetboy:
so most of the boys there are obese? grin grin
not only the boys, even the lil girls too. Here in abj where I reside, I pity most of dis unfurtunate big men, they tink feedin their kids anyhow will reveal how wealthy they are, forgettin dat d child will grow up to become unhappy n sad.

1 Like

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by nellytivities(f): 8:51pm On Nov 25, 2014
Babe, why are you beefing the guy? Okay we know you might have studied education in school. This guy is not disputing the fact that the teacher might have studied education or saying that the teacher should have gotten a better job. All he was trying to do was speak in favor of teachers in this country. So please, before you start taking offense like other peeps like you that studied education, read well. We didn't send you to school to study education. I don't inderstand these Nigerian teachers sef. They have inner anger and just pour it on people.
Bennyberry:

1.how did u knw the salary of the teacher?
2.do u know u can be overpaid and yet not find joy in the job?
3.do u know that teaching is a vocation and not just a profession?
4.do u know that the main reason of teaching isn't to accomulate wealth?
5.do u know that the teacher might be happy in his job than a president?
6.do u know the happiness in passing knowledge?.
It high time we show respect to teachers weither private or government teachers.they devote their life's to save lifes.

2 Likes

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 25, 2014
jimmy101231:
That was my former school 2012 set
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

My point exactly.
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by jbaby265(f): 8:51pm On Nov 25, 2014
hmmmm....

i'm speechless
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by darsmarth(m): 8:53pm On Nov 25, 2014
OK undecidedOK
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by cole265(m): 8:53pm On Nov 25, 2014
Onegai:
I know Lekki British well. To this school, Corona, Grange, Whitesands and more, my only question is this?

How many of your alumni are on the top 20 list of best performing students at SAT, GSCE and other international exams to enter universities?

My nephews went to a kindergarten that, well, their schoolfees could pay an Engineering contract staff. Not that much follow-up at home. When the older one went to Primary school, he had to be taken back a class. He could barely read but had a pretty accent. A lot of these schools are giving cosmetic values. Show me the laboratories, show me the library, show me scores that are incredible when compared to the average Prep school in England, US or India. Show me the innovation entering those minds, show me the list of scholarships won by students, awards amongst their peers etc. Even the best music students rarely come from expensive Lagos schools (trust me on this, or better yet, attend one of MUSON's concerts).

For that N4mil, I'd send my daughter to QA's School and my boys to Harrow.

My kids will go to the kind of school where the teacher has to know more than me, I expect to see all sorts of Science, Arts projects. AP Calculus style, not speaking phonetics and carrying ipads to play and show off with your mates, while your parents feel smug for showing off to society that they can afford to pay for overpriced schooling.

Well informed post. The only reasonable post that has successfully push me to comment.

2 Likes

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Bennyberry(m): 8:57pm On Nov 25, 2014
nellytivities:
Babe, why are you beefing the guy? Okay we know you might have studied education in school. This guy is not disputing the fact that the teacher might have studied education or saying that the teacher should have gotten a better job. All he was trying to do was speak in favor of teachers in this country. So please, before you start taking offense like other peeps like you that studied education, read well. We didn't send you to school to study education. I don't inderstand these Nigerian teachers sef. They have inner anger and just pour it on people.
lolzz.# sorry but uve just bn ignored.

1 Like

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Godogwu: 8:58pm On Nov 25, 2014
rattlesnake:
Vanity upon vanity

Loool Rubbish!
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by KLand(m): 8:58pm On Nov 25, 2014
Codedboy95:
they pay about N2, 911, 300.00/year (day student) N4, 000,300.00/year (boarding) does it worth it ??..

Way too expensive. Not sure if its worth it.
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Godogwu: 8:59pm On Nov 25, 2014
mickyarams:
That is what an average state school look like in the UK unlike our state schools here. God will punish all our st%pid fa$got pot bellied politicians.

well thats UK and they have had over 100 years to make their education the best it could be. Try not to compare it with a that of a third world country aii

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group / How Catholic Seminarians Write Examination (picture) / See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.