Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS (8112 Views)

Bafarawa Escapes Arrest As EFCC Lays Siege On Residence / Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" / PDP Conspiring With Reps To Impeach GEJ - S’South Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by frankyychiji(f): 5:58pm On Nov 26, 2014
omenka:
We have a problem of institutionalised corruption in the system, and now Jonathan has institutionalised impunity amongst our security agencies. This is really terrible!! Since when did it become the duty of the police chief to interpret the constitution

The damage Jonathan's style of politics/leadership has injected into our national life would take years to undo!!

I weep for my country.
Weeping grandpa! Cry me a river! tongue

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 26, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

The speaker or senate president is the one empowered to declare a seat vacant. In the case of Tambuwal, he satisfied that requirement by announcing his defection on the floor of the house.
I like your mature response...keep it up...now back to the matter,do you still think in this case the IGP still has the right to interpret that part of the constitution??
Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 26, 2014
chukwudi44:

IS TREASON BAILABLE!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK TAMBUWAL IS DOING BY IMPERSONATING THE OFFICE OF THE SPEAKER OF THE HOR
Who is the Speaker and who is the impersonator? Who is constitutionally empowered to decide on the matter?

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by IYANGBALI: 5:59pm On Nov 26, 2014
ilugunboy:
This IG will eventually become the scapegoat to be sacrifice by GEJ......
I pity him wife and shedrens
Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by holatin(m): 6:01pm On Nov 26, 2014
d I.G is in d opposition party pocket
Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by focus7: 6:05pm On Nov 26, 2014
The house should simply demand the president to remove the IGP or he face impeachment himself.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by drnoel: 6:12pm On Nov 26, 2014
Demdem:

And u think an IGP will go ahead to carry out a gustapo operation like that without aso rock knowing. U sound very gullible.
Anyway, IGP is answerable to him

its Nigeria and the police has always carried these kind of "gestapo" (as u call it) operations on citizens. Tell me what makes Tumbuwal or the other law makers different? Also 4get about insults and trry to speak constructively without resorting to insults. I want to believe u are an adult, educated and not naive. So act like an educated person.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:26pm On Nov 26, 2014
wakacome:
I like your mature response...keep it up...now back to the matter,do you still think in this case the IGP still has the right to interpret that part of the constitution??

The IG didn't interpret that part of the constitution as it's very clear and unambiguous and hence requires no interpretation.

8 Likes

Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by Adetula1(m): 6:26pm On Nov 26, 2014
wakacome:
hello ooooo,it is the COURT that has the right to interpret the constitution and not the IG.....so why is the IG doing the job of the court??
same way the ''honorable's'' took over the job of thieves and thugs by jumping the fence

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 26, 2014
victorels:

The IGP Shouldn't have gone for the invitation. The aggrieved should have charged the case to court if he feel deprived of his right like when his security aid was withdrawn.
The IGP have just reduced his power by attending such invitation that was not to probe their financial activities.
Must you comment? How ignorant can you be.
Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by tuborme: 7:01pm On Nov 26, 2014
The court only attends to the complainant, the APC refused to complain when their members defected....PDP presently has a case against its members who defected to the APC in the court. The court's inability to make a pronouncement on the matter is the reason for the current constitional crisis. In the developed world, the defection of any member of parliament automatically causes an election for the lawmaker's seat.

The reason is because people are expected to vote lawmakers based on their party leaning and party manifestos and not personality. When a conservative zone votes in a member because of his conservative party, and he defects to a liberal party later...it is believed that the conservative view of the majority of that zone is no longer being represented.

We need to get things right in this country so that democracy can work for us.

8 Likes

Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by eunisam: 7:20pm On Nov 26, 2014
loosers always addicted to complain.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by abdul4new(m): 7:30pm On Nov 26, 2014
I think, Nigerians should ask themselves this simple question, is the IG of police now a politician ? who give him the right to interprete the constitution ? How did he arrive at the point that Tambuwal is no more the speaker ? Were was he when some state governors , Senators and all members of some state houses of assembly cross over to the pdp and nobody was ask to resign the
Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by abdul4new(m): 7:34pm On Nov 26, 2014
Adetula1:
same way the ''honorable's'' took over the job of thieves and thugs by jumping the fence
another Jonathan apologist always feeding on lies.
Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by ogb5(m): 7:39pm On Nov 26, 2014
tuborme:
The court only attends to the complainant, the APC refused to complain when their members defected....PDP presently has a case against its members who defected to the APC in the court. The court's inability to make a pronouncement on the matter is the reason for the current constitional crisis. In the developed world, the defection of any member of parliament automatically causes an election for the lawmaker's seat.

The reason is because people are expected to vote lawmakers based on their party leaning and party manifestos and not personality. When a conservative zone votes in a member because of his conservative party, and he defects to a liberal party later...it is believed that the conservative view of the majority of that zone is no longer being represented.

You are wasting your time trying to make these dull people understand.

You vote in someone on a platform, believing the manifesto of such a platform, and the next day he moves to an alien party. Yet some silly people are insisting that he keeps his sit in the house. who is he representing in the house, certainly not those who voted for him.

5 Likes

Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by Nctrice(m): 7:52pm On Nov 26, 2014
wakacome:
Then what is the purpose of the court since the police is allowed to do that??
The Court? Just in case you don't know or maybe you have forgotten or maybe you just chose to ignore it! The Court is the cause of all of this from the first place, because if the court has been able to categorically tell politicians and Nigerians in general if a house member is to lose his or her seat, if he or she defects to another party, all of this drama would have been greatly reduced... instead for months now the Court and it's Corrupt set of judges has not been able to interpret that very issue for us, the first case is still in court till tomorrow! And here you are calling the Court in this! Am not saying anybody should take laws into their hands but the court can't help on this one abeg

1 Like

Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by Nctrice(m): 7:54pm On Nov 26, 2014
tuborme:

you are enlightened

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by Elose11(m): 8:09pm On Nov 26, 2014
Demdem:

But the same constitution didn't regard former APGA reps that decamped to pdp as ex members eh.
Hypocrite, run along now and go find ur gullible kind.

The constitution says the speaker can declare vacant the seat of a member who decamped. If APGA members decamped and the speaker did not declare their seat vacant, then he is failing in his duty. Since the construction is silent on who declares the speaker's seat vacant when he defects, then the law takes mandatory effect. The constitution says any member who defect from the party under which he is elected to a diffent party shall lose his seat. The arm of government that is statutorily empowered to enforce the law is the executive. That my friend is where the police comes in.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by modhream: 8:11pm On Nov 26, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Section 68 (g) (1) is very clear and unambiguous. Maybe the police should also wait for the court to declare someone caught robbing a robber before arresting him.
And section 68(2) is very clear on who enforces section 68(1) as a whole,I didn't see the IGP mentioned there as one of them.
To whom brain is given,sense is expected.I guess that don't hold true in u n ur ilk.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by yetunsbay(m): 8:16pm On Nov 26, 2014
lekejob:
I don't think we have any honourable in the house, pls let d man go. Or what will u call somebody that jump the fence?
still puerile
Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by Nctrice(m): 8:21pm On Nov 26, 2014
Demdem:
House members recognise their speaker as Tambuwal, who the Ffuck is the police chief to think otherwise?
a man that according to your constitution should lose his seat! still remains the speaker abi?

1 Like

Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 26, 2014
Reski:
Must you comment? How ignorant can you be.
My comment depict the level of my ignorance. I can't get more than that. I was told by someone more intellect to you and he said that the police is responsible for probing the law makers. If you disagree with him, show your point.
Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by lyvin: 8:52pm On Nov 26, 2014
wakacome:
Do police require court to arrest and prosecute criminals. If u tif u are arrested and prosecuted shikena.
The constitution is clear on wht should apn when a citizen steals or commit crime ditto to cross carpeting. Politicians and dishonourables should not expect a different treatment.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by thaoriginator: 9:29pm On Nov 26, 2014
Demdem:
House members recognise their speaker as Tambuwal, who the Ffuck is the police chief to think otherwise?
he's fvcin silly ars hole! To hell wit his black stinky monkey ars! WTF!
Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 26, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

The IG didn't interpret that part of the constitution as it's very clear and unambiguous and hence requires no interpretation.
Then can I say that since the constitution does not permit 7 members of 26 members to impeach a speaker as it happened at ekiti state then it means the police should not have allowed the impeachment to happen in the house because police men where all over thereor the police can only execute the law only when the president or their boss is favoured??I hate the HYPOCRISY of the IGP

1 Like

Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by vanunu: 9:37pm On Nov 26, 2014
wakacome:

U are a big fool, that is how u people are destroying nigeria . The constitution is very explicit on that. Most u go to court on every issue

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by thaoriginator: 9:39pm On Nov 26, 2014
The fate of this nation lays in the hands of inec, judiciary and the judges.. We pray they don't betray the masses.
Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 26, 2014
Nctrice:
The Court? Just in case you don't know or maybe you have forgotten or maybe you just chose to ignore it! The Court is the cause of all of this from the first place, because if the court has been able to categorically tell politicians and Nigerians in general if a house member is to lose his or her seat, if he or she defects to another party, all of this drama would have been greatly reduced... instead for months now the Court and it's Corrupt set of judges has not been able to interpret that very issue for us, the first case is still in court till tomorrow! And here you are calling the Court in this! Am not saying anybody should take laws into their hands but the court can't help on this one abeg
if you say the court and the set of judges are corrupt then why are these same police institution going to that same corrupt court and judges?the nigerian police still have a pension case at the court,so if case can't help on this one then why did the police think the court will help them on their own case?I thought the court is totally corrupt??or the court is only corrupt when it does not favour the ogas at the top??
Re: Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS by vanunu: 9:43pm On Nov 26, 2014
Obiagelli:
Only in my country will a police officer raise his voice over elected members of the house of assembly. Nonsense

U are another fool, in civilized countries, the police would have arrested the ex speaker immediately he step his foot insider the house.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Coup: Prosecute Those Inciting Military Against Tinubu – MURIC Tells Army / First Picture From IPOB Protest March In Onitsha.15min Ago / Stay Away From Zahra, You Can't Marry Her Buhari Sternly Warns Gov Yari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.