Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters (50707 Views)

Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” / Saraki Doesn't Deserve Pity,He &His Gang Of Thieves Scattered APC's Plan-Igbokwe / Enugu Assembly Says Deputy Governor Must Go for Raising Chickens In Govt. House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by adisa009(m): 9:33pm On Nov 26, 2014
personal59:
Abeg this is a critical issue nd all the point laid down need urgent solution followed by actions I just wish what prof wole soyinka said abt d youth is not right but nw it seems to b right cos we are blindfolded with religion and tribe abi na ethnic pls let us all think outside the box the past is gone we only have the present nd the future.

Do we now conclude that because the first born is a failure all other siblings must also be a failure abi what cos o don't see the indictment of OBJ wen we should all look at the point we re here attacking him are we all saying there is no more corruption in the land pls where is ICPC and EFCC today
NAFDAC nko where are they now they are all gone all we here of TAN abeg let's reason well

I'm glad you've reasoned the very right way. If 70% of a country population is comprised of youth within the age of 30years old of frustrated boys and girls out of a total population of 178.5m people and an experienced ex president of that age is confirming and pointing out where shoe is pinching us yet we could not reason well on how to go about revolting against the cruel leaders instead resulted in counter blames, sorry is definitely our name as youth of this nation! Gov. Rotimi Amaechi said it, Gov Fashola said it, prof Wole Soyinka said it yet we didn't do anything about it instead, we keep abusing them. Let's see where blame game would land us.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by InvertedHammer: 9:35pm On Nov 26, 2014
/
Nigerians! Nigerians!! Nigerians!!!

Even if Jesus Christ comes down to earth, Nigerians will be the last to know.

Day in day out, Nigerians troop to churches calling on God to fight their enemies, to destroy them with fire and bring confusion among them.

Here we have a thief calling out fellow thieves...God's confusion at work if you ask me. And instead of cheering him on to take on his fellow looters, Nigerians are lampooning him forgetting that it takes a thief to catch a thief.

Only an insider can change Nigeria. God will not come down to do it.

OBJ ride on. I listened to the message even though I detest the messenger.
/

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by penny01502: 9:38pm On Nov 26, 2014
Saints OBJ, your part of hell will be hotter than mine
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 26, 2014
Goziejay:
GEJ is worst .
...well,history will judge.Just that history is no better judge of events..
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by crown777(m): 9:42pm On Nov 26, 2014
viczing:

He should have set a good standard 4 his successor...in his tenure was there any employment opportunities?

I will just mention one and I want you to be truthful to yourself. 2000/2001 almost 60% of peeps I know got jobs at telecommunication companies talk less of banking industry.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by dein77(m): 9:42pm On Nov 26, 2014
InvertedHammer:
/
Nigerians! Nigerians!! Nigerians!!!

Even if Jesus Christ comes down to earth, Nigerians will be the last to know.

Day in day out, Nigerians troop to churches calling on God to fight their enemies, to destroy them with fire and bring confusion among them.

Here we have a thief calling out fellow thieves...God's confusion at work if you ask me. And instead of cheering him on to take on his fellow looters, Nigerians are lampooning him forgetting that it takes a thief to catch a thief.

Only an insider can change Nigeria. God will not come down to do it.

OBJ ride on. I listened to the message even though I detest the messenger.
/

Nigerians are a unique species of people.

We don't even know what we need.

To have paid more attention to OBJ than his message is to be pathetic.
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by Kanto: 9:44pm On Nov 26, 2014
viczing:
Because them no grant your third term. Smh for you obj you just a shame
obasanjo is a shameless hypocrite like most Nigerians. He is only exhibiting the Nigerian trait.
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 26, 2014
viczing:

Thank you...but a better replica
...I should have allowed historians to be the judge between OBJ and GEJ,but historians are good in confusing historical events...
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by Kayendy(m): 9:45pm On Nov 26, 2014
See pot calling kettle black... The man who with his son were the petroleum ministers of Nigeria for 8yrs... Although there is truth in what he said, he should first return all he stole from Nigeria if he has changed..

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by ajebuter(f): 9:47pm On Nov 26, 2014
I just love Baba Iyabo!
The guy no send person at all.
He go speak his mind whether it goes down well with us or not.
The old man dey kampe!
He full ground anyday and anytime!
Carry go baba!
Insult us all you want!
We be your pikin and we no fit beat you.
I hail the ebora owu himself!

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by yaskarahyelhope(f): 9:48pm On Nov 26, 2014
This man go tire O. im permanent retirement don dey come. Hypertension and stroke no far O, lailai!
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by ojsmscom(m): 9:49pm On Nov 26, 2014
Dnt mind obj,his boys are doing wot he taught them.
Am not suprize sha datz a yoruba man for you.they will always critisiz d system only wen they hav tried and they were not incorporated.DIS ADMINISTRATION is not good just because of seeds planted by obj
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by PrinxPeera(m): 9:50pm On Nov 26, 2014
Like BABA like NATIONAL ASSEMBLY....looters
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by maik: 9:53pm On Nov 26, 2014
We should think about what baba said instead of condemning him for personal reason.

No one is perfect,the future of our youth and children is more important than all these politicians.

This man is no more in government, I think we should concentrate on the politicians in government and criticize them when necessary.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by UnknownT: 9:53pm On Nov 26, 2014
jcflex:

my broda, not that m support this man, cus he have good eight yr to himself to turn around this country, but he did not, but in term of employment, he tried, look at the telecom industry, that is the only area i can say the old man live a lasting foot print, from Top manpower, to middle level, even to the illiterate,thousands if nt millions are feeding there family thru that industry alone,

if each successive FG can face one sector and revolutionize it, in no time we will get to the promise land.
Any small thing, look at telecom, d telecom would have come under any oda democratic govt. We shouldn't judge him with telecom but rather what happened to Nitel and Mtel, if Econet n MTN that entered then were Government companies, do you think they would have still been in existence now? If he revolutionized d telecom, 0804 mobile network would still have bein in existence now

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by megaz: 9:55pm On Nov 26, 2014
wht is ds baba tryn to potrate in ds nation, mandela, mother teresa, or what? he shud just bury hs head in shame, because God gav hm d avenue to bcom d saviour of ds nation wen he miraclous brought hm out of prison to b d presido, but he blew it up even to d extend of wantn to rule up to 3tenures witout visible achievements except 4 d gsm network which he stylishly ripoff d mass wit d code *555*1*pin#, anyway, let's nt giv ds baba attentn anymore because he didn't dserv it. Is baba a saint, y pot callin kettle black?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by viczing(m): 10:03pm On Nov 26, 2014
Omotolu:
...I should have allowed historians to be the judge between OBJ and GEJ,but historians are good in confusing historical events...

Am a historian
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by venabili: 10:03pm On Nov 26, 2014
ifaoni:
War is brewing
oloriburuku, you stl havent left ur 419 biz?
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by viczing(m): 10:04pm On Nov 26, 2014
Kanto:
obasanjo is a shameless hypocrite like most Nigerians. He is only exhibiting the Nigerian trait.

Like most apc members
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by godoluwa(m): 10:04pm On Nov 26, 2014
simplemach:
Pls sombody should encourage this man to go and die cos i think thats what best suits him now. He has caused so many harms already.
where is governor `go n die'? Oshiomole where r u? sumbodi nid ur service 4 here o
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by NaijaOptimist: 10:05pm On Nov 26, 2014
Todays present politician are in it for money.
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by viczing(m): 10:06pm On Nov 26, 2014
crown777:

I will just mention one and I want you to be truthful to yourself. 2000/2001 almost 60% of peeps I know got jobs at telecommunication companies talk less of banking industry.

the people you know are they majority?? Why you speaking like this...those people you know are just lucky majority don't have at obj era...
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by viczing(m): 10:07pm On Nov 26, 2014
holatin:

hmmmmm d all knowing
pls is he lying ?
though its a case pot calling kettle black

Thank jah u knw
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by viczing(m): 10:07pm On Nov 26, 2014
rezy15:

na lie d old man talk?

He's looter too
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by viczing(m): 10:08pm On Nov 26, 2014
buchilino:

Agreed, but i think wat he is trying 2 do is 2 let Nigerians no n ask questions concerning how funds r embezzled at d NA

Noted
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by viczing(m): 10:08pm On Nov 26, 2014
buchilino:

i didn't say he was a saint either, but he is saying d truth

Ok
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 26, 2014
jcflex:

my broda, not that m support this man, cus he have good eight yr to himself to turn around this country, but he did not, but in term of employment, he tried, look at the telecom industry, that is the only area i can say the old man live a lasting foot print, from Top manpower, to middle level, even to the illiterate,thousands if nt millions are feeding there family thru that industry alone,

if each successive FG can face one sector and revolutionize it, in no time we will get to the promise land.

Stop sounding grossly inexperienced. What did he do in telecoms? Give Econet, MTN and Glo licence to operate in Nigeria. Is that an achievement? Did he establish any of them by himself? Moreover, he made a lot of money from those telecom guys. That was why the cost of sim cards were terribly high at the beginning, cos they had to recoup the amount the spent in lobbying FG and obtaining licence. Obj did absolutely nothing plausible in telecom. He just happened to give them licence, which any dummy in power would have done.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by godoluwa(m): 10:09pm On Nov 26, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by Archilouis(m): 10:09pm On Nov 26, 2014
viczing:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/171918-obasanjo-rubbishes-national-assembly-says-assembly-thieves-looters.html

kindly correct your addressing former President Olusegun Obasanjo. It is not respectful to regard him as Mr.]
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by gidjah(m): 10:11pm On Nov 26, 2014
Can we pls ignore d messenger and focus more on d message fellow forumites,this will lead us to a faster solution.we do not throw away d baby wit d water bath
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by chukwudubemfelix(m): 10:15pm On Nov 26, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Obasanjo raised an important issue which we should be pondering on rather than abusing him. How true is the claim that Jonathan bribes legislators to stop them from impeaching him on the ground of corruption all these years?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Obasanjo: Buhari Plans To Rig The 2019 Elections (FULL STATEMENT) / March 28th Election: Identify The Ballot Boxes - Pix / Tinubu Cannot Defeat Atiku - Arewa Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.