Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters (50667 Views)

Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” / Saraki Doesn't Deserve Pity,He &His Gang Of Thieves Scattered APC's Plan-Igbokwe / Enugu Assembly Says Deputy Governor Must Go for Raising Chickens In Govt. House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by Omadachi(m): 6:52am On Nov 27, 2014
Wow!What a revelation.Really touching..I have said it before and I will continue to say it.Any government that fails to address the issue of corruption should be kicked out.That is why when I hear people supporting GEJ re-election am suprise.A corrupt will be supported by corrupt followers.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by Nobody: 7:06am On Nov 27, 2014
titoetal:
I agree with Baba; that is his message. However, the messenger, I can't say of.
I can say of the message and the messenger :

Obasanjo was on the battle field to keep Nigeria as one united nation

Obasanjo as the military president was first nationalistic and democratic Military president who gave power back to the people in choosing their choice not the Guns

Obasanjo as a civilian president left many democratic development institutions and discovered manpowers that can turn this country around but today , where are those Institutions and manpowers ??

Obasanjo believed that Nigeria should be put on the right track first by capable men/women so as for it to be difficult for clueless folks to destroy such legacies thus ThirdTerm agenda which was defeated !

In the principle of fairness and equity as well as Human-error , Obasanjo gave Nigeria mantle of leadership to two clueless folks he think he will be able to control but He aint a student of Power thus he never learnt how power can extol the most ridiculed man beyond imagination !!

Obasanjo is not a saint , I believe baba created better institutions for Nigeria and He singlehandedly destroyed the Institutions by lording Yar'adua/GEJ ..... Dull/Clueless on Nigerians ..... He should have allowed the Nation to choose their leaders but he was scared of his legacies being destroyed then it was destroyed

If the present crop of leaders possessed 50% of the love Obasanjo have for ''Nigeria'' we would never be a struggling nation nor in this mess !!

Obasanjo love Nigeria and He is the only elderstatesman that has always come out Openly and challenge government ..... The rest elderstatesmen just sit back to enjoy their back in the days loot and crunches from present administration !!

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by UnknownT: 7:10am On Nov 27, 2014
jcflex:

My broda, are you a new born baby in this country, or you are just been deport back to the country, you and I knows that government hardly run a business successfully, so why are you now surprise that 0804 no more exist, not 0804 alone, where is nigeria airway and a whole lot of government company like that. the truth is the advance country we want to be like, their government dont run all this things, for example British Airway that will all know as UK national carrier is run by a private company, but regulated by the government, same with Lufthansa, Air france.

let me digress a bit. as at now, this is exactly what we are facing with our oil sector, NNPC monopoly. it can still be name NNPC, but not run by FG. china largest oil exploration and production company is CNPC, (just like our NNPC) is run by private body, and as well they even operate outside the shore of china, they are present in africal, last yr i think they apply for license in our country as well, to start exploiting our crude just like shell, chevron and the like, Even BP, British petroleum operate outside the shore of UK.

But because of corruption, it hard for our government to stop running NNPC. and one basic reason why the likes of shell, Total, Mobil etc refuse to build a refinery in this country,

It quite hard for government to run a business.
So how come the man u are praising for 'revolutionizing' the telecom industry did a shoddy deal in the privatization of Nitel and Mtel? I still repeat that telecom would have still come under any 'democratic' government. ECONET saw that the time was right to come to the country and they applied and were given license to operate. Any govt can give license to any private telecom to operate
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by shomutuski(m): 7:11am On Nov 27, 2014
jcflex:

my bro da, not that m support this man, cus he have good eight yr to himself to turn around this country, but he did not, but in term of employment, he tried, look at the telecom industry, that is the only area i can say the old man live a lasting foot print, from Top manpower, to middle level, even to the illiterate,thousands if nt millions are feeding there family thru that industry alone,.
Bro! Am in support of ur motion. Obj has revolutionized the telecom industry in every positive way. I no he is no saint but take a look @ all he has sacrificed for nigeria. *from been locked in prison to almost been sentenced to death by abacha. Obj is now am old man. He can see from sitting what most can't see standing. We all have the right to 2nd chance with the exception of jonathan. What will make obj talk in public means it has gotten to a bad level. I know for sure that what obj said is true. Baba has so many connection in and out of the system. I see people abusing their grandfather(obj). Its not fair to take the pain jona has inflicted on nigeria out on Obj.

if each successive FG can face one sector and revolutionize it, in no time we will get to the promise land.
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by jcflex(m): 7:11am On Nov 27, 2014
pro01:

What did OBJ do in the telecoms industry? Are you saying that even if Baba Suwe or Mr. Ibu had been the President of Nigeria between 1999 and 2007, we would not have liberalised the telecoms industry within that period? Are you aware that even Abacha had awarded GSM licences in early 1998? Which African country did not have GSM by 2007?

Only nitwits would count telecoms - GSM - among OBJ's achievements in office. What happened to the state-owned NITEL under his watch? Make una no make person vex abeg. Euthanasia should be administered to the old bloody fool. His nuisance value increases daily.

Bros try to know what going on both in and outside your country,
if telecom industry is not count as achievement, then on what ground should GEJ count Ebola eradication as 1920 refurbish train as achievement

nothing more to add. enjoy your day.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by Nemma(m): 7:12am On Nov 27, 2014
abagnalie:
He had the opportunity to put things right but he did not do it.why is he complaining.

Are you satisfy with your present situation?

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by dein77(m): 7:16am On Nov 27, 2014
enkay4love:
The most annoying aspect is the consistent & sit-tight spirit most of them have attached to the legislative seat,where they don't even want to give younger aspirants a chance to equally exercise their mandate.Most of them have been legislators since 1999.Wondering if d seat has become a permanent one.

Why wouldn't they seat tight there? There are myriads of stupendous allowances and pecks occasioned by their being there.

To make matters worse, we have never opposed them.
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by popplm(m): 7:18am On Nov 27, 2014
spenpe:
make I buy land for here
Nairaland member, I sight u grin
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by Rexyl(m): 7:20am On Nov 27, 2014
donroxy:
You see one of the backward peep I'm talking about .... How did/do you read or find the alphanumerics on your keyboard !

You mean you could not see problems highlighted by Obasanjo in the Op and possibly deduced the solutions .... :

1. Youth empowerment

2. Stop bribing legislatures

3. Legislatures should stand to their integrity

4. A nation whose guard is corrupt is doomed

5. We should all learn lesson from arab spring

etc ....

If u failed to read all this in the Op and deduce more solutions from the problem Obj envisaged ..... Then , you don't deserve to even belong to social forum !!

I wished obj himself was not guilty of all these when in power.

I wish all these highlighted by Obj were being seriously considered and implemented to transform Nigeria.

So far that Obj has always acted as a coin with different sides, many people would find it difficult to get sense out of his opinion.

We need progress but it seems the beautiful ones to make it possible are not yet available.
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by jcflex(m): 7:24am On Nov 27, 2014
UnknownT:
So how come the man u are praising for 'revolutionizing' the telecom industry did a shoddy deal in the privatization of Nitel and Mtel? I still repeat that telecom would have still come under any 'democratic' government. ECONET saw that the time was right to come to the country and they applied and were given license to operate. Any govt can give license to any private telecom to operate

My broda, no point in argument,
any gov can issue license, good and fine by me, what about the enabling environment to allow them operate, i dont think you are verse with this country,
If i may ask, do you know how many company have been given license to build and operate refinery in this country of our, since 1999. obj tenure involve as well

again do you know how many company as well have been given license to build, generate, distribute and transmits power in this country of our, since 1999. obj tenure involve as well.

think deeply, any democratic gov can issue license as you said, i agree, but what about the enabling environment for them to operate

have you see any new refinery since 1999, any new power station since 1999. am not talking of geregu that was repainted and commision. very laughable
this is our country, we all know how things work, don't let us be sentimental

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by utenwuson: 7:27am On Nov 27, 2014
personal59:
Abeg this is a critical issue nd all the point laid down need urgent solution followed by actions I just wish what prof wole soyinka said abt d youth is not right but nw it seems to b right cos we are blindfolded with religion and tribe abi na ethnic pls let us all think outside the box the past is gone we only have the present nd the future.

Do we now conclude that because the first born is a failure all other siblings must also be a failure abi what cos o don't see the indictment of OBJ wen we should all look at the point we re here attacking him are we all saying there is no more corruption in the land pls where is ICPC and EFCC today
NAFDAC nko where are they now they are all gone all we hear of TAN abeg let's reason well
well said bro........ Ds guys batching OBj re so stup;d. He says the truth n all there do is look @ who is talking! In America when sm1 is talking, there ll simply ask what he is saying but in Nigeria there ll ask 'who is talking' we can't progress with ds mindset!

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by UnknownT: 7:32am On Nov 27, 2014
jcflex:

My broda, no point in argument,
any gov can issue license, good and fine by me, what about the enabling environment to allow them operate, i dont think you are verse with this country,
If i may ask, do you know how many company have been given license to build and operate refinery in this country of our, since 1999. obj tenure involve as well

again do you know how many company as well have been given license to build, generate, distribute and transmits power in this country of our, since 1999. obj tenure involve as well.

think deeply, any democratic gov can issue license as you said, i agree, but what about the enabling environment for them to operate

have you see any new refinery since 1999, any new power station since 1999. am not talking of geregu that was repainted and commision. very laughable
this is our country, we all know how things work, don't let us be sentimental
I am not holding brief for any government past or present but OBJ wants to come to equity with dirty hands. You made mentioned of enabling environment, why didnt the enabling environment work for Nitel and Mtel? The other ones are owned by private business men who wouldn't want to play with their investments, the reason they made sure everything worked out for them
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by holatin(m): 7:33am On Nov 27, 2014
xpac01:

As in, am just getting confused at how hypoCRITICAL this politicians could be. Imagine the same man who was flinging bags of N25mill into the car trunks of the house members, threatening those who dare to rejects the corrupt offer to support his 3rd term for national looting and acting with blindness to peoples suffering, suddenly becomin a loud angel. Or may be the theological school has brought to the fore all his corrupt practices. Chaii.
compare that money to 9.3 million dollars.
they are all thieve but you one one is greater and thify ((engrish)) than one
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by Davd52(m): 7:35am On Nov 27, 2014
He's very correct dy r all tifi tifi people grin sad cool tifi we people we hav to kill all dis juu men in dis assembly
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by podosci(m): 7:35am On Nov 27, 2014

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by kinky90(f): 7:41am On Nov 27, 2014
Once in Christ Jesus,old things re passed away behold a new OBJ but pls remember that unless you return the last dine stolen from the poor Nigerians your rants and prayers may not scale the ceillings of your Ota mansion. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by Abduljohn(m): 7:43am On Nov 27, 2014
Am amazed wit a lot of comment i read on dis platform an even more perplex dat is coming from youth.

Obj has just reveal what is happening over dia, even if it was a trend during his time probably he didn't see any bad in it bt now he's tellin us what is apenin considering what d havoc can b to our nation. God save Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by jcflex(m): 7:50am On Nov 27, 2014
UnknownT:
I am not holding brief for any government past or present but OBJ wants to come to equity with dirty hands. You made mentioned of enabling environment, why didnt the enabling environment work for Nitel and Mtel? The other ones are owned by private business men who wouldn't want to play with their investments, the reason they made sure everything worked out for them

i think in my previous post, i said it hard for gov to run a profitable business, this is very simply and straight forward, corruption play a big role in this aspect.

those gov issue license to in the oil and gas industry and power sector, are they not private investor as well, then why didnt they go ahead and start operation after the issuance of license to them. or you want to tell me, that they get the license on a platter of gold.
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by White007(m): 7:52am On Nov 27, 2014
Here are the statistic in numbers, they don't lie.

Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by MduZA: 7:56am On Nov 27, 2014
I admire pres obasanjo,one of the greatest leaders Africa has ever produced....he worked hand in glove with south Africa to promote peace and economical stability in Africa ...whatever he says,I bow my head
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by UnknownT: 7:57am On Nov 27, 2014
jcflex:

i think in my previous post, i said it hard for gov to run a profitable business, this is very simply and straight forward, corruption play a big role in this aspect.

those gov issue license to in the oil and gas industry and power sector, are they not private investor as well, then why didnt they go ahead and start operation after the issuance of license to them. or you want to tell me, that they get the license on a platter of gold.
The privatization under him was never pure
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by Deroyals: 8:03am On Nov 27, 2014
viczing:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/171918-obasanjo-rubbishes-national-assembly-says-assembly-thieves-looters.html

What kind of sermon is dis man preaching? He had the same opportunity like GEJ yet he could not make any changes and he's standing in public talking rubbish. God save us from the shackles of this old man who refuse to die.
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by jcflex(m): 8:14am On Nov 27, 2014
UnknownT:
The privatization under him was never pure

Lolz,

is it now that, it is pure.

they are all bird of same feather.

But i think Obj is biting his finger now, regretting what he should have done when in power, but did not do, that why he is speaking up.

just my thot oooooooooooooo.
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by ideology(m): 8:15am On Nov 27, 2014
You may not like him, he may not look like a saint.
But One thing is sure, he is a changed man.

I love him, He has Nigeria at heart, against all odds.
May be theology school did some magic.

I won't be surprised to see him in heaven.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by synergycom19: 8:17am On Nov 27, 2014
So because Obj was allegedly Corrupt,he said not bear his mind on such a very very DISGRSACEFUL HABIT BEING DISPLAYED BY SOME ANIMALS WHO CALLED THEMSELVES HONORABLES
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by Vikky014(f): 8:18am On Nov 27, 2014
ifaoni:
War is brewing
in ur state
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by demmy555(m): 8:21am On Nov 27, 2014
OBJ is saying reality,many of us don't know what is happening up there but OBJ is part of them,meanwhile I read some comments,people are OBJ is corrupt,is not corrupt ,if could remember OBJ tenure, he dealt wt so many corrupt leaders that time,I pity Nigeria youth,ObJ is fight our course and yet you are insulting him,though many of you are boys(under 18yrs) when he d president.wake up and think.
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by ELGREF(m): 8:28am On Nov 27, 2014
My pple are perish because of their sentiment, if somebody came out boldly nd correct them, so them how to solve their problems, telling them something from the experience, instead of them to think, react, find solutions, only what thry can do is sentiment,complain, oh my God, deliver from this evil pple,from generation that refuse to seek wright knowledge of God
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by UnknownT: 8:28am On Nov 27, 2014
jcflex:

Lolz,

is it now that, it is pure.

they are all bird of same feather.

But i think Obj is biting his finger now, regretting what he should have done when in power, but did not do, that why he is speaking up.

just my thot oooooooooooooo.
Earlier i told you that i am not holding brief for any government past or present. They are all the same
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by ELGREF(m): 8:33am On Nov 27, 2014
demmy555:
OBJ is saying reality,many of us don't know what is happening up there but OBJ is part of them,meanwhile I read some comments,people are OBJ is corrupt,is not corrupt ,if could remember OBJ tenure, he dealt wt so many corrupt leaders that time,I pity Nigeria youth,ObJ is fight our course and yet you are insulting him,though many of you are boys(under 18yrs) when he d president.wake up and think.
if any one of you have any evident show that obj is corrupt, bring it out, or take it EFCC, stop ya sentimental talk.....obj expose everybody, both yoruba, hausa,ibo, am very sure, if obj is corrupt like pples saying, one or two pples could have bring evidence, nd probe him,,,,, but I saw only assumption, ,,,
Re: Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters by Reference(m): 8:35am On Nov 27, 2014
And this corruption is across party lines. As a matter of fact the only thing that appears to pit one party against the other is when positions are under threat due to cross-carpeting executive generated turbulence. As soon as the storm passes both major parties sit back and resume their looting confratenity.

I used to hail the house particularly the Tambuwal led chamber for being the democratic spear tip but they have since lost focus and fallen silent which means one thing. 'Junior is up to no good.'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Peter Obi And His Wife, Margaret Obi (Photos) / Presidency Visiting Nairaland Daily ( Photo) / Ned Nwoko Slams Wike, Says ‘you Will Go To Jail For Your Atrocities’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.