Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President (33799 Views)

Breaking: We Have No Plans To Charge Former Oil Minister Alison Madueke - UK / Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250m / Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke, Undergoing Breast Cancer Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by irynterri(f): 1:40pm On Nov 27, 2014
nora544:

How comes that only two newspapers from nigeria has this information.

Please be carfully I feel that this is not true because you will finde now such news from other countries.

Here in Vienna you can read in no newspaper online this news!

That is a photo from the real opec house in Vienna!

its all over local tv stations in nigeria,its true and we are proud of her **thumbs up Diezani**u have made history and shown that women are not meant only for the kitchen,bedroom and labour room,hope u make us proud nd nt disgrace us

2 Likes

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by wazobiaN9(m): 1:42pm On Nov 27, 2014
zlatansomto:
This news will surly give our south W**** brothers heart attack,. They will be lyk oh no,. Ah ILe Aye mi ti baje..

Your South West brothers have obviously added value to your life - education and probably career - so much that you can write their language quite admirably.

However, you have apparently failed to be grateful, by acting like a dog that bites its benefactor.

But then, such is life - full of the good, the bad and the ugly.

Congrats to Diezani Alison-Madueke, wish her a successful tenure.

4 Likes

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by gratiaeo(m): 1:44pm On Nov 27, 2014
ilugunboy:

With this type of mindset....Nigeria is DOA.
What do u expect in a country where some people believe its their birth right to rule others?

8 Likes

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by deletrue: 1:47pm On Nov 27, 2014
gramci:
Some people blood pressure will rise tonight
Rise only? Any moment from now apc members BP go explode. Na die be this. You see. Apc is the gratest disappointment right now. While I will support a very strong hot but very sincere political contest, because of its benefits, it cannot be apc. How on earth can a group like apc, a political party goes for the finish always? As fearful as the remarks like 'we will form a parallel government knowing the repercution this may result, no apc members has find this uncomfortable and advise their members about the future effect it will bring upon the apc. Look at the different refugee camps, the killings, apc will not stop.
Is that woman not trained by pdp? In spite of all the names given to GEJ, pdp, the government etc. This most powerful and sensitive position is given to her. Even if apc member are carrying with them stony brains, even thought their ears are as big as the Nigerian flag, it is now clear that apc is nothing but a group deviants. Very unculture human beings. Tufiakwa.

3 Likes

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by BABANPAKI(m): 1:48pm On Nov 27, 2014
Ok
Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 27, 2014
Hegeria:
I think we should allow the woman to eat whatever she wants to eat. When our brothers from up north were eating and their sons were renting and driving £1700 per day Lamborghini in Europe,no one was saying anything. At least Allison comes from where the oil comes from so please let her eat it very well. It is about time those who actually own the oil, ate the oil money. Thank you and congrats to you Madame.

I subscribe to this thought.

As much as it is right to ask quetions in relation to management of public office funds/resources, I believe Nigeria as a country is structurally defective that such modus operandi cannot work plus the federal cake is now an 'eat when you're there' affair, so...

2 Likes

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by Lilimax(f): 1:49pm On Nov 27, 2014
Erotex:
Nne congrats
Onye ona ewe biko nwanne go mud!!
smiley

1 Like

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 27, 2014
SirShymex:
Celebrating lack of achievement and mediocrity again, are we? - it's a Nigerian thing grin

I honestly don't know the significance of being the head of OPEC, when whatever oil Saudi Arabia and Gulf States decide to pump, is what regulates/determines oil prices.

Rather than wasting time, money, lobbying energy for an inconsequential position, this frog-eyed woman would have served the country better by getting the PIB passed and implemented. And probably get refineries fixed.

These fvckers always have their priorities messed up! undecided

I'm always dazed when I read the profiles of these mofos in power, realizing that most of them had good and quality education from the best unis in the world.. Are they all retarded or just intentionally stupid?
I woke up to the news that the FG wanna spend 51,977,424.00 USD on stoves... Them dey mad ni?

2 Likes

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by Lilimax(f): 1:51pm On Nov 27, 2014
silvermania:
I don't know what most Nigerians get from always having negative fellings about someone.she has been chosen there is nothing you can do about it.be happy for her and pray she does well if she doesn't America will know. Ride on ma we in america congratulate u grin
Simply because we have a lot of sadists out there that thrives only on news portraying
Nigeria negatively undecided.

3 Likes

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by ibdeals1(m): 1:51pm On Nov 27, 2014
Ok..

1 Like

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by shafanik: 1:52pm On Nov 27, 2014
masterpower:
WHO SAID THAT THE TRANSFORMATION AGENDA OF MR. PRESIDENT GEJ IS NOT PRODUCING RESULTS?

BIG CONGRATES TO YOU MA.
U WORKED FOR IT AND YOU GOT IT.

ENEMIES OF PROGRESS SHOULD GO AND BECOME SUICIDE BOMBERS

OGBENI, I SORRY FOR YOU.

NA POOR MAN LIKE YOU WEY NO FIT AFFORD 3 SQUARE MEALS GO DEY REJOICE WHEN THE RICH BAD LEADERS ARE PROMOTED...

I SORRY FOR YOU... cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by holatin(m): 1:53pm On Nov 27, 2014
by one week her account go don get like Ten 0

1 Like

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by lonelydora: 1:56pm On Nov 27, 2014
Another fresh air from GEJ

2 Likes

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by LouisVanGaal(m): 1:57pm On Nov 27, 2014
Congrats to her...but if she doesn't caution her 'pilfering hands'..soon she would be disgraced out of OPEC..as Hw Amos Adamu after been made FIFA vice president was caught in ticket scandal during 2010 WC...and sent packing! After all, I can't trust a party to govt that said 'stealing is corruption'..DON'T BLAME ME *In 9ice's voice*gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by vicadex07(m): 2:02pm On Nov 27, 2014
zlatansomto:
This news will surly give our south W**** brothers heart attack,. They will be lyk oh no,. Ah ILe Aye mi ti baje..

Ile aye e de ma baje ni. Se lo ma sofo

1 Like

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 27, 2014
Ogbeche77:
I'm always dazed when I read the profiles of these mofos in power, realizing that most of them had good and quality education from the best unis in the world.. Are they all retarded or just intentionally stupid?
I woke up to the news that the FG wanna spend 51,977,424.00 USD on stoves... Them dey mad ni?

Fam, you just have to laugh everyday at the comic relief and how these pilfering fvckers with absolutely no iota of brain matter are running the country into the ground. Yet they have got perpetual primeval praise-singers in abject poverty suffering from acute Stockholm Syndrome, who always come out to laud them - absolutely shocking. grin These folks need to be tied to a tree and stoned to death, for how they're running that country.

Honestly, they know the people they're ruling have been permanently sedated and they don't understand anything. And when you're in a position where no one can question you - you just have to ride the wave of the corruption that comes with absolute power. Some of them know the right thing to do, but they just don't care. Insensitive. It's free-for-all...and throwing some crumbs to a few jobbers. Sad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by masciv: 2:03pm On Nov 27, 2014
masterpower:
WHO SAID THAT THE TRANSFORMATION AGENDA OF MR. PRESIDENT GEJ IS NOT PRODUCING RESULTS?

BIG CONGRATES TO YOU MA.
YOU WORKED FOR IT AND YOU GOT IT.

ENEMIES OF PROGRESS SHOULD GO AND BECOME SUICIDE BOMBERS

yeah, and come to bomb you. Bloody Numbskull.

1 Like

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 27, 2014
Lilimax:

Simply because we have a lot of sadists out there that thrives only on news portraying
Nigeria negatively undecided.
and they will all be ashamed like d enemies of David.

1 Like

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by Lilimax(f): 2:05pm On Nov 27, 2014
silvermania:
and they will all be ashamed like d enemies of David.
Amen.

1 Like

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by chlowi(f): 2:06pm On Nov 27, 2014
adorable kiss
Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by goodgood2(m): 2:15pm On Nov 27, 2014
idupaul:
From the way her and goons squandered our oil wealth and sent the economy into austerity all I can say is that OPEC is finished
Shut up.
Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by Emmalot121(m): 2:16pm On Nov 27, 2014
Do men feel threatened by the success a woman? Well, the answer is yes. Do women feel threatened by the success of their fellow women? Absolutely! sad

1 Like

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by goodgood2(m): 2:17pm On Nov 27, 2014
gramci:
Some people blood pressure will rise tonight
Northern cabal.

2 Likes

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by Ejigbooliv(m): 2:19pm On Nov 27, 2014
Congratz ma

1 Like

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by AZeD1(m): 2:21pm On Nov 27, 2014
SirShymex:
Celebrating lack of achievement and mediocrity again, are we? - it's a Nigerian thing grin

I honestly don't know the significance of being the head of OPEC, when whatever oil Saudi Arabia and Gulf States decide to pump, is what regulates/determines oil prices.

Rather than wasting time, money, lobbying energy for an inconsequential position, this frog-eyed woman would have served the country better by getting the PIB passed and implemented. And probably get refineries fixed.

These fvckers always have their priorities messed up! undecided

We need to find a way to cure Nigerians from mediocrity!!!

1 Like

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by Rexyl(m): 2:21pm On Nov 27, 2014
And the woman made history despite varying allegations against her. That means she is an achiever whose achievements trend globally! Anyway congrats.

1 Like

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by Keyboardwarrior(m): 2:22pm On Nov 27, 2014
I don't like her but i don't know why i'm still happy for her. I think their are people out there who deserves the position more than her. congrats still!

1 Like

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by Gynacologist(m): 2:23pm On Nov 27, 2014
dunkem21:
Ride on, sweetie. Your achievements and innovations speak for you.

..and your beauty.

Congrats damsel, Diezani.
u b correct g liv odas mk dem d criticize mk i c hw gud tin go kom to dem...
Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by Blackfire(m): 2:23pm On Nov 27, 2014
bad news for apc, goodnews for pdp

1 Like

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by deletrue: 2:24pm On Nov 27, 2014
Please, can someone quickly carry out different tests on Sanusi the Emir? According to him, oil money no count abi the money no correct. Smallish man.

1 Like

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by pat077: 2:26pm On Nov 27, 2014
The only thing i like about her is dat her frog eye

1 Like

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by Orikinla(m): 2:28pm On Nov 27, 2014
[size=18pt]
Opening address to the 166th Meeting of the OPEC Conference

No 6/2014
Vienna, Austria
27 Nov 2014
by HE Abdourhman Ataher Al-Ahirish, Libya's Vice Prime Minister for Corporations and President of the OPEC Conference

Excellencies, ladies and gentlemen,

It is my pleasure to welcome you all to Vienna for the 166th Meeting of the OPEC Conference.

I would like to extend a special welcome to His Excellency Adil Abd Al-Mahdi, the new Minister of Oil of Iraq, who is attending a Meeting of the Conference for the first time as Head of his Country’s Delegation.

On behalf of all the Heads of Delegation, I would also like to thank his predecessor in office, His Excellency Abdul-Kareem Luaibi Bahedh, for his service to his country and for his valuable contributions to the work of the Organization. We wish him further success in the future.

It has now been a little more than five months since the Conference last convened here in Vienna to discuss the oil market situation. At that time, we spoke of improving stability in the oil market resulting from the ongoing recovery of the world economy.

Since then, the global economic recovery has continued, although at lower levels, while the global oil market has seen ample supplies.

Given this backdrop – and even though some uncertainties remain – global economic growth in 2015 is expected to grow to 3.6 per cent from 3.2 per cent in the current year.

In line with this economic outlook, world oil demand in 2015 is forecast to grow by around 1.1 million barrels per day, with total world consumption at around 92.3 million barrels per day.

The bulk of this net oil demand growth will continue to come from non-OECD countries.

Non-OPEC oil supply is also anticipated to rise next year by 1. 4 million barrels per day to average 57.3 million barrels per day. The region of ‘OECD Americas’ is expected to be the main non-OPEC contributor to this supply growth – supported by some increases in Brazil.

In terms of prices, the situation has changed in recent months. Although the OPEC Reference Basket had been fairly stable during the last three and a half years, with the annual average ranging between roughly $105 and $110 per barrel since mid-June, the Basket has lost nearly 30% of its value – or more than $30 per barrel.

A careful look at the current situation suggests the recent fall in prices may not be exclusively attributed to oil market fundamentals.

Ample supply, moderate demand, a stronger US dollar and uncertainties about global economic growth have been key factors in this recent price trend. In addition, as OPEC has noted in the past, the impact of speculative activity in the oil market has also been an important factor.

Nevertheless, it is important to recognize that if the recent price trend continues, the long-term sustainability of capacity expansion plans and investment projects may be put at risk.

The recent price developments are a sign that the oil market is currently searching for stability and balance. At today’s meeting, OPEC will consider these issues – and discuss the market outlook for 2015.

As always, our deliberations will be focused on contributing towards stability in the market. This is what most benefits global economic growth – and it is what matters most to all stakeholders, producers and consumers alike.

We also recognize that dialogue has always been instrumental for the achievement of such goals.

That is why OPEC is committed to engaging further in international dialogue and cooperation efforts – through participation in meetings, symposia and workshops. These include dialogue with the G20, the EU and Russia, as well as working programmes with the International Energy Forum, the International Energy Agency and other international institutions.

In conclusion, I should like to reiterate that such opportunities for dialogue and collaboration – with oil companies, non-OPEC producers, investors and consumers – make important contribution to our common endeavour of attaining stability in the oil market.

Thank you for your attention.[/size]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Soldiers Caught Flogging A Man In Jos (Video) / President Biden Congratulates Bola Tinubu On His Swearing-In / 18 States Attracted No Foreign Investment From 2021 -2023 (see List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.