Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,176 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! (652700 Views)

Trump Wins Big On Super Tuesday, But Rivals Fight On / Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (539) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 5:13am On Mar 06, 2016
Hillary Clinton won the Louisiana primary.

Ted Cruz won Kansas and Maine caucuses, while Trump won in Kentucky and the Louisiana primary.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 5:44am On Mar 06, 2016
Delegate count so far:

Trump - 385
Cruz - 297
Rubio - 123
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by happney65: 1:51am On Mar 07, 2016
Its the Democratic Debat tonite from Flint Michigan,A city battling Toxic Water...Its gonna be civil as possible,no Name calling,No insults,not like those yeye Republicans.Go Hilary..
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 2:46am On Mar 07, 2016
happney65:
Its the Democratic Debat tonite from Flint Michigan,A city battling Toxic Water...Its gonna be civil as possible,no Name calling,No insults,not like those yeye Republicans.Go Hilary..
And there is currently no dick measuring contest.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 2:48am On Mar 07, 2016
Sen Rubio won the Puerto Rico primary and has been awarded all 23 delegates from the US territory, but he is still over 100 delegates behind Ted Cruz; and 240 delegates behind Trump.

Bernie Sanders also won the Maine caucuses earlier today.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 07, 2016
Total Republican delegate count, so far:

Trump - 384

Cruz - 300

Rubio - 151

Kasich - 37

Carson - 8

A candidate needs 1,237 delegates to win the nomination.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 07, 2016
On the Democratic side:

Clinton - 658 (and 458 super delegates)

Sanders - 471 (and 22 super delegates)

2,382 delegates are needed to win the nomination.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by knightsTempler: 6:41pm On Mar 08, 2016
If you been keeping up with these crazy debates cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

You ask Donald Trump anything and he's always the best at it.

"Donald, have you ever tossed monkeys?"
"I have Wolf and let me tell you I've tossed so many monkeys, I'm the best monkey tosser on this stage Wolf.

In fact I've got people in Washington tossing monkeys right now; and you know what? They only toss the best monkeys and if I become President I'm gonna toss the most monkeys out of anybody and the people are going to love my monkeys, they will be the most beautiful monkeys Wolf.

AND the government will PAY for those monkeys to be tossed. In fact the Monkeys will be tossed 10 feet higher and we'll have MEXICO pay for those high tossed monkeys! Its going to be beautiful, fantastic, the best, we're going to win again at tossing monkeys."

And the Trump fans go "omg, this man is going to make monkey tossing great again!"
Love it!!!

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 6:22am On Mar 09, 2016
knightsTempler:
If you been keeping up with these crazy debates cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

You ask Donald Trump anything and he's always the best at it.

"Donald, have you ever tossed monkeys?"
"I have Wolf and let me tell you I've tossed so many monkeys, I'm the best monkey tosser on this stage Wolf.

In fact I've got people in Washington tossing monkeys right now; and you know what? They only toss the best monkeys and if I become President I'm gonna toss the most monkeys out of anybody and the people are going to love my monkeys, they will be the most beautiful monkeys Wolf.

AND the government will PAY for those monkeys to be tossed. In fact the Monkeys will be tossed 10 feet higher and we'll have MEXICO pay for those high tossed monkeys! Its going to be beautiful, fantastic, the best, we're going to win again at tossing monkeys."

And the Trump fans go "omg, this man is going to make monkey tossing great again!"
Love it!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You missed "I love the poorly educated" and "I have strong hands"
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 6:28am On Mar 09, 2016
Donald Trump wins in Mississippi and Michigan

Sen Ted Cruz wins Idaho

Hillary Clinton wins in Mississippi

Sen Bernie Sanders surprisingly wins in Michigan.

The Hawaii Republican caucuses close in 33 minutes.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 7:07am On Mar 09, 2016
Delegate totals for today (Cumulative totals in parenthesis)

Trump- 58 (447)
Cruz- 43 (346)
Kasich- 16 (53)
Rubio- 0 (154)

1237 delegates needed to win the Republican nomination

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 6:28pm On Mar 10, 2016
Today is CNN's Republican presidential debate.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 2:40am On Mar 11, 2016
Some GOP donors are reportedly pushing Condoleezza Rice to mount an independent run for president.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by happney65: 4:04am On Mar 11, 2016
CFCman:
Some GOP donors are reportedly pushing Condoleezza Rice to mount an independent run for president.

Rice?I doubt if she is going to ruffle any feather if she throws in her Hat.Btw,Have you heard that Carson is endorsing trump tommorow?
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 5:21am On Mar 11, 2016
happney65:

Rice?I doubt if she is going to ruffle any feather if she throws in her Hat.Btw,Have you heard that Carson is endorsing trump tomorrow?
Yes. It is a big surprise considering the 'choice' words Trump used in describing Carson in Nov/Dec.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 7:25am On Mar 11, 2016
CFCman:

Yes. It is a big surprise considering the 'choice' words Trump used in describing Carson in Nov/Dec.

So CFCman

who won the debate?
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 7:37am On Mar 11, 2016
CFCman:

Condi might actually defeat Hilary. But i doubt if she will run thou
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 11, 2016
Missy89:

So CFCman

who won the debate?
I'll say Cruz and Rubio jointly won it on the basis of specific policy proposals. Trump was a little "low energy" and didn't answer most of the questions with specifics.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 10:36am On Mar 11, 2016
CFCman:

I'll say Cruz and Rubio jointly won it on the basis of specific policy proposals. Trump was a little "low energy" and didn't answer most of the questions with specifics.

Very Low energy lol
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 10:42am On Mar 11, 2016
Missy89:

Very Low energy lol
Trump appeared subdued; it could be that he was advised by his closest advisors to appear more 'mature' or 'presidential'.
Even when he was likened to Clinton, and slammed for not being fluent on America's Cuba policy, he didn't resort to personal insults. He stuck with his "I am the best deal-maker" mantra.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 10:55am On Mar 11, 2016
Missy89:

Condi might actually defeat Hilary. But i doubt if she will run thou
If Condi runs, be rest assured that Clinton would become the 45th POTUS. Rice would split the Republican and independent-leaning conservative vote with Trump.
Condi's role in shaping the disastrous middle-east policies of Bush would be her Achilles heel. She would essentially be the spoiler like Ross Perot in 92, or Ralph Nader in 2000, taking away potential Trump votes.

However, I believe she would attain the minimum polling threshold to qualify for the general election debates, with 100s of millions of Dollars in Super PAC/campaign contributions running ads against the other 2 contestants.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 11:20am On Mar 11, 2016
CFCman:

If Condi runs, be rest assured that Clinton would become the 45th POTUS. Rice would split the Republican and independent-leaning conservative vote with Trump.
Condi's role in shaping the disastrous middle-east policies of Bush would be her Achilles heel. She would essentially be the spoiler like Ross Perot in 92, or Ralph Nader in 2000, taking away potential Trump votes.

However, I believe she would attain the minimum polling threshold to qualify for the general election debates, with 100s of millions of Dollars in Super PAC/campaign contributions running ads against the other 2 contestants.

I dont think the money bags trying to finance her campaign actually want her to win. They are just trying to prevent a Trump presidency

She would have been a great candidate thou. I dont think the Middle east policy will hurt her as much as you think. She was hawkish, so was Hilary, they both implemented disastrous policies in the middle east Iraq and Libya respectively. while she can hang it on Bush, Hilary wont have that luxury.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by tpiar: 3:54pm On Mar 11, 2016
This other lady endorsed Rubio I think.

She was in the race at one time.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 5:44pm On Mar 11, 2016
Let's talk VP choices for Hillary.

There are speculations of Secretary of Housing,Julian Castro.There's Elizabeth Warren,Perez,Secretary of Labour.Ohio Senator,Sherrod Brown and Tom Booker.

I'd prefer Castro as her running mate.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 1:04am On Mar 12, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Let's talk VP choices for Hillary.

There are speculations of Secretary of Housing,Julian Castro.There's Elizabeth Warren,Perez,Secretary of Labour.Ohio Senator,Sherrod Brown and Tom Booker.

I'd prefer Castro as her running mate.
Castro has been in the running for sometime. He has the edge by being youthful (under 50 years old), and being Latino. Sen Amy Klobuchar was once mentioned as a possible running-mate, but she's constitutionally ineligible because she is a resident of the same state as Secretary Clinton (New York).
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 1:15am On Mar 12, 2016
CFCman:

Castro has been in the running for sometime. He has the edge by being youthful (under 50 years old), and being Latino. Sen Amy Klobuchar was once mentioned as a possible running-mate, but she's constitutionally ineligible because she is a resident of the same state as Secretary Clinton (New York).
To make Hillary's running even better,a minority candidate as running mate can help sell her ticket to the progressives.A Castro choice might as well help her cement history.We watch to see how it all goes.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 1:25am On Mar 12, 2016
ValerianSteel:
To make Hillary's running even better,a minority candidate as running mate can help sell her ticket to the progressives.A Castro choice might as well help her cement history.We watch to see how it all goes.
That's the strategic thinking within Dem circles. Already, many Latinos are angry with Obama for his record number of deportations of undocumented immigrants. Her nominating a Latino would most likely lead to a high turnout of Latinos voting for Clinton.

I wish she could find a minority woman to be her running-mate, so that double history would be made cheesy
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 1:33am On Mar 12, 2016
CFCman:

That's the strategic thinking within Dem circles. Already, many Latinos are angry with Obama for his record number of deportations of undocumented immigrants. Her nominating a Latino would most likely lead to a high turnout of Latinos voting for Clinton.

I wish she could find a minority woman to be her running-mate, so that double history would be made cheesy
OMG,you are thinking what am thinking gringringrin

That would send a big message to the entire world and would help push women rights.We would see uprising for women rights in Middle-Eastern countries most especially citing American female powers.In a country like Russia,it would hit the machismo attitude hard and tilt the Russian public to give women a chance at governance,even if it's the PM position.

I'd love to see that actualized cool
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 1:57am On Mar 12, 2016
ValerianSteel:
OMG,you are thinking what am thinking gringringrin

That would send a big message to the entire world and would help push women rights.We would see uprising for women rights in Middle-Eastern countries most especially citing American female powers.In a country like Russia,it would hit the machismo attitude hard and tilt the Russian public to give women a chance at governance,even if it's the PM position.

I'd love to see that actualized cool

Exactly. But there is a 90% chance she would pick a man as her running mate.

However, her White House staff would be female-dominated. The likes of Huma Abeddin, and Cheryl Mills could be the next WH Communications Director and WH Chief of Staff respectively. Or Mills may be Hillary's White House counsel.
Michelle Flournoy, a former Under-secretary of Defense in Obama's administration, is heavily tipped to be the first female US Secretary of Defense under Hillary.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 2:10am On Mar 12, 2016
CFCman:

Exactly. But there is a 90% chance she would pick a man as her running mate.

However, her White House staff would be female-dominated. The likes of Huma Abeddin, and Cheryl Mills could be the next WH Communications Director and WH Chief of Staff respectively. Or Mills may be Hillary's White House counsel.
Michelle Flournoy, a former Under-secretary of Defense in Obama's administration, is heavily tipped to be the first female US Secretary of Defense under Hillary.
I thought Flournoy was offered the job after Chuck's exit.

Hillary's cabinet will see a wide representation of women,most especially in her inner circles and I predict her having more minorities in her administration than Obama.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 2:12am On Mar 12, 2016
ValerianSteel:
I thought Flournoy was offered the job after Chuck's exit.

Hillary's cabinet will see a wide representation of women,most especially in her inner circles and I predict her having more minorities in her administration than Obama.
She removed herself from consideration probably because she wanted a full term as SECDEF, instead of serving in a lame-duck administration.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 2:17am On Mar 12, 2016
CFCman:

She removed herself from consideration probably because she wanted a full term as SECDEF, instead of serving in a lame-duck administration.
Oh I see.She would be a good candidate for the job.

Is it possible to have a minority VP and a minority Secretary of State?

Let's say a Latino VP and a african-american Sec.Or a white VP and a Latino Sec.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (539)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.