Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! (652624 Views)

Trump Wins Big On Super Tuesday, But Rivals Fight On / Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (539) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 2:42am On Mar 12, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Oh I see.She would be a good candidate for the job.

Is it possible to have a minority VP and a minority Secretary of State?

Let's say a Latino VP and a african-american Sec.Or a white VP and a Latino Sec
Its possible, if Secretary Clinton has the will.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by happney65: 6:37am On Mar 12, 2016
Did anybody see that African American Guy throwing punches at Donald Trump's cancelled Rally?The dude was typical of an Adedibu boy in Ibadan...Lol..However,this is what happens when you put a reality TV star as a candidate for President of the United States,this is what you get...Donald Trump is the very Definition of the Opposite of what America Stands for.Too Bad this is happening in the 21st Century..

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by kurupt1: 11:30am On Mar 12, 2016
happney65:
Did anybody see that African American Guy throwing punches at Donald Trump's cancelled Rally?The dude was typical of an Adedibu boy in Ibadan...Lol..However,this is what happens when you put a reality TV star as a candidate for President of the United States,this is what you get...Donald Trump is the very Definition of the Opposite of what America Stands for.Too Bad this is. happening in the 21st Century..
A group of anti trump protesters barged into a trump campaign rally and you say its trump`s fault? Look at the way black men were disgracing themselves with their crude behaviour.These guys came in to cause problems for trump campagn........so how is it his fault?

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by BLWeb: 1:23pm On Mar 12, 2016
I actually want Trump as the republican candidate and to even be the president - because that would be the speedy demise of america, which will be good news to a lot of people worldwide. Trump is bad news for a country as diverse as america. Does trump think america as of now is a kkk nation, or was founded on kkk principles?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by happney65: 9:34pm On Mar 12, 2016
kurupt1:
A group of anti trump protesters barged into a trump campaign rally and you say its trump`s fault? Look at the way black men were disgracing themselves with their crude behaviour.These guys came in to cause problems for trump campagn........so how is it his fault?

It was he's utterances that caused all the protest..Trump is the 21st Century Adolf Hitler and nothing more..He's campaign all along has being about the very opposite of what America stands for..Against Muslims,Latinos, everybody..Its just too bad.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 11:22pm On Mar 12, 2016
The Washington D.C. polls close in about 3.5 hours.. Republicans are holding a presidential caucus
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by tpiar: 12:28am On Mar 13, 2016
this election is just somehow.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 7:19am On Mar 13, 2016
Senator Ted Cruz has won the Wyoming Caucuses, garnering 66.3% of the vote. Senator Rubio, Trump, and Governor Kasich received 19.5%, 7.2%, and 0% of the vote respectively.

Governor Kasich didn't receive a single vote out of 903 valid votes cast shocked grin
Cruz was allocated 9 delegates, Rubio and Trump 1 delegate each, and Kasich received no delegate.

Meanwhile, Senator Rubio has won the Washington D.C. Caucuses, also held on Saturday. He polled 1,059 votes or 37.3% of the vote. Kasich, Trump, and Cruz polled 1,009 (35.5%), 391 (13.8%), 351 (12.4%) votes respectively.

Rubio was allocated 10 delegates, while Kasich garnered 9 delegates. Both Trump and Cruz received no delegates.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by tpiar: 6:13am On Mar 14, 2016
Senator Rubio has won the Washington D.C. Caucuses

that's interesting.

But this Time article isnt too optimistic:

http://time.com/4257108/marco-rubio-florida-donald-trump/
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 7:40am On Mar 14, 2016
Secretary Clinton also won Wyoming.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by tpiar: 8:38am On Mar 14, 2016
Wyoming is deep midwest I think.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 14, 2016
T-24 hours.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 10:17pm On Mar 14, 2016
It sure is going to be an uphill battle for Rubio in Florida, if you believe the polls. He is currently trailing Donald Trump by double digits in the state according to the last 5 opinion polls conducted in the state.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by tpiar: 11:16pm On Mar 14, 2016
Not sure where the crux is in this election, could be the great plains/deep interior states.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 15, 2016
D-day is here. Today, we would see whether the likes of Rubio and Kasich can win their home states; or whether runaway front-runner Donald Trump will run the board.

Polls close at 6pm EST in Florida (11pm WAT).
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 1:22am On Mar 16, 2016
Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are both victorious in Florida. Trump now earns all Florida's 99 delegates.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 2:49am On Mar 16, 2016
Donald Trump wins the Illinois primary.

Secretary Clinton has won Ohio, Florida, and North Carolina so far.

Tonight, Trump has gained 106 delegates.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 3:34am On Mar 16, 2016
CFCman:
Donald Trump wins the Illinois primary.

Secretary Clinton has won Ohio, Florida, and North Carolina so far.

Tonight, Trump has gained 106 delegates.

Looks like the end of the road for Sanders.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 5:02am On Mar 16, 2016
Missy89:

Looks like the end of the road for Sanders.
Yep. It's goodnight Sanders. Clinton has a 300+ pledged delegate lead over him.
He is only in the race, now, to rouse the Liberal base and force Hillary further to the left.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 5:25am On Mar 16, 2016
Update:

Trump won Florida, North Carolina, Illinois, Northern Mariana Islands.

Governor Kasich won in Ohio.

Secretary Clinton has won Ohio, Florida, Illinois and North Carolina.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 5:57am On Mar 16, 2016
The race is defined already.It's Hillary vs Trump.

Never ever thought I'd see a Trump presidential candidate early during the declarations.Now it's a reality.

I'd commend him though,he pursued his ambition with precision and decisiveness.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 6:28am On Mar 16, 2016
ValerianSteel:
The race is defined already.It's Hillary vs Trump.

Never ever thought I'd see a Trump presidential candidate early during the declarations.Now it's a reality.

I'd commend him though,he pursued his ambition with precision and decisiveness.

Mumu, off course you will never have expected him to pull throw because you have mush for brain. Nincompoop!!
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by seunmsg(m): 6:41am On Mar 16, 2016
The nomination contest is as good as over on both sides. Republican establishment should quietly suck it up and accept defeat. Donald Trump will be their party nominee and leader. Can't wait to see the fireworks between Hilary and Trump in the days ahead.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 7:39am On Mar 16, 2016
seunmsg:
The nomination contest is as good as over on both sides. Republican establishment should quietly suck it up and accept defeat. Donald Trump will be their party nominee and leader. Can't wait to see the fireworks between Hilary and Trump in the days ahead.

Trump will trounce hitlery, she is just a feather weight...
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 16, 2016
Tkester2:

Trump will trounce hitlery, she is just a feather weight...
That will only happen if progressives (including independent progressives) sit out the election, or vote for a 3rd party nominee.

Already, minorities and women (who made up 53% of the electorate in 2012, will swing the election for Hillary. Also, moderate Republicans may likely vote enmass SE for Hillary because Trump's demagoguery is a big embarrassment to the party.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 16, 2016
Obama Nominates Merrick Garland To The Supreme Court

Settling for a centrist candidate with nearly two decades of judicial experience, President Barack Obama on Wednesday nominated Merrick Garland, a federal appeals judge in Washington, D.C., to the Supreme Court seat left vacant by the death of Justice Antonin Scalia.

"I said I would take this process seriously, and I did," Obama said while announcing his choice from the Rose Garden at the White House, adding: "The one name that has come up repeatedly -- from Republicans and Democrats alike -- is Merrick Garland."

Garland was visibly emotional when Obama gave him the microphone.

"This is the greatest honor of my life, other than Lynn agreeing to marry me more than 20 years ago," Garland said, his voice breaking as he motioned to his wife in the audience. "For me there could be no higher service than serving as a member of the United States Supreme Court."

If confirmed, Garland, 63, wouldn't bring diversity to the court as much a lengthy résumé in public service, including stints in the Department of Justice and on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, where he has served since 1997 and is now the chief judge.

An eventual appointment for Garland is also less likely to mark a liberal shift in the Supreme Court. If anything, his contributions -- given his age and his moderate record so far -- are likely to be more pragmatic than path-marking for some of the country's most hotly contested legal issues, such as voting rights, gun control and the scope of presidential powers.

For those very reasons, Garland is the least controversial -- and likely the most confirmable -- of all the candidates who were reportedly considered for the vacancy. It is possible Obama chose him for the post to defuse the confirmation fight that Senate Republicans have promised since the moment Scalia died.

In his remarks, Obama pointed to the coming gridlock while highlighting the consequences for the court.

"Our Supreme Court really is unique. It's supposed to be above politics. It has to be. And it should stay that way," he said. "To suggest that someone as qualified and respected as Merrick Garland doesn't even deserve a hearing ... would be unprecedented."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/merrick-garland-supreme-court-nomination_us_56e85c4ce4b065e2e3d788f0?75nchl2oiqhipsc3di
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 16, 2016
Update:

Hillary Clinton has just won in Missouri! She polled 310,602 votes (49.6%) to Bernie Sanders 309,071 votes (49.4%). She will also get proportionally more delegates than Sanders.

Donald Trump is also the Republican winner in Missouri, polling 382,093 votes (40.8%) to Ted Cruz's 380,367 votes (40.6%).

However, there is an important caveat. Under Missouri law, if the margin of victory is less than 1%, an automatic recount could be sought by one of the candidates. SO, the Missouri battle may not be over yet.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 5:15pm On Mar 18, 2016
In a latest New York primary poll conducted by Emerson, Trump polls 64%, Cruz 12%, Kasich 1%. In a two-man race, Trump beats Cruz by 68%-25%.

On the Dem side, Secretary Clinton crushes Sanders by 71% to 23%.
Clinton is also leading a Sanders among men (66%-29%), women (73%-20%), African-Americans (72%-22%) and Latinos (85%-8%).

But Sanders is leading by double digits amongst 18-34 year olds (53%-40%). Clinton beats Sanders in the other age groups by 45 to 67 points.

Moreover, HRC's favorability rating is at 82%, Sanders' is 63%.
Trumps favorability rating amongst New York Republicans is a massive 72%, Cruz 52% and Kasich 54%.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by tpiar: 6:38pm On Mar 18, 2016
following.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Evathyst(f): 11:17am On Mar 22, 2016
Although I don't know much about America's electioneering history. But this Trump of a guy has somewhat been an embarrassment to the Republicans.

Although the Republicans have been known to be war-mongers, but this guy's case is just an extreme example. His utterances, haba? Very unbecoming of a presidential candidate. angry

Hillary, please teach this douchebag a lesson!

Oh! Less I forget, CFCman, thanks for the update. Been following all these events on Flipboard before now, but the way and manner they (Americans) insult themselves there is despicable. If I hadn't seen it, I'd have thought civilisation ended there is America. angry
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 22, 2016
Evathyst:
Although I don't know much about America's electioneering history. But this Trump of a guy has somewhat been an embarrassment to the Republicans.

Although the Republicans have been known to be war-mongers, but this guy's case is just an extreme example. His utterances, haba? Very unbecoming of a presidential candidate. angry

Hillary, please teach this douchebag a lesson!

Oh! Less I forget, CFCman, thanks for the update. Been following all these events on Flipboard before now, but the way and manner they (Americans) insult themselves there is despicable. If I hadn't seen it, I'd have thought civilisation ended there is America. angry

You're welcome, ma'am. I'm sure as hell that I won't be voting for Trump.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 22, 2016
Today is "Western Tuesday". Both Democrats and Republicans will hold caucuses in Utah, and primaries in Arizona.
The Democrats will also hold a caucus in Idaho, while the Republicans hold a caucus in American Samoa.

Altogether, 131 delegates are up for grabs on the Dem side, and 98 delegates will be awarded on the Republican side.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (539)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.