Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,397 members, 7,861,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:50 AM

Is The North Xenophobic? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The North Xenophobic? (4445 Views)

You Can't Insult The North And Stay In Power-knwankwaso / If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan / Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RubyPearl: 9:52pm On Nov 30, 2008
McKren:

when will arewa speak out to consemn the acts and ensure that the culprits are sent to jail
what is this one talking abt?

RedHotChic:

God knows she'll be the last person i'll hate here. we may have our disagreements but it hasn't gone to that extent.
I hope not wink

RedHotChic:

do you have a hidden crush on Bawomolo?. i can make it happen, you know. kiss kiss kiss
grin grin grin You better leave the man alone wink Funny thing, he was professing his love for you to me on YIM yest. I can make things happen wink
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RibaduFan(m): 9:53pm On Nov 30, 2008
RHC

What has Karma done to u. Tot we were discussing the North and their xenophobic behaviour
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RedHotChic(f): 9:58pm On Nov 30, 2008
like genocidal maniacs
I thought you were confused and at loss of what is happening in the north currently?
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RedHotChic(f): 10:00pm On Nov 30, 2008
ibkaye:

See who is talking about farting, what goes around comes around, I'm sure you released the first fart, be truthul jor! The were only retaliating! cheesy
My farts are organic and non toxic like theirs. It's only those southerners that have not lost anybody in one of their toxic farts that still think we should give them the benefit of doubt.
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RibaduFan(m): 10:03pm On Nov 30, 2008
Back to the discussion. How do we really stop this annual massacre up North?
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RedHotChic(f): 10:24pm On Nov 30, 2008
Back to the discussion. How do we really stop this annual massacre up North?
Simple: Reorganize the tax system and tax citizens according to their income. When i said it before, those that like to twist my words claimed that i am advocating taxation by tribes but that wasn't what i meant. If you have a relation or what not that works in a bank in Nigeria, she will tell you that most igbo traders are very rich but they under pay local taxes. that is how the igbo thing came about. How can you tax a banker that earns about 200K a month higher than an igbo trader that makes above 500k a month from profits?. Other non igbos that make same amount should be taxed as well and the traders that make less should be taxed less. the money realized from this local taxes should be used to rehabilitate these almajiris by providing a vocational training for them so their number can be reduced largely, besides, if you keep them busy, looting and killing people will be the last thing on their mind.
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RibaduFan(m): 10:31pm On Nov 30, 2008
RHC

As much as i respect ur opinion, I dont think additional tax is the solution to this problem.

I think deislamazation thru education and other enlightenment programmes mith just work. I really think this whole thing is an islamic thing.
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by udezue(m): 10:37pm On Nov 30, 2008
RedHotchik,

Shut the hell up. What a bimbo. Tell the Northerners to stop being lazy.

Northernern Hausa/Fulanis are a bunch of xenophobic savages. Igbos, Efiks, Middlebeltans even Yorubas should give em hell everyday in the South coz that's all they understand. I've seen animals that act more civilized than these supposed humans.
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RubyPearl: 10:39pm On Nov 30, 2008
udezue:

RedHotchik,

Shut the hell up. What a bimbo. Tell the Northerners to stop being lazy.

Northernern Hausa/Fulanis are a bunch of xenophobic savages. Igbos, Efiks, Middlebeltans even Yorubas should give em hell everyday in the South because that's all they understand. I've seen animals that act more civilized than these supposed humans.
So full of hatred, one might think she just finished chopping her chit undecided

Right now, you're not "typing" with any drop of civility smiley
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by udezue(m): 10:46pm On Nov 30, 2008
U can shut the Bleep up too. Nonsense. Enough of the yeye window dressing yes I said what I said and I stand by it. I just learned from a Yoruba chap that he already lost two in-laws and u are here worrying ur silly self about me. Why don't u go and preach that love to ur Fulani/Hausa mates and hope u survive with all ur limbs intact.

1 Like

Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RubyPearl: 10:49pm On Nov 30, 2008
udezue:

U can shut the mess up too. Nonsense. Enough of the yeye window dressing yes I said what I said and I stand by it. I just learned from a Yoruba chap that he already lost two in-laws and u are here worrying ur silly self about me. Why don't u go and preach that love to ur Fulani/Hausa mates and hope u survive with all ur limbs intact.
Stupidity must be your favorite meal smiley
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by asha80(m): 10:56pm On Nov 30, 2008
I picked my phone to call my younger brother. But it was a Hausa man that replied me. And he said in Hausa tone and seemed to be mocking at the same time: ‘Ya broad, I'm dey die, I'm det die…hHa ha, now, I'm don die’.

shocked shocked sad sad angry angry
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by udezue(m): 10:56pm On Nov 30, 2008
To Ruby

Bitch please. NEXT.
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RubyPearl: 10:58pm On Nov 30, 2008
udezue:

Bitch please. NEXT.
Who is the bitch here?

Weren't you the one typing like a bitch on heat? epke le o
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RedHotChic(f): 10:58pm On Nov 30, 2008
yemmyse:

RHC

As much as i respect ur opinion, I don't think additional tax is the solution to this problem.

I think deislamazation through education and other enlightenment programmes mith just work. I really think this whole thing is an islamic thing.

My brother its not an islamic thing oo. If it was, why are the yoruba muslims not that way?
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RubyPearl: 10:59pm On Nov 30, 2008
RHC,

what did you feed yemmyse? He's been licking your ass since yest. undecided
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RedHotChic(f): 11:01pm On Nov 30, 2008
U can shut the mess up too. Nonsense. Enough of the yeye window dressing yes I said what I said and I stand by it. I just learned from a Yoruba chap that he already lost two in-laws and u are here worrying ur silly self about me. Why don't u go and preach that love to ur Fulani/Hausa mates and hope u survive with all ur limbs intact.
My brother, I feel you. I think its time to look for a solution instead of bickering. last time igbos retaliated in Asaba and Aba, it wasn't pretty and I thought it will dissuade Northerners from repeating this act but how wrong was i.
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RedHotChic(f): 11:01pm On Nov 30, 2008
RHC,

what did you feed yemmyse? He's been licking your ass since yest.

grin grin He is Hot cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RedHotChic(f): 11:04pm On Nov 30, 2008
Death Toll in Jos Riot Rises to 350
•Armed men arrested
From Chuks Okocha in Abuja, Ruben Buhari in Kaduna and Seriki Adinoyi in Jos, 11.30.2008

The Plateau State Gover-nment has ordered security operatives comprising men of the Nigerian Army, Air Force, and Mobile Police to ‘shoot on sight’ anybody fomenting crisis or defying the curfew order imposed on the state capital, Jos. The order was the government’s latest response to end the riot in Jos, which death toll, as at yesterday evening, had risen to 350.
Giving the order yesterday morning following fresh killings that started at the Tinna Junction and Mando areas of the city, the state Governor, Da Jonah Jang, said the state government would not sit back and watch thugs wreck more havoc on innocent citizens.
THISDAY also gathered that security operatives yesterday intercepted about 500 men armed with weapons on their way to Jos. THISDAY could not however independently verify the figure.
The arrest was a sign that the warring groups are regrouping.
Jang also said his action was informed by his on-the-spot assessment of the situation, particularly in the affected areas.
He lamented that having gone round the city to ascertain the extent of damage, the loss of lives and property and the gory sights of destruction that trailed the city, he had no alternative than to give the order. The Governor however, appealed for calm saying “government is on top of the situation”.
Addressing journalists at the Press Centre in Jos, officials of the Nigerian Red Cross Society said the society had deposited 150 corpses of victims of the riot at the Central Mosque.
However, unconfirmed reports say the death toll had risen beyond the figure given by the Society.
Agence France Press (AFP) reports that 381 bodies were yesterday placed in a mosque in Jos.
The Associated Press (AP) also reported that bodies with fresh wounds arrived at the city's main mosque for quick burial in keeping with Islamic precepts.
Many christians have also lost their lives as what started as post-election violence takes a religious colouration.
Citizens who had fled their homes are taking refuge in National Drug Law Enforc-ement Agency (NDLEA) command, Recos, NDLEA Regional Academy Central Mosque, Macalashi Jumat, ECWA Church, Apata, University of Jos Senior Staff Quarters, and Rukuba Army Barracks.
The Director of Press to the Governor, James Mannok said over 500 rioters have been arrested with weapons and stolen items. He said they are being quizzed by the Police. He said more security personnel have been deployed from neighbouring states, including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) to bring the situation under control.
THISDAY also gathered after going round the city yesterday that the level of damage to lives and properties is enormous. Thousands of new cars at various car-stands, and many houses along Zaria road were razed. Churches and Mosques were also torched in Chobe Junction. Also, corpses were being evacuated from the streets by members of the Red-cross, and the Police. A few corpses still litter the streets in Katako area of the city.
Residents living in hot spots like Bauchi road, Ali Kazaure, Recos, Angwa rogo and Gengere were ordered by the state government to remain indoors 24 hrs, while those in other parts of Jos and Bukuru are to comply with the dusk to dawn curfew.
The fresh outbreak of crisis followed the declaration of election results which gave victory to the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the entire 17 local government areas.
Reacting to the crisis, the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in a press briefing denied the report that it was its group that started the attack.
The state’s CAN chairman, Most Rev. Ignatius Kaigama said “We were taken aback by the turn of events in Jos. We thought it was political, but from all indications it is not so. We were surprised at the way some of our churches and property were attacked and some of our faithful and Clergy killed. The attacks were carefully planned and executed. The questions that bog our minds are why were churches and Clergy attacked and killed? Why were politicians and political party offices not attacked if it were a political conflict? Why were the business premises and property of innocent civilians destroyed? We strongly feel that it was not political, but pre-meditated act under the guise of elections”.
Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) als appealled for restraint to all inohabitants of Jos, the Plateau state capital, over the recent crisis that engulfed parts of the city.
Making the appeal in Kaduna, CAN’s National General Secretary, Engr. Samuel Salifu who spoke to reporters said the association is deeply worried over the local government crisis which he said has been turned into a religious crisis by certain groups and individuals.
Salifu said: “CAN is sick and tired of these type of repetitive crises that keep happening in Jos, Bauchi, Kano, Maiduguri, Zangon Kataf, Kaduna and host of other places in Nigeria with attendant loss of lives and properties. We are calling on all the people of the state to be calm and also calling on the state government to promptly put a stop to the killings and burning and find a way of addressing future issues before they degenerate into killings.”
He also accused government and politicians of always being responsible for most crises in the country by saying that when certain state governments and politicians fail to have their way or want to get cheap popularity, they resort to playing the religious card which most often results into crises.
Also reacting to the fresh crises, some citizens blamed the government, and Plateau Independent Electoral Commi-ssion (PLASIEC) for announcing the results of the election at the height of the crisis. They noted that the commission should have allowed the situation to calm down a little.
Also, a non-governmental organisation, Human Right Writers Association (HURIWA), yesterday blamed the Jos riots, on the failure of security intelligence by all relevant security agencies in the country. The group also canvassed that severe punitive measures be meted out to the masterminds of the violence to serve as effective deterrence while the police commissioner in state and the state Director of the State Security Service (SSS) be sacked for alleged dereliction of duties.
In its own reaction to the crisis, the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) faction led by Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) has called for the declaration of emergency rule in the state over the raging crisis, while also blaming the incident on Jang who it said was desperate to win the Jos North Local Government election at all cost.
Also, the Action Congress (AC) has called for the cancellation of the Plateau council polls, since the perceived rigging of the elections is the main cause of the violence that has now left over 300 people dead and hundreds wounded or displaced in the Jos North local government area.In an interview with THISDAY in Abuja, the Secretary of ANPP Presidential Council, Engr. Buba Galadima called for the declaration of emergency rule in the state over the continued killing and maiming of people by thugs perceived to be armed by the state government.
According to Buba Galadima, "we feel bad that election ANPP won has been denied it again., It was denied because the national secretariat of the party has been compromised and its members are therefore left without any sense of direction.
"In view of the continued killing, we call on the federal government to declare a state of emmegency in the state before it is too late. Military men should be drafted to the state to dislodge those in uniform allegedly armed by the state government. We equally call for the cancellation of the result of the council election since cancel election was the main issue."
Buba Galadima said that information received by the Buhari Organisation shows that the biggest Motor Company in Jos, named Femma Motors was burned down with over 100 vehicles parked at the garage. Also the auto shop of Ibrahim Saleh Hassan, son of Alhaji Saleh Hassan, former national chairman of the Democratic Party of Nigeria (DPN) was burned down.
The Buhari group also called on government to set up an indepedent Judiciary Enquiry Panel to investigate the cause of the crisis.
Also in a statement issued in Abuja Saturday by its National Publicity Secretary, the Action Congress (AC) Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party also condemned the government’s gross insensitivity in going ahead to release the results of the elections, especially that of the Jos North that precipitated the crisis, even as the smoke was yet to clear from the ruins of the violence.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=129535&printer_friendly=1

Imagine the death toll is more than India.
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RibaduFan(m): 11:05pm On Nov 30, 2008
Rubypearl

Let's leave licking ass alone. This is a serious issue that should be dealt with decisively.
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RibaduFan(m): 11:07pm On Nov 30, 2008
RedHotChic (f)

Re: Is The North Xenophobic?
« #49 on: Today at 11:01:42 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RHC,

what did you feed yemmyse? He's been licking your ass since yest.

He is Hot

OMG. U re rotten
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by udezue(m): 11:07pm On Nov 30, 2008
Redhot,

Igbos of my generation just started reacting to Hausa madness now. I say if ONE NIGERIA means butchering Igbos in the North for some bullcrap then let my people butcher them too in the East, West, and North whenever they rear up their ugly heads and no one should mention Biafra. We all ONE NIGERIANS. Butchering ur fellow citizen is the Nigerian way and patriotic Nigerians should reply the patriotic Hausas whenever they talk.  No need to treat them with kid gloves.
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RedHotChic(f): 11:08pm On Nov 30, 2008
Rubypearl

Let's leave licking ass alone. This is a serious issue that should be dealt with decisively.
I agree with you this time.
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RedHotChic(f): 11:09pm On Nov 30, 2008
Redhot,

Igbos of my generation just started reacting to Hausa madness now. I say if ONE NIGERIA means butchering Igbos in the North for some bullcrap then let my people butcher them too in the East, West, and North whenever they rear up their ugly heads and no one should mention Biafra. We all ONE NIGERIANS. Butchering ur fellow citizen is the Nigerian way and patriotic Nigerians should reply the patriotic Hausas whenever they talk. No need to treat them with kid gloves.

Its like Yorubas are worse hit in this latest cabal. So, you are not alone.
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by oudeima: 11:14pm On Nov 30, 2008
How could you, in the name of Lord, speak of licking asses throught such a tremendously serious issu like xenophoia?
grow up guys.
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RubyPearl: 11:14pm On Nov 30, 2008
yemmyse:

OMG. U re rotten
hehehe, you sound like a female just now. grin

But I agree, serious issue at hand wink
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RubyPearl: 11:14pm On Nov 30, 2008
oudeima:

How could you, in the name of Lord, speak of licking asses throught such a tremendously serious issu like xenophoia?
grow up guys.
oh my!

You could have contributed though undecided
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RibaduFan(m): 11:16pm On Nov 30, 2008
Rubypearl
I get it now, u want me to show some attention. Well, maybe if u can be abit controversial like RHC, just maybe.
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RedHotChic(f): 11:18pm On Nov 30, 2008
grow up guys.

Lol, everybody is just mad today. grin grin grin
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RubyPearl: 11:20pm On Nov 30, 2008
yemmyse:

Rubypearl
I get it now, u want me to show some attention. Well, maybe if u can be abit controversial like RHC, just maybe.
ekiti men attention? God forbid bad thing grin grin shocked shocked.

RedHotChic:

Lol, everybody is just mad today. grin grin grin
grin grin grin I guess so
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by oudeima: 11:26pm On Nov 30, 2008
u pearl, or so called, don't try to make fun of the issu here. Be serious
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RubyPearl: 11:27pm On Nov 30, 2008
oudeima:

u pearl, or so called, don't try to make fun of the issu here. Be serious
yes ma/ sir. . . .dnt vex o.

Oya, what should we do?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FERMA Targets Zero Potholes In December / Northerners Lets Get To Know Each Other / ISIS Fires Rocket At Israel But Hits Gaza

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.