Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Why My Family, Folks And I Wouldn't Vote Come 2015 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why My Family, Folks And I Wouldn't Vote Come 2015 (14173 Views)

Gej Has My Vote Come March 28...what`s Yours? / Why I Wouldn't Vote Buhari. / A Counter Thread To Those That Have Said They Wouldn't Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why My Family, Folks And I Wouldn't Vote Come 2015 by Alphonsocapone(m): 5:40am On Nov 30, 2014
torhuke:

Agama lizard... You have a problem with GEJ till 2019?
no sane person will want GEJ till 2019
Re: Why My Family, Folks And I Wouldn't Vote Come 2015 by darlenese(f): 5:45am On Nov 30, 2014
I have never voted! And will never vote

Not with the. Dangers surrounding my vicinity during election period
The Rule is

#if u want to stay alive, stay indoors#
Re: Why My Family, Folks And I Wouldn't Vote Come 2015 by bundur(m): 6:05am On Nov 30, 2014
Weda dey like it o not i wl not vote cox i havnt seen any gud impact of democracy in my life
Re: Why My Family, Folks And I Wouldn't Vote Come 2015 by Nobody: 6:14am On Nov 30, 2014
[b][/b]The worst illiterate is the political illiterate, he doesn’t hear, doesn’t speak, nor participates in the political events. He doesn’t know the cost of life, the price of the bean, of the fish, of the flour, of the rent, of the shoes and of the medicine, all depends on political decisions. The political illiterate is so stupid that he is proud and swells his chest saying that he hates politics. The slowpoke doesn’t know that, from his political ignorance is born the prostitute, the abandoned child, and the worst thieves of all, the bad politician, corrupted and flunky of the national and multinational companies.
Bertolt Brecht

1 Like

Re: Why My Family, Folks And I Wouldn't Vote Come 2015 by friendlyadvice: 6:24am On Nov 30, 2014
aj_five:
2. LACK OF SECURITY.
This here is a big problem. The security is
rubbish.
During the last election, I along with my folks
almost lost our lives. We were forcefully
circumcised to vote for the opposition. Our
vote or we lost our thumbs.
Even after we obliged, the thugs robbed us of
our money and threatened to ransack our
houses if we dare cough a whim.

Exactly my reason for not voting , I go just jeje sit down for my house
Besides voting is the least way of fulfilling your obligations as a citizen or exercising your rights nigerians are fund of thinking that once they've voted they've done the country a big favor the truth is whether its GEJ or Buhari or even king david and king solomon joined together, Nigeria will still fail if we leave everything to FG, if you want to change nigeria? Then roll up your sleeves and get to work join a community or a pressure group and formulate policies for change and lobby the gov't into accepting and supporting it there's no limit to what one can achieve when they have an entire community behind them. I prefer serving my country this way than standing under sun to vote for a man just because he gave me bag of rice or because he wears a hat like my grand father in the village
Re: Why My Family, Folks And I Wouldn't Vote Come 2015 by GentleYoung(m): 6:34am On Nov 30, 2014
So that's the solution u have...
Re: Why My Family, Folks And I Wouldn't Vote Come 2015 by LORDI(m): 6:36am On Nov 30, 2014
lonelydora:
Why stress myself when the winner is already known days before the election? I dont even have the card not to mention voting.

When BIAFRA finally comes I will vote because Biafra will be crime and corruption free.
dream on,..NIGERIA remains one,.
Re: Why My Family, Folks And I Wouldn't Vote Come 2015 by GentleYoung(m): 6:41am On Nov 30, 2014
Alphonsocapone:
no sane person will want GEJ till 2019
New breeze comes 2015.
Re: Why My Family, Folks And I Wouldn't Vote Come 2015 by 1stola: 6:44am On Nov 30, 2014
temitemi1:
If u like vote,if u like no vote but come 2015 is GEJ. GEJ till 2019!!!
Hopeless leader of tomorrow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why My Family, Folks And I Wouldn't Vote Come 2015 by AJ01(m): 7:02am On Nov 30, 2014
Kai name sake I reli hate politics..how come u like it...GEJ or no GEJ...Nigeria is messed up...democracy is not working...we shld try sumtin else..haba..is about time..
Re: Why My Family, Folks And I Wouldn't Vote Come 2015 by lonelydora: 7:10am On Nov 30, 2014
LORDI:
dream on,..NIGERIA remains one,.
Dream on too. Nigeria gradually sinking and we can't help it.
Re: Why My Family, Folks And I Wouldn't Vote Come 2015 by ewizard1: 7:10am On Nov 30, 2014
A thousand of Dundies on this thread!!! smh for you'all.

@OP, I feel your pain jare... Vote Koh, Vote Ni.

My building is a Polling Unit... I have always stood on my balcony and watch people queue up to vote in those criminals they call leaders. And I promised to repeat the same come 2015.

Please, vote if you wish. But I hope you vote for the RIGHT Leader. Because if opposite, you get half of the ill-talks/curses showered on the Leader... Because you helped him in.

And a Yoruba saying goes... "agbepo laja ki nse ole, bi eni ti o ran lowo kale"
*Translation*
"The one who stole the oil from the roof is not a theif, the one that helps to drop it successfully should be labeled THIEF"

Which YOU could be termed as.
Re: Why My Family, Folks And I Wouldn't Vote Come 2015 by Ekpekus(m): 7:12am On Nov 30, 2014
A wise man once said "only fools do things repeatedly in the same way and expect a different result". Many have always had this notion "your vote doesn't count" and I often reply, the day it will count, will it come and invite you?

We have complained about the mismanagement in government and yearn for change which constitutionally we are empowered to enforced by our vote, why shy away?
Another ill have noticed amongst many voters is the thought pattern that voting entails just presidency & gubernatorial positions. What about HOR, Senate, HOA & the LG? These people also has a role to play in bringing the dividend of democracy to the electorates.

As for me and my household, one step @ a time, cos my PVC is cooling in a safe location within my domain awaiting February 2015 where I will vote for credibility and not party, religion or region.

God bless the electorates
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why My Family, Folks And I Wouldn't Vote Come 2015 by jomoh: 7:18am On Nov 30, 2014
AjFive:
As a Nigerian, it pains me a lot to write this for as much as I want to partake and vote, the government is doing nothing to encourage me. They make me, my friends and folks men to feel our vote are nothing, and it wouldn't count - which obviously is the truth.

So in my depressed state, I've decided to pen down the major reasons why we wouldn't partake in any of the elections come 2015.

1. PATHETIC REGISTRATION SYSTEM.

2. LACK OF SECURITY.

3. CORRUPT OFFICIALS.

4. CORRUPT PARTY OFFICIALS.

5. BOKO-HARAM.

Aj_Five

What you have is insecurity about the govt and the whole election issue. This shouldn't be and is shouldn't discourage you from voting.

We have a CSO that is supposed to take care of this and make sure it is done and if it is not being done the way you like or to ur satisfaction you use your vote whether you believe in the system or not. Keep trying until you see changes.

You need something from God, you pray even when you're not sure it will be answered now or even when it will be answered. You don't give up instead, you intensify your prayer hoping things change and u don't stop until u see changes.
Re: Why My Family, Folks And I Wouldn't Vote Come 2015 by Temptee101(m): 7:27am On Nov 30, 2014
They candidates we have contesting are not worth risking one's life for. Wish we had a candidate of unquestionable character, who we can vouch for, proven, tested and trusted beyond all reasonable doubt. Its so unfortunate we are only left with GEJ and GMB. The issue now is who to vote for, since we have given GEJ four years without seeing any significant thing he did, is it not safer we give GMB that same chance of four years too. If GEJ is elected come 2015 he already knows he is in his final lap and wont do much to impress since he aint coming back again. On the other hand if GMB wins, it would make he sit up since he knows that the power belongs to the people and he needed to impress because we could throw him out after his ist tenure just like GEJ. Lets do away with sentiments, tribalism and bigotry, we have tried it and it never worked, nobody benefitted from it. This is my humble opinion. God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why My Family, Folks And I Wouldn't Vote Come 2015 by davo3286: 7:27am On Nov 30, 2014
This is a foolish statement to make, absolutely. If you do not vote then do not complain of bad leadership because it would be foolish of you. Why would you even come here to tell us you will not vote?! angry Okay, what do you want us to do now, beg you!? Arrant nonsense! angry If you don't want to vote don't come here to discourage others with your foolish thoughts.

As for me, I will vote and keep voting until the change (definitely not the kind of change some lousy group are preaching...you know them) I desire manifests. Because I do know that in order to get your desire perseverance is key.

1 Like

Re: Why My Family, Folks And I Wouldn't Vote Come 2015 by McSterling(m): 7:33am On Nov 30, 2014
AjFive:
[color=#000037]As a Nigerian, it pains me a lot to write this for as much as I want to partake and vote, the government is doing nothing to encourage me. They make me, my friends and folks men to feel our vote are nothing, and it wouldn't count - which obviously is the truth.

So in my depressed state, I've decided to pen down the major reasons why we wouldn't partake in any of the elections come 2015.

The registration system is terrible. I was so lucky to make it. One registration center for a population of over 50 thousand individuals. You tell me, isn't it pathetic. Ha! People fight to get in line, they stay there from morning till dawn and worse still, the officials don't corporate at all! Always Angry!
This is very true. In my area in Lagos it was more than pathetic. The Baale always brought his own candidates which were burqua wearing Muslim women and long-bearded Alfas, even though some of us had been waiting at the registration centre as early as 5 a.m. Some of the officials even took money to register people. Big old and young women/men fought each other. A terribly chaotic setting. Imagine doing all these to vote a bunch of animals who don't and won't give a f.u.ck about you after being voted.

2. LACK OF SECURITY.

This here is a big problem. The security is rubbish.
During the last election, I along with my folks almost lost our lives. We were forcefully circumcised to vote for the opposition. Our vote or we lost our thumbs.
Even after we obliged, the thugs robbed us of our money and threatened to ransack our houses if we dare cough a whim.
This is enough reason not to vote. No politician is worth losing your life over.
Re: Why My Family, Folks And I Wouldn't Vote Come 2015 by jimmy101231(m): 7:33am On Nov 30, 2014
GEJ till jesus show up
Re: Why My Family, Folks And I Wouldn't Vote Come 2015 by djmask(m): 7:34am On Nov 30, 2014
temitemi1:
If u like vote,if u like no vote but come 2015 is GEJ. GEJ till 2019!!!
Its pathetic when Nigerian youth talk like this. What change have we seen since the leadership of PDP began? Billions have been sunk into power generation yet its still same. We keep patching up our economy and the number of unemployed have never been this large. Unless u stand to benefit personally, then Goodluck has nothing to offer us. Let another party try even if its UNDP
Re: Why My Family, Folks And I Wouldn't Vote Come 2015 by magicfingers009: 7:39am On Nov 30, 2014
I don't have to read his reasons cos they would all be foolish. If you don't vote, then shut up and never complain about the government. Wonder how some dumb topics make front page these days
Re: Why My Family, Folks And I Wouldn't Vote Come 2015 by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 30, 2014
[deleted]
Re: Why My Family, Folks And I Wouldn't Vote Come 2015 by Clinton594(m): 7:50am On Nov 30, 2014
no go enjoy your Valentine's day ....duh!
Re: Why My Family, Folks And I Wouldn't Vote Come 2015 by holatin(m): 7:54am On Nov 30, 2014
tonididdy:
lol talk naw...I feel notin
are u now ok
Re: Why My Family, Folks And I Wouldn't Vote Come 2015 by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 30, 2014
hmmm ...we vote online here in Pakistan
Re: Why My Family, Folks And I Wouldn't Vote Come 2015 by ndcide(m): 8:32am On Nov 30, 2014
I must vote.

coz We must must GEJ back.
Re: Why My Family, Folks And I Wouldn't Vote Come 2015 by mediachirps(m): 8:56am On Nov 30, 2014
SuperModerator:
no matter the insecurity involved, voting is a sacrifice I have to do for my darling Nation.

I need to partake in freeing Nigeria from the shackles of PDP and GEJ
yeesssooo my brother but, unfortunately our vote does not really count, leadership in Nigeria is done by random selection and not prior by our voting.
Re: Why My Family, Folks And I Wouldn't Vote Come 2015 by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 30, 2014
kamez:
Already made the same decision months ago..

Funny thing is dat I ve not even seen any credible candidate to take over from GEJ..

So I guess GEJ should just continue.. But as for me I'm definitely not voting for anyone..

Except seun wan contest..
You are definitely clueless and an ignorant.
Its better,you dont vote sef
Re: Why My Family, Folks And I Wouldn't Vote Come 2015 by zurine(f): 9:08am On Nov 30, 2014
well said, but not all the above mentioned is correct
Re: Why My Family, Folks And I Wouldn't Vote Come 2015 by kamez(m): 9:16am On Nov 30, 2014
samisparkle24:

You are definitely clueless and an ignorant.
Its better,you dont vote sef

When will people like u have sense? If I say I won't vote, because personally I don't find any of the candidates credible enough, how is dat ur bizness?

I'm I the cause of all the hardship u and ur family are facing? See trouble oo.. Abeg transfer ur agression elsewhere... Otondo
Re: Why My Family, Folks And I Wouldn't Vote Come 2015 by Dannidom(m): 9:29am On Nov 30, 2014
AjFive:
As a Nigerian, it pains me a lot to write this for as much as I want to partake and vote, the government is doing nothing to encourage me. They make me, my friends and folks men to feel our vote are nothing, and it wouldn't count - which obviously is the truth.

The registration system is terrible. I was so lucky to make it. One registration center for a population of over 50 thousand individuals. You tell me, isn't it pathetic. Ha! People fight to get in line, they stay there from morning till dawn and worse still, the officials don't corporate at all! Always Angry!

2. LACK OF SECURITY.

This here is a big problem. The security is rubbish.
During the last election, I along with my folks almost lost our lives. We were forcefully circumcised to vote for the opposition. Our vote or we lost our thumbs.
Even after we obliged, the thugs robbed us of our money and threatened to ransack our houses if we dare cough a whim.

3. CORRUPT OFFICIALS.

Some of you might have witnessed this too. The officials governing the election processes are too corrupt. They cast votes themselves as many as three thousand to four per individual. Your vote — your pay!

4. CORRUPT PARTY OFFICIALS.

Party officials auction for votes. You sell your vote, you get as much as two thousand naira. It depends on the buyer but PDP pay much. Early by 4am, you see them moving shelter to houses, giving free blood money in a bid to win out the hearts of poverty stricken folks. Pathetic.

5. BOKO-HARAM.

I have two words to explain this; September — 11.

So, these here are my very reasons.
Happy voting to those ‘ready"’.

Aj_Five

1000000 likes #team-boycot-2015-election
Re: Why My Family, Folks And I Wouldn't Vote Come 2015 by Dannidom(m): 9:36am On Nov 30, 2014
NLEFCC:
To make democracy work we must be a nation of participants and not merely observers, one who does not vote has no right to complain. Bad leaders are those chosen by good citizens who do not vote.
if only there is a level playing ground

Elections in Nigeria are nt safe to be termed civil duty

simple truth be told masses vote dosent count buh how wel the politicians rigs the election

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saraki’s Trial: 17 Political Parties Ask CCT Judge To Resign / Sule Lamido Pictured With His Sons & Grandchildren / President Buhari, APC Governors’ Meet In Abuja (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.