Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

I’ll End Insurgency If Elected President – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll End Insurgency If Elected President – Buhari (2155 Views)

Kogi Guber: Audu Will Return The N11bn He Stole If Elected - APC Chairman / Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC / Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll End Insurgency If Elected President – Buhari by Omooba77: 6:52pm On Nov 30, 2014
A former Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), has promised to fight insurgency and other forms of insecurity in the country if elected President under the platform of All Progressives Congress in the 2015 general elections.The pledge is coming amidst rising insurgency by the Boko Haram Islamic sect in the North East and recent attack on Kano Central MosqueHe also denied sharing money during his recent visit to IMO State during his nationwide tour to meet APC delegates.The Head (Media, Publicity and ICT) in Buhari Support Organization, Dr. Chidia Maduekwe stated these in his weekly brief on “GMB meet the party delegates nationwide tour” read to journalists on Friday in Abuja.“At no time all did GMB, all through this meet the delegates tour, share money or lobby any delegate with money. As we all know a leopard can never change its spot. Friends and sympathizers may have privately encouraged their colleague to attend the delegates meeting, certainly not GMB directing or approving any monetary exchange as being faultily being reported by some online media”, he stated.In his nationwide tour to meet delegates, Buhari had visited Abia, Bayelsa, IMO, Delta, Cross River and Rivers State where Governor Rotimi Amaechi described him as a committed and focused leader whose watch word is integrity which remains a strong ingredient of his character make up that will never change.Maduekwe said, “The summary of all the response and the welcoming remarks by GMB at various state capitals can be summarized. He made it clear that this country must first be secured and efficiently and effectively managed if our nation is to bounce back to normalcy for our people to prosper. Leadership integrity must be the focus watch word if we must salvage Nigeria once again.“We recall that we fought a ferrous civil war without borrowing a kobo but now despite budgeting well over 25 per cent of national annual budget to defence recently we are borrowing $1 billion to prosecute insurgency, yet all we keep hearing is the low morale of our fighting forces as they melt before the ravaging ill trained insurgents.“A situation were about 20 LGAs of this country are under an alien flag can no longer be tolerated. APC is ready to turn the tide to bring Nigeria back into the fold of proud and respectable community of African nations. Our watch word is: securing our nation, prospering our people.“One is worried to read about Nigerian soldiers giving interview to foreign media on how under equipped they are as they face the insurgency. Effort by the National Assembly to conduct hearing on such sad development is hushed down. Same as the NASS hearing on the subsidy scam which till this date has remained a mystery to our general public.”Maduwke quoted Buhari as informing the delegates that he has come to seek their consent and support to vote for him at the forthcoming presidential primaries.He also told them that “if as a party we fail to act strongly to win the 2015 elections then PDP will not only destroy Nigeria but the people living in it.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/ill-end-insurgency-if-elected-president-buhari/

1 Like

Re: I’ll End Insurgency If Elected President – Buhari by Omooba77: 6:56pm On Nov 30, 2014
Until dem die finish for North?

1 Like

Re: I’ll End Insurgency If Elected President – Buhari by Mologi(m): 7:00pm On Nov 30, 2014
trouble dey ooo....
just talk in layman words...

I WILL CALL MY BOYS TO ORDER

3 Likes

Re: I’ll End Insurgency If Elected President – Buhari by Lordtrillion(m): 7:05pm On Nov 30, 2014
Re: I’ll End Insurgency If Elected President – Buhari by argon500: 7:08pm On Nov 30, 2014
Must he become a president before finding solution to problems in his region? smh undecided

Politicians lying to us since 8BC

3 Likes

Re: I’ll End Insurgency If Elected President – Buhari by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 30, 2014
Talk is cheap

With the way these Boko boys are wasting lives, can Buhari tame them except he wants us to start insinuating again that he has a hand in their existence.

3 Likes

Re: I’ll End Insurgency If Elected President – Buhari by F22RAPTOR(m): 7:15pm On Nov 30, 2014
He (GMB) that pays the piper (BH) calls the tune (Insurgency)...smh undecided

3 Likes

Re: I’ll End Insurgency If Elected President – Buhari by BlackTechnology: 7:18pm On Nov 30, 2014
grin

BH= Buhari herdsmen

2 Likes

Re: I’ll End Insurgency If Elected President – Buhari by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 30, 2014
He did it in 1984, He crushed Maitasine boys that were tHe forerunners of Boko Haram. He's capable, competent and people focused. Come 2015 the General will do it again as President. God bless the Daura-born General!!!! He shall takeover in 2015 by the grace of God…

#I-believe

4 Likes

Re: I’ll End Insurgency If Elected President – Buhari by Truth24(m): 7:27pm On Nov 30, 2014
Oga u can also help Gej to fight it even when not d president

6 Likes

Re: I’ll End Insurgency If Elected President – Buhari by holatin(m): 7:27pm On Nov 30, 2014
yes he will.
Bihari the exterminator of terrorism and corruption.

3 Likes

Re: I’ll End Insurgency If Elected President – Buhari by Maamin(m): 7:48pm On Nov 30, 2014
Lmao.. someone should tell him to put his money where his mouth is

I smell something fishy

When he gets elected he will be like "boys you can now back down am finally on the throne"..then he will say that he curb BH.

Damn this zobo is good..who made it?

3 Likes

Re: I’ll End Insurgency If Elected President – Buhari by freenortheast: 7:58pm On Nov 30, 2014
May the carnage of BOKO HARAM be visited on southern Nigeria, so that some illegitimate inhabitants of the South will know how NE people feel everyday.

1 Like

Re: I’ll End Insurgency If Elected President – Buhari by Omooba77: 8:04pm On Nov 30, 2014
freenortheast:
May the carnage of BOKO HARAM be visited on southern Nigeria, so that some illegitimate inhabitants of the South will know how NE people feel everyday.
Also those who are sponsoring evil...

1 Like

Re: I’ll End Insurgency If Elected President – Buhari by SOUNDKING: 8:27pm On Nov 30, 2014
U can Imagine.
Re: I’ll End Insurgency If Elected President – Buhari by Omooba77: 9:01pm On Nov 30, 2014
God help us!
Re: I’ll End Insurgency If Elected President – Buhari by Omooba77: 11:21pm On Nov 30, 2014
Anyone that has solution should profer it now,abah...yamutu....

2 Likes

Re: I’ll End Insurgency If Elected President – Buhari by tobyte233: 11:35pm On Nov 30, 2014
oluade iy

Re: I’ll End Insurgency If Elected President – Buhari by Omooba77: 6:35am On Dec 01, 2014
When last has Gen. Buhari attended council of state meeting last..
Re: I’ll End Insurgency If Elected President – Buhari by rozayx5(m): 6:41am On Dec 01, 2014
barcanista:
He did it in 1984, He crushed Maitasine boys that were tHe forerunners of Boko Haram. He's capable, competent and people focused. Come 2015 the General will do it again as President. God bless the Daura-born General!!!! He shall takeover in 2015 by the grace of God…

#I-believe

cramjones don hammer, keep trying your day will come sad sad

1 Like

Re: I’ll End Insurgency If Elected President – Buhari by Omooba77: 6:47am On Dec 01, 2014
barcanista:

#I-believe
Let him not wait till all those who will vote for him die finish, Maitasine was arou.nd 1982
Re: I’ll End Insurgency If Elected President – Buhari by lyntiffany(f): 7:34am On Dec 01, 2014
Truth24:
Some one actually reasoned towards my direction, thought I was on that alone. To be honest that could have given him a winning hand over Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: I’ll End Insurgency If Elected President – Buhari by Caseless: 7:45am On Dec 01, 2014
argon500:
Must he become a president before finding solution to problems in his region? smh undecided

Politicians lying to us since 8BC
you need to go back to the creche again if you dont know that individual sent to that position are entrusted with everything, and to make certain things happen, you have to be in that position. If ur president who have all the power cant fight boko haram, what do u expect a powerless buhari to do?
Can u please tell us one Nigeria's problem gej helped to solve as a non-public office holder?
Re: I’ll End Insurgency If Elected President – Buhari by Caseless: 7:54am On Dec 01, 2014
lyntiffany:
Some one actually reasoned towards my direction, thought I was on that alone. To be honest that could have given him a winning hand over Jonathan.
if u support gej, must u always reason like him?
Ok! Tell me one Nigeria's problem gej joined in solving as a non-public office holder. Or tell me one that he has solved in all the position he has held. We know buhari antecedent; he dealt with maitatsine, fought in the civil war, etc, what has ur gej achieved in this sense for Nigeria ? Check the list of those that fought for democracy or, those were standing up against the military then, if u are going to see gej's name there.
You people are just too headless to read and learn.
Re: I’ll End Insurgency If Elected President – Buhari by vedaxcool(m): 8:00am On Dec 01, 2014
I believe given the resources wasted by GEJ, Buhari would do a far better job curtailing and eliminating BH!

Vote wisely, vote Buhari 2015 for a secure and prosperous Nigeria!
Re: I’ll End Insurgency If Elected President – Buhari by FrankC3: 8:12am On Dec 01, 2014
Caseless:
Ok! Tell me one Nigeria's problem gej joined in solving as a non-public office holder. Or tell me one that he has solved in all the position he has held. We know buhari antecedent; he dealt with maitatsine, fought in the civil war, etc, what has ur gej achieved in this sense for Nigeria ? Check the list of those that fought for democracy or, those were standing up against the military then, if u are going to see gej's name there.

Was Pa Oritsejafor that you hate so much, EK Clark and other SS Elders the President of this country before they contributed constructively to the solution of the militancy challenge? What position was the SE elders holding before helping find solution to the kidnapping problem?

The ideological stance of APC and her followership on the cardinal issue of leadership and civic responsibility, especially as it has to do with supposedly elder statesmen in their midst is very worrisome. I have asked this question before but got no reasonable response even from core APC followers. What has been the contribution of Buhari to our democracy from 1999 to date? What are his contributions to anti-corruption drives, terrorism in the North, even kidnapping in the East or the area boys and ritual killing challenge in the West? He is known to have no business he runs, no NGO that he champions, no peace deal that he brokers, no international engagement (like OBJ), no leadership institute he manages, even our own Lagos Business School or UNILAG MBA class has never invited him even for a lecture on a simple topic like 'The place of ethics in public leadership' or such topics. What exactly has Buhari been doing since 1999 apart from contesting elections? NOTHING!!! He is simply unproductive. Even Dino Maleye (with his poor domestic records) has been far more productive than Buhari. It is better to have this man do something, even if I disagree with his strategy, than what we have right now.

4 Likes

Re: I’ll End Insurgency If Elected President – Buhari by lyntiffany(f): 8:17am On Dec 01, 2014
Caseless:
He doesn't act like Gej that is why he is Buhari the maitatsine slayer( Spartacus buhari). He should do it again before he clench the sit of presidency.
Re: I’ll End Insurgency If Elected President – Buhari by lilflipnerd: 8:20am On Dec 01, 2014
Truth24:
shey d mumu GEJ seek for help
Re: I’ll End Insurgency If Elected President – Buhari by lilflipnerd: 8:22am On Dec 01, 2014
Even NA boys would b happy to have The General has the Commander-in-cheif
Re: I’ll End Insurgency If Elected President – Buhari by Caseless: 8:41am On Dec 01, 2014
FrankC3:

Was Pa Oritsejafor that you hate so much, EK Clark and other SS Elders the President of this country before they contributed constructively to the solution of the militancy challenge? What position was the SE elders holding before helping find solution to the kidnapping problem?

The ideological stance of APC and her followership on the cardinal issue of leadership and civic responsibility, especially as it has to do with supposedly elder statesmen in their midst is very worrisome. I have asked this question before but got no reasonable response even from core APC followers. What has been the contribution of Buhari to our democracy from 1999 to date? What are his contributions to anti-corruption drives, terrorism in the North, even kidnapping in the East or the area boys and ritual killing challenge in the West? He is known to have no business he runs, no NGO that he champions, no peace deal that he brokers, no international engagement (like OBJ), no leadership institute he manages, even our own Lagos Business School or UNILAG MBA class has never invited him even for a lecture on a simple topic like 'The place of ethics in public leadership' or such topics. What exactly has Buhari been doing since 1999 apart from contesting elections? NOTHING!!! He is simply unproductive. Even Dino Maleye (with his poor domestic records) has been far more productive than Buhari. It is better to have this man do something, even if I disagree with his strategy, than what we have right now.
the militant never listened to their own people until a nothern president came in and over-saw the negotiation by tabling what the fighters could look at then. Why has the southern president not been able to get boko haram to listen to their people even if it means bringing them(boko haram) to their knees via military offensive? Dont forget that even as obj is not seen as the person who ended militancy, he made sure the militants were under pressure; weakened them to some length for yaradua that succeeded him to have a soft landing with them. Dont give me names of edwin clerk, oritsejeafor etc as if they ended the militancy, but the C-in-C(yaradua) who acted like one by creating an enabling environment for the truce to take place.
Again, u want to know buhari's contribution to democracy since 99. Voting and contesting to be voted for is enough contribution to any democracy anywhere in the world. Believing in democracy itself is a contribution. Challenging the outcome of an election thought not to be free, fair and credible in the competent court of the land is enough testimony to show buhari's contribution to our nascent democracy- a move that has consolidated democracy and made it grow a little. Buhari has created a political party and his party is part of the merger. This tells u buhari's resolve to always contribute positively to the growth of democracy. Buhari accepting the court judgement even though he was obviously hoodwinked and armtwisted by 3 judges plus the attorney general to favor the power in place then is enough tetimony to show u how buhari is contributing to our democracy.
You want buhari to be recognized like the likes of obj who ruled in this civilian dispensation even as buhari was a military head of state; something the west does not support? Apart from Abdulsalam who enjoys this privilege for handing over to civilian, tell me one of our past leaders that's currently enjoying this.
Or, you want buhari to be seen giving public lectures? You have not seen him doing this before , so he does not contribute anything to democracy. I guess ur understanding of contribution to democracy is limited and concerntric to holding public lectures.
Re: I’ll End Insurgency If Elected President – Buhari by Caseless: 8:48am On Dec 01, 2014
lyntiffany:
He doesn't act like Gej that is why he is Buhari the maitatsine slayer( Spartacus buhari). He should do it again before he clench the sit of presidency.
now i know how u reason.
Re: I’ll End Insurgency If Elected President – Buhari by simpleseyi: 8:51am On Dec 01, 2014
Buhari is not just talking, he is making a vow. He is reminding us that he has done it before and that he will do it again. It took him only few days to crush Maitasines or whatever they called themselves in early 1980s when they started something similar to boko haram. There can't be progress and development without security. The man from Otuoke has been playing with boko haram for about 6 years now without any solution. Buhari has done it before, he will do it again only if you and I give him the opportunity. He is not a Saint, he has his own short-comings too, but Buhari at his worst is still better than Jonathan's best.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can We Easily Wrest Power From Buhari If He Does Not Perform After 4 Years / Buhari Has No More Excuse To Retrieve His Certificate - Tinubu / FG Approves Nine(9) New Private Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.