Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Jos, December And Cold. - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jos, December And Cold. (20284 Views)

Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) / What's Your Remedy For The Cold\raining Season / The burning cold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jos, December And Cold. by Nobody: 4:21am On Dec 02, 2014
Even with the cold chilly climate,There is no city like Jtown.. I rep Jankwanu where I was born I salute st annes st johns college, baptist academy, st murumba and salama high school, .

I rep Rukuba Road down to Zaria road down to Feriganda back to Agwan rogo-bauchi ringroad with the beutiful Dogon agogo enjoying the smoothness of Dogon dutse straight to Nassarawa gwom navigating to Agwan rukuba bursting out to Etobaba trekking to Tina junction peeping into Rikkos, chewing suya at Agwan shanu, overlooking Dutse ukwu flying to Rayfield docking at Abbatoir hitting back at West of mines Joseph gonwalK, Polo Park, Pam street-old zoo and musuem straight to Muritala mohammed way,ahmadu bello way sighting Terminus with its lost glory, oooo i miss Chobe Busa buji, Apata ,Corner shagari,Rock heaven, Gada biu, Tundun wada, British America,Hwolshe,Kwararafa, Gangere, Dilimi, Katako,,,,,,, i can never forget those good cool days .. Jtown is the best ...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos, December And Cold. by Nobody: 4:31am On Dec 02, 2014
cuteniva:
plateau is not a hausa state.hausa is only spoken as mins of communication buh there are other tribes.tk 4 instance in lag, there are different tribes buh yoruba is used as medium of communication.hausa states are north east n west.

Ok I get your point but that Lagos analogy is flawed.

Firstly, Lagos is a certified Yoruba state and no one needs to learn Yoruba to be able to communicate in Lagos, standard English or it's broken form will do.

Also, if the major means for communication in Jos is Hausa, then there's a problem. The fact that the Hausas have been able to impose their language on the settlers of the state raises the assumption that the Hausas are the majority and are well settled within the state.

1 Like

Re: Jos, December And Cold. by Nobody: 4:42am On Dec 02, 2014
Ignorant folks and cowards who have repeatedly allow fear run their lives like Chickens coming here to talk about Boko Haram in Jos..I love my Jos..(J)esus (O)ur (S)avior or better still,(J)esus (O)ver (S)atan is what we preach..I'm ma Jtown boi cos i'm JOStified all round..From Apata to Bukuru,Bauchi Road,Tudun Wada,Tina Junction,Terminus,Rukuba,Chobe,Rantya,Hwolshe,British America,Old Airport,Katako,Busa-Buji,Farin Gada,Perm site,and all over..I say ''Haaaaaallaaaaaa" Jtown rocks!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos, December And Cold. by Nobody: 5:22am On Dec 02, 2014
I rep jossite.

I'd spend xmas here jst lik santa winter.

Psqaure-josite
Tuface-josite
Asa-josite
Mikel-josite
Okorocha-josite
D list is go on and on.

A serene environment gives the mind the right framework to work in full capacity.

I love j city

1 Like

Re: Jos, December And Cold. by bidexmat(m): 5:38am On Dec 02, 2014
Daninya1:
Zaira is so cold, that fire itself seeks for a blanket to cover itself....
Lolxxx...
na pikin cold be zaria own jour compare to that of jos. Na dust go wan kill pesin for zaria.
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by Elijah348(m): 6:08am On Dec 02, 2014
woooow, i couldnt have wrote it better. Jos city, my j.town i miss how you were... Buh like a prodigal son i will one day come running back into your arms again ....... Quick fact- there is no state in Nigeria like Jos, it so unique.
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by hod898(m): 6:16am On Dec 02, 2014
thekingsmen:
Even with the cold chilly climate,There is no city like Jtown.. I rep Jankwanu where I was born I salute st annes st johns college, baptist academy, st murumba and salama high school, .

I rep Rukuba Road down to Zaria road down to Feriganda back to Agwan rogo-bauchi ringroad with the beutiful Dogon agogo enjoying the smoothness of Dogon dutse straight to Nassarawa gwom navigating to Agwan rukuba bursting out to Etobaba trekking to Tina junction peeping into Rikkos, chewing suya at Agwan shanu, overlooking Dutse ukwu flying to Rayfield docking at Abbatoir hitting back at West of mines Joseph gonwalK, Polo Park, Pam street-old zoo and musuem straight to Muritala mohammed way,ahmadu bello way sighting Terminus with its lost glory, oooo i miss Chobe Busa buji, Apata ,Corner shagari,Rock heaven, Gada biu, Tundun wada, British America,Hwolshe,Kwararafa, Gangere, Dilimi, Katako,,,,,,, i can never forget those good cool days .. Jtown is the best ...
Chairman, you be real J-TOWN guy. I love Jos so much.
http://msbase.com

1 Like

Re: Jos, December And Cold. by hod898(m): 6:23am On Dec 02, 2014
nedu213:
I rep jossite.

Psqaure-josite
Tuface-josite
Asa-josite
Mikel-josite
Okorocha-josite
D list is go on and on.

A serene environment gives the mind the right framework to work in full capacity.

I love j city

Sunday Uba- Josite

M.I.- Josite

That man that made helicopter at rukuba road- Josite
etc... The list is endless for the beloved city of Jos bro.
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by venivedivici(m): 6:26am On Dec 02, 2014
Rikkos, Ungwan Rukuba, Tudun Wada, Dadin Kowa, Rantiya, Kufang, Rayfield, Gada Biyu, Kabong, Ungwan Rimi, Ungwan Rogo, Dutse Uku, Dogon Dutse, Tina Junction, Nasarrawa, Ali Kazaure, Farin Gada, Rock Haven, Utan, GRA, Fudawa...

What more can I say? I rep J- Town.
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by bigemmmybig(m): 6:32am On Dec 02, 2014
bigtt76:
Hmmm ....fear of Boko Haram abi na Fulani herdsmen sad

Fear not madam....all dat dosent happen in jos na
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by bigemmmybig(m): 6:33am On Dec 02, 2014
hod898:

Chairman, you be real J-TOWN guy. I love Jos so much.

Yes bossss

1 Like

Re: Jos, December And Cold. by Nobody: 7:05am On Dec 02, 2014
Okay... I heard its naija's moscow
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by jazzy4naija(m): 7:14am On Dec 02, 2014
primed:

Ok I get your point but that Lagos analogy is flawed.

Firstly, Lagos is a certified Yoruba state and no one needs to learn Yoruba to be able to communicate in Lagos, standard English or it's broken form will do.

Also, if the major means for communication in Jos is Hausa, then there's a problem. The fact that the Hausas have been able to impose their language on the settlers of the state raises the assumption that the Hausas are the majority and are well settled within the state.

During the Colonial Era, the middle belt of Nigeria went through two colonial process (Britain and Hausa/Fulani) which was due to the Indirect rule. Most of the states in d middle belt can not boast of a dominant ethnic group ,for instance ,Plateau state alone has more than 30 languages. The Hausas been the 2nd colonial masters of the north made their language the lingua franca of the north and this solved the problem of multi ethnic group in the Middle Belt but doesnt turn the whole of the north into Hausa . Is like saying all of us that speak English because its our official language are now English people

1 Like

Re: Jos, December And Cold. by cuteniva: 7:45am On Dec 02, 2014
nedu213:
I rep jossite.

Psqaure-josite
Tuface-josite
Asa-josite
Mikel-josite
Okorocha-josite
D list is go on and on.

I love j city
josite all the way smiley

1 Like

Re: Jos, December And Cold. by RealAlfranco: 7:53am On Dec 02, 2014
ahizih:
Jos cold weather is notin wen compared wit katsina state weather, dat one is all season
Yimu !!Dey der make pant dey wear u!!! Jos and Katsina in terms of cold level,ders no comparison.. Come around June-July,wen da rain Is beginning to settle. December weather is too much 4 u!!!

Rep'n T/wad till I roll!!!

1 Like

Re: Jos, December And Cold. by caukerzee(m): 8:36am On Dec 02, 2014
Vinsaint:

Sry bros no harm meant i my comment. Dont work urself up abt it. But u said Hausas are visitors in plateu Jos? Dat means Jos Plateau aint Hausa State, then what are they and what major language do they speak. Pls am asking to know bros/sis. okey?! Dont get pissed abt de comments u receive. If u can still explain which states are Hausas from de north and which are Fulanis i will appreciate. Is december bruh, U dont need to get angry and spoil ur joyful season. We've come along way. smiley smiley
The Hausas and Fulanis originate from the north western and north eastern states. The Fulanis migrate to feed their cattle into Plateau during the dry season. There are over 45 languages in plateau. The hausa language is only used by people who don't understand English very well, from these 45 tribes as a common ground for communication. English and pidgin is majorly used in the city. The major ethnic group in plateau is the Berom. Plateau ìs not a Hausa State. Hausas found in plateau are simply immigrants.

2 Likes

Re: Jos, December And Cold. by invisibleman2: 8:37am On Dec 02, 2014
[color=#006600][/color] yes everything he said is correct I live in jos

1 Like

Re: Jos, December And Cold. by ballyjzworld(m): 8:47am On Dec 02, 2014
Jos in December is an experience to remeber.. I am Jostified

1 Like

Re: Jos, December And Cold. by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 02, 2014
zabilon:
Our Very own Naija Moscow
Lol... yes o. The weather in Jos shld b termed winter... buh i love d adventure... God bless Naija
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by PCCOLLYN: 9:28am On Dec 02, 2014
thekingsmen:

Thanks for taking my down memory lane; spent my teen years in J-town. I rep Tafawa Balewa Str. Occasionally docking @ Apata Jenta, and Gada Biu/Rukuba Rd to catch some fun. You forgot to mention St. Loius College; where dey breed dm beautiful aje.

Really Jos cold is unrivaled in Nigeria. Spent some years in Damaturu and Maiduguri also (both very cold towns), but Jos cold... never experienced any like it

1 Like

Re: Jos, December And Cold. by StaceyJ(f): 10:33am On Dec 02, 2014

1 Like

Re: Jos, December And Cold. by davione: 10:36am On Dec 02, 2014
Love jaycity...and to add to the artist list

Young L - josite
Cardi - josite
Jeremiah gyang - josite
Zeekbass - josite

1 Like

Re: Jos, December And Cold. by interleukin(f): 10:38am On Dec 02, 2014
All this noise about Jos. I hate that place.
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by caukerzee(m): 10:54am On Dec 02, 2014
interleukin:
You don't matter. You are fuçking insignificant. So keep hating if you will.

1 Like

Re: Jos, December And Cold. by Joniboi(m): 11:17am On Dec 02, 2014
I schooled in Jos, I love that town like crazy. Hoping to relocate there soon.

1 Like

Re: Jos, December And Cold. by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 02, 2014
Whch area in jos?

StaceyJ:
Yes ooo
Proudly J-town. cool

'm still in school though, but would be vacating in 2weeks.
Can't wait to come home cheesy cheesy cheesy
And feel that chilly weather wink
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by DONFASZY(m): 12:03pm On Dec 02, 2014
I lv jos city

I go to wild life park durin my bday last 3yrs...frm lag....went to fish street..near terminus....brought d bigest fish....visit museums. ....zoo....and all dat....I lodge around bukuru....faringada....gada biu....n I lv d cold....like uk in nija...

I ve fear for crisis....muslims n christain...BH.... attracks...etc...

Re: Jos, December And Cold. by vodacom: 12:40pm On Dec 02, 2014
For Delta State na hell fire we dey experience here.for the past 2 weeks has being hot
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by Jasi7(m): 1:41pm On Dec 02, 2014
Most of you here on this thread don't know nada about j-city.my family lives there,I was born there,my two sisters and a brother were all born there.....so all this talk about boko haram and herdsmen is out of it.....the herdsmen attack were on villages far frm the city centre,the bomb blast ws in the city centre though and in one of the busiest markets(terminus market).....we have our own share of terror and so does other states...

The OP is talking about d COLD...and I can swear to every1 of you that d weather here in december to january is like winter except there is no snow fall...if u dnt wear a Thick jacket or a sweater, u wil knw how far.

But heres a funny thing about d cold,I came bck frm abuja two weeks back only to find most of my female friends(like 6 of them) were havin baby bumps.i was perturbed.well,every one of u wil agree with me that when you are with a man and its very cold,u tend to warm up,and mayb these frnds of mine were learners though.but thruth b told,the jos cold is very terrible in december...I mean very very terrible!

1 Like

Re: Jos, December And Cold. by Jasi7(m): 1:47pm On Dec 02, 2014
interleukin:

Hey sweety chill...dnt b hateful,jos is cool jst that d fightings and d recent bombings spoilt jos...Ther was a time u wuld wake up and u wuldnt b able to go to work because some hausa thugs have blocked the road and it gets bloody....but right about now,u dnt have to b worried except that christians don't pass through muslim dominated area and vice versa,jst to avoid being killed silently...

I wont lie,FUN has left jos,people hardly go to gatherings,even d solomon lar park is no longer a fun place u knw...jos has been messed up a little but people stil live ther...I do....its because I need to go farther afield that I leave jos.

1 Like

Re: Jos, December And Cold. by Jasi7(m): 1:54pm On Dec 02, 2014
caukerzee:
.I hate it when people begin to scream "Book Haram", "Fulani herdsmen", "Hausa"...etc When you mention Jos anywhere. The security situation in the city of Jos is [size=19pt]"GROSSLY EXERGERATED"[/size] by the media and it pains me. They make it seem as if one could just be taking stroll through the streets then, a random terrorist out of no where just appears and slit your throat open. When I read the papers and blogs wonder if it's the same Jos I've lived in for over 20 years of my life they're talking about. I mean, before the bomblast in jos earlier this year Jos was celebrating four years without violence. Heck! Abuja has experience many more terrorist attacks than Jos but I don't see people talking ill about abuja's security situation. Cases of Fulani herdsmen attacking farmers never happens in Jos (the state capital ) but rather in a few villages in other local government (even these kind of clashes haven't made the headlines in a very long time). I also hate it when these southerners assume that everyone from the north is Hausa. Meanwhile here in plateau state there is no single settlement that belongs to the Hausa tribe. Any Hausa man in Jos and plateau as a whole is a visitor.

Brother please help me tell them....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Melania Trump Racist In Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" / Adesewa / Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.