Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Jos, December And Cold. - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jos, December And Cold. (20233 Views)

Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) / What's Your Remedy For The Cold\raining Season / The burning cold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jos, December And Cold. by mukykaffe: 10:18pm On Dec 01, 2014
am confused guys where is jos? is it close to paris? or is it as cold as paris? cos i was born in germany and schooled in France grin
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 01, 2014
Come prepared for Boko haram and Fulani herdsmen and their invasion?

Hhmm, odiegwu.

I was in jos city in 2005 and 2006.

A very fine city though but this Hausa Fulani fights en... Hah
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by amakufrancis(m): 10:21pm On Dec 01, 2014
victorels:
The sound of fireworks every where makes you wonder were they had been all this while.

The carol songs lined up as though it is Christmas, but it is only the last day of November.

Every one is eager to announce December as though it is a new year. What a phenomenon.

But it is Jos. The city that is unique in all ramifications.

As the Night comes and all activities are shot down, as the new month arrive, so will the the cold wind as though programmed by a perfect time regulator. That is my Jos city.

A city where every body prepare for every thing, from the rain to the drought, from the season of abundance to scarcity, from crises to peace and celebrations to celebrations.

As the day breaks, the sun rises to a people fully dressed in winter cloths as though its going to be a snowy day. That is my Jos city.

Many that are unprepared are found indoors keeping warm while some others that can't stay away from socialization are found walking in pairs, male and female, he created them all. That is my jos city.

Take a time to visit my jos city and never forget to come prepared.

Happy December.

Proudly Jos born, but we relocated to Delta our home state

bro how is jos?
Wayback we stayed at jos north, rukuba road. Where do you reside in jos?

Really missing jos
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by ahizih(m): 10:23pm On Dec 01, 2014
Jos cold weather is notin wen compared wit katsina state weather, dat one is all season
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 01, 2014
victorels:
The wind is here. The cold Christmas breeze.
Hmmm, i can only imagine... I hv lived @ d North KD, kastina , kano etc.. Buh nt Jos.. Wil lik to visit dere someday
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by jopretty(f): 10:41pm On Dec 01, 2014
My sweet J-town, I love that place so much...its unfortunate I left for service...will love to settle down there.
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by major466(m): 10:51pm On Dec 01, 2014
Jos City is the only place in Nigeria where groundnut oil gets frozen because of cold. *Christmas Fries in the air* smiley
The only place where people wash with warm water (Those not used to the cold)
The only place where jackets and thick gowns rocks as fashion garments.
The only place where boys and girls, young and old wear socks like slippers for warmth against the chilly cold day and night. Jos City Rocks.

2 Likes

Re: Jos, December And Cold. by GreennWhite: 10:51pm On Dec 01, 2014
ammyluv2002:
Seriously! You need to see what I'm wearing now

Abuja cold? So not true mate!!
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by Chartey(m): 10:52pm On Dec 01, 2014
Daninya1:
Zaira is so cold, that fire itself seeks for a blanket to cover itself....
Lolxxx...
Zaria cold na dry harsh merciless cold. U no go wan comot for room sef.
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by ammyluv2002(f): 10:59pm On Dec 01, 2014
GreennWhite:

Abuja cold? So not true mate!!
oya come my house now
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by Exjoker(m): 11:03pm On Dec 01, 2014
devigblegble:
Christmas in November
Very weird honestly
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by Splinz(m): 11:05pm On Dec 01, 2014
Interesting! I'll visit Jos someday.
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by walemoney007(m): 11:07pm On Dec 01, 2014
I go show up for Jos soon
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by avalontony(m): 11:09pm On Dec 01, 2014
I miss jos and the cold Christmas season........

Christmas used to be fun in jos....
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by psyqs(m): 11:14pm On Dec 01, 2014
I rep J town
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 01, 2014
In Sambisa with ma boy Sheki baba

Chilling tinz

We run naija angry
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by Rexhenrex(m): 11:16pm On Dec 01, 2014
Jos weather self u will wear a jacket and sit under the sun imagine.to take Ur bath u will wanna cry because the cold here is what I call "follow come" but It is
fun to be here trust me
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by Vinsaint(m): 11:30pm On Dec 01, 2014
Kai dis aboki weh i write am for dis tin i sabi book weli well walahi!
See as i kwom kwonstruct de poem weli well. I won mek i kwom for Jos
now now. Bortu my mind dey tell me sey Boko Haram dey carri bomb do
fireworks dia. Lol grin grin grin

Anoda tin weh de mek me laff na when pple dey talk abt cold 5-10 degrees in Jos.
When i dey finish school 5p.m eat and go around 9 p.m play futbal match or training
in -5 to -10 degrees in Europe. U no go even feel ur leg, hands and ears.

If not for boko i for come jos dey waka naked for dia in their winta abi na try cold
as i wan visit naija dis xmas. Me weh no dey live for eastern europe dey thank God sef
sey i dey for western side. wetin i for talk. Those ppl dey get -15 to -35 degrees. Still u will
see Igbo boys dey horzul. I dey tell u obinna Nsofor and Amed musa dey piss ice block for dia
in de winter. I no lie you. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jos, December And Cold. by Willybos(m): 11:34pm On Dec 01, 2014
[Beennkumar post=2How about Boko Haram? :- is not abt bokoharam u nefarious human being is abt Christmas n new year
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by Willybos(m): 11:35pm On Dec 01, 2014
Beennkumar:
How about Boko Haram? embarassed
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by Beennkumar(m): 11:39pm On Dec 01, 2014
Willybos:
[Beennkumar post=2How about Boko Haram? :- is not abt bokoharam u nefarious human being is abt Christmas n new year
Dude, I just asked a question.

I wonder what third-world demon is currently running inside of you. undecided
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by Willybos(m): 11:42pm On Dec 01, 2014
[Beennkumar post=2How about Boko Haram? :- is not abt bokoharam u nefarious human being is abt Christmas n new year. "silly"
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by caukerzee(m): 11:45pm On Dec 01, 2014
Vinsaint:
Kai dis aboki weh i write am for dis tin i sabi book weli well walahi!
See as i kwom kwonstruct de poem weli well. I won mek i kwom for Jos
now now. Bortu my mind dey tell me sey Boko Haram dey carri bomb do
fireworks dia. Lol grin grin grin
Anoda tin weh de mek me laff na when pple dey talk abt cold 5-10 degrees in Jos.
When i dey finish school 5p.m eat and go around 9 p.m play futbal match or training
in -5 to -10 degrees in Europe. U no go even feel ur leg, hands and ears.
If not for boko i for come jos dey waka naked for dia in their winta abi na try cold
as i wan visit naija dis xmas. Me weh no dey live for eastern europe dey thank God sef
sey i dey for western side. wetin i for talk. Those ppl dey get -15 to -35 degrees. Still u will
see Igbo boys dey horzul. I dey tell u obinna Nsofor and Amed musa dey piss ice block for dia
in de winter. I no lie you. grin grin grin
drlawizle:
In Sambisa with ma boy Sheki baba
Chilling tinz
We run naija angry
torhuke:
Come prepared for Boko haram and Fulani herdsmen and their invasion?
Hhmm, odiegwu.
I was in jos city in 2005 and 2006.
A very fine city though but this Hausa Fulani fights en... Hah
walemoney007:
So mak we dey com jos because of cold now,abi wetin dis OP mean.but well sha i would lov to visit oda part of nigeria one day sha.for lagos hia eh,u no go remember say u dey december sef wit d kin sun wey go flog u koboko and cane.
I hate it when people begin to scream "Book Haram", "Fulani herdsmen", "Hausa"...etc When you mention Jos anywhere. The security situation in the city of Jos is [size=19pt]"GROSSLY EXERGERATED"[/size] by the media and it pains me. They make it seem as if one could just be taking stroll through the streets then, a random terrorist out of no where just appears and slit your throat open. When I read the papers and blogs wonder if it's the same Jos I've lived in for over 20 years of my life they're talking about. I mean, before the bomblast in jos earlier this year Jos was celebrating four years without violence. Heck! Abuja has experience many more terrorist attacks than Jos but I don't see people talking ill about abuja's security situation. Cases of Fulani herdsmen attacking farmers never happens in Jos (the state capital ) but rather in a few villages in other local government (even these kind of clashes haven't made the headlines in a very long time). I also hate it when these southerners assume that everyone from the north is Hausa. Meanwhile here in plateau state there is no single settlement that belongs to the Hausa tribe. Any Hausa man in Jos and plateau as a whole is a visitor.

5 Likes

Re: Jos, December And Cold. by caukerzee(m): 12:06am On Dec 02, 2014
ahizih:
Jos cold weather is notin wen compared wit katsina state weather, dat one is all season
Back your claim with statistical Data. Jos right from time Jos has been refared to as the coldest 'city' in Nigeria. I'm sure you haven't even been to Jos before.

2 Likes

Re: Jos, December And Cold. by BOUNTYDOG(m): 12:35am On Dec 02, 2014
Emi ko ri aworan enikeni ti omura otutu .ya aworan wonbi won ti se mura otutu ati ina mona mona ti o pe ni"fireworks"niigbayen le mi ma to gbagbo wipe beeni otutu nbe ni ilu jos,sugbon leyin to se eleyi "Adonbilivit"
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by Vinsaint(m): 1:02am On Dec 02, 2014
caukerzee:
.I hate it when people begin to scream "Book Haram", "Fulani herdsmen", "Hausa"...etc When you mention Jos anywhere. The security situation in the city of Jos is [size=19pt]"GROSSLY EXERGERATED"[/size] by the media and it pains me. They make it seem as if one could just be taking stroll through the streets then, a random terrorist out of no where just appears and slit your throat open. When I read the papers and blogs wonder if it's the same Jos I've lived in for over 20 years of my life they're talking about. I mean, before the bomblast in jos earlier this year Jos was celebrating four years without violence. Heck! Abuja has experience many more terrorist attacks than Jos but I don't see people talking ill about abuja's security situation. Cases of Fulani herdsmen attacking farmers never happens in Jos (the state capital ) but rather in a few villages in other local government (even these kind of clashes haven't made the headlines on a very long time). I also hate it when these southerners assume that everyone from the north is Hausa. Meanwhile here in plateau state there is no single settlement that belongs to the Hausa tribe. Any Hausa man in Jos and plateau as a whole is a visitor.

Sry bros no harm meant i my comment. Dont work urself up abt it. But u said Hausas are visitors in plateu Jos? Dat means Jos Plateau aint Hausa State, then what are they and what major language do they speak. Pls am asking to know bros/sis. okey?! Dont get pissed abt de comments u receive. If u can still explain which states are Hausas from de north and which are Fulanis i will appreciate. Is december bruh, U dont need to get angry and spoil ur joyful season. We've come along way. smiley smiley
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by cuteniva: 1:26am On Dec 02, 2014
Those who are not in jos should not jes sit there n type their ignorance. there is nothing like boko haram or fulani attack which d media exaggerate in brain washing you. tk it or leave it,jos is a very beautiful city.
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by cuteniva: 1:57am On Dec 02, 2014
Vinsaint:

Sry bros no harm meant i my comment. Dont work urself up abt it. But u said Hausas are visitors in plateu Jos? Dat means Jos Plateau aint Hausa State, then what are they and what major language do they speak. Pls am asking to know bros/sis. okey?! Dont get pissed abt de comments u receive. If u can still explain which states are Hausas from de north and which are Fulanis i will appreciate. Is december bruh, U dont need to get angry and spoil ur joyful season. We've come along way. smiley smiley
plateau is not a hausa state.hausa is only spoken as mins of communication buh there are other tribes.tk 4 instance in lag, there are different tribes buh yoruba is used as medium of communication.hausa states are north east n west.
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by BrAkingNews: 2:42am On Dec 02, 2014
Raminified indeed!!!

Explosion Rocks Federal Prison in Ado Ekiti >>> http://www..com/explosion-rocks-federal-prison-in-ado-ekiti/
Re: Jos, December And Cold. by paulshakur: 3:14am On Dec 02, 2014
Thank God I won't be going to jos this December.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Melania Trump Racist In Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" / Less Than Nothing / Adesewa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.