Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,275 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army (41218 Views)

Senate Terminates REMITA Contract And Orders Prosecution Of Culprits / Buhari Terminates Oil Swap Agreement / Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army by aresa: 8:31pm On Dec 01, 2014
UNITED STATES GOVT TRANSFER MILITARY EQUIPMENT TO THE NIGERIAN ARMY

BUSINESS DAY
25 June, 2014

On Monday, June 23, 2014 in the Aguiyi Ironsi Cantonment, Brigade of Guards headquarters, Abuja, the United States Government transferred to the Nigerian Army non-lethal transportation, communication and force protection equipment in support of the Nigerian Army’s battle against terrorism.

According to a statement from the US Mission in Nigeria, Major General Ibrahim Sani, Chief of Army Transformation and Innovation, received the equipment from General Linder on behalf of the Nigerian Army. He said the equipment will enhance the operational capabilities of the Nigerian Army.

During a courtesy call on Army Headquarters, Brigadier General James B.Linder, Commander, U.S. Special Operations Command Africa, was received by Major General John A H Ewansiha, Chief of Army Training and Operations (CTOPS), Nigerian Army Headquarters.

That was less than 6 months ago...

Instead of demanding accountability from your leaders, you are siting here blaming the US when in fact they are always giving you country military goods free of charge.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army by ify01: 8:32pm On Dec 01, 2014
ujoinme:
The USA are praying and hoping Nigeria fails so they can plunder what is left of our crude oil, Like they are doing in irag and libya, They are doing everything to help distabilize Nigeria. But Nigeria will not fail.
I love those words in Bold.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army by Abagworo(m): 8:32pm On Dec 01, 2014
I think if Nigerian government believed this guy, we would have solved this crisis. My fear is that it might have reached his predicted "point of no return"

https://www.nairaland.com/803655/nigeria-targeted-destruction-those-ears
Re: Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army by notobs: 8:32pm On Dec 01, 2014
aresa:

Even if it was given to Nigeria because of oil companies, is oil not important to you and your country's one economy survival?

With all the billions of dollars your country budget for defense every year, when was the last time your country spent 1 kobo to but any warship to protect you?

You people coming with shallow and irrelevant excuses doesn't bother me and it's nothing new?
You lowlife learn to reason with your head and not your but t? What correlation has the navy in the Atlantic coast of Nigeria has with the land based insurgency in the northern part of the country?

Is Nigerian navy going to fly their warship to sambisa and kano to fight insurgency? You need to go back to school and learn comprehension and basic logic.

We are talking about attack helicopters and night fighting capability that will counter insurgency which nigeria is ready and willing to pay for and the Americans are blocking the sale, and you are posting useless photos of ships in the Atlantic ocean.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army by bigtt76(f): 8:34pm On Dec 01, 2014
Training without adequate material or equipment is just useless naaaa grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 01, 2014
obaayo2:
this is exactly what a journalist said and vladmir putin burst into laughter..

Sir,america is not thr best and strongest..ask obama why he is hiding under stupid sanctions that wont lead him anywhere against russia..sir,america may have NATO,,but dont forget that the best 3military powers(russia,china,india) are not US allies
You are being child though. Putin is running round developing countries looking for economic helps. He touched down in Ankara, Turkey begging Edorgan to do business with Russia. Please, go and hide in the smelling squalor you crawl out of.

I repeat, USA is the best and strongest nation on the planet. Whether you like it or not that fact remains what it is.
Re: Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army by BlackTechnology: 8:36pm On Dec 01, 2014
notobs:

You lowlife learn to reason with your head and not your but t? What correlation has the navy in the Atlantic coast of Nigeria has with the land based insurgency in the northern part of the country?
Is Nigerian navy going to fly their warship to sambisa and kano to fight insurgency? You need to go back to school and learn comprehension and basic logic.

Perfect gbam
Re: Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army by deji68: 8:36pm On Dec 01, 2014
Why train with Motorcycle when u are eventually going to drive a car... grin grin..right now we have many Russian and Chinese equipments, let get russian and chinko trainers ....come to think of it the american training no be free of charge oooo Mtscheewwwwwwwwwww
Re: Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army by obaayo2: 8:37pm On Dec 01, 2014
all4naija:
Bwahaha... As if Russians give a f**k about Nigerians. Many Nigerians are hit on the streets of Russia without anything done about it. Y'all bunch of i d i o t s!
at least RUSSIA is not an hypocrite and hiding under ther political and economical adultery to loot ignorant nations,dats wat nigeria didnt allow them to do in west africa,dat must have hdamaged there ego and tried everything in there power to make us look silly.....SIR,dont forget america said Nigeria willl break in 2015,,so all these our economy going down and crude being devalued...man think,everything is all american fingerprint on the wall.
Re: Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army by ProfessorPeter(m): 8:39pm On Dec 01, 2014
Nigeria shall boycott all America's products, increase tariffs on all America 's products. Strengthen ties with Russia, China and Japan.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 01, 2014
Make US park well jarey.

Anytime I remember what Mc Cain said aftermath of the kidnap of chinook girls, I really get mad.

He said the USA shouldn't have solicited for the permission of Nigerias president before sending in troops to Nigeria and the whole world including Nigerians clapped for him and hurled insults on GEJ.

I thought there was a majic America was going to perform to find chibok girls and halt insurgency in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 01, 2014
obaayo2:
at least RUSSIA is not an hypocrite and hiding under ther political and economical adultery to loot ignorant nations,dats wat nigeria didnt allow them to do in west africa,dat must have hdamaged there ego and tried everything in there power to make us look silly.....SIR,dont forget america said Nigeria willl break in 2015,,so all these our economy going down and crude being devalued...man think,everything is all american fingerprint on the wall.
You are living a life of misconception. Is USA looting Nigeria in any way? Prove it or remain silent in your pathetic life!
Re: Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army by dallyemmy: 8:40pm On Dec 01, 2014
I am not saying Nigeria does not have fault. Tell me how many countries they have assisted to fight war without regret? it is all about their interes firstt. Ask the libyans, iraqis even the afghans they would all tell you the same.
aresa:

Even if it was given to Nigeria because of oil companies, is oil not important to you and your country's one economy survival?

With all the billions of dollars your country budget for defense every year, when was the last time your country spent 1 kobo to but any warship to protect you?

You people coming with shallow and irrelevant excuses doesn't bother me and it's nothing new?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 01, 2014
datguru:

Is this Nigeria's most pressing need as of now ? Clueless

The likes of you will never cease to amaze me.

Regardless of any step taking, you would always ask the same question, "is it the most pressing need?". Tell me, what's the most pressing need? Before you shout 'security', let me remind you that it is security strategies we're discussing here. I don't know where you studied your own Government, but let me also remind you that the moment the government of a country focuses on some issues (probably your version of "pressing needs" ) and neglect others is the moment failure steps in. You and I don't even know why this step was taken and here you are cursing already. I fail to understand why most of us find it easy to curse our country at every chance even when it's obviously not the topic of discussion.

Or were you just stealing every opportunity to antagonise the present government? Well, before you go politically wild, don't forget we are here to deliberate on what might have led to this decision and whether it's a good one or not; with reasons. Anyone whose brain is not 'big' enough to articulate these and provide reasonable outputs should keep quiet and learn from others instead of typing rubbish.

Happy New Month, bro!
Re: Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army by aresa: 8:42pm On Dec 01, 2014
notobs:

BUSINESS DAY
25 June, 2014

On Monday, June 23, 2014 in the Aguiyi Ironsi Cantonment, Brigade of Guards headquarters, Abuja, the United States Government transferred to the Nigerian Army non-lethal transportation, communication and force protection equipment in support of the Nigerian Army’s battle against terrorism.

According to a statement from the US Mission in Nigeria, Major General Ibrahim Sani, Chief of Army Transformation and Innovation, received the equipment from General Linder on behalf of the Nigerian Army. He said the equipment will enhance the operational capabilities of the Nigerian Army.

During a courtesy call on Army Headquarters, Brigadier General James B.Linder, Commander, U.S. Special Operations Command Africa, was received by Major General John A H Ewansiha, Chief of Army Training and Operations (CTOPS), Nigerian Army Headquarters.

Instead of demanding accountability from your leaders, you are siting here blaming the US when in fact they are always giving you country military goods free of charge.

What about those? You can jot take them to Sambisa?

1. As much as the US is helping your country and her worthless and incompetent leaders, the US is not responsible for your safety and security, the leaders you voted for and are paying taxpayers money are responsible for your safety and security..

2. Are you paying the US $6 billion every year to protect you or the Nigerian military.

3. When was the last time you asked them what they've been doing with all that money and why you military is still poorly equipped and fed?

4. Have you challenged your leaders to explain why the Nigerian military surrender their military bases and weapons to BH? Is this not indirectly arming BH since they can not do it openly?

I'm the least of your worries, too bad you are just to stewed up in ignorance and other societal ills to know...

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army by datguru: 8:44pm On Dec 01, 2014
GozieDiora:

The likes of you will never cease to amaze me.

Regardless of any step taking, you would always ask the same question, "is it the most pressing need?". Tell me, what's the most pressing need? Before you shout 'security', let me remind you that it is security strategies we're discussing here. I don't know where you studied your own Government, but let me also remind you that the moment the government of a country focuses on some issues (probably your version of "pressing needs" ) and neglect others is the moment failure steps in. You and I don't even know why this step was taken and here you are cursing already. I fail to understand why most of us find it easy to curse our country at every chance even when it's obviously not the topic of discussion.

Or were you just stealing every opportunity to antagonise the present government? Well, before you go politically wild, don't forget we are here to deliberate on what might have led to this decision and whether it's a good one or not; with reasons. Anyone whose brain is not 'big' enough to articulate these and provide reasonable outputs should keep quiet and learn from others instead of typing rubbish.

Happy New Month, bro!

Another wasted sperm !
Re: Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 01, 2014
datguru:

Another wasted sperm !

Hehe... resorting to abuse is a fallacy that spells out one thing : absolute lack of point.

Do have a great evening.
Re: Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army by Blakyclyde(m): 8:47pm On Dec 01, 2014
Significant turn of events. The beginning of a thorny diplomacy between two power-houses.
And I hope the US envoy to Nigeria, Amb. James Einwistle is sent packing. The dude has done much harm than good.
Shikena.
Re: Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army by aresa: 8:49pm On Dec 01, 2014
dallyemmy:
I am not saying Nigeria does not have fault. Tell me how many countries they have assisted to fight war without regret? it is all about their interes firstt. Ask the libyans, iraqis even the afghans they would all tell you the same.

If you don't want other countries in your business, they do everything and what you can to protect yourself and quit blaming other countries for your own self inflicted problems.

You can not have it both ways.

You should be asking how the leaders you voted for and paying to protect you have kept you safe and secure your life?

You should be asking them what they did with all the billions you budget for defense.

You should be asking them why some rag tag terrorists are more equipped and powerful than your own military.

You should be asking them why your men in uniform are badly demoralized.

You should be asking what happened to the billion dollar loan they asked for to fight BH

You should be asking why your law enforcement agencies are fighting political battles instead of BH..

Just too many questions to ask, but you wont for obvious reasons..
Re: Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army by obaayo2: 8:52pm On Dec 01, 2014
all4naija:

You are living a life of misconception. Is USA looting Nigeria in any way? Prove it or remain silent in your pathetic life!
i dont think ive used any harsh or immoral words aginst u in my posts.

Sir i wish u ll use the little dried up brain in ur cracked skull..did i say they were looting nigeria,,if u can assemble ur brain in the right order,ull see i wrote dat the US are trying to do wat dey do best(looting)in west africa,but the presence of nigeria didnt allow dem a free rein in the region..shtako!!
Re: Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army by dallyemmy: 8:55pm On Dec 01, 2014
With all their war power and internet spying on the whole world, a time would come the rest of the world would be weary of them.
Re: Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army by notobs: 9:02pm On Dec 01, 2014
aresa:

I'm the least of your worries, too bad you are just to stewed up in ignorance and other societal ills to know...
Keep living in a fo-ols bubble that prevents you to use your fish brain to know that those trucks ,few hand guns and the ships are not what the Nigerian Army needs to counter the insurgency! A nigerian Auto manufacturer INNOSON motors has the capacity to produce 500 - 1000 trucks like the ones you are posting daily, If trucks were what the army needed Nigeria would have placed an order from innoson Motors not gone to ask the US for help, What the Nigerian Army needs are military grade attack helicopters and night vision capability and thats what the US is blocking Nigeria from Accquiring, and thats what we are discussing here not you palmy illusions!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army by TropicalOne: 9:04pm On Dec 01, 2014
The US should go and bother themselves with the training of their policemen who are busy murdering teenage blacks. Teacher no teach me nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army by ujoinme: 9:05pm On Dec 01, 2014
notobs:

Keep living in a fo-ols bubble that prevents you to use your fish brain to know that those trucks ,few hand guns and the ships are not what the Nigerian Army needs to counter the insurgency! A nigerian Auto manufacturer INNOSON motors has the capacity to produce 500 - 1000 trucks like the ones you are posting daily, If trucks were what the army needed Nigeria would have placed an order from innoson Motors not gone to ask the US for help, What the Nigerian Army needs are military grade attack helicopters and night vision capability and thats what the US is blocking Nigeria from Accquiring, and thats what we are discussing here not you palmy illusions!

LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army by AMADU77: 9:07pm On Dec 01, 2014
eunisam:
Nigerian army should get trained in russia.my take.

yep !! so all Nigerian will join d army grin

Re: Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army by berrystunn(m): 9:08pm On Dec 01, 2014
American TAAAH , who are you helping ? Go joor with your terrorism
American I have 1001 question for you , i can only start with 5

Military Joint Training in Nigeria without weapons?
Have you ever defeated any terrorist group ?
how many terrorist group do we have in this world ?
Why are they called terrorist ?
where do they get there money and weapons?

Check your self DHS, FBI, CIA, USCG, USAF, USMC, US Army, USN,
Re: Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 01, 2014
dallyemmy:
With all their war power and internet spying on the whole world, a time would come the rest of the world would be weary of them.

They sold their money to the whole world to manipulate economies. Very soon the whole world would opt for the Chinese Yuan instead of the dollars. The UN headquarters would soon be moved to a different country entirely.

Is that you counter argument? Which country government in the developed or developing nations aren't spying on the other? The cyber crimes USA receive from other countries around the world are unmentionable but nobody talks about them when it affect USA and its businesses. It is only when USA does something to protect its interest people would complain it is taking the wrong step. If you don't have anything to do with crimes and terrorism there is no need for you and your government to be afraid of USA spy.

You are really silly. They fought and won the world war II for the world and the world agreed to trade on American dollar from that time on. If your country like it can adopt Rubble and nobody gives a f**K! You are talking trash as if USA cares about what Nigerians have to say.
Re: Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army by aresa: 9:16pm On Dec 01, 2014
notobs:

Few hand guns and the ships are not what the Nigerian Army needs to counter the insurgency!

Your military gets $6 billion every year so why are they providing what your army need to fight the insurgency?

Appreciate the little they give you instead of your government lying that they are not giving you anything and it's not even the responsibility of the US to do anything for you. You did not elect Obama as your commander in chief and you are not paying Obama to secure your country. You voted for and you are paying Goodluck Jonathan to do that for you so face your own resident instead of blaming other people.

A nigerian Auto manufacturer INNOSON motors has the capacity to produce 500 - 1000 trucks like the ones you are posting daily, If trucks were what the army needed Nigeria would have placed an order from innoson Motors not gone to ask the US for help, What the Nigerian Army needs are military grade attack helicopters and night vision capability and thats what the US is blocking Nigeria from Accquiring, and thats what we are discussing here not you palmy illusions!

So, you don't need trucks, communication gears and weapons to fight BH? Are you going to walk all the way to sambisa?

The US is not the only country in the world that sells weapons so why the fixation on the US?

Are you not even handing over the weapons you have right now to BH every time you surrender your military bases and weapons to BH?

The US is the least of your worries, your lying and incompetent leaders are responsible for your existence, not the US.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army by emmatok(m): 9:16pm On Dec 01, 2014
all4naija:

You are being child though. Putin is running round developing countries looking for economic helps. He touched down in Ankara, Turkey begging Edorgan to do business with Russia. Please, go and hide in the smelling squalor you crawl out of.

I repeat, USA is the best and strongest nation on the planet. Whether you like it or not that fact remains what it is.

Just leave those Nigerian, that loves bad mouthing the US and western countries alone.

Ironically how many Nigerians can do business with Russia, what has Russia got to offer any country.
If you you allow Russia near Nigeria, we will be doomed. Russian are heartless bullies.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 01, 2014
obaayo2:
i dont think ive used any harsh or immoral words aginst u in my posts.

Sir i wish u ll use the little dried up brain in ur cracked skull..did i say they were looting nigeria,,if u can assemble ur brain in the right order,ull see i wrote dat the US are trying to do wat dey do best(looting)in west africa,but the presence of nigeria didnt allow dem a free rein in the region..shtako!!
Dude, I think you need to reread your previous statement with your silly accusation. F**k off! Presence of Nigeria didn't allow USA to loot West Africa! Jeez! Are you that so dumb? Did you just wrote that to make Nigeria a giant well recognized in the world. Please... I don't even think Nigeria is of any strategic importance to USA at the moment!
Re: Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army by Cannonleo(m): 9:22pm On Dec 01, 2014
aresa:

BUSINESS DAY

Bro quit the yapping...nothing of value was given 2 us there.a coup of trucks.hescos no heavy weaponry or offensive enabled eqip was given..simply put it was like a state govt donating hiluxs to the police.am very glad that our upgrade FTA gotten ships are servicable else were..plus our OPV are now in action.go to hell USA
Re: Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army by leofab(f): 9:27pm On Dec 01, 2014
jayonpoint:
If u're bn sold arms n yet its ending up in d hands of terrorists who inturn bcoms d end user against d civilians it was procure protect, wat do u call dat?

America knw enuf wat ur govt has refused to tell u bt I supposed u dnt expect America to run to d media n start telling d world abt ur nation security cover. If u find out why it has refused to sell its arms to ur govt u may either run to d street or start throwing brimstone.

Boko haram issue is d more u look, d less u see. its a secret war against d north which part is avenging civil war n anoda part is decimating its voting power while anoda is cashing in by means of escalating it further. Stop blaming anoda man for ur failure in executing ur manly duties to ur wife. America can't do more Dan its limit wen @dsame tym u accuse it of planning to break up ur con3 n yet u said its nt doing enuf to help u fight terror. Wat a human race!
accused or predicted? Just melt away;;;;

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Saraki, Oyegun And Ahmed Lawan Meet (photos) / PDP 2019 Presidential Campaign Timetable / Aisha Ahmad, Ahmed Kuru May Replace Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.