Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack (32577 Views)

Dasuki Releases Breakdown Of Arms Purchases, Says “nigerians Will Hear A Lot” / Pictures Of A Doctor Who Died In The Damaturu Attack / Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack by Nobody: 11:33pm On Dec 01, 2014
xtervaganza:
Got a job offer in kaduna 2 years ago. A very lucrative job ooo

then I was like.....i never born pikin ooo......i never do my will ooo

na so I refuse the job. Man pikin no wan die

Abeg which job be dat...yearn me make I grab am fast...I dey serious oh...just sent you an email now...expecting ya reply...thanx!
Re: Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack by NafeesaAA(f): 11:36pm On Dec 01, 2014
LordMecuzy:

U r always on point. hw do u get so much info abt d NorthEastern Theatre warfare

Am from the North East, I grew in the North East, I have many family and friends from all the states in the North East and am currently staying in the North East. It is natural am abreast to what is going on in my area. Besides I have lost many love ones in this crisis.

9 Likes

Re: Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack by NafeesaAA(f): 11:37pm On Dec 01, 2014
NafeesaAA:
Boko Haram came to Damaturu immediately after Subhir prayers. They surrounded the town from three front, One team headed straight from Gujuba to Yobe State University. Another team headed past the MOPOL base to the city thru New Jerusalem and the last group took position just behind the JTF HQ.

The mission of the first group is to demolished any resistant from the MOPOL as they are the first group of security formation they will encounter along the way. This will effectively give them free passage to the Government House which is just about 5-6km from the MOPOL base.

Attacking the Government House comes with two advantage, one it is the seat of the Government and secondly just besides the Government House is a military detention facility known as Gontanamo Bay. It is believed that senior members of Boko Haram are under detention in that facility. One will expect Boko Haram will make attempt at releasing some of their members as they did in Giwa barracks.

The last group heads straight to JTF HQ. Their mission probably is to get hold of some new procurement of military hardwares the JTF have been testing for quite some time.
To Be Continue.
Re: Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack by NafeesaAA(f): 11:38pm On Dec 01, 2014
NafeesaAA:
The First group successfully over ran the MOPOL base despite brave resistance from the boys. They then join up with the second group and lunched a daring attack at the Government House. At the initial stage they seemed to have the upper hand, but a combination of Special forces and Police CTU guarding the Government House, they overcome the initial attack and inflicted massive casualty on the Boko Haram members. After suffering losses, they regroup and lunch another attack, that was when military Jets and Attack helicopters came in from Yola and started shelling them. Many where killed, many scattered to various direction. While retreating, they started setting houses on fire and they returned back to the MOPOL base and burnt the entire structures. Not done with they burnt the admin block of the Yobe state university, which I was told was the only structure affected.

The last group of fighters consisted of some of Boko Haram hardened and tested fighter where tasked with taking over the JTF HQ. That group came with suicide bombers, one suicide bomber rammed his explosives ridden vehicle at the gate of the JTF HQ while fighting was on going. But miraculously, the bomb refused to detonate, the suicide bomber came out of the vehicle and attempted to detonate the bomb manually before he was taken down by multiple burst of fire from our gallant troops. Seeing that their suicide attempt at getting into the JTF HQ is gone they retreated after coming under heavy helicopters gunshot. Many where also killed and reports reaching me indicate that some Boko Haram members where bombed while retreating back to Gujuba. A handful of them where arrested after the civilian JTF entered into the battle.
Re: Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack by LordMecuzy(m): 11:38pm On Dec 01, 2014
NafeesaAA:

Am from the North East, I grew in the North East, I have many family and friends from all the states in the North East and am currently staying in the North East. It is natural am abreast to what is going on in my area. Besides I have lost many love ones in this crisis.

Woow really sorry for ur loved ones. We would surely overcome all this someday

5 Likes

Re: Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack by Jaftee(m): 11:39pm On Dec 01, 2014
cupidhero:

What happens when they see a student from the east that is not rocking a muslim attire?
What is wrong with this Igbo guys and tribalism, where is your brain going while we are still here? Did you think most Yobe people are Muslim? Abi na only Igbo de wear jean and T-shirt.
Think of Nigeria for one seconds abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack by xtervaganza(m): 11:39pm On Dec 01, 2014
drlawizle:

Abeg which job be dat...yearn me make I grab am fast...I dey serious oh...just sent you an email now...expecting ya reply...thanx!
2 years ago, bro, 2 years!

Will reply your mail tomorrow
Re: Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 01, 2014
Lost 2 colleagues in the mayhem today...

Nobody cries anymore...cos we all die for fun.

May dr souls rest in peace.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack by NafeesaAA(f): 11:45pm On Dec 01, 2014
Throughout the inferno, no troop abandon or ran away, they all stood and fought off all fire from Boko Haram. Them Boko Haram thought it was going to be like the initial successful attack they carried out last year December, in which massive destruction was melted on our security agencies. This time it was a different ball game, the NA really did great and made everyone proud, All my sources are saying Boko Haram left Damaturu with a hard lesson learnt. Many of them killed and many more arrested.

27 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 01, 2014
xtervaganza:
2 years ago, bro, 2 years!

Will reply your mail tomorrow

Toh
Re: Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack by Ilamina(f): 11:49pm On Dec 01, 2014
Stelvin101:
Imagine what people are going thru in this country. Soooo painful

You people should free the OP jorr angry
If you wan be eye witness or evidence. Carry Camera, enter Nna motors going to Adamawa, Borno or Yobe state.
grin
Re: Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack by JANK23H(m): 11:53pm On Dec 01, 2014
NafeesaAA:
Throughout the inferno, no troop abandon or ran away, they all stood and fought off all fire from Boko Haram. Them Boko Haram thought it was going to be like the initial successful attack they carried out last year December, in which massive destruction was melted on our security agencies. This time it was a different ball game, the NA really did great and made everyone proud, All my sources are saying Boko Haram left Damaturu with a hard lesson learnt. Many of them killed and many more arrested.
Well done NafeesaAA........Well done.

8 Likes

Re: Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack by ypzilanti: 12:02am On Dec 02, 2014
NafeesaAA:
The president ought to pay a top secret unscheduled visit to the troops at the warfront to boost morale. When he gets there he should announce a big wage increase for fighters on the front. Soldiers who die should be buried with full military honour and a top official present. These are the sort of things that will encourage our soldiers. Gej should act like a war president

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack by kmariko: 12:07am On Dec 02, 2014
NafeesaAA:

@ nafeesa...I thank you so much for what you are doing. My heart goes out to you for the lose of your loved ones and those in your community. Your reporting at least shows / lets our gallant and women know that we do care and appreciate all they are doing. Please do not give up we will get through this trying time.

Thanks and be well.

13 Likes

Re: Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack by kmariko: 12:09am On Dec 02, 2014
@ nafeesa...I thank you so much for what you are doing. My heart goes out to you for the lose of your loved ones and those in your community. Your reporting at least shows / lets our gallant and women know that we do care and appreciate all they are doing. Please do not give up we will get through this trying time.

Thanks and be well.

4 Likes

Re: Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack by iphie17: 12:13am On Dec 02, 2014
They should kill the ones caught alive, there is no need 4 them to be kept in d prison cos it wil make dia members to try nd break dem out

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack by Nobody: 12:20am On Dec 02, 2014
Caseless:
*in gejs voice*Damaruru, wher b that sef?
Brother, may God protect you!
yes this what fools like you always wanted to hear so the next thing is gej,very soon if your mama soup pour you will call gej,if you shit and u no clean your nyash na gej,if your pikin fell exam na gej,people like you will die of hate and bad belle,but one thing I know is that oyinbo market no know say one person no come ooo,continue to do what you are paid for,but una go tire,thank God they were repelled,up nigerian armies

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack by HugeMac: 12:20am On Dec 02, 2014
xcolanto:
The rate at which unconfirmed and unsubstantiated news are hitting the front page these days are quite alarming! In Seun's bid to satisfy the hay pee cee bed fellows, the credibility of NL is going to the 'dogs'. While I personally understand the need for fairness and equality, having it at the expense of confusion, and promoting propganda is unacceptable! It is not by force to have opposition news on the front page especially when they have nothing to offer.

This morning it was human rights takes GEJ to court for abuses. This topic was later chainged to NGO's rather than human rights as earlier speedily put up on the front page.
Seun and the mods be guided! Maintain professionalism, don't be pressured into promoting hay pee cee's propaganda agenda just to save face or appear neutral.
Most news from these fellows (hay pee cee) are from unknown blogs and cooked up websites. Do your best to feed Nigerians the true and accurate news especially on the front page. Thanks!
on point

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack by globalresource: 12:43am On Dec 02, 2014
I just pray that these street urchins around my area throwing this 22nd century brand of crackers/Banger will let me know when BH have reached this side
grin[quote

looolz
Re: Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack by globalresource: 12:53am On Dec 02, 2014
ypzilanti:

The president ought to pay a top secret unscheduled visit to the troops at the warfront to boost morale. When he gets there he should announce a big wage increase for fighters on the front. Soldiers who die should be buried with full military honour and a top official present. These are the sort of things that will encourage our soldiers. Gej should act like a war president

you are right.but with the level of compromise in the NA. it is not advisable. those monsters called BK can do anything to have GEJ if Intel gets to them that he is in the north east. As good as the idea sounds, not safe at all for the number one citizen. God help Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack by kings49(m): 1:01am On Dec 02, 2014
Boko haram there is Godooooooooooo
Re: Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack by Ayatullah(m): 1:20am On Dec 02, 2014
GREAT NafeesaAA!
Thanks a lot for your report, it was quite detailed, you kind of take me to the war theatre. You put a big shame to the 'Original Poster' (OP) who said he was reporting from the bush, but I believe he just listened to NTA news and started his fictitious report.

Sorry for those loved ones you've lost. May the Almighty God bring back peace to Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack by Nobody: 1:51am On Dec 02, 2014
Sunymoore:
NB: ignore all grammatical and typing errors, because I'm now presently in the bush since morning.

It all started after we observed Subhi prayer. After the prayers, I decided to brush up what I read the previous night since I'm having exams by 9:00am. Upon opening my book, I heard a very loud gunshot and before you say jack, everybody was out of the hostel.

Some even had fractures and other injuries during the escape. We all thought that they are going to kill us like they did in Gubja. but fortunately and unfortunately, their target was Mobile police base.

The boys succeeded in penetrating the base where they killed many people, though some of the mobile police ran away from the base and escaped with us.

Let me make something clear, honestly and sincerely, Boko Haram are better armed and motivated than our men in arm, because even from the gun sound, one can identify our gallant men and the terrorists.

shut up your mouth and hide? how are they properly harmed? aint it the same weapons they stole from our army?

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack by loomer: 1:53am On Dec 02, 2014
fitzmayowa:
Too many inconsistencies

U too much, the story no straight. Person wey de bush since morning see everything.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack by loomer: 1:56am On Dec 02, 2014
sebali:

So on Point.
OP pls clear d air

The op no get air to clear, him just de form story

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack by IdomaLikita: 2:34am On Dec 02, 2014
Nafeesa's source of info from the NorthEast beats ALL others,even Beegeagle (since Sirius Black went down)! I always wait for her to say something before I comment, because her analysis is OFTEN true thus forms the foundation for further input! Keep it up, Ma'am!

PS: Kudos to our gallant men!
However, in addition to creating a Buffer Zone in Gujuba, what happened to Scout Patrols?
Why were they able to amass on three fronts to storm a City like Damaturu without prior detection?
Why are we still on the Defensive on all fronts despite our recent acquisitions?
Boko Haram attacks typically comes in two waves, this is the First, Are we prepared for the Second wave?(Where they use technicals liberally and field more men)
Good that Birds were scrambled from Yola in good time, but do these birds have the capacity to land 10-20 Special Forces to harass retreating fighters thus inflicting more casualties by slowing retreat?

Yobe has been hit hard by the insurgency! I feel sorry for her indigenes! R.I.P to our Gallant men who fell and any Civilian caught in the crossfire!

4 Likes

Re: Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack by IdomaLikita: 2:35am On Dec 02, 2014
(Quote)

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack by BrAkingNews: 2:41am On Dec 02, 2014
Hmmmmm....

Haha! Actor Yomi Fabiyi Rocks His Secondary School’s Uniform to School Photos >>> http://www..com/actor-yomi-fabiyi-rocks-his-secondary-schools-uniform/
Re: Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack by Paretomaster(m): 2:45am On Dec 02, 2014
eejo:
i don't agree with the issue of arms the issue is will the hausa men agree for heavy weapons use and will not complain about genocide

Anything dat happens in d north is Hausa , which skool did u even grad from sef? Read pls ok?

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack by Kc3000: 3:22am On Dec 02, 2014
Jaftee:

What is wrong with this Igbo guys and tribalism, where is your brain going while we are still here? Did you think most Yobe people are Muslim? Abi na only Igbo de wear jean and T-shirt.
Think of Nigeria for one seconds abeg.

Tribalistic monkeys like you believe you're sleek, so you'll accuse someone else of tribalism, as a smokescreen, while you prance in with your own glaring tribalism. Did the person you quoted mention that he's Igbo or that he speaks on behalf of the Igbo? If you had a problem with his post you address him as an individual, but that would not suffice for a tribalist monkey. You had to drag Igbo into your mess at all cost, just to vilify them.
Notice, I don't give a crap where you come from. You are nobody's mouthpiece, and your foolishness here is yours alone.

Abeg God bless the efforts of our soldiers, but we really need to be more on the offensive. Perhaps isolated observation posts and check points make for easy targets for the roving BH elements who blend in with civilians to stake out their positions for subsequent attacks. Nonetheless, they'll have to be able to effect early detection of BH movement with hundreds of fighters moving across a long distance to attack a capital city.
Seems like our gunships are beginning to turn the tide in our favor as they've given us the upper hand in the latest encounters, from what I've read. With our superiority in the air, we should have the advantage not only in combat but in reconnaissance. We won't win this fight by letting them dictate when and where they wish to engage us.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack by paulshakur: 3:41am On Dec 02, 2014
Sorry about that bro. I Thank God you're safe.

Re: Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack by makzeze: 4:18am On Dec 02, 2014
Cooleasy:
No conclusion? We are waiting.
why didnt you wait for him before posting? You are faster than your shadow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Transition Committee Begins Sitting / How President Buhari Was Received In Kenya (photo) / ICPC Recovers 103 Exotic Vehicles Looted By Government Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.