Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) (66745 Views)

Two Yola-Bound Buses Collide At Night (Graphic Photos) / New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) / Beautiful View Of Victoria Island At Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by ak47mann(m): 9:59am On Dec 02, 2014
Youngzedd:
More
This second pix look like a developed country for sure cool

1 Like

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Arysexy(m): 10:03am On Dec 02, 2014
Anambra adibago mma, nye aka ka odi mma.

God bless Dr willie obiano.

5 Likes

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by ak47mann(m): 10:07am On Dec 02, 2014
Upper Iweka at night beautifying very fast by our able gov obiano the good thing is that this man is not a noise maker, APGA is a party to belong Anambra akwuru go cool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 02, 2014
ak47mann:
Upper Iweka at night beautifying very fast by our able gov obiano Anambra akwuru go cool
All I see are decorated Christmas lights and the street lights which is nothing worth celebrating. The only thing I am impressed about upper iweka is the total elimination of arm robbery and other crimes in that area.

6 Likes

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by echobee(f): 10:19am On Dec 02, 2014
missberrypop5:
kai, i won't miss xmas this year. grin

Village lady tongue
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by ak47mann(m): 10:22am On Dec 02, 2014
berem:
All I see are decorated Christmas lights and the street lights which is nothing worth celebrating. The only thing I am impressed about upper iweka is the total elimination of arm robbery and other crimes in that area.
if it was ngige APC i know you will be shouting SAI buhari by now,Show us how your area is looking in lagos lets see how beautiful your eko ni bajeoooo is looking and yeahh criminals have nowhere to hide anymore Anambra is leading the pack others are learning from us cool

14 Likes

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by PapiWata: 10:24am On Dec 02, 2014
berem:

All things considered, I think the OP was comparing Onitcha to Las Vegas, The City of Lights, NOT in order to claim that the decorative Xmas lights on a couple of Onitcha streets this December are in any way reminiscent of the 'Vegas Bellagio Hotel with its night-lit choreographed dancing water fountains, but merely to remind punters that it is just as easy and far cheaper to meet and consort women of questionable virtue in Onitcha, in comparison to what is on offer in 'Vegas.

In other words, the young female recreational consultants of Owerri are comparable in beauty and performance to those of 'Vegas, with the added advantage of being more affordable thanks to a weakened naira on the international currency exchange market. All told, getting some yang in Onitcha is a better bet than in 'Vegas, if you will pardon the pun.

7 Likes

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 02, 2014
ak47mann:
if it was ngige APC i know you will be shouting SAI buhari by now,Show us how your area is looking in lagos lets see how beautiful your eko ni bajeoooo is looking and yeahh criminals have nowhere to hide anymore Anambra is leading the pack others are learning from us cool
decorating streets with christmas lights is not an achievement. Street lights are in all major towns in Nigeria. That's not worth celebrating too.
Upper Iweka is crime free now. That's my main concern. All thanks to Obiano.
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Morkavictor: 10:26am On Dec 02, 2014
berem:
coming from the same people celebrating fashola street light as achievement.

14 Likes

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Ikwokrikwo: 10:30am On Dec 02, 2014
berem:
You are right, but your able Governor Fashola thinks otherwise, at least Obiano did not organise a jamboree to celebrate such a basic thing as Fashola does for propaganda.

14 Likes

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 02, 2014
Morkavictor:
coming from the same people celebrating fashola street light as achievement.
show me where I celebrated fashola's street lights as achievement and I will deactivate my account.
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by funkybully(f): 10:31am On Dec 02, 2014
berem:

Hypocrite, onye iru abuo, were u not among those that celebrated fashola commission ikorodu rd street light. Now it's not worth celebrating bc it's Anambra.

14 Likes

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by tabletman1: 10:32am On Dec 02, 2014
I don't know what's wrong with this site.
The same people that will celebrate the tallest talking drum will be the one criticizing as if they are any better.

12 Likes

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Ikwokrikwo: 10:33am On Dec 02, 2014
berem:
show me where I celebrated fashola's street lights as achievement and I will deactivate my account.
First of all show us where you told you colleague who celeberate it that it is nothing to celeberate as you did here.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by ak47mann(m): 10:34am On Dec 02, 2014
berem:
decorating streets with christmas lights is not an achievement. Street lights are in all major towns in Nigeria. That's not worth celebrating too.
Upper Iweka is crime free now. That's my main concern. All thanks to Obiano.
igbos are majority Christians so we love enjoying it with beautiful xmas decorations will give igbos a warmly welcome feelings once they reach upper iweka.It lift up spirits and joy when you see beautiful roads with xmas decorations all over the cities at night cool

9 Likes

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by ak47mann(m): 10:35am On Dec 02, 2014
[quote author=tabletman1 post=28522923]I don't know what's wrong with this site.
The same people that will celebrate the tallest talking drum will be the one criticizing as if they are any better.

too much Nutcase in NL grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Abagworo(m): 10:41am On Dec 02, 2014
ak47mann:
Upper Iweka at night beautifying very fast by our able gov obiano the good thing is that this man is not a noise maker, APGA is a party to belong Anambra akwuru go cool

This id lovely. I am hsppy with Obiano for understanding a factor which clearly eluded Peter Obi. Environmental decency is a vital aspect of development. He should not stop at just decorating but also engage in enlightenment campaign to make the mostly trading population understand the gains of clean and beautiful environment.

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 02, 2014
ak47mann:
igbos are majority Christians so we love enjoying it with beautiful xmas decorations will give igbos a warmly welcome feelings once they reach upper iweka.It lift up spirits and joy when you see beautiful roads with xmas decorations all over the cities at night cool
whatever dude!
My happiness is that upper iweka is free from criminal activites from the testimonies I have heard from my Anambra friends. Your governor deserves an award for that. Upper Iweka can be likely compared to Oshodi were criminal activities have been reduced to its barest minimum.
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by ak47mann(m): 10:44am On Dec 02, 2014
Abagworo:

This id lovely. I am hsppy with Obiano for understanding a factor which clearly eluded Peter Obi. Environmental decency is a vital aspect of development. He should not stop at just decorating but also engage in enlightenment campaign to make the mostly trading population understand the gains of clean and beautiful environment.
true talk cool

1 Like

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by ak47mann(m): 10:45am On Dec 02, 2014
berem:
whatever dude!
My happiness is that upper iweka is free from criminal activites from the testimonies I have heard from my Anambra friends. Your governor deserves an award for that. Upper Iweka can be likely compared to Oshodi were criminal activities have been reduced to its barest minimum.
u be ijebu woman?? cool

1 Like

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by SicilyNaija: 10:46am On Dec 02, 2014
Onitsha Ado 4life

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Schematics: 10:46am On Dec 02, 2014
You keep regurgitating Peter Obi. Is Peter Obi not by far better in performance than all the criminal leaders your state has produced since 1999?

Are the mostly trading population particularly at the Head Bridge Drug Mart not from Imo state? Obiano should endeavor to enlighten these visitors that have left their state in droves to come and live with us because of zero or non existent viable economy in their own state. cool

Besides that, Onitsha as the most cosmopolitan city east of the Niger has a very diverse economy from banking to telecom to industry to commerce and now oil and gas. In-fact the number of banks in Onitsha alone is out-numbers the ones in some states around particularly Imo state.

Abagworo:

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by PapiWata: 10:47am On Dec 02, 2014
Ikwokrikwo:

You are right, but your able Governor Fashola thinks otherwise, at least Obiano did not organise a jamboree to celebrate such a basic thing as Fashola does for propaganda.

For endless DECADES before Governor Fashola's tenure, nearly ALL of Lagos streets had NO lighting of any sort, which led to astronomical crime rates.

Fashola is going all out and full speed ahead to CORRECT the myriad serious deprivations the people of Lagos state have suffered for as long as many there can remember, and, one of the BASIC RIGHTS of the people that Fahsola has now granted and fulfilled, throughout much of the Lagos metropolis, happens to be his provision of solar-powered and grid-powered street lights to keep the roads safe and protective of human life as the years go by.

This IS a VERY big deal, Ikwo Krikwo, and Lagos State Governor Fashola has EARNED the right to publicize his ongoing accomplishments while in office, given that his current post is but a stepping stone to his destined position as the President of the Nigerian Federation, to be realized one day, when the rooster crows at the break of a new, glorious dawn.

6 Likes

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 02, 2014
ak47mann:
u be ijebu woman?? cool
Lolz! I resemble nwanyi Ijebu? If you say I love Ijebu garri,you're not wrong o!

grin grin
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Ikwokrikwo: 10:52am On Dec 02, 2014
Schematics:
Are the mostly trading population in Onitsha particularly at the Head Bridge Drug Mart not from Imo state? Obiano should endeavor enlighten these visitors that have left their state in droves to come and live with us.

Abagworo likes to look for trouble please ignore him.
But you self dey yse microscope read people posts?

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by ak47mann(m): 10:56am On Dec 02, 2014
berem:
Lolz! I resemble nwanyi Ijebu? If you say I love Ijebu garri,you're not wrong o!

grin grin
cheesy u love ijebu white garri haha u look like one ijebu custom woman she help clear my goods from seaport without paying demur-rage she is very nice to me i must admit just that i cannot marry her cool
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Schematics: 10:56am On Dec 02, 2014
I have his antidote and I also know exactly how to whip him into line. cool

Ikwokrikwo:

Abagworo likes to look for trouble please ignore him.
But you self dey yse microscope read people posts?

5 Likes

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 02, 2014
ak47mann:
cheesy u love ijebu white garri haha u look like one ijebu custom woman she help clear my goods from seaport without paying demur-rage she is very nice to me i must admit just that i cannot marry her cool
how do I look like her biko? grin
And may I know why you can't marry her?
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by zlatansomto(m): 11:04am On Dec 02, 2014
berem:
how do I look like her biko? grin
And may I know why you can't marry her?
My good friend berem, aw are yuh todae?? And the family too??
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Ikwokrikwo: 11:06am On Dec 02, 2014
Schematics:
I have his antidote and I also know exactly how to whip him into line. cool

Abagworo is a really disturbed man, he deserves you pity and not your wrath.
See what he said on another thread.
Abagworo:

Chino you are not pan-Igbo. We that are pan-Igbo know ourselves. I like the points made by the writer and I believe Igbos have been manipulated into staking our lives for people's political ambition while their kinsmen mind their business. That has always been my song on Nairaland. It is better we maintain good relationship with everyone while we do our buying and selling as the most dispersed people in Nigeria. Today even on facebook I read Igbo youths writing unbelievable words of hate against Islam or Hausa/Fulani instead of minding their business.
Reading his posts you will think Igbos only do buying and selling and you can't find Igbo professionals in other sectors of the economy from banking to telecoms to oil and gas.
He has mental problems.

8 Likes

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by kasiem(m): 11:11am On Dec 02, 2014
pls, lets not praise obiano for peter obi's works. those things were there before obi left and most of the works going on are ones paid up by peter obi..........obiano is yet to initiate any work apart from the security
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Schematics: 11:14am On Dec 02, 2014
Lolzzz!

He is a complex filled old man. Today over 98% of the traders at the Head bridge drug mart are from his Imo state. The clown deserves pity really.. cool

Ikwokrikwo:

Abagworo is a really disturbed man, he deserves you pity and not your wrath.
See what he said on another thread.

Reading his posts you will think Igbos only do buying and selling and you can't find Igbo professionals in other sectors of the economy from banking to telecoms to oil and gas.
He has mental problems.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor / Abuja-Kaduna Train Attacked Twice On Monday 14/9/20 / Newly Commissioned Abia Flyover Turned To Dumping Site (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.